95mm Churchills minesweeper

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
sgtToni95

95mm Churchills minesweeper

Post by sgtToni95 »

I was using RE lately and when i upgraded 95mm churchill with minesweeper it didn't work. I mean, i payed the ammo cost and it showed the upgrade loading, but at the end minesweeper was not mounted on the tank and the ability was not available in the unit panel.
Last edited by sgtToni95 on 24 Jan 2017, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Wer525

Re: 95mm Churchills deminer

Post by Wer525 »

I agree with Toni, i've experienced the same issue.

Wer525

Re: 95mm Churchills deminer

Post by Wer525 »

I'd like to point out another bug with RE combat sappers: If they pick up any pak, mg or any mortar they get stuck and the weapon cannot shoot or move.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: 95mm Churchills minesweeper

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

sgtToni95 wrote:I was using RE lately and when i upgraded 95mm churchill with minesweeper it didn't work. I mean, i payed the ammo cost and it showed the upgrade loading, but at the end minesweeper was not mounted on the tank and the ability was not available in the unit panel.

Wer525 wrote:If they pick up any pak, mg or any mortar they get stuck and the weapon cannot shoot or move.

Yup, those 2 bugs are kind of weird.. actually.

Wer525

Post by Wer525 »

Well i hope this wasn't made for balance issues

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I was using RE lately and when i upgraded 95mm churchill with minesweeper it didn't work. I mean, i payed the ammo cost and it showed the upgrade loading, but at the end minesweeper was not mounted on the tank and the ability was not available in the unit panel.
Churchills get no ability after the upgrade. They work differently than Shermans and the "mine flail". For Churchill you buy the upgrade, it adds the "mine plow" (which is just visual change) and the mine clearing feature is then always active. But if you didn't even get the visual change, then there might be a bug...I will check it.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I'll check again then, i thought they got same minesweeper with rotating chains as shermans, my laptop has not good resolution so i might have missed it.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

No, for CW only Kangaroo can get this upgrade which is same as Shermans have. It was bugged though - even with the upgrade (and ability active) mines would still damage/destroy the vehicle. It should be fixed in current beta though.

Wer525

Post by Wer525 »

Hi Markr, can you also check out the other bug? The one regarding combat sappers?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hi Wer525! As far as I know this problem with captured weapons (mostly PaKs but sometimes others too) does not happen only with RE sappers but also with other infantry squads and people report that it happens "sometimes" - this gives me very little chance to figure out what causes the bug because there are literary hundreds of things that can cause bugs and without more specific hints about where to look, it is like trying to hit a moving target while wearing a blind fold :/

Sometimes when these "sometimes it happens that..." bugs are caused by latency in the game and those are unsolvable for me because in skirmish they cannot be replicated. So do you have any more specific information about the RE sappers? Does it happen always/sometimes? If sometimes what do you usually do before the bug appears?

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

For myself I can say that it happens all the time with sappers. Well, can't vouch for 100% since I stopped capturing with sappers, because it always bugged for me. Also I don't remember if it ever bugged with other units, but I swear sappers bug always for me. Now I'm talking about 37mm at gun. I will try to keep that in mind next time I play and try to capture various things with sappers if possible and report back.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Wer525

Post by Wer525 »

MarKr wrote: Does it happen always/sometimes? If sometimes what do you usually do before the bug appears?

Yes the bug occurs whenever I use RE combat sappers to capture enemy equipment. The equipment needs to be some weapons that needs to have it's own crew, like paks or mg. It simply get stuck in there and cannot move nor shoot. If i use any other squad this thing does not happen

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

And after I spent time in files and found nothing out of order I started a game, tried to capture 6 pounder, 17 pounder (emplaced) HMG42 and they all worked - were movable, could fire, abilities were OK. So we're back at "it sometimes happens" and here I cannot do much unless I have more info :/

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes, i don't know whats going on with you guys, but its working well, all has been tested too from my side and nothing is wrong, we never had problems with it, make sure all the patches and the game are well installed, if any doubt of corrupted files, re-install all.

RE capturing and relocate Hmg:
Attachments
Untitled-1RE.jpg

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Ok we'll check. Thanks for testing yourself

Wer525

Post by Wer525 »

Thanks to both of you, Panzerblitz and Markr.

I guess it's only an issue with my game then. I'll try clean up bk mod folder and reinstall company of heroes.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

If it doesn't help, then it is another one of those "sometimes happens" and then more info will be needed.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

When you have time, please try capturing an axis 37mm pak with basic sappers.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes i did, i never had any problems with it, i tested basic sappers with all axis AT's, same with RE sappers, all is working well. :roll:
Must be a problem on your end, im pretty sure if you guys do a clean up and re-install the mod, this problem will disapear, must be some corrupted files who are jamming the capture due to installations bugs.

Please give us a feedback when its ok.

Normal sapper Pak36 capture, and relocation.
Attachments
pak36-sapper.jpg

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Ok, thanks. I'll reinstall it when I'll "unlazy" myself.
Can't even tell if those are sappers in the picture. But you don't really have to bother with proofs, I'm sure you have no reason to fool us.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Devilfish wrote:Ok, thanks. I'll reinstall it when I'll "unlazy" myself.
Can't even tell if those are sappers in the picture. But you don't really have to bother with proofs, I'm sure you have no reason to fool us.

No i have no reasons to fool anybody here, It would be the most stupid thing done in the whole galaxy, do you suffer of paranoia? :geek: double click on the picture.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

What I wrote means that you don't have to waste your time with pictures, because I/we believe you. Relax buddy.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Here a better res. one, pictures helps us a lot to show that it isn't coming from us, we already have lots of work, things who are working fine in game is a waiste of time for the team ( investigating, multi-testing, etc...), and im all relaxed mate (i mean it ;) ) please tell us if its fixed when you clean bk and make the new installation, thx.
Attachments
b-sappers-pak.jpg