AB masacrew and another world record by Dr.

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

AB masacrew and another world record by Dr.

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Operation Goodwood

Allies:

MG42slo (SVT) - CW arty
HaryPL - RAF
BUCO - Armor company
Me - AB

Axis:

Dr. (SVT) - Tank Hunters
RosomahaUA - BK
I'm back - SE
Wurf - Terror

Dr. made the biggest tank kills score I have ever seen, 39 killed tanks by Jagdpanther. From my side you will see lots of high veted 101s and crazy effectivness of airstrikes.
Attachments
temp.rec
(9.68 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Jagdpanther

Re: AB masacrew and another world record by Dr.

Post by Jagdpanther »

This topic should be called "Michael Wittmann on the battlefield"

Very nice game

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I'll probably not watch it, but -

"crazy effectivness of airstrikes."

Was that due to no or not a lot of AA or not? Because one thing players kind of not understand about planes is that while AA stuff is usually being used by infantry, you should definitely build them a lot for AA if AB and RAF / luft are ingame.
If there was a lot of AA and airstrikes were still very effective, then something might be wrong.

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Of course,there is something wrong, such as a airstrike as yesterday, I have not seen from bombing on Dresden in the 1945 year ... :D
Last edited by Wurf on 17 Apr 2016, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

And did you accordingly build AA due to air doctrines? As that is something that players forget because it wasn't that needed before.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I don't think anything is wrong with airstrikes.
However that 39 tanks absolutely without any AI kills included?? Hohoho.
Well, really impressive indeed.. as that it's even much more than most of my previous records with the Tiger tank! My highest or probably the most successful record of mine with the Blitz Tiger in a pro pvp match was 17 tank kills also without any AI kills included; talking about this old game called "Supreme epic!! A must to immediately see now." since long time ago at v485 against Cyberzombie and Butterkeks, Zhivago was on my team too but he played SE if I remember correctly.
Now hings have changed and he scores 39 with a JP! Okay, definitely going to watch this game once I ever get to have the chance maybe on an internet caffe computer or something... :)
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 17 Apr 2016, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Yeah, that is probably the "useless TH".. ;p

Krieger Blitzer

Don't forget that things have changed since then, I surely wouldn't say TH is useless anymore ^^ VS ability for JP is now performing just like the ALRS.. and the F1 has also added a lot! So ya... I would never say TH is useless currently anyhow :)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Iam not really fan of veteran/longrange etc shots.. but it wasn't such a change...

Krieger Blitzer

I am afraid that without long range shot abilities.. there would be simply no point at all to deploy a Tiger anytime! Maybe always Panthers then... Or how exactly are u going to have any possible kind of chances with such an expensive tank like the Tiger up against much cheaper Fireflys, Achilles, Hellcats, Comets and Jacksons or even also cheaper Pershings now??!! The ALRS is the only thing that truly keeps the Tiger unique or somewhat preferred over the Panther.
IF there is no ALRS, u could probably remove the Tiger entirely from this game as a result... So, just keep that in mind!

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Wolf wrote:And did you accordingly build AA due to air doctrines? As that is something that players forget because it wasn't that needed before.

Most of the time they didnt have a single AA vehicle

@Tiger

Ye, there was no single AI frag.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I guess atleast 2 AA per air doctrine would be adequate, so 4 in total.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Wolf wrote:I'll probably not watch it, but -

"crazy effectivness of airstrikes."

Was that due to no or not a lot of AA or not? Because one thing players kind of not understand about planes is that while AA stuff is usually being used by infantry, you should definitely build them a lot for AA if AB and RAF / luft are ingame.
If there was a lot of AA and airstrikes were still very effective, then something might be wrong.

I'm not sure how other AA vehicles perform but puma in AA mode is completely useless, i put 2 of them exactly on the airplanes route and not a single one was shot down.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Wolf wrote:I guess atleast 2 AA per air doctrine would be adequate, so 4 in total.

What do you mean per air doc? I mean unless they always synchronize the planes call-ins, isn't it irrelevant how many air docs the opponents have? It's always just one plane at the time (not counting patrol and bait recon).

