Rapid Sniper Shots

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Rapid Sniper Shots

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The following scoped rifles, were all bolt-action ones...
Springfield, Kar98, LeeEnfield.

Which means that there is noway that any of them could fire so rapidly!

Therefore I suggest to remove this ability from the US snipers, CW snipers as well as WH snipers.
Rapid sniper shots ability.
Rapid sniper shots ability.

So, only the PE sniper would keep it.. since he is using Gewehr 43 which is fast firing...
I was inspired by this idea after observing some complaints or other suggestions to add extra snipers for PE, or to increase their rate of fire. So; I thought this could be the best solution maybe :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Rapid Sniper Shots

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes they could fire even more quickly in real.
https://youtu.be/eZmv46JJrUA (kar)
https://youtu.be/qqQVz1UIvZ4 (Lee enfield)

Krieger Blitzer

Well, practically.. then yes. But it highly depends on the skills of the soldier who is grabbing the rifle... And in BK, such a thing is represented in the sniper veterancy levels, the higher the veterancy.. the higher rate of fire and accuracy your sniper would gain.

Technically however; it's still a bolt-action rifle after all ^^ Which is designed that the soldier would manually have to pull that piece of metal each time he fires. Unlike the Garand, M1 Carbine or Gewehr 43 rifles on the other hand which are all semi automatic ones.

That's why I think the rapid shots "ability" would make more sense only for the snipers using those kind of semi automatic rifles...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Snipers in bk are realistic and will stay as they are, snipers are well trained marksman units, and they are not picked "by pure luck" from their platoons, you are not a sniper if you are not good at shooting.

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm, that's alright then! Sounds legit... Was just a thought after all :)

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Speakinging about these things. You guys know that the M1 Garand (2.625 CoolDown) is shooting slower max range than the Kar98 (2.5 CoolDown)
Not only that, the Kar98 has 3 points higher dmg 23-33 compared to the garand 20-30 I see no realism nor balancing reason why this has to be. This is a HUGE difference in power because the garand will waste a shiton of potentional dps whileas the Kar has a much bigger chance of using one less bullet in killing their target. My suggestion would be either 1: lowering dmg of garand and inreasing accuracy/ROF while still holding same pitable max range dps but wasting alot less potentional dps. Or option 2 increase/decrease their weapon dmg to be identical, I would favour increasing the dmg of the garand to better comat supperior axis weaponry.
Brits are a representation of option 1 wheras they have less dmg 19-29 but they waste alot less dps.

But I respect your decsion not doing either of these changes since the raw numbers allies can field of these weapons make even the slighest adjustments a big change.
And since my final goal is to slightly nerf Infantry doctrine but make American Infantry better as whole.

This is also true for other weapons. But since I dont know exact stats I wont list them.

I know this is wrong subject but it feels like the axis kar are borderline "Snipers".

Sorry for the inconvenience. I was trying to hold back.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

oooOOOOoohhhh.. Someone has been doing some hardcore research on corsix.

Hey red, want to do something fun? Check out the stats on the scope g43 for gebirgs. That'll give you something to talk about in this "sniper" conversation.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

oooOOOOoohhhh.. Someone has been doing some hardcore research on corsix.

Hey red, want to do something fun? Check out the stats on the scope g43 for gebirgs. That'll give you something to talk about in this "sniper" conversation.

Hehe jep I need to get a better hobby. If I remember correctly those weapons weren't omnipotent. They had higer dmg I think, but low close range accuarcy and low moving accuaracy. Not like you could get close to them anyway always seems like they kill you before you enter their range.
And it's always fun to have something to do in those looooong lobbies.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

if i remember right, their high damage and high accuracy at long range times 6 makes them essentially rapid fire snipers with mega defense buffs. not at home right now, but what is their relative long/distant accuracies?

