CW - AT boys

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
SnowLeo

CW - AT boys

Post by SnowLeo »

Can you check values versus inf ? Now AT Boys versus inf aka snipers... Easy kill squad inf )))

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: CW - AT boys

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

SnowLeo wrote:Can you check values versus inf ? Now AT Boys versus inf aka snipers... Easy kill squad inf )))

Yes its normal, some anti tank rifles "boys" can one shot a man sometimes.

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
SnowLeo wrote:Can you check values versus inf ? Now AT Boys versus inf aka snipers... Easy kill squad inf )))

Yes its normal, some anti tank rifles "boys" can one shot a man sometimes.

Every shots ? Work like snipers ?
My squad at boys EASY kill 2 squads inf.. and not dead... 8 mans....
1 squad volks and 1 squad pe inf.......... wtf ?!
volks and pe inf was in cover position too... i think this is not good... Just check values/// Markr ?!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

well if your AT boys squad act like snipers and killed 8 mens, this is not normal for sure...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Not sure how you mean this...the whole squad is like snipers? So the soldier with AT rifle snipes infantry and the other 2 guys with enfield sniper too, or only the soldier with AT rifle snipers infantry?

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

MarKr wrote:Not sure how you mean this...the whole squad is like snipers? So the soldier with AT rifle snipes infantry and the other 2 guys with enfield sniper too, or only the soldier with AT rifle snipers infantry?

With At rifle too.... Just check values... but i saw this in every game, and now use at boys at start for easy kill axis squad inf...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I tested it pretty often and i didn't experienced that at all, so i don't know whats going on here.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

@Snowleo, im here with u.But could u please bring replay with prooving picture of all u say?Then together we will fix it right u want it to be.

Cheers
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It just seems weird...stats of BOYS rifle are set to have accuracy vs infantry lowered by 75% + if the infantry is in a cover accuracy goes even lower + with range the accuracy drops even further...I don't see how the AT rifle could "snipe" soldiers with anything resembling "high accuracy". The other two guys in the squad with lee-enfields have same stats as enfields in Tommy squads...don't know what is happening here...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I saw only once or two times in my life a soldier being killed by boy's rifle shot. Other times it's lee enfields that kill.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Yeah it happened to me three times in all my games as brits to see boys rifle hitting a soldier, lee enfield work quite decently, but surely not as sniper rifles

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes sometimes, at boys can snipe a soldier in game, but acting like a sniper, i don't think so.

idliketoplaybetter

Just lets wait for the replay, i bet if he claims it to be "every game/sniper atboys" he must to have plenty of examples, unless he is pointless..which had never been a case ofcourse :D

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

idliketoplaybetter is right - I found nothing in the stats so if you upload a replay I might be able to find there more...since it happens "in every game" it should not be hard to get a it in a replay.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Sounds like your opponent had a gebirsjager boys AT squad, in that case he must have been cheating :D

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

JimQwilleran wrote:I saw only once or two times in my life a soldier being killed by boy's rifle shot. Other times it's lee enfields that kill.

Not saved :( But Toni you can see in our game. 3 ver 3 ... where are you choiced 3 rafs ))) remember ? this happen in right corner.... not where are you fight with Warlord (Versace) this is was versus me and Blitz ... but in next game on la faire my at boys killl 2 FULL HEALTH squds and not lost nothing ))))) but i afraid not saved replay ((((((((((

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Not a problem, you say it happens every game, so remember next time you see it and save the replay then.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

that game nami was on your side and he crashed so maybe his bot got some insane RNG

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I have actually experienced this lately, AT Boys really seem to be scoring head-shots.. more like snipers. Also, they can instantly eliminate any sand-bags under construction with only one shot... Preventing ur opponent from establishing heavy cover, and sometimes even forcing him to withdraw specifically in early game.

And btw; I noticed that not only the infiltration Rangers retreat while crawling.. but also the Demo Storm!
Possibly the leader Storm squad too, though I am not absolutely sure about this one.
However, I am 100% sure regarding the Demo team... And hopefully the new Marine Commandos won't have the same issue.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I have actually experienced this lately, AT Boys really seem to be scoring head-shots.. more like snipers.

