4.9.6 Beta

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

4.9.6 Beta

Post by MarKr »

Hello guys, after quite some time we have for you the new patch - so far in beta version. Some of the changes need some testing in order to fine-tune them for the final release, so yes, we expect at least one (but maybe more) betas before final release.

Especially the 90mm gun performance, the AA (if they are OK now or still too strong/weak), the teleport bug especially in PVP (we hope it will work but one never knows :( ) and also the reworked single HE shot ability - we actually did not touch the stats of the shot, only its targetting mechanics but since it never worked properly before they might prove to be set too strong/weak. But ofcourse test other things too.

You might notice an experimental feature - units shooting from FoW will not reveal them selves. This applies to all units - snipers, mortars, AT guns but mainly artillery. It seems as a huge change (well, it doesn't just seem that way, it is a big change) but keep in mind that you can see where mortar shells are comming from (and if not then they are mostly sitting just behind the FoW edge), snipers have tracers on shots etc. Arty still makes smoke and even in FoW you can hear the sounds of shooting so you can guess where the arty is + the usual ways of recon. This change was made in order to try make arty less of a "counter arty" tool and to give to the arty-based doctrines some breathing space. Let's see how that plays out. However if there is some serious problem connected to it, we are ready to revert this change.

The change log:
General:
- As preparations for Steam greenlight go the mod has been cleaned of swastika and nazi symbols (HUGE thanks to Panzerblitz1 for all his work on this)
- Corrections in building/upgrade describtions, mainly for USA but other factions too
- Changed targetting system of "Single HE Shot" abilities on (hopefully) all tanks that use it so now it should FINALLY work properly
- Added "Hold Ground" ability to Engineer/Sapper/Pioneer squads and other infantry squads that might need it
- The "Unload" button hotkey changed to "U" (from "D") to prevent unloading Tank Commanders when using "D" hotkey for activation of the Direct Fire ability
- When Nebelwerfers use the "Steep Angle" barrage ability the rocket tracers should visually look OK now (no sharp angles)
- Removed "Attack Ground" ability from emplaced AT guns because it could be used for bug abuse
- Applied a system that should kill any unit that uses the teleport bug
- Applied changes to AAs guns to balance their performance against planes
- Used new AI (better cover usage, units usage etc. - huge thanks to the author Martin Steinke)
- Infantry hand-held AT weapons now aim for 2 seconds before shooting in order to preven the "rapid fire" bug (aim time was subtracted from reload time so the delay between shots remains the same)
- Tweaked HE mode of US and CW Stuart tanks so that they don't need to direct hit soldiers in order to kill them
- Panzer IV F1 should no longer be buildable in Infantry Only mode
- Fixed "pink wheels" bug on skdfz 256/9 (huge thanks to Halftrack for the fix)
- Fixed Luft pios shooting sound bug (thanks to Panzerblitz for the fix)
- Revised Allies guns penetration chances against Jagdtieger (some were too high)
- Experimental feature: When units fire from Fog of War, they do not reveal themselves
- Tank Commanders have new buffs for tanks (as described in the topic on the forum); price decreased to 220MP
- Buildings and units that allow to buy ammo/weapon upgrades will not provide upgrades to allies (only to own units)

USA
- Slightly tuned the AoE of bombing run and Air Patrol + price increased by 15 munitions
- Armor Doc's "Experienced Shermans" now correctly applies to Calliope too
- 90mm guns have better penetration chance against Tigers and Panthers (at max range about 78% vs Tigers and 60% against Panthers)
- 90mm guns have unified damage of 130-160(some had 135-165)
- M36 armor changed to the same of M4 Sherman
- M36 HP lowered by 100
- M36 price dropped to 650MP 90F
- M36B1 speed decreased to 4.3 (from 4.8)
- Both variants of M36 have "HE Shot" ability removed
- Both M36 variants are exluded from the effect of Sandbags upgrade
- CQB squad can no longer spawn at empty emplacements
- CQB now have 5 seconds delay before spawning
- M20 Recon Car and Command Car now get at Vet level 2 accuracy bonus (used to have penetration bonus which makes little sense for .50cal)
- Armored Jeep (AB doc) should no longer be able to bounce off shots from 50mm guns

