4.9.6. Beta II

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

4.9.6. Beta II

Post by MarKr »

Hello again!
We bring you BK 4.9.6 beta II. This patch reverts the changes about FoW that were introduced in the first beta, it also brings some price drops for Axis units, some new textures a quite a big change for Luft doc planes. A big change is also the new feature added to infantry-carried flamethrowers. We felt that they were highly underused and underperforming - mainly because of scenarios where flamethrower squads were "shooting" flames at enemy squads and they were just standing there and kept shooting as if nothing happens. Unfortunately there is no "fear" factor in the game so we decided to try this approach...Don't worry though, engineers/pios are still "squishy" so they won't turn into Ramboes.

As always, please report any issues you might run into.

Changelog:
General:
- Reverted changes concerning FoW
- Tweaked single HE shot damage - infantry at the edges of AoE has a chance not to get insta-killed
- AT squads in ambush should auto-fire
- Fixed gray team colors
- Infantry carried flamethrowers have now added suppression effect
- Fixed TTs of Stuart guns so it should work better now
- Penetration chances of stubby 75mm guns against Shermans lowered to more realistical level
- Sturmtiger and Panzer III now use correct destructible wrecks
- Prices of all Panzer IV F2, E and PIII N dropped to 430MP 50F
- New skin for PIV H and J (thanks JustForFun1)
- AI will have more resources at all difficulties so should be a bit harder to play against

US
- Mortar Halftrack now requires Motorpool upgrade
- M18 Hellcat is now limited for AB doctrine to 1 at a time
- White phosphorus grenade cost increased by 5 ammo, cooldown increased by 10 seconds
- Airborne doctrine sniper has now correct retreat point as other AB infantry

CW
- Advanced repairs works correctly for Sappers
- Mortar Pit now requires Second Truck in the field
- Mine flail on Kangaroo should work properly now
- Vickers upgrade cost dropped to 35 ammo and weapon stats revised

WH
- Fixed invisible MG on KT; this time for real
- PaK43 crew should not survive if the gun gets destroyed
- Revised PaK43 stats against Allied tanks
- Fixed white stripe on Barracks
- V1 removed from the game replaced by Sturmtiger
- Improved armor of Sturmtiger
- Sturmtiger range increased to 200
- Mortar Halftrack now requires Phase 3 upgrade
- Increased cone of fire of PaK36 to match US 37mm gun
- Demolition Stormtroopers no longer need unlock to use camouflage (camo is unavailable when they equip flamethrowers)
- 37mm AT halftrack and Def doc 28mm AT halftrack have increased range to 65
- Incendiary grenade cost increased by 5 ammo and cooldown increased by 10 seconds
- Tank Commander is now available to all doctrines in Tank Factory

PE
- Set BF109 straffing damage output to what Stuka did before
- PIII Rapid Fire replaced by Smoke Cover ability
- Added missing Direct Fire ability to PIII
- Removed flame bomb from SE Sturm Pioneers
- Flame bomb moved to SE Sabotage squad (required Flame weapons unlock)
- Mortar Halftrack now requires Kampfgruppekompanie
- Hauptsturmführer now has the ability to retreat to a Retreat point
- 37mm AT halftrack and 28mm AT Armored car have increased range to 65
- Tweaked Henschels to be more effective (better accuracy, bit more damage, better penetration)
- Stuka plane now shares unlock and cooldown with Henschels
- Stuka ability works as Henschels now - sends planes from random direction; planes target buildings/emplacements
- Both Stuka raid and Henschel patrol cost dropped to 200 ammo
- Panzergrenadier cost dropped to 325MP
- Sturmpioneer cost dropped to 360MP
- Assaultgrenadier cost dropped to 380MP
- Incendiary grenade cost increased by 5 ammo and cooldown increased by 10 seconds

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?8temtssczxtxz14

Oh, and we know that King Tigers still have the "weird" textures - will be fixed in next release.
Also last time someone reported that for them the Sturmtiger call-in icon was missing - I have this issue too and for some unknown reason it is caused by resolution on your machine - on my laptop the native resolution is 1366x768 and the icon is not there, when I plug in external monitor and sut the resolution to Full HD, the icon is visible. So far we have been unable to solve this problem.

