Jagdtiger HE fail

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Jagdpanther

Jagdtiger HE fail

Post by Jagdpanther »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H48P3IddF3Y

Fired 5 shots from the same position, all failed like that.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Jagdtiger HE fail

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

You made the video "Private", no one can watch it this way... You need to change to unlisted :P

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

changed sory

Krieger Blitzer

It's fine, I can see it now ^^ And ya.. some people actually suggested before to change the functions of the JagdTiger's HE ability; as it should work more like HEAT rounds! Select then choose a certain target to shoot at... Worth a try I think ;)

Viper

Post by Viper »

Tiger1996 wrote:It's fine, I can see it now ^^ And ya.. some people actually suggested before to change the functions of the JagdTiger's HE ability; as it should work more like HEAT rounds! Select then choose a certain target to shoot at... Worth a try I think ;)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1068&p=12037#p12037
my IDEA <3

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

This is a known issue - all "Single HE shot abilities" fail this way...New patch should change that. All HE shot abilities will be targeted at a certain unit you want to hit. The results of tests are so far good...kinda too good if you ask me :D

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

It s normal your he fails Jagdpanther, your target is higher than than you.
HE need perfectly flat flat without obstacle, or in same condition, your target lower than you instead of falt land.

HE detonanted at first obstacle encountered, and target in soil. The only solution I have tested up to day is ok for solo or multi coop, but unsuitable for pvp. I will look with interest what Markr imagined.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

"your target is higher than than you."
The thing is that if there is a flat terrain and between the vehicle and target is...let's say a wooden fence (the one that provides yellow cover to infantry and the can fire "over it"), the shell hits the fence too even when it should pose no trouble shooting over it. This is a common problem with abilities that target "ground". We changed the targeting setting of the ability - it cannot target ground anymore, you need to select an enemy unit, then it works fine.

Krieger Blitzer

all "Single HE shot abilities" fail this way...New patch should change that. All HE shot abilities will be targeted at a certain unit you want to hit. The results of tests are so far good...kinda too good if you ask me :D

NICE!
Just make sure it's usable on everything.. I mean; possible to use for targeting infantry of course, but also neutral buildings or emplacements, and even tanks as well as half-trucks...

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

MarKr wrote:"your target is higher than than you."
the shell hits the fence too even when it should pose no trouble shooting over it.

And it is exactly like an HE shell is supposed to act. It is supposed to explode at contact, not pass through except it is dud ammo.
I can understand it s frustrating for players, but an HE round is not an AP.

anyway congrats for the idea. You just have to tunes this, before whinners come to cry it changes game balance. Players are able to cry to have something, then cry when they have it.

Krieger Blitzer

Jalis wrote:anyway congrats for the idea. You just have to tunes this, before whinners come to cry it changes game balance. Players are able to cry to have something, then cry when they have it.

Hmm, this is not actually true... For example; the majority of players asked to have the Panzer 4 F1 added; and now it doesn't seem like somebody is crying for having it at all :P

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Fixed in the next patch/closed.