Panzer III Ausf. N

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
JimQwilleran

Re: Panzer III Ausf. N

Post by JimQwilleran »

Panzer III N is still 70mm. Tiger, say you are sorry!

Commissar

Re: Something is hiding...something new...

Post by Commissar »

JimQwilleran wrote:Of course that all late variants had 70mm of armour. What are you talking about?

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Pz.Kpfw._III_Ausf._M#Armour

I also don't understand that attitude from Commisar at all. Isn't grehound shit car? Isn't Panzer IV D shit tank? They all are there, so what is the problem??

From ur your words, i can conclude that you support the fact that this tank, ahem, not very good. And u just offer to throw in the game another "not very good" or "useless tank" or ?

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:who said it will cost less than a Panzer IV?

I thought all goes to make this tank cheaper than PZ 4. Beacsuse of Sukin's supposition and ur's approval of this supposition.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Commissar wrote:From ur your words, i can conclude that you support the fact that this tank, ahem, not very good. And u just offer to throw in the game another "not very good" or "useless tank" or ?

No. Imo, there are no bad units. What I meant was that surely greyhound is much more "shitier" than Panzer III could be, but it's still there. If you wanted to erase all "not very good units" we would end up only with panthers and falshmirjager...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

And frankly, I feel sorry for devs to receive such a feedback after the work they did.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

XAHTEP39 wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:...
Anyway, I must say that what u said is definitely true for sure; there is not a single Panzer 3 version which ever had above 50mm armor actually or anywhere close to 70mm... Only later PanzerIII versions had maximum 50mm armor. Without the frontal armor plates, earlier versions had only 15mm armor.. or up to 30mm max armor thickness.

All late produced Pz. IIIs (ausf. L, M, N) had 70-mm (50+20) front armor "from the factory";
In the main, early produced/converted Pz. IIIs (ausf. L, M, N) had 50-mm front armor but "at the front-line" it magnifies by 20-mm plates.
So, the most of late Pz.III had 70-mm (50+20) front armor, few are 50-mm.

Oops, how did I mess that up! :D

Ya, I thought it's 30 + 20 (frontal plate) but now I checked it... It's like u say! Thanks for the correction.. I should trust my memory less times then >.< Or probably provide myself more time to sleep :P

Regardless however....
@MarKr;
Oh, Pz3 N with skirts? That's great then! :)
But it should have more speed I think ^^ Same abilities? Probably, but not sure...
Attachments
Panzer III M
Panzer III M
Panzer III M
Panzer III M

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

anyway there are a lot of units which doesn't uses in a real hard games cause of there pointless.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Feel free to make a topic in "suggestions" section and give some ideas about how to turn "useless" units into useful ;)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Commissar wrote:

I thought all goes to make this tank cheaper than PZ 4. Beacsuse of Sukin's supposition and ur's approval of this supposition.

I said "getting warmer" (PE) which is quite different.

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
Commissar wrote:

I said "getting warmer" (PE) which is quite different.

"they really lack some cost effective and deadly stuff ( like WH pumas, usa's quad cal and M4)" (с) Sukin-Kot. So that's why i thought this tank will be cheaper than PZ 4.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:I said "getting warmer" (PE) which is quite different.

Actually, historically Panzer III costed 96.183 Reichsmark, while Panzer IV was 103,462 Reichsmark. So I guess that would be 5 fuel and 50 mp xD.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

JimQwilleran wrote:

Actually, historically Panzer III costed 96.183 Reichsmark, while Panzer IV was 103,462 Reichsmark. So I guess that would be 5 fuel and 50 mp xD.

What modification Pz.III and Pz.IV ? Pz.III ausf.N is a most late, Pz.IV ausf. D/E/F1 is most early; So... 8-)

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Ok. I admit. I was rude a little to PzBlitz1, yeah. And, i am sorry, PzBlitz1. I hope that the conflict is alrdy settled. And i write it here, in public, not in direct message to PzBlitz1.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

XAHTEP39 wrote:What modification Pz.III and Pz.IV ? Pz.III ausf.N is a most late, Pz.IV ausf. D/E/F1 is most early; So... 8-)

Sorry, I don't have that specific data :D. We would need some good history source to check that. I think that the numbers I gave you are some kind of average price of all models of each version. The point was to show that Panzer III was a bit cheaper, but I don't think it will have any impact on the mod ;).

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

#Commissar: You are welcome mate, the best is to admit his faults, like a man, all cool now.

The Panzer III Ausf. N is similar in all point to the Panzer IV E, he also fires HE and HEAT shells (historically acurate), it will be a little bit faster in reload and in speed with a little bit more frontal armor, for the same price.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:The Panzer III Ausf. N is similar in all point to the Panzer IV E, he also fires HE and HEAT shells (historically acurate), it will be a little bit faster in reload and in speed with a little bit more frontal armor, for the same price.

Perfect :D.

Krieger Blitzer

Panzerblitz1 wrote:#Commissar: You are welcome mate, the best is to admit his faults, like a man, all cool now.

The Panzer III Ausf. N is similar in all point to the Panzer IV E, he also fires HE and HEAT shells (historically acurate), it will be a little bit faster in reload and in speed with a little bit more frontal armor, for the same price.

Legendary! :D

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Picture update of the Panzer III Ausf. N on @post1

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:The Panzer III Ausf. N is similar in all point to the Panzer IV E, he also fires HE and HEAT shells (historically acurate), it will be a little bit faster in reload and in speed with a little bit more frontal armor, for the same price.

Good, it fits perfectly :)

Krieger Blitzer

Some mates who first time see this topic, they messaged me on Steam saying that they are somewhat confused as long as they keep reading further and that they don't understand anything from what's happening here...
So; well then, just a quick clarification.. as it's worth to mention that this topic was first called "Something hiding... Something new..." since we also had no clear image of the new unit, which we later knew that it will be the Panzer.III.Ausf.N with skirts.. that's when Panzerblitz1 renamed the topic and shortly edited the first post after that! That's all the story :)

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Awesome lil tank! Keep up the good work guys.

Krieger Blitzer

This way, I can pretty much suggest that the next patch actually deserves to be called v5.0.0 and not v4.9.6 since it's a whole new level apparently 8-)
I mean... Just look, we will have the map-pack v2 with 23 new high quality maps, not to mention that some of the current maps will be perfectly tuned as well.. and the balance is getting even better than it is already (Although i am honestly still so much worried about the 90mm guns change, but let's see...) few remaining bugs will be fixed too; and above all.. also a new unit! ^^
I really can't wait to see this new PzIII in BK :P

And oh ya, I probably have to notify.. that the work with the maps will be hopefully finished rather soon btw... ;)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Tiger1996 wrote: (Although i am honestly still so much worried about the 90mm guns change, but let's see...)

If i had to receive 1$ each time you're saying that, i think i would be very rich now... :roll: :mrgreen:

Krieger Blitzer

XD Hahahahaha... :lol:
But well, at least this pretty much implies how so much worried i am! :D

Just.. every time when i simply remember the games where I was able to completely turn entirely the tide of the game while also totally wiping out almost whole tank battalions of my elite Axis opponents using my lonely SP, then i just feel so sorry for the Axis tanks in the next patch to be honest whenever i come to imagine the performance of the new 90mm guns... I am not saying they shouldn't be buffed, but i just don't like the way how it was actually done; maybe I am wrong though! So.. let's just first wait to see how it plays out. I mean, let's just not talk further about this for now :)
But my biggest concern while testing the beta of the next patch will be definitely focused on the 90mm guns.. no doubt.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

JimQwilleran wrote: