Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

heinrichfritz13 wrote:do you have a model for pak44 AT gun?

heinrichfritz13 what this new model request has to do with this topic on 4.9.7 patch? stop asking for models here, or create a new topic, but first you need to read that: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:
mofetagalactica wrote:Why not? after all pershings dosnt do shit againts kingtigers and jagd's just the super pershing does damage to them, and its too risky since if you lose it you can already say "gg". I have seen this too many times.

Also i know what you're going to say "well just use an airbone strike then urhghhg"
Super Pershing is NOT meant to be absolute destroyer for every Axis tank so it is OK if does not destroy KTs and JTs. 90mm guns and 17 pounders will get buff for penetrating JT from rear.
And "Pershings don't do shit against kingtigers"? Frontally at max range without AP they have 23% chance (40% with AP), and from rear (which in the game means hitting anywhere in the rear HLAF of the model so you don't need to be behind the tank to hit "rear") it is 92,3%. So don't go against KTs with Pershings frontally and 1v1 is not not a good idea either.

Try to destroy a JT with pershings try shooting him all the time u want u will not get it and if you do it send me the vid and pershings are not good at flanking or going for "the back" also maps are too small to flank 90% of the time. Anyway this is not what i am trying to talk here, im just asking why the KT can be builded unlimited times and not the super pershing? afterall its a game dont justify it saying that only 1 was made we know that, but this is a game.

mofetagalactica

Panzerblitz1 wrote:On top of what Markr just said, 99.9% of the PvP games are won without any big late units such KingTigers, SuperPershing, Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant, etc... they are won way before with mediums tanks, infantry, arty, etc... the advantage to have big boys at the very end is to make the "coup de grace" quicker to finish your opponent (s) and crush the last resistance for good, nothing else, you just CAN'T win a game with only a Kingtiger or a Superpershing, this is not true, so please consider that those very heavy units are in game to end the enemy pain and finish it to get a "GG" more quickly.

To be able to burn 2000 cp or 1500 cp at once, you really need to own (or your mates) the field a minimum, if its not the case and you succeed to pull out your big unit, it will be a lost cause anyway, it won't change the fact that you lost the game already.

The 1% remaining is that you don't own (or your mates) the battle, you succeed pulling up your big heavy tank and you win the battle...that means your opponent (s) wasn't good at all or you got extremely lucky.

Again answer me, why is the super pershing a 1 call unit, while all others are not? This is a game afterall right? Its the super pershing "OP" compared to the king tiger? or you are just going to say "because only 1 was made". I have read so many times "game is not 100% realistic" well it seems like with the super pershing it is.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

mofetagalactica wrote:Try to destroy a JT with pershings try shooting him all the time u want u will not get it
When I gave the numbers in my post I was talking about KT. JT is frontally very hard penetrate for any AT gun. Rear chances are bugged now and will be higher in the next patch.

mofetagalactica wrote:and pershings are not good at flanking or going for "the back"
Think outisde the box. Pershing has 90mm gun, Jacksons have 90mm guns. Stats for 90mm guns are the same. If Pershing is not suited for flanking then M36 will be - it has Flank speed ability.

mofetagalactica wrote:also maps are too small to flank 90% of the time
We keep telling people to play on big maps and avoid "narrow" maps because big maps solve some problems with gameplay. If people don't listen and keep playing on maps which we say are not the best choice it is hardly our fault.
(viewtopic.php?f=27&t=736&)

mofetagalactica wrote:I have read so many times "game is not 100% realistic" well it seems like with the super pershing it is.

The game is not 100% realistic because it cannot be - PC game and realism are simply two terms that will never have an "equal sign" between them. BK mod was created to be "more realistic" than vCoH which means that it tries to find a balance between "making things as realistic as game engine allows it" and "balanced gameplay". The fact that there was only one SP shipped to Europe falls into the category of "as realistic as possible". The limit forces players to advance with caution with SP because they know they will not get another one - it also makes it the primary target for Axis of course. But nobody forces you to use the SP. It is a reward unit for "Pershing Ace" which is unlimited. Pershing Ace is an example of something "unrealistic" in the game because Pershings did not have enough fights in the war to gain any "Ace" status but it is in the game unlimited call-in to make it justifiable reward unit for SP (if both were limited to 1 or unlimited nobody would ever pick Pershing Ace). Pershing ace (compared to regular Pershings) costs only MP, has more HP (can survive more hits + lesser chance of getting critical), has better gun and comes with a Tank commander.

