4.9.6. Beta II

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
adam-ze-shooter

Re: 4.9.6. Beta II

Post by adam-ze-shooter »

Hi guys!! Iv noticed that some tanks and vehicles when told to move when under attack just spin in circles and end up getting blown to pieces lol
I play vs AI and this has happened a few times now and also a few times the AT half track and tanks on German side when directed to attack literally charges at the tank and parks on top of it and gets blown to pieces. Might just be a bit buggy but anyone else having similar issues?
Always play as germans if that helps.

Cheers guys

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hi guys!! Iv noticed that some tanks and vehicles when told to move when under attack just spin in circles and end up getting blown to pieces lol

This is an issue that could occur with units from both sides, regardless Axis or Allied.. and it's nothing to blame the BK devs for...
Sometimes the vehicle simply ignores the "halt" button completely; as it decides to just keep moving and moving.. going to only god knows where! It's about the game engine itself, and whenever this happens.. the only thing u can do at this point, is to just give your vehicle a different command... But don't keep spamming the "halt" button because it will never stop.

One more thing that seems to be awkward as well. And which is also game engine related.. is sometimes when you order a vehicle to shoot another, and then the target starts moving... Your vehicle would suddenly jump backward for a seconds.. and then forward once again! Such a weird reaction that actually can't be explained with physics.. is simply the fault of the game engine mechanics... And I have even noticed the exact same thing happening in CoH2. Well done Relic!
infantry units can be crazy sometimes too.. for example, they would keep trying to throw a grenade, a sticky bomb or fire a PanzerFaust at a certain target, while dancing around... I think everyone is familiar with what I am talking about here! :P
BK is not to be blamed for this.. but definitely Relic.
==================================================================================
About Ai, I honestly don't think that it's currently broken in any way... I also don't have much troubles against Expert Ai either! I think the Ai difficulty is fine at the moment.. and I have observed that now the Ai is surely much more smart and actually much less bugged as well... But this is just my personal opinion after all.

However, Wolf has once mentioned that when playing with Brit CPU... The lag would suddenly trigger. Which i would like to confirm once again to be SO DAMN TRUE btw!
Fact is, always after like 5 minutes or something.. there is a point where the lag would simply start to trigger... While gradually increasing shortly after, becoming probably unplayable later on!

This also happens with the Afrika add-on btw, all the time when playing with or against Brit CPU.
===================================================================================
I was recently told that sometimes it's probably better if I would report some specific bugs in the public, rather than in PMs... Specifically when those bugs aren't really new or have been reported before.. or when those bugs are not very serious ones that might be exploitable.
Therefore I would like to raise up this issue ONCE AGAIN! And probably for the last time...
Tiger1996 wrote:-Pak40 emplacements still OP vs Pershing...

# Last but not least.. let me share these 2 unlisted videos here...

1) Quad AA destroying Pz4.D easily... Tiger1 HE shells completely inaccurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApkNh_3Upo
-I know that according to realism, Quads should be able to penetrate Pz4.D perhaps. But this way... Hellcats, Wolverines and Jacksons should also die to mortars?
Pz4.D is still a tank... I think it's unbalanced how so easily it could be destroyed like this :? Not only with Quads. But also with MG somehow :lol:

2) Weird double shooting glitch only with Def doc flak 88 emplacements, and ONLY during arty barrage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfcO1fDFkA
Would be cool if it's ever fixable!

>>> Pak40 emplacements OP vs Pershing;
I just wish if it's hopefully fixable!
>>> Pz4.D dying to 30.cal MGs and AA Quads;
Well, I can deal with this one if u consider it being some sort of "realism" though.
>>> Tiger1 HE inaccurate;
Meh, I guess I can just deal with this one too...

BUT NOW... To the second unlisted video over there.. sorry, but when I get this kind of answer; "It's just 'OK' for this bug to stay" then it's a little bit unacceptable actually, wondering why?
Because it can't be the correct response to give if you would want to make BK mod a "perfect" one... I mean, just come on!
You have dealt with much more minor bugs.. I would even consider the hidden MG bug of the KT being a much less significant bug... Yet, it was seriously taken into account. And you have successfully fixed the hidden MG in the less expensive KT version right now already! Just the more expensive version still has to be fixed perhaps.

So, AT THE MOMENT... IF this glitch with the Def doc flak 88 emplacements could be ever fixable too.. then WHY NOT?
And like I pointed out earlier, this bug is actually rather serious.. because, when u cancel the arty barrage; The 2nd "hidden" 88 would keep shooting somehow.
If there is no fix available, then I personally wouldn't mind entirely removing the arty barrage ability from the Def doc flak 88 emplacement versions. They can still compose arty using victor target anyway...

