New maps / mappacks

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
kwok
Team Member

Re: New maps / mappacks

Post by kwok »

Short term solutions:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1097&p=12220#p12220
Disclaimer: add maps this way at your own risk.

I think there is nothing stopping you from playing maps you want, but I wouldn't expect an official map release soon cuz no one can or is willing to do the work in finding permissions to do maps.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

I dont know if all of you are agree with me, but many of these Tigers maps are to unbalance, overloaded...the best of all is "8p_Operation_Goodwood.sga" anda that is a BKModTip map I think
There are 3 or maybe 4 maps that can be played, but not the all packet

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

When will be ready the new oficial Mappack 2.0...??? I hope be ready by summer...could be...???

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

19 > 6P Kaiserslautern >> Author:- already mentioned on the loading screen of the map >>> Urban city map.

Excellent map my friend, good textures and well balanced resources...this is what I'm looking for as new maps
Cheers

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

"Tigers maps" ?! ^^

Just to clarify something really important here.. these are not 'my maps' and I don't own any of them.
All what I did here was that I only came across the so called 634 mappack which is a package that contains a lot of low quality maps of which were created by several groups... This mappack as far as I know was totally free and available for use to anyone who picks it up.

And it wasn't me who found the mappack even, as it was other players who knew about it at first.
Nevertheless, I still thought that it would be great if I search into the whole of this mappack one by one in order to find any good maps.. and those 20 recommendations were hopefully the best I could ever get to find, all the rest ones are nothing but simply trash on the other hand.
However that the "best of all the worst" maps are ONLY the first 8 2vs2 ones which I recommended on the first page... As I even didn't really like the map number 19 to be honest!

Plz try not to double post next time ;)

Henny

Post by Henny »

We need these new maps! Please release them !!
Dankman is a good guy

RommelsAfrikaKorps

Post by RommelsAfrikaKorps »

sometime soon hopefully

jimroyale

Post by jimroyale »

yeah please new maps,,, i would donate to the cause,,

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

new maps would be nice

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Im too for new maps,but not for maps where will be more bugs (cant nades throw from buildings, crash errors during playing...) , more bridges or map will be look like ImbecileLand...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Okay, I will put it this way, do somebody have maps that he can confirm that work with BK, work without crashing, work with replays and saves, can send me a SGA of it with preferably credits to authors? I would really like to make the mappack while checking all myself, but I realistically can't do that with the time I can devote to BK at the moment.

Krieger Blitzer

It's honestly fantastic to see that you are still around... As I have actually asked personally some of those who recently posted on this old topic above, to be doing so.. and thankfully enough; they did!
Nevertheless, they wouldn't have done that anyhow only cause I requested or whatever.. but clearly because we are all definitely sharing the exact same aspects of the problem... Which is obviously the serious need of new maps for Bk.
As we decided to raise up the request for new maps once more... While bringing up this topic again.

do somebody have maps that he can confirm that work with BK, work without crashing, work with replays and saves, can send me a SGA of it with preferably credits to authors?

Yes, we do! It's the 7 campaign maps converted by UKvaultman.
Here is the link;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gykb4 ... ULTMAN.zip

However, even though I totally understand and also appreciate how much u r busy atm.. I still believe 7 new maps is really good... But surely not enough!
So, how about the first 8 2vs2 maps I recommended on the first page? Here is the link;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3m1x ... narios.rar
Clarifying again; this link actually includes 46 maps, but I am only talking about 8 ones among them.. of which I elected earlier on the first page.

Their authors are known. And they are good maps, also working perfectly! And I have already made few pvp games on them with some Bk players.
Yet, the only issue is that after the game ends, their playback file lead to game crash.. I mean that their "temp.rec" has to be removed in order to access multiplayer without crashing. While I believe this is actually solvable... Specifically when keeping in mind that the new Afrika add-on maps used to have exactly the same issue, but now they are working very fine as they are integrated into the game itself! And not through an external map-pack btw.

Note:-
It would be so cool to hopefully have the new maps together with a small patch at the same time too. Just to finally fix the few bugs that were overlooked on the current version! :)

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

People could vote what maps they want

Krieger Blitzer

Alright Wolf... So, right now I have uploaded the 8 maps separately. I mean that from now on; you don't have to download all the 46 maps from the link above.. just in order to hopefully check only those 8 maps among them!

