The elected maps!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

The elected maps!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Ladies and gentlemen... Believe it or don't.. but I have actually went through the whole 634mappack one by one! Not alone though, since that gratefully Eldrak1911 has also provided some help with the 1st pack; however that in fact I then had to do both the 2nd as well as the 3rd packs all alone because Eldrak has later suddenly became too busy.

Anyway; I really can't tell u how much time I spent on this. But I believe it's worth it... As I have finally finished selecting the best possible maps I could ever manage to find within such a huge map pack which is full of totally messed up maps after all.. out of which ONLY 46 maps had been hopefully selected from it.
The majority is 2vs2 maps, 33 ones! Then comes the 3vs3 maps being not more than 9.. and just four 4vs4 maps in total so far...

Here is the link:-
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/ef ... 009/fd5d11
WILL BE EXPIRED IN 2 WEEKS.
Just copy the maps to ur "C:\Users\ 'username' \Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios" and that's it.. keep in mind that they will surely have this so called 'temp.rec glitch' once u click on multiplayer, shall be fixed for sure if they ever got included on the next patch.

Note:- There are 2 nicely enhanced versions here of the both the already existing maps; Red Ball Express and Alsace Moselle.

Quickest way to check or take a look at each map;
Load the map against an AI.. once u r in... From "Menu" go and choose 'Quit to main menu', as it will then ask u whether if u would like to view the map or not, click "Yes" for sure... After it.. click at 'Menu' again then click on 'Resume', this way u could fully see the whole map clearly without any fog of war represented! And finally, always keep in mind that replays surely won't work until they all get to be included on the next patch hopefully.

I am publicly uploading the maps only for testing reasons and reviewing purposes.. so that we get enough feedback from you guys regarding them... I can assure to u guys that not a single map has got any free weapons to be picked up from the ground or even others to be captured.. there is also enough place at ur base for HQ buildings, all the maps should be working fine... But what I am asking here from u guys.. is more specifically to just test whether if any map has got any kind of problems with the off-map unit call ins or not!

These together also with those;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp24cqjko1jcf ... 9.rar?dl=0 We could then get 53 decent new maps by the next release! ^^

Sincerely... Cheers :)

Viper

Re: The elected maps!

Post by Viper »

Great Work Keep up

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Black swamp and high valley cool maps Keep them !
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I liked some of the 3v3 maps. Some of them I already considered myself, so I fixed those that we both found agreeable. You got any more 4v4s? Tbh I didn't really like the ones provided.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Black swamp and high valley cool maps Keep them !

Yes, Black Swamp is a really nice mud map.. High Valley is an excellent open map just like Langres but much bigger on the other hand...

Anyway; here is also a 2vs2 game on the snow map called 'Bizory', it is too funny to see that it's actually created by someone called "Nobody 2008" :D But it's surely not Mr.Nobody whom we all know.. as it's a totally different person; just saying! :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb-jH8iU388

The best 46 maps which I have chosen contain in total not more than just 3 snow maps, since I am definitely aware that generally Bk1 in actuality does have nothing any distinguished considering the snow game-play conditions. But the map was still cool though ^^
And btw, maybe half of the 33 2vs2 ones can also fit as 1vs1 maps too ;) I advice all of u to download the 46 maps right now before the link get to be expired, as I might be unable to upload them once again anytime soon. However that probably I will try to do that LATER or perhaps I will ask someone else to do it if I were yet unable to do so.

I have previously mentioned in another topic how to use the Vaultman maps as well, that's why I didn't mention it above once more.. but here is the way once again for those who doesn't know;
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=338#p10657

@Kwok;
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1010
So I fixed the temp bug with maps. I've successfully added a bunch of maps to my own game without clashing versions with other players.
I'm looking for more maps though, especially of the 4v4 type. I'm trying to get a really varied selection and I haven't found really good 4v4 bk maps (and by 4v4 I really mean 3v3 bk, 4v4 vcoh).

Let me know if you guys have a few maps you think would be good in bk. I won't promise I'll fix them, I'm pretty stubborn with maps I think are good for bk, but I'll help out in making an actual useable map pack.

Well.. good to see that someone successfully made it alone, at least this means that doubtlessly now... MarKr or maybe Wolf could also make it! Of course gratefully then ^^
I wouldn't ask how u fixed it though; since that JFF1 who encountered the same problem in the past while adding the Afrika maps to his addon, has already told me the method of how to fix the temp.rec glitch.. as I also therefore recently shared it with MarKr before.

kwok wrote:I liked some of the 3v3 maps. Some of them I already considered myself, so I fixed those that we both found agreeable. You got any more 4v4s? Tbh I didn't really like the ones provided.

Sadly, these were all the good 4vs4 maps that I was hardly able to find.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hmm... I only sifted a few out myself.
You sure they know how to fix it? I don't doubt that they knew at some point, but there are some hidden maps I uncovered that weren't "enabled" in bk. They were actually really interesting. I re-enabled them for myself. Blija, gambits down, and a few others I pulled from the map pack but really not a lot. Maybe I'll try my hand at making my own one day.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Yes, I bet they know how to fix... I also think the maps u have mentioned however are actually not included within these 46 maps which I have chosen.. so I don't know about them.
If those 46 maps ever got implemented; they will have to be more likely attached to the Bk mod itself and not to be through an external map pack anyhow, and that's the only possible way to avoid this temp.rec glitch as far as I know!

Krieger Blitzer

Well.. I have now uploaded the 46 maps also on MediaFire, so... Even if that link which is provided above has ever been expired anytime; this one instead should be then working forever:-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3m1x ... narios.rar

MrEasyUK

Post by MrEasyUK »

I noticed that you have a map pack full of SGB files, if you like I can pack these in to SGA's?

Krieger Blitzer

Feel free to do whatever u want :)

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

how to install them? i copied one in ww2/scenarios but it doesn't show up

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Sga or sgb? Which folder, in documents or steam folder?

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

in C:\Users\ 'username' \Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios

in steam folder there is no scenarios

i copied both the folder and directly the files, all of them not just sga (im talking about this maps https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp24cqjko1jcf ... 9.rar?dl=0 )

Krieger Blitzer

Jagdpanther wrote:in C:\Users\ 'username' \Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios

i copied both the folder and directly the files, all of them not just sga (im talking about this maps https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp24cqjko1jcf ... 9.rar?dl=0 )

Read what I wrote here;

Tiger1996 wrote:I have previously mentioned in another topic how to use the Vaultman maps as well, that's why I didn't mention it above once more.. but here is the way once again for those who doesn't know;

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Tiger1996 wrote:
Jagdpanther wrote:in C:\Users\ 'username' \Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios

Read what I wrote here;

Tiger1996 wrote:I have previously mentioned in another topic how to use the Vaultman maps as well, that's why I didn't mention it above once more.. but here is the way once again for those who doesn't know;

thanks

MrEasyUK

Post by MrEasyUK »

Wait a second why are they in SGB format lol, I already posted a link with the SGA containing all UKValtmans maps that I packed for him personally, why have you unpacked them and posting them as SGB which is pointless?