What mechanics or stuff you would like to keep from BK?

Talk about CoH2 or BKMOD2 in general.
Wolf
Administrator

What mechanics or stuff you would like to keep from BK?

Post by Wolf »

What features of BK you would like to definitely keep in BK2. And second question, what would you like to definitely remove, because you dislike it in BK.

crimax

Re: What mechanics or stuff you would like to keep from BK?

Post by crimax »

More precisely ?
What features are you talking about ?
Units ? Doctrines ? Game settings ?
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Everything, if there is something that just HAVE to be in BK2.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Honestly I am somehow satisfied about the already existing damage system of the vCoH2!! It seems for me that Relic actually copied a lot from Bk1 already into CoH2! So a massive change on the damage system like the mod called 'Spearhead' made it.. may probably cause it to be worse in my opinion... Only slight changes such as modifying more realistic ranges and more powerful MGs are all what is needed now.

Most of the abilities regarding several units in Bk1 are really cool and I would like them to be represented also on Bk2!!! For example, the 'Accurate Long Shot' ability is too important for the Tiger tank and so I think it has to be there on Bk2.

I would like the 5% lucky one shot one kill feature to be removed from Bk1and to not be represented on the Bk2 mod as well if hopefully possible and that if it's not relating to the random factor itself which is used by the damage system of the mod.

But if u talk more generally... The dynamic moving system to all units is also amazing! Sight range get decreased while on move, even less while running but again to normal value when stationary.

I can't remember anymore important things atm ^^ But I guess I have pointed on how I would like it to be someway. Simply similar to Bk1!

crimax

Post by crimax »

My general thought about this "porting" is: if BK2 will be as possible the same of BK1, it will be a good work.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

MeatshieldNZ

Post by MeatshieldNZ »

I find the COH2 medic/healing system for some factions quite clunky and causing unnecessary micro. If we could use the BK1 system that would be preferable for me.

Frontplayer

Post by Frontplayer »

I liked the "follow" abilities for officers and half trucks. Helped a lot with the micro management.

I also loved the good infantry & tank coop for the PE.

But basically it would be swell if BK2 = BK1 for the most part.

Toughest part will be to implement the new "toys" CoH2 brought with it.

offtopic: is there a BK2 version available for download at this time? Couldn´t find any hints in that direction.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Just similar to BK 1 but with solving some of its balance and gameplay problems.

Frontplayer

Post by Frontplayer »

I haven´t been playing BK for quite some time now and since my last move I can´t seem to find my ToV discs so for now I´m stuck with CoH2.
So I can´t say if my suggestions has already been implemented. What I didn´t like with BK when I was playing it was that StuGs with the long KwK 40 were very weak and not worth building. They even had problems with Sherman with the short 75mm. And historically the StuG and PzIVs with the long barrel could destroy Shermans from up to 1500-1700 meters. Same with T34s. Or the JgdPzIV having the same gun as the Panther but in games always having much less firepower.
So the one thing I would love to see is that tank battles were more historically accurate and any imbalance that might arise from that would be compensated by the price, popcap and production speed of the units.
i´m tired of all WWII games only giving the Panthers and Tigers the credit they deserve even though the true workhorses of the german forces were the PzIVs and StuGs.

I`ve seen a few CoH2 mod getting the tank battles right but all else is rather sloppy.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Frontplayer wrote:I haven´t been playing BK for quite some time now and since my last move I can´t seem to find my ToV discs so for now I´m stuck with CoH2.
So I can´t say if my suggestions has already been implemented. What I didn´t like with BK when I was playing it was that StuGs with the long KwK 40 were very weak and not worth building. They even had problems with Sherman with the short 75mm. And historically the StuG and PzIVs with the long barrel could destroy Shermans from up to 1500-1700 meters. Same with T34s. Or the JgdPzIV having the same gun as the Panther but in games always having much less firepower.
So the one thing I would love to see is that tank battles were more historically accurate and any imbalance that might arise from that would be compensated by the price, popcap and production speed of the units.
i´m tired of all WWII games only giving the Panthers and Tigers the credit they deserve even though the true workhorses of the german forces were the PzIVs and StuGs.