It's your quote "Not like you could get close ot them anyway always seems like they kill you before you enter their range" is exactly what I'm hinting at. Their DPS at mid/long range is just insane as if they had lazer rifles. The only competing weapon is the FG42, which you mentioned in the other post, which is why I'm a bit upset that the fallsj reg5 got a def buff at all. They are already great offensively, why allow them to live longer so they can get into closing distance to use their mega weapons? Just because people don't think beyond walking over open fields calling it an "attack"? Gosh people, I thought the fun in Bk was rewarding skill and tactics, not build order to uber units...
But I'm going off topic now. Just wanted to point out the other high performing long range weapons like you.

Also fun fact about snipers. Why do RAF snipers have 140hp? Any particular reason or mistake?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Also fun fact about snipers. Why do RAF snipers have 140hp? Any particular reason or mistake?

I thought all snipers had 140 hp except for ab sniper which has 100 hp. And here is my fun fact. 25 pounder does 125dmg vs sniper meaning they will survive a direct hit.

but what is their relative long/distant accuracies?

I wont be home for about a week. But I think their accuaracy were smething like this
max range 0.45
far range 0.55
near range 0.65?
min range 0.35?

with 28-38 dmg?

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

kwok wrote:Also fun fact about snipers. Why do RAF snipers have 140hp? Any particular reason or mistake?

HUSHHHHHHHHHH!

Wake

Post by Wake »

What is the health and damage of snipers? Do some snipers have more health than other snipers? Does the RAF sniper having 140 health mean he can survive a shot from a Wehrmacht sniper?

Also, for those of you who know the statistics, is using the "rapid fire" ability actually worth it? Does it mean you kill more enemies, or is it usually a waste because the sniper misses more of his shots?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Did you really experienced to have a "rambo" sniper in game? Don't think so, there is more than the HP or Damage of a unit to take in count, i don't really think this "sniper" topic is going somewhere even if its nice to see that people can read some corsix values here, no offence intended.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Turns out all snipers have 140 hp, who knew. That'd explain their seemingly extra resilience. It wasn't so much a "rambo sniper" question just wondering why it was that way.

BUT, this is relevant because it has to do with the rapid shot ability which I think is what this topic can sort of be about? It multiplies cooldown of a weapon by 25% and accuracy by 75%. This means it shoots 4 times faster and is 25% less accurate. Net, it improves the AVERAGE damage per second by 3 times ( base / .25 * 75 = base * 3). Praise RNJesus that it actually performs at that level or better in the situation where it is most critical.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

What is the health and damage of snipers? Do some snipers have more health than other snipers? Does the RAF sniper having 140 health mean he can survive a shot from a Wehrmacht sniper?

Also, for those of you who know the statistics, is using the "rapid fire" ability actually worth it? Does it mean you kill more enemies, or is it usually a waste because the sniper misses more of his shots?

The of the sniper does not matter. it ould do 1 dmg and still insta kill all infantry. Sniper have a extremly high crit chance of 95% of instakill and 5% chance of insta wound (Meidcs pick him up)

The only exception of this rule are ofcourse tanks, and heroic units like officers which will only get crit killed when their hp goes below 1% hp.'

And I haven't tested it out. But I think vet 5 snipers should theoretically survive a snipe.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Redgaarden wrote:
The only exception of this rule are ofcourse tanks, and heroic units like officers which will only get crit killed when their hp goes below 1% hp.'

And I haven't tested it out. But I think vet 5 snipers should theoretically survive a snipe.

Hehe, and long gone Knight Cross Holders :P. Even if they didn't bother to dodge snipers' shots, one bullet in the head wasn't enough to stop them. Ah.. good old bk..

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Heh, I miss cross holders, it was a fun unit to play and to face as well, burning butt of terror doc player when you put 2 snipers into kangaroo and kill his knights like elephants on African safari was priceless.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Hehe, and long gone Knight Cross Holders :P. Even if they didn't bother to dodge snipers' shots, one bullet in the head wasn't enough to stop them. Ah.. good old bk..

I remember them surviving 105mm shells on higher vet...