CW
- Gammon Bombs should now be more effective against garrisoned troops (buildings and trenches)
- Just as any call-in, Croc Churchill now comes with all upgrades installed (was missing the Mine plow)
- Fixed bug with RE "Improved trucks" unlock when the upgrade should increase the production speed of units in Trucks but instead did nothing
- RE "Cheaper Emplacements" unlock provided a slight speed buff to all Command trucks - the buff was moved to "Improved Command Trucks" unlock where it makes more sense
- BOYS should no longer have trouble finishing off Halftracks with "1mm HP left"
- 17 pounder emplacement can no longer be build before selecting a doctrine
- Sherman Tulip Rockets have tweaked stats so they should deal correct damage more reliably to targets within AoE
- Marksman ability now requires to be aimed at an enemy unit rather than anywhere
- Stuart Recce fuel price increased by +5
- BOYS AT do not require Lieutenant in the field in order to be built

WH
- BK Panther Top MG no longer fires in a different direction than the weapon is facing (however the Top MG is intentionally only facing forward - does not rotate)
- The cheaper version of King Tiger no longer shoots from invisible turret mounted MG
- Added a cooldown of 90 seconds to the "For the Fatherland" ability
- All Stormtrooper squads capable of spawning in buildings can no longer spawn at empty emplacements
- Emplaced 75mm PaK40 has same penetration chances against allied tanks as other PaK40 guns in the game
- Added Sturmtiger (Model by Halftrack, animated by Tankdestroyer) as a reward unit for V1 (even if you choose ST there is still V1 unlock icon in the tree, we know that, it will be fixed)

PE
- emplaced 88 should no longer have the "Disembark" button
- The defensive bonus of Reg5 now only applies when they are not moving, the bonuses have been tuned down a litle bit too
- Planes changed to better fit their historical loadout:
- Straffing run is now performed by ME109 (MGs + 20mm autocannon)
- Bombing run is still performed by Stuka but instead of 7x70kg bomb it carries one big bomb which now FINALY hits where you send it (thanks to Panzerblitz1 for the fix)
- The Veteran Crews unlock of Tank Hunter doctrine now corectly affects PIV F1
- Sabateur Squad can no longer spawn at empty emplacements
- Henschels should not be shot down that easily anymore
- Panzer IV E removed from SE doctrine and replaced by Panzer III N (quicker gun reload and turret rotation, move a bit faster, same HP and Abilities), model by BurroDiablo, Animated by Walki.
- Corrected too low penetration stats of Jagdtieger against some Allied tanks

Download link: http://files.bkmod.net/Blitzkrieg_4.9.6 ... ch_III.exe
(the file name is Beta III but it is the first 4.9.6 Beta release :) )

kwok
Team Member

Re: 4.9.6 Beta

Post by kwok »

Clever idea changing aim time instead of reload on the handheld AT.

Mind if I asked what the reasoning behind no reveal on AT, mortars, and snipers is? Do you plan to make this FoW change to any other types of units? I ask because I'm experimenting with it on my mod too, so I'd like to hear general thoughts.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is because it was the easiest way to do it...and honestly the only one I know of - there is a global setting that says "units attacking from FoW are revealed for X seconds" so we switched that to 0. Since it is global, it affects all units shooting from FoW. But as stated - it is experimental.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Great! Cheers, comrades :!:
First question :
MarKr wrote:...
- Panzer IV E removed from SE doctrine and replaced by Panzer III N (same combat performance only model switched)

Panzerblitz1 wrote:The Panzer III Ausf. N is similar in all point to the Panzer IV E, he also fires HE and HEAT shells (historically acurate), it will be a little bit faster in reload and in speed with a little bit more frontal armor, for the same price.

What is true ?
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 23 Nov 2016, 22:49, edited 2 times in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is same but I think we made veery little bit faster...so...both is true I guess :D

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

... but no little "stronger" ?

Second question:
Is any solution with "MP-40 upgrade" of PE SturmPioneers in SE doctrine ? There is 4 available upgrades, but flamebundle anb flamebomb on first sheet requires CP-unlock and is blocked, :arrow: accordingly "MP-40 upgrade" is not available, becouse it is second sheet upgrade.
Note: Luft and TH Sturmpioneers can to do "MP-40 upgrade" at start.
There is old report/suggetion about this - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1087

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

No, not stronger, the guns have same damage, TTs...im not sure about reload times but I think we kept that same too.
The second thing: we did not get to that.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

@Mark
XAHTEP39 wrote:... but no little "stronger" ?