BK would never become "perfect" with such a bug existing within its blood.
Thanks for paying attention!

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Tiger1996 wrote:Sometimes the vehicle simply ignores the "halt" button completely; as it decides to just keep moving and moving.. going to only god knows where!

I even saw one hunting its prey like that with its tracks destroyed. It stopped moving when its target was destroyed ... far Inside ennemy territory. only at this time it stopped, acknowledge it wasnt able to move anyway ... and be cut in piece because it was too far in hostile area to be repair.

If halt fail, order a vehicle to change direction back in ok instead.

Strange infantry behaviour ; grenade assault. Launch the grenade against an emplacement at point blank and die with the target.

At risk to appear senile, i can repeat ; dont play with or against brits AI. Play brits as player is ok. This faction suffer problems that make it unreliable.

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

Others problems are AI US never make AT squads or 5/mm paks , Wehrmacht too never do Paks only .. PE make everything was so cool if can make different type of units defend to tanks or something like that :P

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

I wounder no one Noticed not even dev's:'D at the Moment mortar ht of pe need also only kampfgruppenkompanie to be unlocked. it's a mistake? I mean that's nothing new.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:I wounder no one Noticed not even dev's:'D at the Moment mortar ht of pe need also only kampfgruppenkompanie to be unlocked. it's a mistake? I mean that's nothing new.

It is not really exact. PE halftrack mortar need logistic kompanie to be build, but require also kampfgruppenkompanie as secondary condition. Nothing really surprising. Logistic build haltrack, and KGK build mortars, haltrack mortar need both.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Jalis wrote:
Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:I wounder no one Noticed not even dev's:'D at the Moment mortar ht of pe need also only kampfgruppenkompanie to be unlocked. it's a mistake? I mean that's nothing new.

It is not really exact. PE halftrack mortar need logistic kompanie to be build, but require also kampfgruppenkompanie as secondary condition. Nothing really surprising. Logistic build haltrack, and KGK build mortars, haltrack mortar need both.
I don't think i need to mention that logistickompanie is required to build a mortar ht that make's sense:D and was alway's like that. but the goal was to delay Mortar's and that's no delay to pe since There is no change it was alway's like that it need kampfgruppenkompanie to unlocked. So where is the delay at all? There is no delay for mortar ht since in 4.9.5 you also need kampfgruppenkompanie to unlocked a mortar ht. So I ask dev's why they mention this in change log when That's nothing new at all
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

PE mortar ht didn't need the upgrade before, just two buildings. Next patch will require logistik upgrade.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

kwok wrote:PE mortar ht didn't need the upgrade before, just two buildings. Next patch will require logistik upgrade.

There is nothing wrote about logistic upgrade.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ah, it might be a typo, because in the patch it required logistic upgrade
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

MarKr wrote: BK 4.9.6 beta II.

- Infantry carried flamethrowers have now added suppression effect

It is, imo a none sense / an absurdity.

Suppression just means infantry adopt crawling position/movement in order to escape danger. It makes sens for bullets or explosive shells, but fire ?

Who would have the idea to slowly crawl in flammes ? idea or thinking is even off topic here. Intincs just command to run anway as fast as possible.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Jalis wrote:
MarKr wrote: BK 4.9.6 beta II.

- Infantry carried flamethrowers have now added suppression effect

It is, imo a none sense / an absurdity.

Suppression just means infantry adopt crawling position/movement in order to escape danger. It makes sens for bullets or explosive shells, but fire ?

Who would have the idea to slowly crawl in flammes ? idea or thinking is even off topic here. Intincs just command to run anway as fast as possible.

I don't agree, now flammes will terrorise infantry and make it less cocky in front of it, before that, flammes throwers were useless, infantry could still shoot even heavely exposed into flammes like they were invincibles, now you'll think twice before putting your sections into flammes... and its perfect like that.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Animals like humans terrorized by fire run aways.

If you thinks BK have to be ludicrous ... and its perfect like that just assume your new orientation. But it is no more serious than include secret labs to raise deads in zombies.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Jalis wrote:Animals like humans terrorized by fire run aways.

If you thinks BK have to be ludicrous ... and its perfect like that just assume your new orientation. But it is no more serious than include secret labs to raise deads in zombies.

