4.9.6 Beta

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: 4.9.6 Beta

Post by MarKr »

OK...I don't know what is happening with the AI colors for you but in my games enemy AI has red color, ally has yellow...I don't know why it is grey for you :/

As for the scavenge and repair abilities of WH Pios - I just tested it and they work...you need to have the ability visible on their UI panel, so if it isn't visible, click on the sub menu button. However as I said before, some wrecks simply cannot be scavenged - in my test games HTs, Armored cars, Stuarts, Greyhounds, StuGIIIs, plane wrecks could be scavenged however Shermans couldn't...this was the case even before the patch so I don't think it is something we messed up.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:however Shermans couldn't...this was the case even before the patch so I don't think it is something we messed up.

What? Really? I could always scavenge anything I wanted! Sometimes it was like 5 ammo, but everything was clickable!

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

MarKr wrote:OK...I don't know what is happening with the AI colors for you but in my games enemy AI has red color, ally has yellow...I don't know why it is grey for you :/

As for the scavenge and repair abilities of WH Pios - I just tested it and they work...you need to have the ability visible on their UI panel, so if it isn't visible, click on the sub menu button. However as I said before, some wrecks simply cannot be scavenged - in my test games HTs, Armored cars, Stuarts, Greyhounds, StuGIIIs, plane wrecks could be scavenged however Shermans couldn't...this was the case even before the patch so I don't think it is something we messed up.

If you activate the option to see different colors for different enemies, so you can distinguish behind them, they will probably be gray, thats what I was talking about teamcolors. I suspect this is it, I am not at comp with coh.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

my shit is grey too

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

So...any feedback on the 90mm guns and Single shot HE?

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Single shot HE works nicely. I'd say now it's even more reliable than continuous HE fire mode, because it almost never misses..

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BK-MOD TIP 2 map pack compatible? Coz they disappeared for me.... map2 folder still exist in Blitzkrieg file
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Viper

Post by Viper »

it is not working with me too
don't know why !
but I asked tiger about it. he said it should work normally.
he told me too that there should be a next beta for the mappack but he is not sure if endro and playmobill are going to continue their work with the map revisions. looks like they have lost the initiative. but he said he is still going to contact endro for that.
so let's wait and see.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

If the maps are ready, we probably could get them out for the next beta.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Devs can you remove new fog system for snipers? they earlier annoying, in beta they should cost 500+mp.
Straffing run is now performed by ME109 (MGs + 20mm autocannon) buff this 10x times, this don't work, 5 strafes 8 kills))
Bombing run is still performed by Stuka but instead of 7x70kg bomb it carries one big bomb which now FINALY hits where you send it
This ok, but why USA better? 2 bombs much better.
Shturmtiger should cost like KT or more.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@FoW for snipers: unfortunately no. It is a global change so it is either everything or nothing
@Luft Straffing: can anyone else confirm this? It didn't seem weak in testing games. Also keep in mind that this and even US straffing has better results when there are more squads in the target zone
@bombs: not everything is meant to be the same... Also 2x700 kg bomb can have bigger destructive potential than 1x1000kg bomb...two bombs cover more ground etc.
@Sturmtiger: I already mentioned the reasoning behind the current set up

Tor

Post by Tor »

if you give Shturmtiger price of 2000mp you still do not see the V-1 in games, shturmtiger can shoot without warning, end.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

@strafe: i have had a satisfactory experience.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, but V1 is off-map so you can send it anywhere, ST can be destroyed and needs to get in range...and also Terror needs tons of MP for its tanks, who would spend 2000MP on something which can only attack once every 6 minutes and also consumes 150 ammo on it?

Tor

Post by Tor »

V-1 send vs what? vs bunker? damaged KT can escape.
ST have really long range, how its can be destroyed? reduce range or raise cost.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, for example a heavily fortified area, though not bunker since Allies don't have them, nor KTs.
But ok, your oppinion is noted, if more people see it the same way, we will do some changes.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Really nice change list, looking forward to try it out today. I have extremely big concerns about new FoG system though, basically it's a big boost to all mortars, snipers and arty ( which already were arguably more effective than other types of units ). Imho, the first thing you should have done implementing this system is expanding reconsistance options for all factions: up recon limit from 2 to 3, binoculars for Hauptfuhrer, Captain and officer, M20 and etc. Thing is that early camping abuse with medium paks, snipers and mortars will become even more effective. Basically it's always have been much harder to atack in BK than to defend, with new FoG system this gap will be even more extreme. I will write about my expirenece after I try beta, though I don't think it will change...

Edit: Also I'm glad to see a Sturmtiger, but I think it will fit to BK doc much better, as a reward for Stuh. Terror already have very effective walking Stuka, they don't need another powerful indirect fire unit, that also doesn't make sense in a tech tree...flame weapons, flame mortar shell, firestorm and then sturmtiger? Keep in mind that sim cities emplacements are the biggest pain in the ass for BK, RE or Inf often can completely lock down this doc, Sturmtiger could be such a nice counter to it.

