2v2 amazing end

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
sgtToni95

2v2 amazing end

Post by sgtToni95 »

Me: Inf
BEREN: AB
vs
Trafikant:Blitz
antho: luft

Was pretty much a static game, luft was blocked by Heavy mortar emplacements, tiger ace made a great breakthru in our lines, dodging both long tom and air patrol.
Ended magnificently with our brave enemies basebombing after losing the second tiger ace and getting paras decimated by snipers.
I was about to make a jumbo but maultier destroyed my buildings blocking it, and having my snipers retreated in base apparently justified a stuka anti buildings patrol in my base ^^
4p_beaumont.2017-05-01.14-10-44.rec
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

Redgaarden

Re: 2v2 amazing end

Post by Redgaarden »

I would justify walking stuka on the sniper. But an ability that does not even target snipers I'm not so sure. But hey that thing isn't really good for anything else other than the base 80% of the time.
Will be watching
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

that end just annoyed me... it's not the best game to watch

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

The game was fun to watch. It could have gone for a bit longer if he didn't basebomb your supply yard. But man, why did he basebomb you with a maultier with no obvious justification?

I rate it 8/10 Some mistakes were laughable and some of them weren't, that is why it doesn't get 10. The basebombing was just an abrupt end for me. Dont mistake my words, I do not agree you should basebomb with maultier like that nor should you snipe snipers with stuka patrol.
I dont you should ever use the stuka patrol in a base. Happend to me and it aint fun whatsoever.

KornBlatt

Post by KornBlatt »

Redgaarden wrote:The game was fun to watch. It could have gone for a bit longer if he didn't basebomb your supply yard. But man, why did he basebomb you with a maultier with no obvious justification?.

Why prolong the game Mr Red? It is very boring to fight a base turtle. I think it is sadistic for the winner and masochist for the base turtle.
I think you must not listen to German complainers who are angry they lose before building a grand Tiger army. I bomb anyone's bases but especially when I play the Allis. You must strangle the enemy in the bed in their situation.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I was producing a jumbo and i was keeping infantry away from my base with snipers. My mate had more than half of the map, was not lost at all. If you wanted to end that quickly might be a reason, but usually people consider basebombing quite rude.
If ending quickly is the reason maybe you could run straight for stuka patrol and use that on your enemy's base as soon as you can would be such an amazing victory ;)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

KornBlatt wrote:
Redgaarden wrote:The game was fun to watch. It could have gone for a bit longer if he didn't basebomb your supply yard. But man, why did he basebomb you with a maultier with no obvious justification?.

Why prolong the game Mr Red? It is very boring to fight a base turtle. I think it is sadistic for the winner and masochist for the base turtle.
I think you must not listen to German complainers who are angry they lose before building a grand Tiger army. I bomb anyone's bases but especially when I play the Allis. You must strangle the enemy in the bed in their situation.

I think the issue is that other tools are available to kill the turtle but very few options to stop gameplay-ruining basebombing (when a person isn't turtling).
As both axis and allies I think there are ways to kill quicker than strangling someone in bed with artillery. But I think people DON'T want to do it with finesse because their pride gets in the way and want to avoid risking a comeback from the opponent.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I like basebombing and I did encourage other people to do it. But the stuka bomb patrol just feels a bit too cheesy for me. Let's use it for what it was intended for. Instead of destroying bases destroy emplacements. A usual game often goes back and forwards in who is winning or losing. Ending it prematurely before the winner has been decieded just because you can, seems kinda childish* in my eyes. You're supposed to fight the enemy units in this game. And when you basebomb do it for a reason even if it's a bad one, like I wanted to stop your tiger from finishing, I wanted to kill your annoying sniper that keeps dodging everything. And when you do bomb the enemy base, precision and stopping after you have killed your target would be much appricated.
Hell you better be prepared because there will be alot of complaining and you have to deciede yourself if it's worth getting into an arguement over killing whatever you killed in the enemy base.

I dont think you should just bomb the base for the sake of bombing the base. I dont think anyone ever decieded the definition for basebombing, like mortars are ok, flak 88 okay? 105 not okay as long as the enemy doesn't have arty in their base.

I for one would allow arty in base for situational situations.

'Couldn't find better word*

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I agree with Red. Basebombing simply kills the fun.