CW (brits) - Scouting capabilities

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Lionelus

CW (brits) - Scouting capabilities

Post by Lionelus »

Hello everybody

i'm writing to discuss the possibility to improve scouting capabilities for the brits.

Brits got quite a lot of scouting units, yet most of them are doc specific or cost fuel (and a lot of MP), hence expensive to replace
To name some of it :
- Lieutenant
- Captain
- Recce (cost fuel + scouting capacity unlocked when RAF is chosen)
- Daimler Dingo (cost fuel and is a reward unit)
- arty spotter (specific to Royal arty ; they can't crawl, and can only be paradropped on ally territory ; quite difficult to place them actually)

This is an issue I've noticed for quite a while. Maybe somoene brang this up already ; or maybe i'm the only one having scouting issues here with brit

Best,

Lionelus

Tor

Re: CW (brits) - Scouting capabilities

Post by Tor »

Realy?)) WH have only scout, forgot about this.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Realy?)) WH have only scout, forgot about this.

Yes they only have one scout and it does its job. The problem is that vanilla brits and Royal engineers lack said scouting since Recce is RAF only for scouting, Daimler is reward unit, and Spotter is again Doctrinal.

The luitenat will be killed by either the mortar halftrack or other artillery units

And I often hear brits/PE "Can you put recon up?" This game half reconnaissance. This is an actuall problem, the daimler was added for just this reason. but I personally still feel brits are lacking in the reconnassiance area under certain circumstances.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

CW have plenty of good scouting units, the RAF got great reco units and triangulation, all officers can scout with very intersting abilities, yes the daimler can scout and camo, reco planes etc... yes it cost resources, but its normal.

Lionelus

Post by Lionelus »

Hello everybody

I guess I'm the only one struggling with this then.

I agree CW got lots of scouting tools, but nothing cheap and spammable, such as spotters.

But, that's good actually. It makes CW original and special.

Sorry for bringing this useless point here

All the best

Lionelus

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Itøs ust every time you get run off the field you will have 0 visibilty most of the cases. While the others will have a hidden spotter, the brits have alot of recon, not countinues but when they want it.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:CW have plenty of good scouting units, the RAF got great reco units and triangulation, all officers can scout with very intersting abilities, yes the daimler can scout and camo, reco planes etc... yes it cost resources, but its normal.

Have to agree, the Recce from RAF doc provides really huge sight range already.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hey Lionelus, hope found a solution for yourself. I know I had the same trouble. Glad dingo has came now, so it can at least hide and be inf resistant. But NOW, I don't know if I should use the Bren carrier or dingo. For 1v1s I always bring dingo, but if I have teammates I can count on I've been experimenting with the Bren carrier.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

2 of 3 docs have a useful recon plane that has a good chance to become a 神風. Kiling enemy panzer factory and scouting the map at the same time beats everything :P