For the future reference, it is better to use the "edit post" button and merge the posts together rather than write two posts one right after another ;)

mofetagalactica

MarKr wrote:
mofetagalactica wrote:Try to destroy a JT with pershings try shooting him all the time u want u will not get it
When I gave the numbers in my post I was talking about KT. JT is frontally very hard penetrate for any AT gun. Rear chances are bugged now and will be higher in the next patch.

mofetagalactica wrote:and pershings are not good at flanking or going for "the back"
Think outisde the box. Pershing has 90mm gun, Jacksons have 90mm guns. Stats for 90mm guns are the same. If Pershing is not suited for flanking then M36 will be - it has Flank speed ability.

mofetagalactica wrote:also maps are too small to flank 90% of the time
We keep telling people to play on big maps and avoid "narrow" maps because big maps solve some problems with gameplay. If people don't listen and keep playing on maps which we say are not the best choice it is hardly our fault.
(viewtopic.php?f=27&t=736&)

mofetagalactica wrote:I have read so many times "game is not 100% realistic" well it seems like with the super pershing it is.

The game is not 100% realistic because it cannot be - PC game and realism are simply two terms that will never have an "equal sign" between them. BK mod was created to be "more realistic" than vCoH which means that it tries to find a balance between "making things as realistic as game engine allows it" and "balanced gameplay". The fact that there was only one SP shipped to Europe falls into the category of "as realistic as possible". The limit forces players to advance with caution with SP because they know they will not get another one - it also makes it the primary target for Axis of course. But nobody forces you to use the SP. It is a reward unit for "Pershing Ace" which is unlimited. Pershing Ace is an example of something "unrealistic" in the game because Pershings did not have enough fights in the war to gain any "Ace" status but it is in the game unlimited call-in to make it justifiable reward unit for SP (if both were limited to 1 or unlimited nobody would ever pick Pershing Ace). Pershing ace (compared to regular Pershings) costs only MP, has more HP (can survive more hits + lesser chance of getting critical), has better gun and comes with a Tank commander.

For the future reference, it is better to use the "edit post" button and merge the posts together rather than write two posts one right after another ;)

Ok i understand why the things of the SP thanks, by the way what you mean with the rear armor of the Jad's bugged??

Also mark can you check the rotation velocity of the turret rotation on the M10 destroyer? its the slowest i have ever seen in-game. And is kind of waste since it has really nice habilities.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

He means that 90mm guns as well as 17pdr guns.. will both have better chances penetrating the JT's rear in the next patch.

Regarding M10 Wolverine... What do u mean by "the rotation velocity of the turret rotation" :?:
I assume you mean the rotation speed of the turret, right? Well, I think it's realistic and fair. Hellcats on the other hand have much faster turret rotation speed, and generally better mobility.. but much more vulnerable armor against 20mm cannons in return...

You should also keep in mind that Pz.4.J turret is also rotating as much slowly as the M10 tank destroyer's turret... But there is an "H" version which has much faster turret rotation too.. therefore more expensive indeed!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

mofetagalactica wrote:Also mark can you check the rotation velocity of the turret rotation on the M10 destroyer? its the slowest i have ever seen in-game. And is kind of waste since it has really nice habilities.

Rotate your entire unit, i already told you that before, the turret speed is good in game and will stay like that.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

mofetagalactica wrote:
Also mark can you check the rotation velocity of the turret rotation on the M10 destroyer? its the slowest i have ever seen in-game. And is kind of waste since it has really nice habilities.

In M10 hand controls were used to slew the turret. That means that turret rotates as fast as a man can turn the crack. It's realistically slow.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

mofetagalactica wrote:Also mark can you check the rotation velocity of the turret rotation on the M10 destroyer? its the slowest i have ever seen in-game. And is kind of waste since it has really nice habilities.