Have you got the replay?

Krieger Blitzer

Nope, I haven't saved any replays.
However; I think there is no need really to save any replays even... As it's not something "rare" to catch.. just position some AT Boys behind cover and try to advance with Pioneers or Volks toward them; then carefully notice what would happen, pretty much each hit scored by the AT Boys is actually considered a kill or a head-shot. Wiping out full health soldiers!

As for destroying sand-bags under construction with 1 hit, it's also easy to test by urself.
Same with Demo Storms retreating in crawl mode. So I think there is no need for replays here...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We just did such test with Pblitz and got normal results - if BOYS are in green cover and opponent is in no cover, they (e.g. Volks) will get wrecked. When Volks are in yellow cover and BOYS in green, BOYS still have good chance to win. If both have same cover, then BOYS lose simply because BOYS have 2xEnfield while Volks have 6xKar98 so they have andvantage in numbers.
It is the same as if you said "there were last 2 Storms left in a squad in green cover; I had my Rifles in the open without cover and Storms killed my squad!". Bolt-action rifles in general have good accuracy, when infantry is not in cover, they are easier to hit while infantry in cover is harder to hit, takes less damage etc. This outcome is normal.
The result of our test confirmed what stats in files told us - nothing is out of order here.

Krieger Blitzer

I will try to catch a short clip when it happens next time.. it would be normal accordingly to the scenario you mentioned, but what happens is rather different...

Anyways, I think we can agree that they shouldn't be able to destroy sandbags under construction with only 1 hit! I won't talk about the Demo Storm squad here again tho, as it's actually off-topic.. but I am pretty sure you already know about it now :)

idliketoplaybetter

Does the camo/stationary fire ability provides extra accuracy/critchance for those ATboys with Enfields too?

Cause, i've never seen ATboys killing units like guys are telling they do, but what i can tell on this, is that due to camo ability, its getting almost impossible for Axis unit to fight back.They simply cant catch a normal shot on them, before ATboy unit will fade off.
So maybe, just maybe, this feel of ATboys deadly machine is coming not from their "actual strenght", but from comparable infight effectivness.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Tiger1996 wrote:I will try to catch a short clip when it happens next time.. it would be normal accordingly to the scenario you mentioned, but what happens is rather different...
OK, do it...but for me a video/replay where Volks without cover get killed by single AT squad in green cover, is not a proof of anything. Have them both in same cover and show me at least 3 cases (but the more the better) to rule out RNG luck.
idliketoplaybetter wrote:Does the camo/stationary fire ability provides extra accuracy/critchance for those ATboys with Enfields too?
No, it doesn't.

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Cause, i've never seen ATboys killing units like guys are telling they do, but what i can tell on this, is that due to camo ability, its getting almost impossible for Axis unit to fight back.They simply cant catch a normal shot on them, before ATboy unit will fade off.
So maybe, just maybe, this feel of ATboys deadly machine is coming not from their "actual strenght", but from comparable infight effectivness.
AT rifle has very low accuracy vs soldiers - about 5.6% against soldiers without cover at max range and about 10.6% at close range; light cover further reduces the accuracy to half, heavy cover by half too but also protects the target from 50% of the gun's damage. So there is a chance the rifle would hit a soldier but it is very low chance.
The enfields are about same accurate as Enfields that Tommies have - 43.75% accuracy against infantry without cover (and as any other rifle, +25% damage against infantry without cover) so give or take, every 2nd shot hits and deals extra damage. At closer ranges the accuracy is even higher. So if you see BOYS in green cover, and try to rush them with Volks and nade them, maybe up 3 (but I would say usually 1 or 2) get killed but in during the maneuver but quite frankly, if you build a Tommy squad, kill 4 soldiers and try to attack the same position but instead of BOYS there will be the two Tommies, on average, the result will be the same.