Stug III vs Stug IV?

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
kwok
Team Member

Stug III vs Stug IV?

Post by kwok »

I tried poking around corsix and playing around in game. I can't feel any difference between the two except that the stug iii has more inf buffing abilities. Why would I ever get a stug iv?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Re: Stug III vs Stug IV?

Post by JimQwilleran »

Why would you get any of them if you can combine 50mm pak and puma and get better results?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I like stug more that puma because it pens more reliably and has more health to soak an AT shot.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I meant 20mm puma :P. It kills inf - pak in the back kills armor! Genius, isn't it?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

but that's like 600mp vs 350mp with no ability to chase armor. I mean, it's not like i haven't done that before against certain situations... but haha you can ask feministdonut about the stug spam. It works pretty nice against armor doc.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

It always seemed to me that Stug iV have better armor, also ambush mod is very usefull, though I barely ever seen Stug hitting vet 1.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

from corsix i saw that stug IV has 636 hp while III has 580 hp, and about armor in TTs i see 2 stug: without skirts or with skirts.. it seems it doesnt distinguish III or IV ..
Since max damage from US "normal" bazooka seems to be 300 (I dont know crits) , maybe the IV has a bit more chances to survive against 2 hits.. But this is more a question from me to who knows better these things :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Leonida is on the right track, their armor type is the same but the iv has more HP. With the bazooka random damage range though, I haven't sat down and calculated the probability difference of surviving 2 bazooka shots. But, i don't think there is much, which leads me to wonder about this in the first place.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Old topic about compare Stug.III vs. Stug.IV - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=927&p=10738#p10738