I`ve seen a few CoH2 mod getting the tank battles right but all else is rather sloppy.

Well, with Stug III i can agree partly that they could be more effective. The main prob i have here that the stug III seems to have weaker armor as Tank IV´s or Stug IV. The Gun is ok and i never have real probs beating shermans. Only from e8 it bounces sometimes but its OK since the e8 got some extra armor plates. The Stug III is therefore currently the cheapest Tank in game. But in general its true that the true workhorses are often just as common as Tigers or Tigers as common as Tank IV´s. About the Panther i have to say that this tank simply belongs to german workhorses in 44 and it was the most build axis tank in 44. The Tankhunter IV had been build in 3 versions. The IV/48 has no Panther gun and sharing the same gun as Tank IV, Hetzer and stugs (75mm L/48). The IV/A and IV/70 have Panther gun (75mm L/70) and they truly have the Panther firepower in game but being a lot cheaper than a Panther. They are very deadly Tankbuster.

But as you talk about some wron gun efficency of Stug III´s failing too often to pen shermans in your opinion you should know that the 76 shermans and all other Us tanks with 76 mm canons have the same problem against Tank IV´s and other axis medium tanks. Booth could knock out each other at standard tank combat ranges. I here would like to see the 76 as reliable and good weapon against axis Mediums (except panther), acceptable against Tigers and Panthers (at least when using HVAP) and absolutely insufficient against heaviest axis armor regardless of distance and ammo type and dealing 0 or just minor damage (damging armor plates sometimes).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Repair stations on Tank factories. Idk if it exist in vcoh 2 already (OKW has repair station on the truck which builds puma etc). This just for all factions upgradable in base or tank depots.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

Definitely doctrines if it can be done. BK's expanded doctrines and the unlock path has much more strategy to it than CoH 2's commanders.

Also how bout replacing the unit voices with the much superior CoH 1 voice acting?

Deletham_Tomalak

Post by Deletham_Tomalak »

It would be great to see the "lethality" of weapons and vehicles remain intact as well as the armor penetration system employed in BK over vCoH 1 and 2. Currently vCoH2 feels more like Command & Conquer in how damage is handled than its predecessor. Fielding an effective fighting force is far more rewarding in BK than in vCoH2 where armies are more like brutes smashing into one another than effective combat units exercising strengths and struggling with weaknesses. Additionally, the complex doctrine system, as others have noted, is a far better system than the measly commander options. This goes hand-in-hand with the wide array of vehicles, field guns, and infantry at your disposal. Essentially choice and flexibility of BK into BK2 would be fantastic.

VoltaRen

Post by VoltaRen »

Hi
I really would like to see some specific things added to the new Blitzkreig mod :
I hope that the new gameplay engine can handle huge maps specially big urban maps ( like the moscow map in blitzkreig 2 game ;) ).
I hope that you agree with me if you add the attachment/detachment option for AT/AA Guns, in order to be moved by trucks/halftruck in huge maps.
Also i would like to see more realistic shooting system ( the already existing system is great ;) ), but a wider range of fire specialy for mortars and tanks would be good.
A more varried defensive bankers; realistic sandbags and tranches ....
That's all for the moment :D
Keep up the good work guys , you are making our dreams to become a reality
Thank you and Good Luck

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I agree with Deletham, I played CoH2 for the first time and the difference to me between BK1 and CoH2 is it is very much like C&C. The graphics are so cartoonie, like C&C Red Alerts 2 and feel there is no helping it, just making it suck less, not worth the time or effort.

mathice

Post by mathice »

The most popular mod for CoH 2 in steam workshop, as we speak, is the "All units (89 added)" mod. Yup, that's how it's called. Time flies, these days mods get their names a bit... faster. As i understand, the mod is done by one guy, it has 72k subscribers. I'm not trying to downplay the mod or the author, but all it does is simply unlocks all the units available in the game. Thousands of people prefer that one over quite many already, including those that done with extensive reaserch and by no means bad. While i'm pretty sure that not everyone will agree with me, but i think the only reason to explain that kind of love from players is that it gives them options. And that was exactly my first impression of BK1 mod when i first intalled it: i have options.