Leonida [525]

Re: 4.9.6. Beta II

Post by Leonida [525] »

Great work and big surprises! :)
Very happy also to see WH tank commanders in tank factory and new Stuka patrol for emplacements
Keep up the good work guys :)
Last edited by Leonida [525] on 04 Jan 2017, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I am looking forward to seeing how the mortar ht delay will play out. So you actually removed V1. Nice to have tank commanders available earlier!

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

It looks really interesting

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I guess few things are actually still missing... But overall, very interesting changes indeed!
Going to try it out as soon as I have free time ;)

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

And while you modified the flames, something regarding the faking flamethrowers squads burning tanks frontally, especially tankhunters, without suffering almost any losses?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Not really caring just wondering, why the hellcat limit? I know I was an advocate for removing it from AB doc all together, but why exactly the limit?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Interesting changes! Make Blitzkrieg Better Again! :D

1) Is it necessary to edit "BK Language file" (in order V-1 is removed, an SturmTiger is alone - not as reward) ?
2) Any cost drops for PE "Tank Factory" ?
Thanks, R-Devs! 8-)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

XAHTEP39 wrote:Interesting changes! Make Blitzkrieg Better Again! :D

1) Is it necessary to edit "BK Language file" (in order V-1 is removed, an SturmTiger is alone - not as reward) ?
Thanks, R-Devs! 8-)

1) for bk ucs (lines) it will be changed among others lines.
2) we already dropped the prices of some of the main PE infantry to make PE more forgiven regarding infantry losses in game, i think its more than enough, will wait your feedbacks.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Kasbah wrote:And while you modified the flames, something regarding the faking flamethrowers squads burning tanks frontally, especially tankhunters, without suffering almost any losses?
But we already have done that - tanks now have working HE shot and you can mess them up before the get to you. Tankhunters are counters to tanks, not infantry so you need support to protect them from this.
I know this is annoying but it is one of very few uses the flamethrowers have.

kwok wrote:Not really caring just wondering, why the hellcat limit? I know I was an advocate for removing it from AB doc all together, but why exactly the limit?
We agreed that AB doesn't really need them now when Airstrikes can actually kill heavy tanks (which was the reason why people cried for some AT options in the first place - even though even back then it was questionable) so we decided to limit it to one unit rather than removing it altogether all at once. So it is there just as a backup unit.

XAHTEP39 wrote:1) Is it necessary to edit "BK Language file" (in order V-1 is removed, an SturmTiger is alone - not as reward) ?
There will be changes in texts because Terror Sturmtiger unlock mentions V1 and also Luft airstrikes are not correct in their descriptions now...we will fix it.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Seems like luft finally will have a real air support, nice. What do you think about pz4\hetzer independent unlock for PE?

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:...
Thanks, R-Devs! 8-)

2) we already dropped the prices of some of the main PE infantry to make PE more forgiven regarding infantry losses in game, i think its more than enough, will wait your feedbacks.

Yes, right. Just I remembered about this post of Markr: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1548&start=50#p15417
Spoiler: show
...And we have't talked about this with others but I would support a price drop on PE tank factory too, it seems justified.

Do not agreement yet?

P.S. 550MP for PE Tank Factory is not a small price... :?

UPD. Autofiring of AT-squads in ambush is great, I tested it ! Finally!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

yes, but its old and irrelevant now with the latest changes we did for the PE.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:yes, but its old and irrelevant now with the latest changes we did for the PE.

Okey, I understand.

Maybe I am late, but I remembered about removed V-1.
It is "click-to-kill" weapon. It is unrealistic weapon for BK-mod and removed.
I offer 21 cm Mörser 18 or 17 cm Kanone 18 as removed V-1 alternative, for future updates of course.
- It is not necessary model, it is off-map artillery strike,
- It can be reward of SturmTiger (terr) or 280-mm rocket off-map salvo (def),
- It can be single shoot (as V-1) or several shoots (as US inf doc 155-mm Long Tom), 3...4 shoots not more - need to be balanced.
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 04 Jan 2017, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

MarKr wrote:
Kasbah wrote:And while you modified the flames, something regarding the faking flamethrowers squads burning tanks frontally, especially tankhunters, without suffering almost any losses?
But we already have done that - tanks now have working HE shot and you can mess them up before the get to you. Tankhunters are counters to tanks, not infantry so you need support to protect them from this.
I know this is annoying but it is one of very few uses the flamethrowers have.

