Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.6 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.6 Patch

Post by MarKr »

Redgaarden wrote:
APCR on 90mm guns are same as before: +74% penetration, -15% damage

Just to be 100% sure. Do they have 74% more penetration than regular ones". Or do they have 74% total penetration?
I did notice you put a + on the "+74% penetration"
But then again; the "same as before" does it mean they weren't changed. Or they got changed to match how they worked previously, but with the NEW current stats.
No, APCR was not changed.
The system in very basic: Penetration chance is "basic penetration values" * "penetrations modifiers against target" * "ammo modifier" * "other penetration modifiers" - in this equation only the "penetrations modifiers against target" was changed and it was changed only against Panthers and Tigers. So APCR will be more effective against Tigers and Panthers and same effective against everything else.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:
mofetagalactica wrote:Where is my waifu mappack.exe

no waifu-mappack for otaku today, sorry

not a otaku tho, hahahha im more into the furry shit and stuff ya know

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

We shall make BK great again! 8-)

Finally! This mappack adds a really special flavor to the overall product ;)

Wolf wrote:Both should be available on MODDB today in 15-16 hours, I will make an announcement on steam on the evening if everything is okay then.

Alright, but then just don't forget to update the BK launcher too... :) Otherwise it would be still showing that v4.9.5 is the latest available version forever :P

Cheers, the patch is awesome.. I honestly like it so much ^_^

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

No, APCR was not changed.
The system in very basic: Penetration chance is "basic penetration values" * "penetrations modifiers against target" * "ammo modifier" * "other penetration modifiers" - in this equation only the "penetrations modifiers against target" was changed and it was changed only against Panthers and Tigers. So APCR will be more effective against Tigers and Panthers and same effective against everything else.

I looked into the files and I think I found the problem for my confusion. Apparantly there are two kinds of armor piercing ammo. The first one being the one you mentioned earlier that modifies the current armor penetration.
And the 2nd one being The gun changing ability. since there are two different guns: M4A3E8_76mm and M4A3E8_76mm_HVAP. And then there is the abilty: M4A3E8_HVAP which applies NO modifiers and could roughly be described as something similar to this; add M4A3E8_76mm_HVAP, remove M4A3E8_76mm, permanent: false, active: 25 secs. There are so many different weapons, units and abilities that look alike that I only read one and guess the other 3 are similar, for example the 4 different kinds of stugs, late variant, early variant, Stug IV and Stug III.

So I thought that the M3_90mm_HVAP was the gun which would only have 74% penetration vs tigers. While the new basic gun would have 78% + more dmg than the HVAP one.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

heinrichfritz13

Post by heinrichfritz13 »

pls pls pls pls.. fix the sturm tiger blank icons.. we are not able to wait until 4.9.7 :(

Alman

Post by Alman »

The effectiveness of the tank commanders has decreased considerably. So I recommend that they can be produced more than two.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Redgaarden wrote:So I thought that the M3_90mm_HVAP was the gun which would only have 74% penetration vs tigers. While the new basic gun would have 78% + more dmg than the HVAP one.
I cannot explain here the whole system, just believe me that it is as I told you (+74% penetration; -15% damage) ;)
heinrichfritz13 wrote:pls pls pls pls.. fix the sturm tiger blank icons.. we are not able to wait until 4.9.7 :(
Try to understand that repacking the whole patch and releasing another version just because of one icon is just not something we can or want to do - if there are more things to fix then this will be included too but this is just one icon, not something game breaking.
Alman wrote:The effectiveness of the tank commanders has decreased considerably. So I recommend that they can be produced more than two.
They still provide significant boost to the tanks they are in and also they are cheaper than they were. Increasing the limit is not really needed.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Tiger1996 wrote:

We shall make BK great again! 8-)

Finally! This mappack adds a really special flavor to the overall product ;)

Wolf wrote:Both should be available on MODDB today in 15-16 hours, I will make an announcement on steam on the evening if everything is okay then.

Alright, but then just don't forget to update the BK launcher too... :) Otherwise it would be still showing that v4.9.5 is the latest available version forever :P

Cheers, the patch is awesome.. I honestly like it so much ^_^

Extended mappack, Announcement on steam , SturmTiger and more!!!
:D ;)
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 16 Feb 2017, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

autraymond

Post by autraymond »

thank you guys for all your hard work! :D
"There are 2 kind of people who play CoH, those who only play Axis and those who don't give a f***!" - Kwok 2021

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

;)

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

1. Well. In last patch you did made what mortar delay thats right... but usa and werm can build mortar team without upgrade// what about Brit and pe then ?
2. \stuka patrol = waste res. Allies usally not spam builds and emplacment. Henshel, you write what they was buf... but they are weak again... in last game made 3-4 shots on jumbo, 2 miss and 1-2 not damage... May be made like AB patrol ? But Ab patrol easy destroy ANY axis tank. What not say about Henshel strike.
3. About sturmtiger - you get feedback early/
4. Buf 90 mm - bad joke... Now tigers and panters - dead at momnet.. 2 shots and bye-bye tiger or panters.... But they cant penetration ... Armor doc now very op.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

1) PE has no mortar teams so what should they build? CW has 2inch mortar and they can still build them as before. The change was made not because of mortars in general but because mortar Halftracks are fast and deadlier so they are delayed a little bit.
2) If you don't like it, use the reward Stuka plane
3) ok
4) "can't penetrate"...you know that Panthers and Tigers can activate Wolfram ammo? I know that before you never needed to use them but maybe now is a time to start...you say that Tigers and Panthers are dead in two shots. Tigers and Panthers can one-shot Pershings with Wolfram... (playing formulas again :D )