I mean not a cannon, I mean liiitle bit stronger armor ? :?:

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Nope, those have the same armor, HP etc...

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

FoW:
Interesting. I did something similar, it gets a bit wonky with truesight.
I can't wait to try it in bk. I wonder how people will handle mortar halftracks now... I almost want to suggest a balance thing now but I'll wait until some games are actually played
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

- Used new AI (better cover usage, units usage etc. - huge thanks to the author Martin Steinke)
You mean the CPU players? Nice, it's fun from time to time to play with AI when no one's around

- BOYS AT do not require Lieutenant in the field in order to be built
Now that is a huge revolution! I am really very looking forward to seeing how it's going to work.

- Added Sturmtiger as a reward unit for V1 (even if you choose ST there is still V1 unlock icon in the tree, we know that, it will be fixed)
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, I guess everyone will play terror now xD.

- The defensive bonus of Reg5 now only applies when they are not moving, the bonuses have been tuned down a litle bit too
Nice.

The fow thing, I think it might be nice, but we gonna see...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

XAHTEP39 wrote:@Mark
XAHTEP39 wrote:... but no little "stronger" ?

I mean not a cannon, I mean liiitle bit stronger armor ? :?:

Ok, so the Panzer III and you'll noticed it in game, will be a bit quicker, the turret speed also will be quicker, the reload time will also be a tiny bit faster, the rest will be the same as the Panzer IV Ausf. E (same HP & Ammo)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Things I have noticed so far:
- Why CPU is now grey? Also I am very concerned about the AI. It became hardly any challenge. It makes 3x less units, it's less aggressive. It feels much more derpy now imo.

- Translations are not added yet? I have all the new stuff in English

- In my game mortars still get revealed through fog of war. On the other hand, infantry section that is right on the edge of fog of war flashes (every shot they fire makes them visible for like 0,1 sec, then they are hidden again) Here an example of mg shooting, but revealing just for a sec and only the weapon, not the crew:
20161124003405_1.jpg
20161124003402_1.jpg

It's the same thing with infantry small arms. I haven't made a screen shot, but you can see floating Garands in the air but not the soldiers themselves xD.

- Well, the Sturmtiger: First of all it costs only 700 mp, it's surprisingly small amount. Lol, when I fired for the first time, the rocket hit a wall just in front of the tank xD. Classic Bk xD.
The cool down is very big, what might be the reason of this unit being cheap.. When I faced Sherman 76 it died with 2 frontal shots. Next time got 2 shots from Hellcat - dead. Again, full range vs Sherman 76: first shot pen, second bounce, third pen - dead. It's pretty fragile for 150mm of armor...

Also why it can't shoot into fog of war?

- 1 shot He is working nicely. Is it supposed to miss ever :D? Ok I had a miss nvm xD.

- Something is wrong with pioneers ability of gaining ammo from wrecks. It's not possible sometimes, idk why. I can't use this ability on tanks, only destroyed halftracks

- Wow, AI just made perfectly aimed bomb run at my Sturmtiger xD. That was unexpected :D!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

what do u mean grey ai? jim did you put your cursor details to max? in ur graphic settings?

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

They are... grey. They used to be red xD. For example we are blue..
Attachments
20161124014814_1.jpg
20161124014759_1.jpg
20161124014749_1.jpg

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

- Translations are not added yet? I have all the new stuff in English
No, they are not. The beta was packet before the translations were ready.
- In my game mortars still get revealed through fog of war.
Same as before the patch? Or is it the same as you describe it for MGs?
Also I am very concerned about the AI. It became hardly any challenge. It makes 3x less units, it's less aggressive. It feels much more derpy now imo.
The thing is, it doesn't send constant stream of units anymore. Sometimes the AI stops a unit and waits for reinforcements and attacks later with bigger force...what difficulty did you play?