OK good change thanks. But about tankhunters, why do they have an MG's then if they are totally ineffective? A nd why do they have a 35 ammo theoretical suppression that does strictly nothing? You could directly remove the Mg's and this option

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Kabash, the suppression works afaik and have used.

This is gonna be a fun update, lots of meta breaking changes here!
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Kasbah wrote:OK good change thanks. But about tankhunters, why do they have an MG's then if they are totally ineffective? A nd why do they have a 35 ammo theoretical suppression that does strictly nothing? You could directly remove the Mg's and this option
Tanks are meant to be more universal in their roles, that is why they have AP and HE shots and usually Top MGs and so on. Tank hunters are there to kill tanks, that is why they don't usually have HE abilities but instead bunch of others that helps them take out tanks (AP/ camo/ mark target etc.) So if you want protection from these flamers use infantry or some HE capable unit as a support.

And MGs...those have been in the game for ever and always were just pea shooters (talking about hull and coaxial MGs) if we buff that for tank hunters people will cry for giving it to tanks too (which would make sense) and then pretty much any vehicle in the game would be an infantry killing machine (because usually they have at least two, sometimes three MGs in total) and that would make life really difficult for infantry-based doctrines.

Krieger Blitzer

Alright! Time for some feedback.
- Fixed gray team colors

First of all, grey colors are not fixed yet. Unless you switch off player colors in game settings...
- Demolition Stormtroopers no longer need unlock to use camouflage (camo is unavailable when they equip flamethrowers)

Demo Storm squad can now crawl without veterancy unlock, can't be grateful enough for this!
However.. the flamethrower is not disabling the ability.
- Airborne doctrine sniper has now correct retreat point as other AB infantry

You fixed AB sniper retreating to Ranger captain, now they retreat to AB HQ. But u apparently forgot about the AB Engineers.. they still retreat to Rangers captain :P
- PIII Rapid Fire replaced by Smoke Cover ability
- Added missing Direct Fire ability to PIII

Pz3 is very weird now... The visual bug is still there, even with direct fire ability o.O Also, it's shooting HE all the time! And I checked the direct fire ability functions.. it's working correctly (no double shooting glitch) but the icon is never changing when switching to HE... U know what I mean?
Hmm, I mean.. when u switch to HE rounds, accordingly the icon should change... But now it's always "AP" icon. Although it's always shooting HE anyway :!:

I tested the cheaper version.. and yes, finally it's fixed... But I didn't test the more expensive version yet. Later I will...
Oh, and we know that King Tigers still have the "weird" textures - will be fixed in next release.

But why reverting the models?? Actually I think the current new models are very beautiful.. specifically the new model of the more expensive version! The new less expensive version model is nice too... But only if it had skirts.
However, if someone dislikes these new KT skins.. then he could probably install the historical add-on. KT has different skins there... Which are the best ones so far.

No, they don't.
They also don't auto-camo when in cover anymore... :/ What u did there exactly?
- Vickers upgrade cost dropped to 35 ammo and weapon stats revised

What's this? Which upgrade :?:
- 37mm AT halftrack and Def doc 28mm AT halftrack have increased range to 65

Can we have +5 more range for the WH 75mm half-track as well? Just that. The PE version doesn't need.. because it has static position which already increases range btw...
- Set BF109 straffing damage output to what Stuka did before

Hmm?? It's only shooting bullets. No 20mm cannons... Tested it billion times against half-tracks!
- Tweaked Henschels to be more effective (better accuracy, bit more damage, better penetration)
- Stuka plane now shares unlock and cooldown with Henschels
- Stuka ability works as Henschels now - sends planes from random direction; planes target buildings/emplacements
- Both Stuka raid and Henschel patrol cost dropped to 200 ammo

From this topic:- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1585&p=15600#p15596
I quote the following:-
Panzerblitz1 wrote:Luft Airstrikes will kick ass now ;)

And I say... YES! :D Finally the Luft planes are valuable now ;)
MarKr wrote:Also last time someone reported that for them the Sturmtiger call-in icon was missing - I have this issue too and for some unknown reason it is caused by resolution on your machine - on my laptop the native resolution is 1366x768 and the icon is not there, when I plug in external monitor and sut the resolution to Full HD, the icon is visible. So far we have been unable to solve this problem.