Here is a new link that only includes the first 8 maps mentioned on the previous page of this topic at the 20 top recommendations list:- (All 8 maps are 2vs2 ones)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ay6tp ... narios.zip

Endro told me he is soon going to post some good maps here as well... :)

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

Krieger Blitzer

So, Endro has actually finished creating the mappack v2. He also sent it in a private message to me and Wolf...

The mappack contains 21 maps in total, including only the 4 best maps of the 8 ones of which i recommended from my side before.. and like 5 UKvaultman maps too. The rest are a compilation of many different 1vs1, 2vs2, and 3vs3 maps.
About three 1vs1 maps, and also only a single 4vs4 map unfortunately. The remaining are mostly 2vs2 and 3vs3! Most of them were found at Relicnews forum. And some others were found at gamereplays.org as well...

This mappack includes only the BEST high quality maps we could ever find on the internet, with known authors, who have each credited themselves through the map "info" description button, and in some other cases.. they have even provided their names on the loading screens of which they have also created their own.

ALL these maps are eligible for free use, those who created the maps did NOT exclusively claim their maps as for a specific certain mod. But obviously anyone can use them. And even some of them were created mainly for the BK mod btw.. but for some reason, they were never used!

Endro has also fixed and tuned all maps. Replay files for these maps can now work... Should no longer crash when you click at "Multiplayer" as there is no need to remove the "temp.rec" file ANYMORE either.

ALL maps are also renamed with "BK MOD TIP 2:" So, here is the link:-
https://1fichier.com/?d58adnb3gn

And here is a list with the names of all the maps included:-

2p map:
____
2p_D913
2p_argentan_crossroads
2p_kurland_pocket

4p map:
____
4p_D913
4p_manor_hill
4p_Le_Paradis
4p_beaumont
4p_bizory
4p_bocage
4p_bretonneux
4p_d_day_plus_seven
4p_HighValley
4p_hinderdam
4p_martainville
4p_normandy
4p_road_to_caen

6p map:
_____
6p_Le_Paradis
6p_hedgegrow_war
6p_valley_conflict
6p_winter_stalemate

8p map:
_____
8p_berlin_1945

installing them is simple, you just have to replace the new Blitzkrieg.module with the current one inside your game.
And then go to your "Blitzkrieg" folder inside your CoH Relaunch in your "steamapps" folder.. open "Archives" and create a file under the name "Maps2" and then just paste the maps!

Now anyone can test all the maps himself ;)

ALL WHAT WOLF NEEDS TO DO NOW, is to just pack them up into an exe file.. and only release them probably altogether with or as soon as the next patch.

That's it!

Nugiman

Post by Nugiman »

Good news! But only one more 4on4 map is really low, im so sick of operation goodwood. I dont know the berlin map yet, but a few more variation wouldnt hurt ;)

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Nugiman wrote:Good news! But only one more 4on4 map is really low, im so sick of operation goodwood. I dont know the berlin map yet, but a few more variation wouldnt hurt ;)

4v4 lags. Something without many details would be good like desert maps

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Jagdpanther wrote:
Nugiman wrote:Good news! But only one more 4on4 map is really low, im so sick of operation goodwood. I dont know the berlin map yet, but a few more variation wouldnt hurt ;)

4v4 lags. Something without many details would be good like desert maps

Desert maps work fine for the pc but too often the gameplay on such maps is crap.... often boring campy shit with few long ranged weapons that cover entire areas while the others keep shooting nonstop with artillery. Thats why maps like graves bridges and the like are way more fun to play.

