Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Post by MarKr »

Hi, at first we wanted to make this version just a hotfix for some critical problems that occurred in 4.9.6 but in the end we implemented a few more things, so that is why it took longer than we initially announced. Tanks with 90mm guns have now higher fuel upkeep which should make it a little bit harder for Armor player to maintain a constant force of several Pershings in the field. Endro also provided a fixed version of his reverse system. If you notice any problem with it, let us know.

Changelog:
General:
- Implemented a system that enables easier reversing for vehicles (thanks to Endro for the tweaks)

US:
- lowered accuracy of 90mm guns against Tigers
- fixed bug where US recon plane fired bullets
- removed reward option of M16/M15A1
- M16 removed from Armor doctrine and replaced by M15A1
- Increased fuel cost of Pershing by +10
- Fuel upkeep of Pershings increased to approximately 7.5
- Fuel upkeep of Jacksons increased to approximately 4.2

CW:
- BOYS should no longer have trouble killing Schwimmwagens and other light vehicle with 1HP left
- PIAT aim time halved
- increased damage of PIAT against light vehicles

WM:
- made tweaks to Sturmtiger's rocket so it SHOULDN'T happen that often that it does no damage
- Sturmtiger's callin icon should display properly on 1366x768 monitors now
- sector propaganda should work properly now

PE:
- Fixed bug which made Henschles miss most of the time

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8n72e755b ... _Patch.exe

Have fun :)

Krieger Blitzer

Re: 4.9.7

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

- Implemented a system that enables easier reversing for vehicles (thanks to Endro for the tweaks)

Finally!!! So I didn't create that video for nothing... :D

For those who are wondering about the hot-fix of the few bugs in the Map-Pack 2, it will be later as far as I am concerned :)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

- M16 removed from Armor doctrine and replaced by M15A1

Why? So they had 0 AA vs Luft??

sgtToni95

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Post by sgtToni95 »

"increased damage of PIAT against light vehicles"
preparing sunglasses to spectate those huge mighty blasts 8-)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

JimQwilleran wrote:Why? So they had 0 AA vs Luft??
What do you mean "0 AA"? M15A1 can attack planes too.

M16s are mainly used as early infantry counters and rarely anyone builds them purely for AA purposes. Armor doctrine does not need to have this strong anti-infantry unit. It is there to provide tank support and fight with Axis motorized units.

Krieger Blitzer

Yup, the M15A1 is also much more effective against light vehicles.. with 2 seconds aim time for handheld AT weapons... It also has much bigger potential now; I like all the changes :)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:What do you mean "0 AA"? M15A1 can attack planes too.

Yea, 0,50 cal on the top of every sherman also can attack planes. Even rifles shoot planes. But M15 can't do 360 degrees rotation. So should I foresee the direction of incoming plane and turn it before head? That's not really useful, is it?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yeah, it cannot go in full 360° but "only" 290°. But realistically speaking - do you really believe that the Luft player will always know where your M15 is and which way it is facing and adjust plane flight path to it?

Also what is the big deal? Terror doc can field no really effective AA either to protect their big tanks which are more expensive and so more painful to lose them to planes. TH doc has the same problem - if they need effective AA units to protect their expensive tanks, they need to rely on team mates. Why is it such a problem to do the same as Armor doc?

DolphinsAreGaySharks

Post by DolphinsAreGaySharks »

MarKr wrote:Also what is the big deal? Terror doc can field no really effective AA either to protect their big tanks which are more expensive and so more painful to lose them to planes. TH doc has the same problem - if they need effective AA units to protect their expensive tanks, they need to rely on team mates. Why is it such a problem to do the same as Armor doc?

If you want so much to match armor doc with terror so why dont you give armor a strong artilery unit like stuka?

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Not all is meant to be the same. Also it's for balance reasons.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

DolphinsAreGaySharks wrote:If you want so much to match armor doc with terror so why dont you give armor a strong artilery unit like stuka?
Where exactly did I say that Armor doc should match Terror? I only backed my case of "M16 is not needed in Armor doctrine".

You brought me to a great idea! We'll return M16 to Armor doctrine and give Ostwind to Terror and Wirblewind to TH...you know...because it is OK for them to have strong tanks and strong anti-infantry/AA unit in one doc...after all, Armor doc has it. Thanks for inspiration, mate! :)

DolphinsAreGaySharks

Post by DolphinsAreGaySharks »

MarKr wrote:
DolphinsAreGaySharks wrote:If you want so much to match armor doc with terror so why dont you give armor a strong artilery unit like stuka?
Where exactly did I say that Armor doc should match Terror? I only backed my case of "M16 is not needed in Armor doctrine".

You brought me to a great idea! We'll return M16 to Armor doctrine and give Ostwind to Terror and Wirblewind to TH...you know...because it is OK for them to have strong tanks and strong anti-infantry/AA unit in one doc...after all, Armor doc has it. Thanks for inspiration, mate! :)

Yeah no problem feel free to do it i dont mind but still as i said you ll give armor a strong artilery unit, right? 8-)

Krieger Blitzer

The M15 is also a strong AA.
======================================
PERFECT hot-fix btw, i tested all the changes now.. including the Henschles too... SturmTiger icon is now displayed on my 1366x768 screen as well. Absolutely no bug was detected from my side until now. Everything is very flawless and pretty smooth; very well done. You really nailed it!

BK could even have my perfection stamp right now, actually. Very satisfying :)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

DolphinsAreGaySharks wrote:Yeah no problem feel free to do it i dont mind but still as i said you ll give armor a strong artilery unit, right? 8-)
If we keep Calliope there but each rocket would do about the same damage as ST rocket...will it be strong enough?

