Actual SYSTEM requirement of BKMOD???

Talk about CoH2 or BKMOD2 in general.
McCracker42o

Actual SYSTEM requirement of BKMOD???

Post by McCracker42o »

HI all

I just bought myself a high-end gaming laptop with following specs

GTX 950m v2 4GB

Processor: i7 6700HQ 2.6Ghz ( turbo up to 3.5)

RAM: 8GB

So i installed COH and then BK mod and this game lags at Med-HIgh settings. Is it a game bug or am I still slow?

I play other games on ultra and works fine...

Eldrak1911

Re: Actual SYSTEM requirement of BKMOD???

Post by Eldrak1911 »

GTX 950m v2 4GB
Processor: i7 6700HQ 2.6Ghz ( turbo up to 3.5)

This is not what i would call a high end gaming laptop... First, the 950 is a low end card. (In Nvidia it's like this 50 < 60 < 70 < 80). Second, I7 with only 2.6ghz in standard mode... Lel.

But we're not here to talk about that. In fact, bk mod requires way more ressources than the vanilla coh. So, it's not a bug, and you're not slow either. But, some tweaks could help you. Use the shader only on high, not on ultra. And same for models iirc.

Oh, and don't use the high resolution texture for the ground, they are not worth the rez the pc will use for it.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Uhhh... Not High End?

Well I play most of the 2015 games on full high/ultra without any lags. Or is it that COH is a processor based game, I mean it depends on CPU more? ( I do also know that games like Black Ops 3 and fallout requires 3.0Ghz of processor and it still works fine on my turbo-ed 3.5Ghz but lags when turbo is off)

I don't know tho... When I'm playing COH TOV my turbo goes up to 3.5Ghz and STAYS at that, then not sure why is bk mod lagging...

well I play on 1920x1080 or full resolution.. with Med-High settings... I did disable the HD ground textures from the launcher...

what tweaks would you suggest?

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

I don't know tho... When I'm playing COH TOV my turbo goes up to 3.5Ghz and STAYS at that, then not sure why is bk mod lagging...
As i said, bk mod is requiring way more ressources than vcoh.

This is simple. Don't use any settings upper than high. Don't touch ultra. De-activate anti-aliasing (In order to test).

Well I play most of the 2015 games on full high/ultra without any lags. Or is it that COH is a processor based game, I mean it depends on CPU more? ( I do also know that games like Black Ops 3 and fallout requires 3.0Ghz of processor and it still works fine on my turbo-ed 3.5Ghz but lags when turbo is off)

And i maintain my opinion, this is not a high end pc. I'm not speaking in what you feel in game, i'm just speaking technically ^^
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

It's not about PC, it's about the engine of the game. It's too old to support good hardware and high demand of bk mod alike. Just like that.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

ultra shader setting is the buggiest to have on bk, it is not stable no matter the hardware and yes exactly what illa said. the old engine cannot take full advantage of ur pc's hardware

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

Even though I play a 2 on 2 with AI on Low-Medium settings I still get heavy lag at later stages of the game.. but when I play an INFANTRY ONLY match 4 on 4 with med-high settings no lags is in game...just a frequent loss of smoothness that won't last even 4secs.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Ultra shaders isn't supported by the COH1 engine.

McCracker42o

Post by McCracker42o »

so anyone here who plays the game smooth no lag and with what settings and what system specs?