So we wont gain anything by getting more flat open boring desert maps.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Heeeeeeeeey Nuuuugiiii, it's really nice to see that you are actually still around. Keep on visiting the forum as much as you can!
Last month you told me u will be offline for like a year due to real life circumstances... But I really wish you would hopefully become available once again anytime earlier though :) I am sending you PM now ^^

Anyway; regarding 4vs4 maps... We honestly did our BEST to find more, but we were never able to :/

If ANYONE knows any good 4vs4 maps, then feel free to recommend them before it's too late! ;)

Nugiman

Post by Nugiman »

Tiger1996 wrote:Heeeeeeeeey Nuuuugiiii, it's really nice to see that you are actually still around. Keep on visiting the forum as much as you can!
Last month you told me u will be offline for like a year due to real life circumstances... But I really wish you would hopefully become available once again anytime earlier though :) I am sending you PM now ^^

Anyway; regarding 4vs4 maps... We honestly did our BEST to find more, but we were never able to :/

If ANYONE knows any good 4vs4 maps, then feel free to recommend them before it's too late! ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, but Im not back yet ;) started my travel only 3 weeks ago and going for at least 6 months, so it'll still take a while^^

Graves bridges is indeed a very good map, but laggy for most of the players.
Would be nice to have a few more 4on4 maps that are "save" to play for everyone without lag. Op goodwood is one of those "boring flat maps" too, but still its fun, right?

A pity i cannot check out maps with my smartphone, so i can not help you with that :(

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

hello there!

I'm very happy to see that we will have a new map pack from you guys. Thanks a lot for the huge amount of work you put in this mod since years!
I won't lie if i say that i'm even happier (and proud) that you included D913 and Berlin 1945 in it (latest versions are 0.98 for D913 and 0.76 for berlin).

Therefor, if its not too late, i just wanted to make sure to not miss this opportunity to update/include the following maps :

• Gazala (6) - updated to 0.63 (previous version in 1st mappack is 0.42!)
  • Autry (4) by Sarcasm - updated to 1.2 - HUGE SECTOR FIX (details bellow in notes)
  • Operation Goodwood (8) by Panzerwerk - updated to 1.4 - HUGE SECTOR FIX: same huge fix than in Autry, + tons of small fixes for object placements and various optimisation
  • Veules-les-Roses (6) - updated to 1.3 - lots of small fixes and atempts to optimize this map (because i know optimisation is its biggest flaw)

Download above's maps archive (mediafire)

Additionnal Notes:
  • Autry: Thanks to Sarcasm we have a nice 2v2 Conversion of this map. Unfortunatly, it suffered from Voronoi's automatic generation, and some sector's placement was wrong (causing AI bugs and gameplay was heavily impacted even in PvP). That's why i took the liberty to hotfix it.
  • Operation Goodwood: Everyone likes this great map conversion from Panzerwerk. Great map, great historical background also.. However it had the same Voronoi's automatic sector generation issue than Autry, plus it wasn't really suited for 4v4 pvp (the original map is made for Coh campaign, optimisation was build for only 1 player, which is a lot different than for 8). That's also why i took the liberty to hotfix its sectors, and did my best to improve the optimisation as much as i could (not perfect but its still worth beeing in the new mappack). I also expanded buildingg placements in all spawn locations as it was quite difficult to place buildings in certain spawns..
  • D913: probably my best map, not the most known, but its the most competitive for sure. its also the map i spent the most time on, and had the most feedbacks to improve it. Kudos to all players that helped me to improve it!
  • Berlin 1945: For those who are worried about lags in 4v4, i spent a huge amount of time to prepare Berlin to be well optimized, with the expercience i had after doing Veules (which major flaw was the optimisation).
    So i can tell that you wont lag in Berlin, as the map use lots of tricks to make sure of that.
  • Gazala: Lots of fixes and improvements (since v0.42 that is in old mappack).
  • Veules-les-Roses: As mentionned above, lot of work to attempt to fix the major issue of this map: optimisation (not perfect but its still worth beeing in the new mappack). I won't post the 4v4 version for obvious reasons.. unless asked to.

Letme know if its still possible to include above maps, or if you need more infos about those.
I know the map pack is supposed to be finished :? , but we dont have a new BK mappack everyday, and my last similar post for future mappack was lost in the previous forum.

Here is also more solid maps from GR's 2010 Contest that could suit very well to the mappack:
Egletons (2) by Cam51 - 2010 Relic/GR map contest winner!
Martainville (4) by Sylver
Hinterdam (4) by dcw.

I didn't included my Bloody Gulch because its not the same finition state as my other maps, despite gameplay beeing quite ok. If u still wanna have a look on this one, Bloody Gulch (6) v0.71 (on mediafire).
Last edited by Playmobill on 27 Sep 2016, 22:43, edited 2 times in total.
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Berlin is one of my prefered in 4 vs 4. I m not a pvp, but like map seems about symetric, it s probably fairly suitable. Only problem, if played with AI, is shared with all maps having rivers fords, bridges or narrow way : AI is poor for pathfinding that cause problem. 3vs3 farm Frenzy and 2vs2 hydrocomplex are quality maps just as Berlin and symetric.