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

Ya i tired the M15 and hated it, I use the M16 for anti air more than anti infantry. If the .50 cal could be 360 it wouldnt be as big a change. As luff ya I'll keep in mind how vehs are facing when plotting run-ins

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

269mb for so little changes, what???

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

speeddemon02 wrote:Ya i tired the M15 and hated it, I use the M16 for anti air more than anti infantry. If the .50 cal could be 360 it wouldnt be as big a change. As luff ya I'll keep in mind how vehs are facing when plotting run-ins
To make things clear - the M15 for Armor doctrine was not meant as "let's give them a unit that is equally effective as M16 but a little different". The idea was to nerf US armor doc anti-infantry and AA capabilities and make them in this way little bit more dependent on team mates. Still - Terror has the only AA the armored car (1x 20mm gun), TH doctrine has Opel Blitz (no armor, 1x flak) and armored car (1x 20mm gun). M15A1 has dual .50cal and 37mm cannon so it is still better AA than what Terror and TH have. It cannot rotate in 360° but that is the intended downside for this doctrine.

mofetagalactica wrote:269mb for so little changes, what???
With an average internet connection you donwload it in like 10 minutes. Why is it a problem?
But to clarify - with each patch come certain amount of files that were included in previous patches so that is why it "so big".

Tor

Post by Tor »

I like this patch, maybe - 0.5 sec aim for upgraded bazookas in INF doc, and stop making patches)

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

A huuuge "Thank You" to the staff for your efforts! You try to match everyones opinions with the most delicate topic of balance, all while preserving that tasty BK-Mod flavor. Keep it coming, your work is much appreciated!

heinrichfritz13

Post by heinrichfritz13 »

Hi to all! I will try to put all of my inquiries in one post so. here it is..

How come the M10 Wolverine can't rotate it's turret to a full 360 degrees? whenever i order it to fire in the rear, it will have to face the rear then shoots..it looks stiff-necked to me. Is it historical? Can you make it 360 degrees rotatable.. i also see this on panzer IV tanks..

may i suggest that the grille is enabled to fire normally at enemy units in range of it. like the grille i saw in battle of the bulge mod.. and also it's barrage ability doesn't have just one shot. but 3 or 4 shots but expensive and a long recharge time unless a munition halftrack is nearby.. and here is the difference between the stupa and grille: stupa is more armored and expensive and worked effectively in demolishing fortifications while the grille is fragile but long-range and worked effectively for indirect fire roles..

pak 40 ht, suppression stormtruppes, heavy waffenss trups, assault pios doesnt speak.. is it hard for you guys to fix this issue?

do you guys have a blitzkrieg mod where the soviet faction is included that you only enjoyed by yourselves? i heard that you borrow panzer 3 from EF dudes so i'm wondering if you have bk-ef mod.. if you have.. can you share it to me pls.. i want to try soviet units skinned by you guys..

i was wondering if you have a model of sexton SPG. might be interesting if you add this as a reward unit for cromwell arty or churchill arty..

i was also wondering of a possibility of making a A34 Black Prince.. It's basically a Churchill with a 17 pounder gun.. you can just modify the turret main gun of a churchill and put a firefly gun there. so it's not that hard to make.. and put this as a reward unit for comet tank.. the difference is. the black prince can only be called once.

i also wonder about adding a tulip rocket to british staghounds.. because the sherman only have these ability.. why not add these to firefly or to the staghound also.. as a collectible ability for royal engineers doc.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

8-) You are wondering a lot mate, i already told you regarding new models in Bk, especially the ones who never saw combat during WW2 (Again), and no, we don't have the red army ready to go for bk, even in intern...

Yes, some voices aren't implemented, simply because they don't have voices, and just don't want to talk in game... i tried to explain them that it would be nice from time to time they said something for you guys during games, but some just don't want... i actually had a big fight with the sturmpios squad last night, they pretty much point their fingers at me, i guess some units don't like to talk much, so i decided to drop their case... but i will keep them in game still :roll:

Sorry for the sarcasm, but repeating things, over and over again is lame especially when its getting a bit too "Twilight Zone".

About the grille/stupa etc... there is nothing wrong with it.

The M10 Wolverine is a tank hunter with a powerful gun, and yes its slower in rotation because it is a "tank hunter" with some good abilities.

heinrichfritz13

the m10 can't rotate fully. is this historically correct?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

heinrichfritz13 wrote:the m10 can't rotate fully. is this historically correct?

Most of the times tank hunters had to move their whole chassis to get faster in aiming position due to their heavy barrel and relativelly light chassis, yes in coh the M10 can't make a complete rotation and is limited to 90 degres to prevent having a much more longer rotation when getting back in position.

Krieger Blitzer

heinrichfritz13 wrote:the m10 can't rotate fully. is this historically correct?

From a realistic point of view, M10 turret traverse is very slow.. even in War Thunder btw. Hellcat can be used instead, but it has much weaker armor and can be easily killed by 20mm cannons on the other hand.
Pz.4.J same, you can use Pz.4.H instead.. but it's surely more expensive though... :)

I actually think that the game is absolutely fine atm; I literally have nothing to complain about whatsoever :P

heinrichfritz13

actaully there is.. this early production king tiger . is it possible to change it's colors. maybe replace this with the one that you removed the early production king tiger without side skirts.. where the upper tracks are visible.. i like that one. because this one looks like a wreck when you zoom out..