Yup... I also have a laptop with the same resolution unfortunately.. that's why I usually type in my video descriptions that some icons might not be displayed correctly due to that. As I am kind of jealous now at those who have 1080p screens 8-) But it seems that this issue is only happening with nVidia btw. I mean; other video cards have no problems displaying all the CoH icons correctly at this screen resolution!

-Pak40 emplacements still OP vs Pershing...

# Last but not least.. let me share these 2 unlisted videos here...

1) Quad AA destroying Pz4.D easily... Tiger1 HE shells completely inaccurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApkNh_3Upo
-I know that according to realism, Quads should be able to penetrate Pz4.D perhaps. But this way... Hellcats, Wolverines and Jacksons should also die to mortars?
Pz4.D is still a tank... I think it's unbalanced how so easily it could be destroyed like this :? Not only with Quads. But also with MG somehow :lol:

2) Weird double shooting glitch only with Def doc flak 88 emplacements, and ONLY during arty barrage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfcO1fDFkA
Would be cool if it's ever fixable!

There was a discussion about the LeiG.18 I think. Any chance we could have the 50mm Puma armored car earlier available? There were also other suggestions.. such as to allow it only for Blitz doc. But not a reward unit anymore...

About delaying mortars...
isn't this considered a buff to CW RA doc? They have 75mm half-tracks which are too early available :roll:

Regarding MapPack.v2, I think it should be ready soon... But it highly depends on how Endro and Playmobill are both progressing.. I think Panzerblitz1 should keep in touch with them from time to time though!

That's all for now... Cheers ^^

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Tiger1996 wrote:...

No, they don't.
They also don't auto-camo when in cover anymore... :/ What u did there exactly?

It mean, that in ambush (after click "ambush" in the cover) AT-squads open fire automatically, if vehicles are in range of Bazookas/Schreks. And it work properly now.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Tiger1996 wrote:First of all, grey colors are not fixed yet. Unless you switch off player colors in game settings...
Wolf was suppoesed to change that...I guess we put the old file in there...anyway we have the fix so it will be added.
Tiger1996 wrote:Demo Storm squad can now crawl without veterancy unlock, can't be grateful enough for this!
However.. the flamethrower is not disabling the ability.
Weird...I tested it and it worked...maybe I messed up the files? Will check it.
Tiger1996 wrote:You fixed AB sniper retreating to Ranger captain, now they retreat to AB HQ. But u apparently forgot about the AB Engineers.. they still retreat to Rangers captain
Even if there is no HQ squad? There is some hierarchy...I think they retreat to HQ squad only if there is no AB HQ in the field...or the other way. I am not sure now.
Tiger1996 wrote:Pz3 is very weird now... The visual bug is still there, even with direct fire ability o.O Also, it's shooting HE all the time! And I checked the direct fire ability functions.. it's working correctly (no double shooting glitch) but the icon is never changing when switching to HE... U know what I mean?
Hmm, I mean.. when u switch to HE rounds, accordingly the icon should change... But now it's always "AP" icon. Although it's always shooting HE anyway
The visual bug is unfortunately model-related and shows up with certain events...it is not drastic though (Jagdpanther will hate me for this statement, I know...)I will check the icons and "always shooting HE".
Tiger1996 wrote:But why reverting the models??
Because they are changed by a mistake, we want to use the ones that were in the game before.
Tiger1996 wrote:(Speaking about AT teams auto fire)No, they don't.
Well...
XAHTEP39 wrote:UPD. Autofiring of AT-squads in ambush is great, I tested it ! Finally!
So...it doesn't work for you but works for XAHTEP39...weird. Do you play BK or Afrika?
Tiger1996 wrote:They also don't auto-camo when in cover anymore... :/
They did before? I thought that they have the "Prepare for ambush" ability for that...
Tiger1996 wrote:What's this? Which upgrade
Bren Carrier Vickers upgrade.
Tiger1996 wrote:Can we have +5 more range for the WH 75mm half-track as well? Just that. The PE version doesn't need.. because it has static position which already increases range btw...
No.
Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm?? It's only shooting bullets. No 20mm cannons... Tested it billion times against half-tracks!
And I tested it against HTs and Shermans and it worked. :?
Tiger1996 wrote:-I know that according to realism, Quads should be able to penetrate Pz4.D perhaps. But this way... Hellcats, Wolverines and Jacksons should also die to mortars?
We're talking about penetration values here. If we use your logic that a mortar shell can hit the top of "opened" vehicles and thus disable them with a single shot...well, would want that for infantry grenades too? Actually it was a technique during the war that soldiers climbed up on tank and threw grenades/ shot hand guns inside, killing the crew. So saying that mortars should easily kill opened vehicles is not really a valid point here.
Tiger1996 wrote:Weird double shooting glitch only with Def doc flak 88 emplacements, and ONLY during arty barrage.
Already told you in PM that this stays as it is.