Krieger Blitzer

Playmobill wrote:hello there!

I'm very happy to see that we will have a new map pack from you guys. Thanks a lot for the huge amount of work you put in this mod since years!
I won't lie if i say that i'm even happier (and proud) that you included D913 and Berlin 1945 in it (latest versions are 0.98 for D913 and 0.76 for berlin).

Therefor, if its not too late, i just wanted to make sure to not miss this opportunity to update/include the following maps :

• Gazala (6) - updated to 0.63 (previous version in 1st mappack is 0.42!)
  • Autry (4) by Sarcasm - updated to 1.2 - HUGE SECTOR FIX (details bellow in notes)
  • Operation Goodwood (8) by Panzerwerk - updated to 1.4 - HUGE SECTOR FIX: same huge fix than in Autry, + tons of small fixes for object placements and various optimisation
  • Veules-les-Roses (6) - updated to 1.3 - lots of small fixes and atempts to optimize this map (because i know optimisation is its biggest flaw)

Download above's maps archive (mediafire)

Additionnal Notes:
  • Autry: Thanks to Sarcasm we have a BK Conversion of this great map. However, it suffered from Voronoi's automatic generation, and sectors placement was wrong (making AI bug and gameplay was heavily impacted even in PvP). That's why i took the liberty to hotfix is.
  • Operation Goodwood: Everyone likes this great map conversion from Panzerwerk. However it had the same Voronoi's automatic sector generation issue than Autry, plus it wasn't really suited for 4v4 pvp (the original map is made for Coh campaign, optimisation was build for only 1 player, which is a lot different than for 8). That's also why i took the liberty to hotfix its sectors, and did my best to improve the optimisation as much as i could (not perfect but its still worth beeing in the new mappack). I also expanded buildingg placements in all spawn locations.
  • D913: probably my best map, not the most known, but its the most competitive for sure. its also the map i spent the most time on, and had the most feedbacks to improve it.
  • Berlin 1945: For those who are worried about lags in 4v4, i spent a huge amount of time to prepare Berlin to be well optimized, with the expercience i had after doing Veules (which major flaw was the optimisation).
    So i can tell that you wont lag in Berlin, as the map use lots of tricks to make sure of that.
  • Gazala: Lots of fixes and improvements (since v0.42 that is in old mappack).
  • Veules-les-Roses: As mentionned above, lot of work to attempt to fix the major issue of this map: optimisation (not perfect but its still worth beeing in the new mappack). I won't post the 4v4 version for obvious reasons.. unless asked to.

Letme know if its still possible to include above maps, or if you need more infos about those.
Here is more solid maps from GR's 2010 Contest that could suit to the mappack:
Egletons (2) by Cam51
Martainville (4) by Sylver
Hinterdam (4) by dcw.

I didn't included my Bloody Gulch because its not the same finition state as my other maps, despite gameplay beeing quite ok. If u still wanna have a look on this one, Bloody Gulch (6) v0.71 (on mediafire).

wow :shock:
I can't believe you are actually still around!! :o

Are u really Playmobil?? in his flesh? :D

Damn! I think we can definitely add those... Not late at all ;)

But wait, Egletons has already been there for ages.. in the current mappack.
Hinterdam and Martainville were added already through this new mappack, re-check the list! ^^

Or are these new versions as well? :)

Playmobill
Global Moderator

Post by Playmobill »

So niiiice!!

And i'm sorry again for the delay, i nearly missed this Topic,
when i saw it, i was very exited thats the least i can say

links are fresh so they should all work, let me know if you need additionnal infos.

PS: oh sorry for 2010 contest maps, i didnt saw em in the list before posting em. lucky i put em in separate links, so the 1st link i posted doesnt contain em. these 3 are not new version, i just didnt knew they were already in, and i though Egletons was in my added maps not in mappack :oops:

Thanks you very much again for the amazing work you guy put in this awesome mod!
" No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country. " George S. Patton