Excuse me Jalis but Who the hell are you? I don't wanted be any respectless but all your comments or Most comments are somehow aggresive in a small way. Sure no one Would lay down in Fire but ... how Would you do it then? retreatIng inf on sight of fire? it's a Videogame calm down bro i feelt like you going Lil bit offensive on Most of thing's other people wrote maybe it's just me but I Seen it several time's. I do not wanted to be any offensive to you thou.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I dont feel aggressive. I just call things like I see it. If I feels something is ludicrous, I say it is ludicrous.

Who I am, nobody care, what matter is my opinion is not biaised by a interrest or lobby.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:Excuse me Jalis but Who the hell are you?

Compstomper man, compstomper..

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Even not, at least for years. But I note the underlying contempt.

Anyway Panzerblitz seems decided to implement suppression for flamethrower, whatever it could be credible or not, so this part of the subject is closed I think. Everybody gave its opinion.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Jalis wrote:I dont feel aggressive. I just call things like I see it. If I feels something is ludicrous, I say it is ludicrous.

Who I am, nobody care, what matter is my opinion is not biaised by a interrest or lobby.

Yes that's for sure fine i say nothing against that but m8 cmon you call me a interest? A "lobby"o.o you call me a lobby? or do i get it wrong and if so exploit me what's a lobby. I know what a lobby is but not the meaning when a Person get call es lobby. Just told you kindly

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

lobby or interest was a general remark, Panzer-Lehr-Division, not a specific allusion to you.
It refers to peoples called fanboys working for their prefered factions. It could also refers to people, using OP features or tactic and lobbying for it dont change. This kind of things. Now it is clear, it is possible to come back to whole beta II generalities.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Jalis wrote:lobby or interest was a general remark, Panzer-Lehr-Division, not a specific allusion to you.
It refers to peoples called fanboys working for their prefered factions. It could also refers to people, using OP features or tactic and lobbying for it dont change. This kind of things. Now it is clear, it is possible to come back to whole beta II generalities.

Alright mate but just to make clear i am no fanboy of any faction, pe and british is my Most played and my favorites. Just to make you know and alot of people know that aswell.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Don't know who is Jalis, but he made a point and one should react to that and not question who he is (if he is a "pro" and has a right to speak).

And he made a pretty good point. No matter how the mod is not focused on realism, this is just plain stupid. Suppression means the solders are crawling because they want to avoid being shot, sacrificing mobility to become a smaller/no target.

Now if you get your ass flamed and you gonna lay down on ground, to take a bath in that nasty flammable liquid? That's just a nonsense.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

From what I understood, it is only because flamethrowers were somewhat useless, and there were several posibilities, so the goal was not to burn enemy to death immediately by giving it higher damage, but to somewhat "disable" him a bit, which is, in this GAME, done by things like suppression, which also gives you a bit more time to retreat, which is more "logical" in REAL world.

Krieger Blitzer

Adding suppression effect to the flamethrowers.. is something that I consider to be such a very good change, indeed.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, I came up with this idea and yes, it is really not "realistic" because of the reasons you said - if you're getting your ass grilled, you are not gonna hit the dirt and crawl around...the thing is that up till now the flamethrowers had absolutely NO effect at all on their targets. Infantry carried flamethrowers need to be used at close range (and are used by sappers/engineers/pios who die like flies to rifle fire) and when you somehow managed to get close and they opened fire...tell me what happened? Yes, those Volks with MP40s were standing there as if you attacked them with a water sprinkler and simply killed the squad...and is THAT what soldiers would REALISTICALLY do in such situation? No. Flames ignite fear in people but the only "fear" simulating thing in the game is the forced retreat and making the opponents retreat whenever you as much as touch them with flames would be OP. So we chose to apply this. When you see a squad of sappers with flamethrowers running towards you you need to micro your soldiers to get into safe distance, not to be like "What? That fool uses flame infantry against mine? What a noob! Eat lead bitches!". If you keep them standing there, they will get suppressed (which makes them less capable of returning fire - because, realistically, how much fire would you return if the other guy is flaming you, right?), the damage is still the same as it was before so they will not kill your soldiers any faster but now the DoT effect will hurt more than before.

Bottom line is: There is no way to apply "fear" or "demoralization" on soldiers so this sort of applies "fear of losing soldiers" on the player.

BTW: CW Wespe is the only flame vehicle that received this effect too - it was useless before (expensive, impossible to kill anything with it, easy target) now it can do something but it still has lowest range of all flame vehicles (which makes it easy target for AT guns, AT nades/Faust shot and other early game AT) so it has trade-offs too.

Krieger Blitzer

BTW: CW Wespe is the only flame vehicle that received this effect too

CW Wespe? :roll:
I got you... :lol:
You must have meant the Wasp :D
Anyways; after all I agree, just had to correct that one :P