Sync Problem

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Devilz

Sync Problem

Post by Devilz »

Hello ,
First of all thanks to everyone who has worked on this masterpiece
I've been playing this mod for a long time but recently in th last few matches the game started to go out of sync for some reason.

It just like after 10-15 minutes everyone in the match in his own game there is no sync i cant see others' units its like they are stuck and im fighting alone

Happened few times - 2 players against expert , 3 vs expert and 4 vs expert

Second problem is I want to donate where is the link..

Thanks in advance.

Wolf
Administrator

Re: Sync Problem

Post by Wolf »

Devilz wrote:Hello ,
First of all thanks to everyone who has worked on this masterpiece
I've been playing this mod for a long time but recently in th last few matches the game started to go out of sync for some reason.

It just like after 10-15 minutes everyone in the match in his own game there is no sync i cant see others' units its like they are stuck and im fighting alone

Happened few times - 2 players against expert , 3 vs expert and 4 vs expert

Second problem is I want to donate where is the link..

Thanks in advance.

That is one of the things we probably can't really do anything about, it might be because of relic servers, as we saw people with other mods or even vCoH with the same problem. We would really like to solve it but we are kind of afraid its not really on our side. I'd suggest - try to change host, let somebody else host the game. Make sure that you have good internet connection and thats about it.

Devilz

Post by Devilz »

I see thank you Wolf
How can I donate?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

There is a button in menu of the forum on top, I colored it today, so that yellow thingy that says DONATE :d

FreddeSwede

Post by FreddeSwede »

Just for your info. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1070

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Wasn't that just a random thing? Annihilate is pretty much the same as fun mode except the popcap and resources.

FreddeSwede

Post by FreddeSwede »

Wolf wrote:Wasn't that just a random thing? Annihilate is pretty much the same as fun mode except the popcap and resources.

Hi Wolf. No it's actually not random like you suggest. We find that the AI is behaving differently as well. I'd say that the AI is more clever when playing Fun Mode than in Annihilation. I recommend you to try it out and see the difference for yourself.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

FreddeSwede wrote:
Wolf wrote:Wasn't that just a random thing? Annihilate is pretty much the same as fun mode except the popcap and resources.

Hi Wolf. No it's actually not random like you suggest. We find that the AI is behaving differently as well. I'd say that the AI is more clever when playing Fun Mode than in Annihilation. I recommend you to try it out and see the difference for yourself.

The power of auto persuasion :D.

Devs almost always say that "messing with AI is tough, you can easily break things so we usually avoid it".

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Comp stompers really need to start playing pvp more.. as there is no point at all to keep playing against AI opponents... I believe that currently the game is pretty much balanced as well, and almost 100% clean of any critical bugs so far! :)

stadtbub

Post by stadtbub »

Here is my Warning log shortly after we get a async with 3 Player vs 3 KI

22:40:24.01 RLINK -- local PeerID 3 LOCL ack= 0 ( 0ms~0) unack= 0, retry= 0, highwaterOOS=0 (ip=WINaddr:192.168.0.2:6112;), pending=0, dead=0, RS#=0/0
22:40:24.01 RLINK -- host PeerID 1 RELY ack=110 (354ms~13) unack= 0, retry= 0, highwaterOOS=0 (ip=WINaddr:10.0.0.1:6112;), pending=0, dead=0, RS#=109/109
22:40:24.01 RLINK -- PeerID 2 RELY ack= 91 (353ms~12) unack= 0, retry= 0, highwaterOOS=0 (ip=WINaddr:192.168.0.39:6112;), pending=0, dead=0, RS#=91/91
22:40:24.01 RLINK -- MessageCounts: inval=0/0, seek=0/0, join=0/0, ichk=0/0, sk_r=0/0, deny=0/0, Padd=0/0, Pdel=0/0, drop=0/0, data=981/488, mdat=0/488, voip=0/0, rchk=0/0, nudg=0/0, Thdr=0/0, Peer=5/5, PPrx=3/10, ping=0/0, Pfrg=0/0, rely=0/0, lb_p=2/2, lb_c=0/0, cast=0/0, cdat=485/0, sorq1=0/0, sorp=0/0, acto=0/0, spob=0/0, sorq2=0/0

Anyboda an idea ?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

well its coming from steam server i guess, can't do anything about it, it depends, if you got a micro disconection from ur side you get out of sync as the game still coming back to your current play, but your friends who didn't had disconection are ahead in the game compare to you, its the same with VCOH as well.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Synch problem is an old story. I m not sure sure old relic server or now steam server are responsible. It happen also in lan where there is no server, except we considere the host computer as the server.

You want laught ? it happened to me in solo game.

Explaination ; I have period when I test a lot, and use replay to analyse results. In have replays, who started like game I played, but after a time, diverged and were no more the game I played. Typically in replay for these ghost games -- disconnected -- there is few activity on battleground when AI spawn endlessly troops that stay where created.

I have only one advice, that come from experience. In multiplayer, set graphic to minimun. It will reduce risk. Desynch could be caused by several things, but the less game will lag, the less risk you take. The only setting I will not recommand to minimum is models détails that allows you to see units far away on the maps. It s very unconfortable to play without this one at max.

stadtbub

Post by stadtbub »

For us is the Mod unplayable with this problems :(

Today 9 Try´s and 9 Desync.... different Maps, Different Graphicsettings.... no chance. Maximum Playtime 10 !!! Mins -.-

3 x 200.000 Mbit Connections - Hostchange etc....

RIP BK Mod it was a nice time....

:(

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

stadtbub wrote:For us is the Mod unplayable with this problems :(

Today 9 Try´s and 9 Desync.... different Maps, Different Graphicsettings.... no chance. Maximum Playtime 10 !!! Mins -.-

3 x 200.000 Mbit Connections - Hostchange etc....

RIP BK Mod it was a nice time....

:(

like i said its not coming from the mod, do you have the right bk patch updated? your installation is clean? do you have the steam COH? etc...

stadtbub

Post by stadtbub »

Yes i know.... but the problems are a Kickoutscenario for this great Mod (and the game itself), thats the main problem :(

stadtbub

Post by stadtbub »

Sooo....

15 Games (15 Different Maps / Different Doctrins, German, British, American etc....) 15 Times Desync after 20 - 25 Minutes ....

Testing with 2 ,3 and 4 Human Players vs KI ......

So Ladies and Gents - after many Games and funny evenings now Time to say Goodbye :(
FOR ME THIS GREAT MOD IS DEAD !
Bye Bye Everyone :(

autraymond

Post by autraymond »

try playing a 2v2 with your mates or some other people, desync is pretty common vs ai
"There are 2 kind of people who play CoH, those who only play Axis and those who don't give a f***!" - Kwok 2021

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

autraymond wrote:try playing a 2v2 with your mates or some other people, desync is pretty common vs ai

pretty common... I would say typical for multicoop ; players team vs AI team. Asking peoples to play only pvp is not a solution. Peoples who play theses games have a reason, and often dont want to play pvp instead.

desynch usually happen when game is hanged. That means the more units there is and the biggest is the maps, the more risk you have to desynch.

It is true desynch happened also at vcoh, but it is also true bk mod makes things worst.