Not a Tournament, but a Campaign

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.

If you were to play, what side would you want to play as?

Allies
38%
Axis
46%
Not Interested (note why down below, including if you think this won't work and why it won't work)
15%

Total votes: 13

kwok
Team Member

Not a Tournament, but a Campaign

Post by kwok »

Wanted to see how many people were interested in participating in a CoH roleplay campaign. I was thinking about matching CoH maps to their real life locations and playing out some campaigns using CoH games as the means of progressing the campaign.

Here's a quick preview of the maps to real life locations:
france campaign map.png

It will take a lot of work to figure out and make the right rules. So I was thinking maybe a trial scenario: Blitz of Caen
cane campaign.jpg

The (first draft) of rules and mechanics of the campaign:

1. "Registration" would be players signing into a side of the campaign: axis or allies. They would also decide what doctrine that they will play through the campaign. That will be your "character" as a commander through the Blitz of Caen. When each side forms enough players, they will elect a force commander that will be the representative for their side to submit player movements and actions to the central "game master".

2. Players will begin on the Allied/Axis positions on the map. They will then submit orders to move to particular "strategic locations" on the map. Each location can only fit a certain amount of players at a time. So players will need to discuss and make team decisions in where to place themselves.

3. Each "turn" which will last a certain amount of time (lets say a week). Force commanders will submit orders to the game master each turn. Potential orders are: Move or Attack. When the commanders have submitted their orders, the game master will reconcile all the orders and give out the required battles for the turn.

4. Battle schedules will be posted each turn, and the battles will need to be played out among players each turn. When they have finished their battle, they will submit the replay to the game master to update the war map.

5. The campaign is over when each side has met a particular objective. For Blitz of Caen:
Allies need to win the location Caen
Axis need to ensure allies to not win the location of Caen over X turns

Anyone interested in trying it out?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Re: Not a Tournament, but a Campaign

Post by JimQwilleran »

Sounds complicated but I am all in :D! Of course allies need me, the supreme commander of allied expeditionary force - Dwight Eisenhower, that's my name ;D.

I think it's an awesome idea, but I wonder how many guys would participate.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

+1 from my side< great idea!

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Suki, you need to pick a general! That's how boys play! Who would u be? Patton? Rommel? Manstein? Don't tell me u want to be Montgomery..

Sukin-kot (SVT)

My troops will be ruled by fuhrer himself!

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Haha, that's not a good idea :D. I heard he hadn't been a good war tactician :P.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Thats just an allied propohanda.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Gotta love Kwok and his ideas. +1

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well, such a nice idea.. though i am not voting for now; but later I will. Since I am still kinda unsure which side I would be exactly taking part in if this campaign has ever kicked off...

However, speaking out of tournaments then it's supposed that the tournament of which I've started last year would be resumed.. as we have actually made quite a decent progress down there. And to be honest I believe it would be shameful if I would stop that tournament forever. As I have promised it would continue at some point... Nonetheless; I think that investing money and efforts for organizing such things would be much worth it if BK was moved on Steam! So, I am kinda waiting to see if the devs are REALLY willing to move it on Steam or not.. it's only a matter of what decision they would like to take a step at. They lack nothing, as I think everyone would be glad to support if they ever announced that they are bringing BK on Steam...

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Suki, you need to pick a general! That's how boys play! Who would u be? Patton? Rommel? Manstein? Don't tell me u want to be Montgomery..

I would guess that applies to me as well.

My pick will be Thomas L. Harrold on the American side.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Great idea btw kwok ;) sorry about this intermission lol

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Offtopic fight moved here: viewtopic.php?f=13&p=17037#p17037

If you need to continue, do so there...

Krieger Blitzer

"Panzerblitz1 vs Tiger"
LMAO :lol:
Phew... I am sweating! Goddammit.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Redgaarden wrote:

Oh, I didn't know him. But lol 9th Armored Division. Didn't know that he was the commander. That would be cool to see people actually "role-playing" generals and the actual companies. But that would mean you can always pick only 1 doc - the doc of the division/company of your general. I guess that would be too much ;).

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Sure i am in as the Panzer lehr division their self.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

illa, i think itll be most fun if people only DID choose one company/doc the whoel campaign. that way it adds strategic flair to the war map. otherwise it'll just be players matching/dodging players.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Oh, I didn't know him. But lol 9th Armored Division. Didn't know that he was the commander. That would be cool to see people actually "role-playing" generals and the actual companies. But that would mean you can always pick only 1 doc - the doc of the division/company of your general. I guess that would be too much ;).

Hehe I guess I was too specific, then I'll join the allied side :P.

P.s: His division was nicknamed the Phantom Division

P.s.s: It was an American armor doctrine not to confuse with the german "Ghost Division"

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

When are you planning to start this?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hm... it looks like there's enough interest. Let's see if we can hit maybe 16 participants by next week? Else I may need to do some campaign map designs. Because right now it's just a 4v4, which isn't really much larger than a standard BK game. And I'll post more formal rules with some help from you guys.

One thing I want to figure out is how to avoid game dodging and how to penalize people for refusing games. So, if there are any thoughts there it'd be nice. Because there might be some situations where the teams might be imbalanced, 2v3 or something. If the team of 2 keeps avoiding the game then what happens?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Quick question. You know about OMG mod?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I heard of it. I think it lost competitively to another mod called EIRR which was the same but a bit more customization. Unfortunately, EIRR died due to... go figure... a really really shitty community. It became really really elitist so I quit as well. They accepted me fairly quickly as a noob because I guess I wasn't THAT bad but newer players would just get crushed.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Seems like you know about it better than me.

Krieger Blitzer

EIR? You mean Europe in Ruins? Some people called it "Balance in Ruins" :D But I never played it though... :P

I am honestly still unsure what I should vote for!

EDIT
Ok then, I'm going Axis.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

This campaign is a great idea Kwok ;) I'd really like to join it but my laptop is not working after i dropped some tea on it unfortunately. I'd be glad to help you with organization if possible, hoping to be able to eventually play if there will be other iterations of this :)
I think if you can reach the number of partecipants you suggested, it could be a nice occasion to have more people cooperating on ts and knowing each other a bit better.
I'd really like to finally hear that NAMI's (Andrzey's) voice coming from his ass :D

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

sgtToni95 wrote:I'd really like to finally hear that NAMI's (Andrzey's) voice coming from his ass :D

lol, Lorenzo chill out your pasta :P. Actually on a such occasion, it fear it might be inevitable not to speak on the.... team speak.. as it were.