Check the M10 turret speed here at 6:34...and at 8:13 the quickest the gunner can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veKXd35dInM

heinrichfritz13

Post by heinrichfritz13 »

the m10 can only turn it's head in limited degrees.. pls change this. make it able to turn 360 degrees.. i don't care if it's slow. i just want realism..

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

mofetagalactica wrote: by the way what you mean with the rear armor of the Jad's bugged??
90mm guns and 17 pounders have at the moment way lower penetration against rear armor of JT than we wanted - I overlooked something and this is the result. It will be fixed in the next patch.

Viper

Post by Viper »

still no mirror moddb link available for map pack ii

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Just want to say PIATS are now very well tuned and performing decently, so good job there!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Were piats changed?

Edit/ jk in drunk. I just read log. Delete me

Edit edit Toni fight me
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

@DrunkKwok
MarKr wrote:- PIAT aim time halved
- increased damage of PIAT against light vehicles

Edit: I think you just fell asleep little teddy bear, sweet dreams <3

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

sgtToni95 wrote:Just want to say PIATS are now very well tuned and performing decently, so good job there!
Sarcasm? :?

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

:lol: Hahah no, for real! I know you might be used to receiving only complaints, but i thought this topic is for a general feedback on current patch, so i wanted to give a positive feedback about PIATs tuning. Halved aimtime makes up for the lower shell velocity with shrecks/zooks teams. With increased damage to halftracks you can now reliably 2 shot an HT (happened once to oneshot with a rear hit), and accuracy is still the same so they're not overperforming.
If it makes you feel uneasy or uncomfortable i won't give positive feedbacks anymore, i promise.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Oh...in that case...GREAT! :D :D :D

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Yea, I confirm. Piats are cool.

mofetagalactica

Panzerblitz1 wrote:

Check the M10 turret speed here at 6:34...and at 8:13 the quickest the gunner can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veKXd35dInM

If you are going to use real life vids as an answer then you will have to search for the other tanks and slow every tank like 25% more that they are in game (aka tiger and panthers) lol. Anyway dude its a game and in the game there are shits that make the m10 even more useless with that speed rotation, like when you use his special round hability , it makes the front of your tank to turn into enemies when the cannon its already aiming to an enemy tanks and when that happens the turret has to turn again even more, being most of the times useless just for that. Thats why i told to mark to check the m10 since its not working or performing very well.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Iirc the tank rotations are also not realistic. Years ago they also changed for example the elephants rotation speed to make it more effective. And i dont think it turned that fast in reality as it does here. (Iirc) So in that case realism to all or game balance.

But personally i dont care that much (and never did. Coz the overall price tag of M10 isnt that bad i would say)
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I added "realistic turret traverse" into my mod. People hated it. So I upgraded some tanks and kept others "realistic" for people to show people realism is NOT what they want.

For the record, M10 has about a 6 degrees rotation per second, which means itll take a full minute for it to go around 360. In game is going faster than that. It means you need to position your tanks better.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The M10 turret rotation speed will stay as it is, its a tank destroyer, and it is meant to be like that for bk gameplay, but we will change the 90° rotation by a full 360°.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

but we will change the 90° rotation by a full 360°.

Hmm...
It's worth to notify that the Pz4.J turret also can't rotate 360° and it's as much slow as the M10 Wolverine's turret, while I think the Panther.D from Luft doc is actually the same as well.

And I believe that it was set to turn only at 90° like this.. for a very good game-play reason. Because; when such slow turrets finally manage to complete a rotation of 180° (I mean pointing at the rear of the tank) then it would be a true pain in the ass whenever trying to re-adjust them once again to face the front! As it will simply take ages. Which would make it even worse... That's why I think this is not a good idea at all to be honest.

SO I would say to better leave them all as they are. But after all if you really think that this is the correct thing to do.. then i am not really going to bother for it, since it is not a big deal to me anyway. But I just felt I actually needed to point this out...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Guys do we need to go more realistic with the M10 360 rotation turret or keep it 90 for the gameplay? Please vote here viewtopic.php?f=15&p=18061#p18061