Maps are buggy

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
UndercoverMop

Maps are buggy

Post by UndercoverMop »

As the title says, my maps are buggy. Almost everything except for the landscape is there. The only signs that there was anything there is a shadow. Even my units are invisible. Everything is there, it's just invisible. And it looks like the models are bugging out and moving right in front of the screen. If I had to take a guess, I installed the mod wrong. I'm attaching some screenshots of what it looks like.
Attachments
20160624165110_1.jpg
Units can still move across bridges, but there is no bridge or units visible.
Units can still move across bridges, but there is no bridge or units visible.
One of the models bugging in front of the screen. It's constantly and rapidly moving them in and out of view and they cross over each other, sometimes making a lattice pattern.
One of the models bugging in front of the screen. It's constantly and rapidly moving them in and out of view and they cross over each other, sometimes making a lattice pattern.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Maps are buggy

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Could you post a screen capture of your graphic settings?

UndercoverMop

Post by UndercoverMop »

They're mostly set to low, I guess I forgot to change my settings.
Attachments
20160624203058_1.jpg

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

i've had this before... i can't remember how I fixed it. Is it for every map or only a few?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

UndercoverMop

Post by UndercoverMop »

Hmmm, odd. When I read your post and booted up the game to test the maps, I have essentially still the same problem (glitched models) but some of the details are different. For instance, I no longer get things flashing in the screen but instead the trees have a glitched model and there's an orchard on the same map (I think it's Hugel 112) that sometimes the trees in it are visible, but when viewed from a different angle are invisible. My infantry can be seen now, but they're silhouettes and they're in the T-pose for their in-game models. The quad .50 cal AA emplacement sandbags are blacked out, but at another angle are completely fine and properly filled in with color. To answer your question it would seem as if it appears on every map, but so far I've only tested about 5 maps total out of the whole game. It doesn't seem to be a very fair sample size for the entire condition of the game and the issues were different earlier today than they were 10 minutes ago when I retested the maps.
Attachments
Now the infantry are silhouettes and are in the T-pose.
Now the infantry are silhouettes and are in the T-pose.
It's the same on this map, as well. I think this map is Trun.
It's the same on this map, as well. I think this map is Trun.
The sandbags can be seen from this angle and are properly colored and filled in on the model.
The sandbags can be seen from this angle and are properly colored and filled in on the model.
The .50 cal AA emplacement sandbags are not visible from this angle.
The .50 cal AA emplacement sandbags are not visible from this angle.
In the orchard next to the trees, you can sometimes see the orchard and at other angles you cannot see the orchard, but the trees at the top of the screen disappear.
In the orchard next to the trees, you can sometimes see the orchard and at other angles you cannot see the orchard, but the trees at the top of the screen disappear.
The models for the tree are... well, not trees.
The models for the tree are... well, not trees.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

MODEL DETAILS need to be at MAX! the Physic on High! <---- mandatory, putting texture quality on high is recomended, Ultra if you have a good machine.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I had the same problem. Check if it's the same in vCoh not just bk. Probably is if your problem is like mine. haha I bet you alt tabbed to often.

Possible fixes:
Verify game cache.
Delete config file for game in your documents.

Sure fixes (I had to do every now and then):
Reinstall CoH (not BK. It's a CoH/graphics card maybe problem)
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

UndercoverMop

Post by UndercoverMop »

The model detail and physics changes made it work! You guys are lifesavers, thank you so much! My laptop was being repaired for about a month and all I wanted to play was this mod! Thanks a lot!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

UndercoverMop wrote:The model detail and physics changes made it work! You guys are lifesavers, thank you so much! My laptop was being repaired for about a month and all I wanted to play was this mod! Thanks a lot!

You're welcome ;) closed!