Edit 2: I really wanted to propose a small change a while ago, but completely forgot about it. Consider it now please, the issue is to swap Panzer 4 and Hetzer unlocks in Luft and SE docs, Pz F1 is the crappiest unit which no one ever use and it's too painful to spend 4 CP just for a more or less reliable counter to shermans. As SE or Luft I always feel the extreme lack of AT, the only thing which saves the day is Puma with pak 40, but it's crazy expensive and dies with 1 zook, or Americans can counter it with Dumb Ass half truck with 75 range which costs nothing, I mean, all Allied docs have such a powerful vehicles available after short time ( Churchill 1 CP, Achilles 2 CP, Jumbo 2 CP, Hellcat 2 CP, Firefly 2 CP ) but crappy Hetzer which is absolute minimum you MUST have for protection against allied Armor is suddenly 4 cp.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Tor wrote:V-1 send vs what? vs bunker? damaged KT can escape.
ST have really long range, how its can be destroyed? reduce range or raise cost.

ST has really long range? nope, Why reducing the already reduced range? or raising the cost of something who cost alreay much more than the V1? The V1 can't be destroyed, the SturmTiger, yes, the V1 can destroy anything, anywhere on the map without any range problem, when the Sturmtiger can't and could be immobilized, or even destroyed! i also remind you that it doesn't have a turret, so if he's stuck in the wrong direction, you're in trouble, so what is the problem here?

Is the ST is "OP" because when firing, he doesn't have the V1 sound? i don't think so, even in PvP when your heard the sound you know that you going to get it somewhere anyway...

* Again:
So the V1 pros:
Can be sent anywhere on the map but not in FoW
Cannot be stopped
Cons:
Costs 200 ammo
Has sound effect and delay which alerts the opponet
Cooldown 8 minutes

Sturmtiger pros:
Shot costs 150 ammo
Cooldown is 6 minutes
Cons:
Needs to get in range
Can be destroyed
Callin costs MP

-->Seems absolutely fair to me, but we need your PvP's feedbacks.

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Also I'm glad to see a Sturmtiger, but I think it will fit to BK doc much better, as a reward for Stuh..

We can't do that, the Stuh isn't the same type of unit, The ST isn't an "howitzer like" infantry support tank like the Stuh, but an heavy artillery building/defence destroyer based on the Tiger chassis with 150mm armor... his rocket damage is like the V1 in game, so its quite different, the ST replacing the V1 is the best place we can find to keep the balance, as Mark said before, the pros & cons of the V1 and the ST are equivalent and fit perfectly the gameplay, of course we can adjust things on this unit, but we can't move it elsewhere, the ST is just too close of the V1 in game regarding the destruction power of his rocket, imho the ST is much more realistic than something who never exist such V1 precision strikes.

SturmTiger fighting only footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbFyIaVOPA

Paso95

Post by Paso95 »

Hi all! I've a doubt about the new fow system. Axis docs have a lot of rocket arty units while allies have on the other hand a lot of mobile howitzers (churchill, cromwell, 75mm autocar, sherman 105). So it seems that with this new fow system it will be harder to find mobile howitzers but at the same time it will be as easy as before to intercept rocket units because you can see clearly rockets, even in fow. Is it possible to change something about that (at least to increase smoke production of mobile arty)?
Thx for your work:D

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Good point Paso.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Hi all, i think that with this new aiming system churchills become really gamebreaking.. I mean, often the only way a german player has to counter early churchills are hit and run tactics with panzerjaegers, since no other early AT is effective. With this 2 sec aim jaegers are much more easy to counter by church itself or by support inf.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Isn't there really anything you can do about snipers in FoW? I think they're even too painful now against brits since you don't have reliable counter with indirect fire (before doc choice), nor you can counter them with tommies sniper shot. If you try to rush them you might lose half of your squad just to spot it, and even then the opponent doesn't need much micro to keep his sniper safe to go on punishing you (that's even sooo painful for AT squads trying to rush mortar HT).
I agree with Leonida regarding AT aiming delay, maybe that could just be reduced to 1.5 or 1.25 seconds.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

FoW will come back as before, it was a test.

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Tor wrote:Devs can you remove new fog system for snipers? they earlier annoying, in beta they should cost 500+mp.
Straffing run is now performed by ME109 (MGs + 20mm autocannon) buff this 10x times, this don't work, 5 strafes 8 kills))
Bombing run is still performed by Stuka but instead of 7x70kg bomb it carries one big bomb which now FINALY hits where you send it
This ok, but why USA better? 2 bombs much better.
Shturmtiger should cost like KT or more.