I'm not forced to choose out of 2 'viable' strategies for my early game to deliver. I know that i have the ability to surprise, as well as be surprised. I have tools that i can use to either react, or force my opponent to deal with what i throw at him. Nothing is there to be ignored, and i think that should be the way to go for BK2, to try and to make everything more precise.

No useless units. And trust me, if you're having a debate over a certain unit being useless or not, you can be sure it's useless. Completely. I really liked the recon troop and i hope it comes back, and now more than ever it will be used with true sight. Maybe he will gain increased line of sight with the time it left to scout, like with every 15-20 seconds it gains a bit more to a certain cap? Something to think about? If my scout car has survived until late game, although i can't brag with that achievment, i want to see it in action. I want to see a transport cars actually being used as transports because it's _faster, i need a reason to use it. Preferably, the same reason it was used in real life. That applies to every unit, but seeing this utility stuff getting to where it belongs is more satisfaying because it directly affects the mechanics, like movement speed of differrent type of units, turret triverse speed. And tanks should be way slower, and especially heavies (be brave with these numbers, as for every unit that is good all around, you get at least two completely useless).

Emplacements having more survivability that can really help with securing stuff or help keeping something alive was good (when it's not only Brits), but some thought on that part wouldn't hurt. I think the main price for having one should not be the resources, but the construction time, which is, in fact, the ultimate resource in any RTS. Having a structure tied to a faction to kinda make that faction special in that way is bit dull, to say the least. Anyone should be able to dig a trench. Doctrinal/commander locked emplacements not the best idea either, there are number of ways to get the connection between them, again, like construction time, resource price, units that can build it. I never seen any kind of light halftrack (like the transport) that can transform to emplacement and become a bosfor or something, seeing 6 halfnaked peeps kinda poping out of their asses a 17 pounder in the middle of nowhere was always wierd. Like an upgrade on your builder unit that will let him build every available emplacement? Upgrade on your halftrack? Something to think about? Construction time is another way to deal with campy players and campy gameplay. So if i don't attack, i know my opponent has time for digging. And if i try to dig in right on the VP i know i need back up, i need to be careful because resources and so on.

Having a diverse army should always be rewarding, but we need access to that diverse army. This tarded shreck blob is gardening horrifying. Kill it, BK2, kill it with fire.

regirock180

Post by regirock180 »

Expanded Company Commanders. I liked the whole thing of there being 20+ features for the doctrines.

Elbows

Post by Elbows »

Disclaimer: My buddies and I have 400 hours each or more in COH/BK1. We only play BK1 and it's our go-to game most evenings.

What we like about BK1:
+Lethality. Keep it like BK1.
+Historical units. Love the added variety and random cool vehicles BK adds to COH.
+Explosions/sounds/etc. Even if you take them straight from BK1.
+Expanded commander options. I like having three options and more unlockable things*.
+Unit caps expanded. Huge deal, it would be game-breaking if it was reduced.

Things we'd like to see improved:
-Some commander trees are useless by comparison to others (this leads to us ignoring certain commanders completely)
-Mortar accuracy should be reduced a little...they're just too lethal and it ruins game balance a bit.
-Some vehicles serve no purpose (particularly a lot of the transport options which barely move as fast as infantry)
-Tank AI is pretty bad sometimes (they turn tail and expose rear armour to enemy units way too often)

Overall, we're really hoping for BK2 to be like BK1...don't go re-inventing the wheel. You have a great product. We all purchased COH2 and have never installed it (we've played it prior and dislike it immensely). We picked it up on sale in the hope that something like BK would come along for it eventually. We're pretty stoked to see it possibly happening.

Ezorte

Post by Ezorte »

I play BK almost everyday since i discover it, it is just fantastic! The variety of units and strategies just make me feel like a commander in a real war, other than a player in a video game.

I played only 3 matches of CoH2 and i HATED IT! I believe that same as me, other people do not bought the game yet because of the HUGE arcade system.

Even so, the game shows some good ideas, like the possibility of jumping a fence or being able to engage the reverse on vehicles, making it (ironic detected) more realistic.

