USA Openings and Build Order

A place to debate and share game or general military strategy/tactics.
kwok
Team Member

USA Openings and Build Order

Post by kwok »

What are your openings/build orders as USA? Does high/low resource make a difference? What about map types?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: USA Openings and Build Order

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

The most effective build order I have been using since ages: Jeep + rifles + pak + rifles + recon + sniper, it fits to all kind of situations, you get nice combined force on front really fast ( pak + jeep + rifles ) second rifles squad allows you to capture all your territory really fast ( rifles have the fastest cap rate in game ). It's very good for making an early push, garands are very deadly at close distance, and you have 3 squads for outmaneuver the enemy. also Granades are very powerful (unlike those of Volksgrenadiers, worth to add that volks generally are much worse than rifles at the start of the game, take advantage of it ). Usually I can fight with high success with this small amount of units till I get Quad cal + 57mm truck.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Can agree. Just when i knew that i dont face PE i got often two squads of rifles first and finally a pak. Besides that if you manevuer the Rifles are more usefull than grens. But If you stay at distance you will lose every combat vs volks. The Engineers can be also brought up into battle. They can be usefull when attacking paks from two sides. When you get close enough engineers can kill the pak crew.

The rifles have fastest cap of all opening units. But later axis WH grens (and storms?) have the same cap speed as rifles.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

On low resource games right now, the jeep opening is almost 90% of the openings being played. It is mobile and has just enough firepower to harass and deny enemy capturing, even in their back line. The mobility also allows them to dodge AT fire. It is durable enough to escape out of trouble from small arms. Its vision provides recon and pretty much counters any sniper openings. It is nearly riskless. Any counters against it is AT gun positioning and fast capping as a trade since chances are the enemy doesn't have the manpower to get riflemen right away to fast cap.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I love high resources because then I can properly array a force for the beginning and there's lots of ways to work with teammates to synergize.

The only down side is that if you play well or get lucky and roflstomp your enemies, you sometimes may have just ended the game.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Assuming your teammate doesn't know how to play high resources... which is pretty much what happens... It's like saying a chess game can end in 5 moves if the opponent doesn't have some foundational sense. But strong chess players will play in such a way that they will not lose in 5 moves because they have a well mixed opening. In other words, make sure you have anti-tank and anti-inf in your initial build order and play a formation with SOME sense of positioning (instead of just rock paper scissor rushing, where positioning is a concept completely thrown away in low resources because your counter will literally have FULL map control until more units are out).

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

STOP IT! THE LOGIC HERTZ
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Panther1996

Post by Panther1996 »

Normal recource games are more mind-games. You need to think carefully wher to spend your recources, what will be more worth and effective and what wont.
That's the reason why almost every high recource game is hosted by skirmishers or amateurs.