MapPack 2 - Bug Reports

Playmobill's mapping corner - share your work and exchange tips & tricks for all things "Worldbuilder"
Playmobill
Global Moderator

MapPack 2 - Bug Reports

Post by Playmobill »

Please report all issues you find in the MapPack 2, so we can address em in the next patch.

Known Issues:
- General : Some antivirus can corrupt files during the download. (yes, that is lame) Avast does it for example, but its not the only one to do it. To prevent that in Avast, you must deactivate the 'shield' while you download, you can reactivate it after and scan the file if you want, but its not really a mapack bug, its more a antivirus issue, and it can also happen with Mod files, not only mappack.

Bloody Gulch (2v2 version only, 3v3 version is not affected by this bug) :
- ! wrong map entry point (special unit spawn) for slot 3.

Hill 112 :
- minor object misplaced in village.

4p_Bizory
- Weather to be changed from cycle heavy snowing, to static overcast with better midday lighting.

6p_Road_To_Cherbourge_Revised
- Old mini-map to return. Fix new minimap
- Hostile grass patch

4p_Road_To_Caen / 4p_Bocage
- ! Units get stuck behind HQs.
Last edited by Playmobill on 24 Aug 2017, 22:41, edited 7 times in total.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

sgtToni95

Re: MapPack 2 - Bug Reports

Post by sgtToni95 »

Bizory- 2v2
One of the buildings in middle village doesn't allow mg to shoot from it (the one next to the ammo point in the pic). Was not about mg being in the wrong window cause it stayed ther for a while and never shoot. Other units had no problems.
20170216100135_1.jpg

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

@Bizory- 2v2:
We've not been able to reproduce this issue. On my tests, MG squad obliterated every infantry on it's south-east street.
So no map bug for this.. if you encounter this behavior again, let me know, but imho its probably coming from a squad behavior (supressed, or just squad beeing dumb), more than a map related issue.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Playmobill wrote:Please report all issues you find in the MapPack 2, so we can address em in the next patch.

Known Issues:
- General : Some antivirus can corrupt files during the download. (yes, that is lame) Avast does it for example, but its not the only one to do it. To prevent that in Avast, you must deactivate the 'shield' while you download, you can reactivate it after and scan the file if you want, but its not really a mapack bug, its more a antivirus issue, and it can also happen with Mod files, not only mappack.

Hill 112 :
- minor object misplaced in village.

Let's see if anyone would actually discover anything with the new Road To Cherbourge or not... :D I bet u know what I am talking about :P

Paine

Post by Paine »

Bretonneux has desync issues. played 2x with kwok both desync

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

Desync isn't related to maps AFAIK.
not that i don't want mappack to have issues (i create this topic to gather them!), but i'm pretty sure desync has nothing to do with the map you play on.

But thanks anyway for the reports, that is a good opportunity to speak about Desyncs:
For example i had desync on Angoville yesterday, aswell as Kurland pocket, and those map are very small and very simple (and both have been played for years without issue). Only thing i could note was that my opponent had ping spike at some point.

What i'm really disapointed on, is that this desync bug happen only since "New Steam Version", and sega seems to dont give a f*** about fixing it. maybe its on purpose, so they can sell more coh²... we'll never know.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

last times i had desynced games i noticed that it started at the point when somebody had some connection delay "waiting for player x to..........." and then it kept saying this about the players who actually had a different game from me... so maybe it's about connection

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Hi.
Any chance of revising the maps Operation Goodwood and Wolheze (both 6players)?
Always getting perfomance problem on these two and unstable FPS while scrolling the map even on start when there are no action.
thx

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

Goodwood has been revised for sector layout and bug removal, but performance remain an issue (despite it has been slightly improved): its a titan work to optimise in-depth this one, its a solo map ported for 4v4, there is unfortunatly no fast solution to fix perfs.

Same thing for Wolfhetze (6), its a map planned for solo, and its optimisation standards are for 1player only, so it would require a huge amount of work aswell.

Focus for now is to fix Mappack 2 potencial issues, to improve its current content in a first place

Krieger Blitzer

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:Any chance of revising the maps Operation Goodwood and Wolheze (both 6players)?

Both 6 players?!