In other words, i would like to see all the great ideas we have here with BK1 in BK2, but with the good mechanics added in the CoH2 that we didn't have in the CoH1, i mean, it's awesome being able to put a Anti-Tank gun inside a building! Or the crew just running away from the tank, making it possible to get it by others.

And please, for the love of everything, keep the huge doctrine path!

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Btw, tanks not to be able to shoot each other when they are stuck together.. is also a great mechanic currently for sure! ;)

Bk2 should be a bit different btw; more realistic... Higher range for tanks as an example.
Also most of Hawks ideas about the Axis tanks gun-sight upgrades etc.
All these are good things but I believe they are just too late to be implemented in Bk1 now......

But anyone noticed btw?! CoH2 has no immobilization! If not mistaken maybe!!! o.O Also, there are no graphical effects that are adding the visibility of such black skin textures on the place or the part where the tank is once been hit, unlike in CoH1.

barson66

Post by barson66 »

i personally think %95 of the bk mod should stay apart from the horrible individual downloads for patching lol i still to this day love the BKmod1 and HATE allot of elements introduced to coh2 the fact you no longer have doctrains any more (less special abilities) is a joke and the fact you have to pay and extra £15 a pack just to play English and u,s forces is a down right disgrace!! im not going to turn this into a 6 page slander rant picking apart coh2 but i think even the slightest resemblance to coh1 (other than the fact its a WW2 RTS) would be hugely beneficial.... i mean theres actually no point playing as Russia AT ALL on-line with a vanilla copy as you cant even build a simple forwad machine gun post!! so i this BKmod could really save this game for me...also a nice bit of desert/afrika campaign (wich i highley expected naturally in coh2 as the didn't even touch it in coh1)

regirock180

Post by regirock180 »

One mechanic I would really want to get kept would be non-heavy, upgraded weapons being capable of getting dropped. You know, like things like M1 Thompson or MP40 being able to get dropped. I'm sure my German guys would love stealing PPSH's :)

GAto

Post by GAto »

Please implement the sherman calliope from the usa's coh1

D4rkKr1s

Post by D4rkKr1s »

Please let's not forget the ability to control/shoot tank turrets with our cursor and being able to see the reload bars. Being a Tank Commander was never that awesome before.

Slithze

Post by Slithze »

From another original Blitzkrieg fan who, like everyone here it seems, has played more than 500 hours of Blitzkrieg.

Blitzkrieg is an amazing mod and having a relatively similar mod using the line of sight from CoH2 would be amazing.

From a balance perspective though, the new LoS system does reduce the efficiency of machine guns and direct fire (Paks and other AT guns), making indirect fire far more powerful. As mortars were already quite overpowered in some ways in the original game, I would love to see more realistic mortar and artillery damage.

What I mean by that is the efficiency of artillery and mortars against a well fortified position during WW2 was relatively limited, which is one of the reasons the WW1 western front was so static. Mortars and Artillery, in particular without specialized observers to guide their fire, were very imprecise weapons and infantry in good cover could usually survive their fire (or at least not suffer 100% losses like in BK1). They were also limited by ammo consumption though I have a hard time imagining that being implemented in a fun way. On the other hand, the fact green infantry can just stand there when shells fall a few meters away from them is quite unrealistic. Having mortars and artillery suppress infantry more than they kill them would be a far more realistic way of implementing them. This would allow nice combined assault under the cover of artillery, making tactics such as following creeping barrage deadly yet quite realistic.

This would also increase the realism of weapons like the 60mm mortar, which proved to be quite useless in most bombardment situations during the war but amazing when used to create smoke cover. I can see using them to block the LoS of an MG42 so I can get my infantry in grenade range and bam, that emplacement is taken out. Maybe as a counter, the MGs can be forced to fire blindly in an area, which, combined with the suppressive fire ability would make such an assault impossible?

On a more personal note I would like to mention how much I love the unit diversity in Blitzkrieg! While some people complain about "useless" units, I have always found that every unit has a potential use that can turn the battle around in specific situations. Yes, some units I rarely build but when I do, they are always a wonderful surprise that add to my tactical options.

Also, being able to play the Russians, to capture enemy tanks and to have to deal with weather in a game with the complexity of Blitzkrieg sounds just amazing! :D

Please keep up the good work!