Strafing.

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Krieger Blitzer

Strafing.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

By the way, the US strafe run doesn't hit friendly units.. which is something imported from the vanilla... While all other air strikes can be harmful to both enemy as well as friendly units; including your own.

I kept wondering for too long whether if i should finally speak about such a thing or not... Apparently, i guess it shouldn't be the case anymore.. if ever possible!

Viper

Re: Strafing.

Post by Viper »

yup it's ridiculous how it only hits enemy troops but never your units.

Krieger Blitzer

I really wonder why no one ever hinted about this before... Even when upgraded with AP bullets, the US strafing run would only hit enemy vehicles inside the targeted area.. but your vehicles are safe!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I really wonder why no one ever hinted about this before... Even when upgraded with AP bullets, the US strafing run would only hit enemy vehicles inside the targeted area.. but your vehicles are safe!

Because unlike bombs the area is pretty limited and thus you had to put it pretty accurately on the target. And that was an area where most likely no friendly unit would be. Besides that it was an underused ability back then in the days as most spend ammo for the 101st equipment and finally for the Fighter patrole.

And besides that many axis light armored vehicles, even open top like marder or self proppeled arty were not penetrated by AP shells (idk if its still the case).

So yeah, the main reason was probably as there was little AOE and thus unlikely to see friendly units in exactly that area.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I am sure that this is 100% intended by devs! I strongly believe that allied units should not be affected by their own strafing run, because recently I talked with everyone, and they told me they are fine with this. So I guess this will stay perfectly ok as it is :)!
There is no way that this is somehow a bug, it's like that from ages, so it must be intended, which is still perfectly fine as I strongly and firmly believe, just like the whole community. This is not a balance issue as I believe anyhow btw.
It is an equivalent for axis vehicles like marder or SP arty not being penetrated, which is perfectly fine, as I strongly believe, because of that fact, so it's ok! As intended feature of this mod, I won't let you talk about changing it at all, to be entirely honest btw!
Also don't be so sure it's from vanilla caus, it really makes much sense since allied pilots were considered superior, and they would never hit their own troops for sure :D. So it's very needed balance feature I won't let you change it!

I think we don't need to discuss this matter anymore, as we all agree that this won't be changed, I know Wolf too well btw. :) So please don't post anything more here.

This suggestion is a disgrace actually.

Cheers...

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Thx Nami, you brought a smile to my face. Damn. Solid impersonation, you have my respect :).

If I were to add something to the topic, sure, it should hit own units aswell. Though if you think of it, does mg fire hits own units? I don't think so.

P.S
This sentence structure REALLY got me :D
This is not a balance issue as I believe anyhow btw.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

There are no any bullets with friendly fire in game...simple as that.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@illa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Krieger Blitzer

Regularly, all kind of bullets are not harmful to any friendly units in the game, that's true.. but this is a strafing run airplane... It shoots a certain area; any units in that area should be subject to being hit; at least realism wise.

But whatever!

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Because other bullets shouldn't be harmful, realism wise? :D
But I agree.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

@illa
savage.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.