Pak36 bug

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Leonida [525]

Pak36 bug

Post by Leonida [525] »

Hi everyone, almost everytime when my pak36 loses his crew and is recrewed it's bugged, i can't use he rounds and i can't even move it, could you check this? thx :)

kwok
Team Member

Re: Pak36 bug

Post by kwok »

It's a pretty common problem without much workaround I think. I have a hunch why but maybe a dev will swoop down and explain it better first.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

kwok wrote:It's a pretty common problem without much workaround I think. I have a hunch why but maybe a dev will swoop down and explain it better first.

Thx, still waiting a dev reply :) .. it happens very often to me and my friends, it's really annoying

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So it seems devs are busy, I'll try to give some thought and maybe they can swoop down and correct me.

I think the reason why it bugs is because normally if a team weapon is cut down to 1 man, it will auto kill the last guy because the weapon itself needs at least two to operate its full potential (moving and shooting). But, devs had a pretty cool idea to set it up so that if a pak is down to one man, it can still shoot but cannot move.
Unfortunately it might have caused problems. Entities in Coh work in "states". If an entity, like a pak, is in a state like "set up" then it disables other functionalities. Each state has requirements. So a problem is if say the entity is transitioning from one state to another and something happens mid transition that the current situation doesn't meet the requirements of the state it is transitioning to, then the entity will be stuck in transition.

So one way to test is trying out scenarios where say you kill the pak crew while it is in normal deployed state, you can probably recrew with no bug. Even if you kill it completely while it is on the move, it should recrew with no problem. The problem SHOULD come up if you're in the middle from movement mode to deploy mode and it gets killed. The pak goes into the "I don't know" state.

I have some ideas for fixes, but I gotta check some stuff out first before I start spewing ignorance.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

May I ask - does this happen for both PE and WH versions or only one?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Both

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK and one more question, does this bug only occur with pak36, or any other AT gun too?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hm... Rarely with the others but I think it still does with the us 37mm