About Sturmtiger: We wanted to make it similar to V1 so It has same destructive power as V1, but we wanted to keep some pros and cons for both ST and V1 so that picking always one is not a nobrainer.
So the V1 pros:
Can be sent anywhere on the map but not in FoW
Cannot be stopped
Cons:
Costs 200 ammo
Has sound effect and delay which alerts the opponet
Cooldown 8 minutes

Sturmtiger pros:
Shot costs 150 ammo
Cooldown is 6 minutes
Cons:
Needs to get in range
Can be destroyed
Callin costs MP
- Something is wrong with pioneers ability of gaining ammo from wrecks. It's not possible sometimes, idk why. I can't use this ability on tanks, only destroyed halftracks
Pioneers had too many abilities so "submenu button" needed to be added in order to add Hold Position. However you can activate the "scavange" ability only when they have the ability shown in the menu. If you cannot use it, click on the "ability switch" button and it should work.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:Same as before the patch? Or is it the same as you describe it for MGs?
I need more testing to be sure. Until then everybody else will probably also give you some feedback, so just nvm that.
MarKr wrote:The thing is, it doesn't send constant stream of units anymore. Sometimes the AI stops a unit and waits for reinforcements and attacks later with bigger force...what difficulty did you play?
Expert. And yea, I have noticed that it makes larger groups and then sends them. I don't say if it's good or bad, I just noticed that it became less challenging. I am speaking on behalf that grey zone of Bk players that almost never show up here - comp stompers. They might really get upset I am afraid... But again, one game is probably not enough to judge yet.

Strumtiger reasoning - seams reasonable ;)
MarKr wrote:Pioneers had too many abilities so "submenu button" needed to be added in order to add Hold Position. However you can activate the "scavange" ability only when they have the ability shown in the menu. If you cannot use it, click on the "ability switch" button and it should work.

I did it, I did all the variants: with button, with ability, without button, without ability etc... It was always the same for me: tanks wrecks were unscavengeable, only smaller ones like shwimm or halftracks. Also in the same way it happened to me that I couldn't repair my tank. I think something is messed up there :(.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Well Jim, u have a problem, because the colors are correct... did you put the details models cursor at max? u didn't answered me.
Attachments
RelicCOH 2016-11-24 02-17-19-49.png

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I did it, I did all the variants: with button, with ability, without button, without ability etc... It was always the same for me: tanks wrecks were unscavengeable, only smaller ones like shwimm or halftracks. Also in the same way it happened to me that I couldn't repair my tank. I think something is messed up there :(.
Does it happen with a specific doctrine or all WH pios? Don't know about that repair yet, but wrecks "decay" after time so if you try to scavenge a wreck that was around for a while, it just breaks to pieces and you get nothing from it...and some vehicles seem to provide no resources at all...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Well Jim, u have a problem, because the colors are correct... did you put the details models cursor at max? u didn't answered me.

Ah, sorry it seems to be a problem with me then. And yes, I have all highest settings possible including model details, except shadows.
MarKr wrote:Does it happen with a specific doctrine or all WH pios?
I played only one game, only with terror doc. So I can't really tell you anything more now :(. Maybe tomorrow.
MarKr wrote:Don't know about that repair yet, but wrecks "decay" after time so if you try to scavenge a wreck that was around for a while, it just breaks to pieces and you get nothing from it...and some vehicles seem to provide no resources at all...
Yes, I know that. But I tried it with a "fresh" wreck, killed not so long before.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Some wrecks can be scavenged, some not, We also have another very cool models of BF109 (Reco + Straffing)
Attachments
RelicCOH 2016-11-23 16-56-59-54.png
RelicCOH 2016-11-23 16-56-40-99.png

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

There is still some fools to paint a 13 on their plane and be surprise when shoot down in flames. :roll:

Sudatus

Post by Sudatus »

Gret work team. U deliver.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

When the rapid fire ability is activated on the panzer III when it fires it looks like smoke comes out of the commander's cupola not the gun, it's very strange looking, never seen something like this.

Also why there is "ground shaking" dust effect only in rapid position, it should be for both.

- The cheaper version of King Tiger no longer shoots from invisible turret mounted MG
Any update on the broken gun animation? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1030
Last edited by Jagdpanther on 03 Dec 2016, 13:10, edited 7 times in total.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

I also have grey AI players, but i noticed that if I put same team colours then the mate AI become yellow.. dunno :D