Unmanned mannable emplacement

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
speeddemon02

Unmanned mannable emplacement

Post by speeddemon02 »

A buddy of mine and I were talking about the game and he mentioned that he misses the old vCoh mg emplacement where you could put people inside of it. That got me thinking of where did that go? Maybe that could be brought back for US Infantry, but with no MG. It could be similar to German bunker, but only at a 90 degrees?

JimQwilleran

Re: Unmanned mannable emplacement

Post by JimQwilleran »

There is already something like that for inf, you can build it on the strategic point. It secures and increases the res of the point. In every other situation... just build a trench...

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Btw, are those strategic emplacement's from Infantry doc are any usefull?Does it provide more defensive bonuses for units inside compare to basic trench consider its price and time to build?
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Btw, are those strategic emplacement's from Infantry doc are any usefull?Does it provide more defensive bonuses for units inside compare to basic trench consider its price and time to build?

Of course it does, it fortified a resource point, heal and reinforce troops, it can gather infantry to defend it, its more stronger than an ambulance, and if you put an officer or a retreat flag point nearby you got yourself a great forward HQ emplacement buildable anywhere in the map.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I've tried them a long time ago and remember them not working the way I had hoped, dont recall exactly what, have to go and try them again and see. I think it was MG teams didnt work, I know you cant put mortar in them

Viper

Post by Viper »

i remember i saw in another mod something similar to what you suggest here. i think they are called foxholes.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
idliketoplaybetter wrote:Btw, are those strategic emplacement's from Infantry doc are any usefull?Does it provide more defensive bonuses for units inside compare to basic trench consider its price and time to build?

Of course it does, it fortified a resource point, heal and reinforce troops, it can gather infantry to defend it, its more stronger than an ambulance, and if you put an officer or a retreat flag point nearby you got yourself a great forward HQ emplacement buildable anywhere in the map.

thats not true panzer you cant put them anywhere, you can just put them in clear flag points where the ground is at horizontal and without any object interfering in the way.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

mofetagalactica wrote:thats not true panzer you cant put them anywhere, you can just put them in clear flag points where the ground is at horizontal and without any object interfering in the way.

Obviously! But all players knows that you can't build on hills, obstacles, and captured points...

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
mofetagalactica wrote:thats not true panzer you cant put them anywhere, you can just put them in clear flag points where the ground is at horizontal and without any object interfering in the way.

Obviously! But all players knows that you can't build on hills, obstacles, and captured points...

Well most of the important point on the maps has obstacles in the way, maybe if the thing where a little more small it could fit in more places