Krieger Blitzer

XAHTEP39 wrote:It mean, that in ambush (after click "ambush" in the cover) AT-squads open fire automatically, if vehicles are in range of Bazookas/Schreks. And it work properly now.

Well, nevermind.

But now, back to this point:-
Tiger1996 wrote:

I tested the cheaper version.. and yes, finally it's fixed... But I didn't test the more expensive version yet. Later I will...

So, the cheaper version of the KT had 360 degree hidden MG which is now fixed... However; I tested the more expensive version now.. and unfortunately still has hidden coaxial MG :P

>>> Just a clarification:-
-You see, the difference between the early production King Tiger with Porsche turret and the late production King Tiger with Henschel turret is that the Porsche one has top turret MG gunner; while Henschel has coaxial MG instead.. in the game, both had everything!
So, the Henschel had a hidden top turret MG gunner (now fixed) but ya, the Porsche one still has hidden coaxial MG obviously ^^

And I continue with my feedback:-
- Infantry carried flamethrowers have now added suppression effect

LOVE IT!

- PaK43 crew should not survive if the gun gets destroyed

Tested it.. well done.

- Sturmtiger and Panzer III now use correct destructible wrecks

Yup, works now.

- Hauptsturmführer now has the ability to retreat to a Retreat point

Finally.

- Panzergrenadier cost dropped to 325MP
- Sturmpioneer cost dropped to 360MP
- Assaultgrenadier cost dropped to 380MP

Ya, enough price reductions for PE now.

And nice nerf to flame nades ;) Also great that WH tank commanders are now available in tank factory...

@Kasbah;
Tank hunters suppression ability is impressive btw.. instantly pins any squad.

@MarKr;
Even if there is no HQ squad? There is some hierarchy...I think they retreat to HQ squad only if there is no AB HQ in the field...or the other way. I am not sure now.

Yes, even if there is no HQ squad...

The visual bug is unfortunately model-related and shows up with certain events...it is not drastic though

Agreed.
@Jagdpanther;
You should just get over it I think :D

Because they are changed by a mistake, we want to use the ones that were in the game before.

BUT THE NEW MODELS ARE REALLY AWESOME :mrgreen: This is my opinion :P Specifically the model of the more expensive version. What's wrong with keeping them, eh? ^^
So...it doesn't work for you but works for XAHTEP39...weird. Do you play BK or Afrika?

Well, they didn't shoot from ambush. And hold fire button was not ticked... I am not sure on this one though; might be wrong here.

They did before? I thought that they have the "Prepare for ambush" ability for that...

Hmm... No, AT teams never had passive camo actually. You are right!

No.

Well... :(

And I tested it against HTs and Shermans and it worked. :?

NOWAY! :shock:

We're talking about penetration values here. If we use your logic that a mortar shell can hit the top of "opened" vehicles and thus disable them with a single shot...well, would want that for infantry grenades too? Actually it was a technique during the war that soldiers climbed up on tank and threw grenades/ shot hand guns inside, killing the crew. So saying that mortars should easily kill opened vehicles is not really a valid point here.

Hmm... Well, just reduce Pz4.D price maybe?? it's just too fragile this way.

>>> Most importantly though.. plz check what's exactly wrong with Tiger1 HE shells... They are super inaccurate, unlike all other HE rounds. I tested almost every single-shot HE on all tanks! It should be as effective as the one from the Pershing. <<<

Already told you in PM that this stays as it is.

But why? You mean it's not fixable?! Oh well...

Wolf was suppoesed to change that...I guess we put the old file in there...anyway we have the fix so it will be added.
--------------------
Weird...I tested it and it worked...maybe I messed up the files? Will check it.
--------------------
I will check the icons and "always shooting HE".