Once I've built 4 def doc flaks on Duclair, evenly distributed. Still didn't stop the raids. However, Sukin told me def doc flaks were always useless against planes, so dunno.
Other time we had 4 mobelwagens on Autry, still didn't stop the raids. Though Autry doesn't have base AA, who knows....
On the other hand, often happens that plane is shot down simply by base AA, so it seems pretty random to me overall.

P.S. If AA vehicle has both AP and HE rounds, does it matter which do I use against planes? Since both are basically ground ammo types.
P.S.S It is possible to actually decide from which direction will the plane come? Or it is chosen randomly or always the longest trajectory? (E.g if i call in plane horizontally, can I decide if it enters the map from right or left side?)
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Longest trajectory.

And its not irrelevant simply because if they would have 1 air doc, then you "could" afford to lose some tanks or whatever once in the while, but if you'd built 2 AA against 4 air doctrines, then you are not covering your tanks very efficiently. On the other hand having like 8 AAs against 1 air doctrine is overkill and you are wasting pop/manpower.

Also of course you cover more space with more AA.

The numbers are my rough personal opinion, I had quite a sucess with 2 AAs protecting my main front line, but you can have different experience and yeah, we can tune up some AAs again. Airstrikes should be effective, but there should always be a risk of just losing munni.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

The smaller map is, the more devastating airstrikes you get, for instance, Duclair and Autry are so small and narrow that its very easy for a plane to reach the target.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Aand that too..
Speaking of Duclair and Autry, I don't get why somebody still plays them, two maps I definitely not play against leveled opponents.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Airstrikes op 2 times, last airstrike feels like sector long tom + air can drope ammo... only panthers can survive sometimes.
Why oneshot something ok for allies? long tom, raf strike, usa aristrike 90% times oneshot 750-1400mp units, than stuka fire and oneshot 300mp sherman this OP like hell.

Another thing, all speak about that but no one wrote here, sniper spam, they should cost more or limited to 1.

Krieger Blitzer

Oh yes btw, the tulip rockets are just too brutal currently according to the reports which I have recieved from some players... Actually those players told me that it's more like guided walking Stuka missiles right now!
The ability costs only 30 ammo and fires such 2 deadly rockets that are capable of knocking out a Panther in 1 hit.. the upgrade costs only 50 ammo... Not to mention that this Sherman is very cheap already, yet I am definitely aware that this Tulip upgrade is limited to be upon only 2 Shermans at a time.. however that the range is probably still even higher than the ALRS! 4 rockets are currently enough to kill a JT as I have heard. If this is true; then I guess it can be a very big problem with such a cheap cost and availability... We will either have to tune it down or greatly increase the price of these rockets!
Anyone else tried it out? I am curious to know the truth.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:Oh yes btw, the tulip rockets are just too brutal currently according to the reports which I have recieved from some players... Actually those players told me that it's more like guided walking Stuka missiles right now!
The ability costs only 30 ammo and fires such 2 deadly rockets that are capable of knocking out a Panther in 1 hit.. the upgrade costs only 50 ammo... Not to mention that this Sherman is very cheap already, yet I am definitely aware that this Tulip upgrade is limited to be upon only 2 Shermans at a time.. however that the range is probably still even higher than the ALRS! 4 rockets are currently enough to kill a JT as I have heard. If this is true; then I guess it can be a very big problem with such a cheap cost and availability... We will either have to tune it down or greatly increase the price of these rockets!
Anyone else tried it out? I am curious to know the truth.

I use tulips for a long time, and never seen them killing anything bigger than Panzer IV. They can immobilize sometimes, but most of the time I dont use them vs tanks. Killing Jagdtiger with them is completely impossible :).

Krieger Blitzer

I have also never seen it happening, but according to what some players have informed me.. they are recently killing the JT with ease... This is only 4 rockets from 2 Shermans for just 60 ammo in total at such an amazing range; So, my question here again... Have anyone here tried them out RECENTLY or not?!
That's all.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

I tried tulips and they are just slightly better than before, its quite impossible to kill anything bigger than pz4 with them...

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

My sp had once 150 inf kills 60 tanks 20 light vehicle and 3 Buildings soo... and they were no bots..

Edit: there is also a replay of that somewhere here
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

TH is not useless, it's boring and not versatile

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Indeed, I would say that it's the most narrow specialized doctrine in game.