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

MarKr wrote:1) PE has no mortar teams so what should they build? CW has 2inch mortar and they can still build them as before. The change was made not because of mortars in general but because mortar Halftracks are fast and deadlier so they are delayed a little bit.
3) ok
4) "can't penetrate"...you know that Panthers and Tigers can activate Wolfram ammo? I know that before you never needed to use them but maybe now is a time to start...you say that Tigers and Panthers are dead in two shots. Tigers and Panthers can one-shot Pershings with Wolfram... (playing formulas again :D )

1. Usa and Werm can buils mortar team, brit too... only pe no // May be add to pe mortart team then ?
2. With 1 bomb ? And aa def easy destroy this is plane ? ;-) but when you call AB patrol aa def cant def ...
4. Answer on PM. Yes i use this all time of course... And i say what cant penetration with this is ability.

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

Post any trouble with new maps in the following Bug Report topic :
http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1672&p=16616#p16616

Thanks a lot, this way we will be able to adress them in a future patch.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

SnowLeo

Post by SnowLeo »

MarKr wrote:1) PE has no mortar teams so what should they build? CW has 2inch mortar and they can still build them as before. The change was made not because of mortars in general but because mortar Halftracks are fast and deadlier so they are delayed a little bit.
3) ok

4. The probability of such events is low. It is, but it is small. Again, you just look at the numbers. I encourage you to look at it from the point of view of probability theory. Look at the absolute numbers. There is a chance of penetration, and it is 20% is a VERY large value. In contrast to the fact that each hit deals damage M26. Add to 20% % miss chance and the amount will grow exponentially. Ie (numbers I do not know) will be greater than 30-40%, agree - it's a very solid head start. Again, as noted in another topic the cost of the tanks are not comparable. Time is the BEST TANK, it should cost accordingly, since no?

xxxLORDxxx

Post by xxxLORDxxx »

Thx for patch bk mod team =)

Krieger Blitzer

Glad to see that the new Map-Pack as well as the new patch has now been announced at both ModDB and the Bk Steam group! :)
I was unavailable when this happened yesterday.. had a flight... I missed it live :P

Everyone should stop playing v4.9.5 now. It's out-dated... Because v4.9.6 is now fully and officially released!
You can also have the historical add-on for Bk mod, u can get it from here:-
http://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-ad ... 3-d-day-44

And just like Playmobill mentioned; IF anyone notice any bugs or glitches with the new maps, plz don't hesitate to point them out here:-
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1672&p=16616#p16616

Regards.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Much thanks to BKdev team for keeping this game alive and all new changes for it : )
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

This is truly disgusting now, all of a sudden.. I only told myself today "What if i go take a look at v4.9.5 to see if anybody is still playing it?" and then the result was actually shocking enough.

just take a look at this guys;
v4.9.5 lobby.
v4.9.5 lobby.

ALL those guys still have no idea that the new patch has released yet!! And when I informed some of them about the new patch as well as the new maps, they were all like "Oh! Didn't know that..." for god's sake. I even found some players hosting "PvP" :?

So, I am posting all the necessary links again...
>>> Download the new Bk mod patch v4.9.6 from here:-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4g4lqhf4t ... _Patch.exe

>>> Download the new Map-Pack from here:-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rwq1fibxq ... ack_II.exe

>>> Download the latest historical D-Day and Afrika add-on from here:-
http://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-ad ... 3-d-day-44

I really think Bk mod should be green-lighted on Steam by the next patch... As it would be just much easier to keep in touch with the rest of the community then!

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Its kind of usual, especially first two weeks.

Krieger Blitzer

From the "4.9.6 Beta II" topic, I quote the following:-
Leonida [525] wrote:I made a match, with jacksons and pershings I killed lots of panthers .. And when enemy panthers used their smoke, they stood still in the smoke and my tanks always managed to hit and kill them at the first shot after smoke launch. never missed a shot, while panthers were missing me, dunno if it's correct xD
(I always used manual shots, dunno if this changes)

Why not just posting this here? I think the beta topics as well as v4.9.5 thread.. would be all locked soon.

Anyway; yes.. as far as I am concerned... 90mm guns proved to be insanely accurate to some extent! And according to MarKr, it will be fixed he said.

Zuasfadas

Post by Zuasfadas »

"- Rangers now correctly receive dual sticky bombs at vet level 4"

...Good, but the riflemen squads don't acquire it yet, it probably happens with the 7 riflemen squad from the ranger captain and with the rangers infiltration squad. Don't remember if the rangers with the .50 cal MG also had the sticky bombs ability since they're only the american version of the vickers squad. (I still prefer to create other units than creating this squad though, I've never found a proper use of this squad, same goes to the infiltration squad which comes in a paper truck that can be destroyed with bullets).

wretchedegg

Post by wretchedegg »

"Removed swastika and other nazi symbols"

Uh, is there a way to keep them? I know it's a small thing, but it adds to my immersion.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

wretchedegg wrote:"Removed swastika and other nazi symbols"

Uh, is there a way to keep them? I know it's a small thing, but it adds to my immersion.

Unofficial bk-mod addon on moddb adds even more of them, so that is your place to go for keeping / increasing them.