Goodwood can be played 3v3, just close 2 slots... The same way; the map Wolfheze can be played 2vs2 as well.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I've tried everything I can think of and cannot get the maps to show up in game. When I install them I'm not asked where to install, it just does it. The .sga files go into blitzkrieg/archives/maps2 folder

Krieger Blitzer

Download this file of which Wolf has shared here:-
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1663#p16527

And place it into; Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch
If it asks you to "over-write" click yes. Now just re-install the maps if they are still not working... That's all.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Hi, so first of all, i'd like to thanks Playmobil for making mappack, bringing me and other's more hours of joy ;)

However, im here to report a thing, that is preety huge
2v2 map "bloody gulch", it was all mixed teams, with, i believe random positions set(however not sure if sides were changed though(since i cant tell who is suppose to be where)
So the bug is:
When brit player(positioned on a left side of the map, position 1 i guess) tried to call in 2nd HQ truck, this truck spawned at the Axis (i believe which is planned to be position 3) side and was destroyed.Happened few times in that game, so not just occasional thing.
Other spawn's were fine.

p.s. map itself is quiet fun, so ye, that's why i called it huge thing :D
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Did u read the first post before typing this? :)
The bug you are talking about, is already known.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Ehhh, nope, i did not mention that
..is that internet police at my door ringing now?:D

(and i'd like to delete my fail post, but simply cant see delete button anywhere)
Last edited by idliketoplaybetter on 23 Feb 2017, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Ehhh, nope, i did not mention that

Look:-
Playmobill wrote:Known Issues:

What internet police are you talking about? :roll: Anyway.

Viper

Post by Viper »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Hi, so first of all, i'd like to thanks Playmobil for making mappack, bringing me and other's more hours of joy ;)

much appreciation to playmobill. and to everyone else who helped to create this. you forgot 2 more.
all rights to be reserved. and if you scroll down. there are more names to display. no one to be disregarded.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I don't understand what you mean? there is more people who needs to be cited? be more clear please.

Krieger Blitzer

seha wrote:
idliketoplaybetter wrote:Hi, so first of all, i'd like to thanks Playmobil for making mappack, bringing me and other's more hours of joy ;)

much appreciation to playmobill. and to everyone else who helped to create this. you forgot 2 more.
all rights to be reserved. and if you scroll down. there are more names to display. no one to be disregarded.

Truth is; Playmobill has done most of the job, so biggest props to him! As I was more like an assistant after all. Since that Endro had some real life difficulties and he wasn't able to continue at that time... Even though that luckily enough.. now he is back ;)

So please everyone, let's just concentrate on the bug reports regarding the new maps rather than any other side subjects :)

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

Yes, im very much aware and sorry of that gamebreaking mistake i made in the 2v2 version or Bloody Gulch.
Lucky that there is a 3v3 version (without bug) that can be used as 2v2.

2v2 version will be fixed later, but we can't give any delay, so for now, use the 3v3 version instead.

Also, thanks a lot guys, but i'd like to remind you that Endromede did a huge part of the map pack too (probably the biggest part actually) so i'd like to give to caesar what belongs to caesar

autraymond

Post by autraymond »

Berlin 1945 seems to crash people frequently, just had all players crash after 10min ingame. Lionelus also said he had problems with it in 3 games.
"There are 2 kind of people who play CoH, those who only play Axis and those who don't give a f***!" - Kwok 2021

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

I also had a single match on that map and a player crashed.. dunno if it is related

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I also crashed on Berlin.

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

LOGs!
Please, i need as much information on those crashes, Expecialy logs of those crash(s) if you can provide em, because without much infos, that's the kind of bugs i can't reproduce:

Logs will help us greatly to figure what cause those crashes (if possible), and also, if it is related to the map or not (because only certain players seems to experience those crashes, most players never crashed on this map).
Map file itself is untouched since like 4 years and that is the 1st time i hear about crashes on it.

If we can get our hands on Log's of these crashes, that will greatly help. The more data we get, the better it is.
Also mention if you use the HD ground texture pack or not. No clue if it's a factor of crash, but we never know.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hi guys,
played Bocage 2v2 map few times lately, and noticed that when US starts from slot 2, HQ spawn is on the back of the building and units get stuck in the wood on its back.
Not sure if this happens only with jeep (saw only that and from my mates) but, since it's a starting unit it can be quite frustrating having such a slow start because of this.
I think making US start from slot 1 can solve the problem, just this map is so good, and solving this problem would make it almost perfect.