4.9.6 HE Rounds

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Paine

4.9.6 HE Rounds

Post by Paine »

One-shot targeted HE rounds from tanks miss almost every time since the patch

Jagdpanther

Re: 4.9.6 HE Rounds

Post by Jagdpanther »

there is no 4.9.6 patch

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

It must be that he actually meant 495.. but no, I remember very well the games I had on the beta versions... And I think that most HEs are currently working much better than ever before!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Before the patch it happened very often that the shot hit something on the way (bush, fence etc.) we made some changes in order to fix this or at least improve the situation and when I tested it, it seemed to perform better. It still hits some obstacles sometimes but it seemed way better than before.
Is there anyone else who observed the HE shots work worse than before?

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

they work better but not by much, still missing crucial shots with no obstacles in the way

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I actually dont feel any difference, they fail just as often as usual. And I do not recommend anyone to use them at all, 25 ammo for upgrade + 25 for each shot which can fail anytime, pffff, not worth it.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, so some of you feel no difference, some feel very slight improvement and some drastic performace drop...I'm a bit confused :D.

PiotrW

Post by PiotrW »

MarKr wrote:OK, so some of you feel no difference, some feel very slight improvement and some drastic performace drop...I'm a bit confused :D.

Was last "HE fix" applied to all HE capable units ??

Puma or perma-HE tanks works much better in 4.9.5. But in my opinion, other timed/pay-per-shot HE units still miss a lot.
Panther HE round usually hit the dirt 1-2m closer than targeted point, Jagdtiger still blows huge holes right in front of tank :P
Sure, it depend on terrain/obstacles, but... HE effectiveness is random.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

MarKr wrote:OK, so some of you feel no difference, some feel very slight improvement and some drastic performace drop...I'm a bit confused :D.

They don't work good enough to be used, it's a waste of ammo no one will risk ammo on a russian roulette. I said i think they work a little better but im not sure if there is any difference, i think it was more of a placebo, i wanted them to work better :D.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Generally after all, I was always with the idea of converting all the current single shot HEs to the timed HE system.. the single shot HE system on the other hand has simply proved to be such a big fail kind of project for this game to be honest!

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

They perform absolutely the same, mostly hitting dirt, occasionally hitting right in the middle of blob doing godly damage, that's what they've been doing always. I would agree on changing all to timed HE, it's much reasonable deal for the ammo.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Most of the times the HE shots who go into the dirt is because the shot has been perform in front of a bumpy terrain or a non flat ground, if you want you HE hitting your target at 100%, do not shoot in front of a bumpy terrain.

Paine

Post by Paine »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Most of the times the HE shots who go into the dirt is because the shot has been perform in front of a bumpy terrain or a non flat ground, if you want you HE hitting your target at 100%, do not shoot in front of a bumpy terrain.

It doesn't hit 100% on flat ground though, not even close!

If the rounds are timed instead of one-shot, it would not only make the muni worth it, it would force the player to make a trade-off decision, what if there is an enemy tank in the fog of war behind that blob?

I'm not a great player, but as it is now, ideally I try to use high supression HE vehicles like flak or AA beside tanks to prevent blobs from sprinting up.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Agreed with previous orators. 8-)
And I add that Grille "short shot" (one directly fire shot on short distance) is failing often too. :!:

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

yea automatic HE should replace them

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

I agree to make them timed, maybe for less seconds than other tanks

Viper

Post by Viper »

also agreed to change all the single shot high explosives to timed system , but this can't work with the jagdtiger . the high explosives of this tank maybe can be changed to a marked ability instead :!: i mean just like the HEAT rounds for example . you should select the ability and choose a certain target to order the jagdtiger to shoot it with an HE round .

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Very good idea Seha.

Paine

Post by Paine »

I found a way around the misses: enable HE, then use direct fire mode, control where it hits yourself. Just tried it once with the PE Sherman call in.