Good luck ;)

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

So what I Noticed btw is that the pe 20 mm car can't dmg recce Like Puma can? Not even at rear or behind!
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:They also don't auto-camo when in cover anymore... :/

About auto-camo (as Gebirgs) and "prepare for ambush" (as AT-squads)...
Sometimes it is not easy to "prepare for ambush" AT-squad, if cover is small, then ever 3 mens in cover do not allow to "prepare for ambush" (becouse 1 men is not in cover!).

Is there a way to relieve "prepare for ambush" for AT-squads in small cover ? :?:
(for example at least two mens of AT-squad are in cover, then "prepare for ambush" is available)?

UPD.

Tiger1996 wrote:Well, they didn't shoot from ambush. And hold fire button was not ticked... I am not sure on this one though; might be wrong here.

Strange thing. I test this thing, and my PE AT-squad "prepare for ambush" in big crater and kill several tanks by auto-firing. I just wait and watching this. NB: in ambush auto-fire they have 2 second to aiming whatever!
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 05 Jan 2017, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Tiger1996 wrote:
1) Quad AA destroying Pz4.D easily...

-I know that according to realism, Quads should be able to penetrate Pz4.D perhaps. But this way... Hellcats, Wolverines and Jacksons should also die to mortars?
Pz4.D is still a tank...

Remember at least at short range the 0.50 round have almost the 20 mm round penetration power. .50 Cynetic is far less powerfull but cutting edge is greatly at .50 cal advantage. However 20 mm deliver much more damage.

It is a long time the 0.50 is a true weapon with its own TT at home, and all vehicles that have less than 25 mm armour are in danger. If the PIV D could hardly be penetrated frontally it can be cut in piece by a M2HB, if flanked.

Pz4.D, imo, is still a paper tank.

The argument about mortar is true, but at the same time unfair and not applicable to COH. that implies without saying it, vehicles can be decrew and captured. It is not a COH feature.

However I can say at home hellcat or marders are even vulnerable to airbust, true tanks are not. Probably at bk open turret or open casemate vehicles can be vulnerable to mortars and grenades and why not starffing, but I never heard pvp players asking for that. It is lot of time and work dev can spend elsewhere.

VinnySOB

Post by VinnySOB »

As always, thanks for continuing to support the mod. I realize you cannot please everyone; however, as someone who primarily plays against the AI, the change involving more resources for the AI than the player is not too good (in my opinion).

I really like the improved AI that was added in the last patch, but now the AI is spamming tanks within the first 10 minutes of the game. Not only does the AI have more resources, they use those resources to build observation posts on everything, giving them even more resources, which makes that game all about fending off a huge tank spam right away. I watched a replay of the last game I played and even though I beat the Hard AI, they had max resources very early and they actually spammed Tigers, which is not too fun to come across. It definitely makes it harder, but it gets rid of the progression aspect of the game.

Seeing the first Tiger or Pershing or Jumbo or (throw in an expensive unit here) is the "Oh crap" moment when you hope you have something to take it out. Seeing several Tigers ten minutes in is just a grind. I don't know, I will keep trying it out, but I really liked the AI the way it was at the start of the Beta. I would even lose matches to it because it would flank me and cut off supplies or sneak a bunch of units in behind me and build a forward base.

Also, before this new beta patch was released, I recently reverted back to 4.9.5 and I was amazed at how different the game was, especially the AI. They mindlessly spam units and come at you Banzai style. That is kind of what the AI feels like again with this new added resources patch. They are just not spamming AT guns and light tanks, now they spam Panzer IV's and Tigers. This also goes for any AI teammates you have. I hope this change to the AI's resources does not stay. Either way, I really do appreciate all of the hard work you guys do to keep this game alive.

And, all of the U.S. AB units created from AB headquarters properly retreat to the HQ squad. Thanks.

As for the FOW, I actually liked the fact that arty emplacements did not show up, but I realize this is probably not something you can fix on an individual unit basis. It was fun while it lasted though.

Lastly, the fix to the AT squads is a huge game changer, to me. I really like the fact that AT squads can no longer sprint at you Rambo style and fire rockets. I have not tried the ambush yet, but that seems like a better use for the AT squad. That is probably the best fix yet. Thanks again.