I can agree with Tor about almost all points he mentioned in his small feedback. With the exception of ST. I think it's ok.
Luftwaffe straffing run now is rly worse than it was before, much worse. "5 strafes 8 kills" - these words are exaggerated a bit, but it's almost like that. I tested it with Tor yestarday. I have 8 squads of american engineers which standing in the clear field very close to each other and this straffing run almost didn't kill anybody. On the US air bombs can say that nerf of it failed, they also kill everything and everyone even if a bomb fell away for a long distance.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Personally i like the FoW system to be honest. Though i could agree on the negative points listed above. But for arty i would say its cool. Especially for unmobile howitzers that cost CP but being destroyed once they made a barrage. Arty would now be used more often to break defenses rather than both sides waiting for enemie arty just to counter it. I mean i cant remember how often i saw players giving with callis, stukas and even closer ranged arty counter barrages instead using it in a way its supposed to.

The aim time is also not that bad. I think again that players often got simply used to simply hit and run towards tanks. 1.5 sec aim might be enough.
Max range accuracy can also be adjusted, not only aim times. Just saying.

Thing with Hetzer in SE and Luft is an old story actually. I simply agree with sukin. I would even say to make Hetzer and F2 independent. So we would have hetzer-> Nashorn as simple TH tree for SE.

The Sturmtiger makes really not much sense in the tree. Maybe reward in BK for stuh? Or keep it in terror and unlock along with KT?

As For 109 it seems really a bit weak. But i made only two tests.
The current facts so far:

The Me 109 has as it seems two M17 that fire 25 rounds per second each. Burst takes 1.8 seconds. So 90 rounds fired right (both guns combined)? Each bullet deals 25 damage. Vs airborne and heroic the damage is reduced by 0.75 which makes 18,75 damage per hit. Idk how the hit system for such strafing work but it needs more than two hits to kill an average rifle men. How likely is it to happen?
The 20 mm has a 0.75 sec burst duration (rof is 6.7 per sec) that makes 5,025 rounds (guess in game its 5 then) in total. Each 80-120 damage (which is a lot). vs Inf and AB its boosted by 1.5 which makes 120-180 damage which means a hit is a kill. Just idk how accuracy works in strafing coz the tp vs inf has a 0.4 accuracy modifer. But i would guess that normal accuracy apply to strafings or?

But its a real vehicle killer if it hits lmao. 3.5 damage modifier vs Greyhound and halftracks and over 100% pen. Thats up to 420 damage per hit oO (instant kill).

And even 100% pen vs tanks with 5 damage modifier? I didnt test it yet but reading corsix a single hit would almost kill a sherman?! (135% at max range) :shock:

But i think you made a mistake (again). Last year i said that the rate of fire in corsix means the rate of fire per second and not per burst. I guess you wanted. I would say you wanted the M109 to fire 6,75 (7?) rounds in a burst and used the realistic MG/FF rof of up to 9 rounds per second. So you have to make the rof 9 and not 6.75 in the corsix stats.

Also i noticed that the 109 20 mm gun has no AoE.

So generally that strafe is more suited to kill vehicles and tanks rather than inf. I would prefer a better mix of anti inf and vehicle capability. Atm anti vehicle and tank power seems far over the top. But might test it in game. vs inf its rather poor.

What i would suggest here:

1. Make the 7.92 mm MG a bit more deadly per bullet so that a hit hurst a soldier. I mean the P-47 has 20-30 damage per bullet and that trippled vs inf. Hit= kill usually (except the healthiest axis inf). The 7,92 should not require more than to hits to kill a soldier and especially not more than two vs basic inf.
2. Set 20 mm rof to 9 (what i guess you actually wanted). And burst maybe a second long.
3. Reduce the basic damage to 50-60 or so. The damage vs inf can than be trippled (hit=kill). The damage vs vehices doubled (120 per hit doesnt seem to unrealistic). Three hits would kill a greyhound then. Or use 2.5 damage modifier. Then 2-3 hits would kill a greyhound.
4. Give some AoE to 20 mm. Maybe 1-3 in radius. We could assume the 109 firs so called "Minengeschosse" with up to 18g of HE. Minengeschosse had only been deployed by axis. The bullet mantle was very thin and thus HE load higher than those of normal 20 mm rounds (but only axis were able to build such rounds. Other nations bullets bursted as their mantle had the quality to stand the pressure in the barrel).
5. Bit more suppression (?)

Something unimportant:
I guess you used the Me 109 F model from Africa addon or? Only a few used the MG/FF (first models). Most used 15 (MG 151) mm and two 7,92 mm MG´s. Later (F4) received a 20 mm MG 151/20 instead of MG/FF. The 151/20 is a more powerfull 20 mm..... But i also agree that there could be done something.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 25 Nov 2016, 20:39, edited 3 times in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt