Sherman tulip hiting everything

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: Sherman tulip hiting everything

Post by MarKr »

Oh, 25 and 20% is that much?? Really??!!
Are you aware how much cheap these rockets are? with such a huge range too?!
On a DIRECT HIT - and I mean DIRECT HIT, not "near hit" -it seems OK to you? I am not talking about heavies, only medium tanks and lightly armored targets the PIV D/E that is 100% penetrated even by 37mm paks but when they eat a fricking rocket full of TNT right into their face, nothing happens...sure, why not.

So ya, above all... Tulip rockets were only used almost at the end of the war.
Irrelevant for the discussion.
They were rather nothing than just a huge harmless explosion sound that was meant to spread horror among enemy soldiers and cause them to surrender!
In BK soldiers don't surrender. So then remains:
Tulips should be better at killing tank traps, bunkers and roadblocks...
At which AVRE is waaaay better because it is accurate and hase better damage output against these things. So it comes back to what illa said - Tulips are not very useful at their current state because of their shitty accuracy. If their effectiveness against JP/JT gets nerfed but they gains nothing in return they will be totally useless.
Anyway what are you so much affraid of? In normal games (not the test scenario video which you posted) You don't come with Tulips this close to target (JT whould have shred them to pieces from distance) so you shoot over bigger distance and they seldom hit what you need DIRECTLY due to their poor accuracy...People know that these things are not very effective against vehicles so they usually use it gainst emplacements and such so when it actually hits a vehicle, it is usually pure luck. I don't really see the problem here.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Ok, so i don't mind if you buff Tulips generally against PzIV such as D and E but this should exclude the JPzIV/L70 (specifically the one from TH doc) because of their extremely low profile... As I also believe that currently Tulips could easily kill IVH/J and Stugs already btw.. at least from what i have seen.
Anyway; in return, JP and JT should be much more resistant! And that's it then...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I just forgot why I stopped discussing anything here, thx for a reminder Tiger. No more comments.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Oh man, don't be like that! You see, Tiger was so kind that HE allowed ME to do some changes in the end. What's the prob...oh, wait what?! :D

Krieger Blitzer

JimQwilleran wrote:I just forgot why I stopped discussing anything here, thx for a reminder Tiger. No more comments.

Hmm?
is that's because you don't have anything else to say? Or are you pissed off at me now becuz Tulips will be nerfed against JT and JP?!

MarKr wrote:Oh man, don't be like that! You see, Tiger was so kind that HE allowed ME to do some changes in the end. What's the prob...oh, wait what?! :D

Goddammit :D
But does it really seem to you as such?
We just "agreed" together at the end.. it's not like I give you orders or anything, wtf!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Goddammit :D
But does it really seem to you as such?
We just "agreed" together at the end.. it's not like I give you orders or anything, wtf!
Well, this:
Ok, so i don't mind if you buff Tulips generally...
kinda sounded like what you mind or don't mind matters... :lol:

Krieger Blitzer

Huuuh.
Without me, you would have never found out so many things... Such as several bugs i reported before.. and now OP Tulips vs JT too.

I AM VERY IMPORTANT DUDE!!! :lol:

Just joking aside ^^

Frost

Post by Frost »

IT IS almost impossible to hit a JP or JT with Tulip because of there huge line of fire if you do that it means you tank is already lost and you cant do it behind a building so you have to do it with cover and also sometimes is impossible

btw even if it is doing insane damage what the point you have to be lucky to kill a JT or JP so yeah nerfing them will make them completely useless

or if you want to do that make at least rocket go above bushes and other things.....

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The Tulips are mostly anti-infantry weapon...Against buildings/emplacements you have AVRE, against tanks and other things you have 95mm Churchill...I don't really know why Tulips were added in the first place...

Krieger Blitzer

Frost wrote:IT IS almost impossible to hit a JP or JT with Tulip because of there huge line of fire if you do that it means you tank is already lost and you cant do it behind a building so you have to do it with cover and also sometimes is impossible

btw even if it is doing insane damage what the point you have to be lucky to kill a JT or JP so yeah nerfing them will make them completely useless

or if you want to do that make at least rocket go above bushes and other things.....

Sorry, but Tulips aren't supposed to kill a JagdTiger so easily like that... You can use mines and Comets or 17p emplacements in order to immobilize and destroy Axis heavy tanks.

Frost

Post by Frost »

this is why i made this post i want AOE to be fixed and to go above small things so i can finally have something to counter the mobile light art

i don't use it against armor anyway

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:The Tulips are mostly anti-infantry weapon...Against buildings/emplacements you have AVRE, against tanks and other things you have 95mm Churchill...I don't really know why Tulips were added in the first place...

you mean in game or reality? They are the tankbusting missiles the british airplanes used. In game never seen them used against inf.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Frost

Post by Frost »

so its gonna be reworked or something?

Krieger Blitzer

Yes, as MarKr already mentioned... Tulips will be nerfed against JagdTiger, JagdPanther.. but also buffed against some medium tanks.

Frost

Post by Frost »

Tiger1996 wrote:Yes, as MarKr already mentioned... Tulips will be nerfed against JagdTiger, JagdPanther.. but also buffed against some medium tanks.

hah ive already washed my hand from jagdtiger when it cant kill SP in 1v1 ITS so hilarious imo :lol:

Frost

Post by Frost »

without dying ofc i think it should knock pershing 1 hit tbh