Trade breaker ability and heavy tanks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Trade breaker ability and heavy tanks

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Can we just prohibite to use it on heavies? That one of the biggest reasons why nobody use Superpershing in big games, it just getting rushed with Schrecks frontally and immobolized, same to tigers, im not sure about other usa docs, but inf doc at team with 3 upgraded zooks also can immobolize panthers and tigers. Moreover its ability just stupid as hell, have better range than tanks, never missing and gives 1 more shot without reloading.

I have three variants, lets discuss.
1) Remove it completely.
2) Prohibite to use on heavy tanks. (SP, Persh, Church Ace, Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther)
3) Make it available only while at team is ambushed or garrisoned.

Warhawks97

Re: Trade breaker ability and heavy tanks

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Can we just prohibite to use it on heavies? That one of the biggest reasons why nobody use Superpershing in big games, it just getting rushed with Schrecks frontally and immobolized, same to tigers, im not sure about other usa docs, but inf doc at team with 3 upgraded zooks also can immobolize panthers and tigers. Moreover its ability just stupid as hell, have better range than tanks, never missing and gives 1 more shot without reloading.

I have three variants, lets discuss.
1) Remove it completely.
2) Prohibite to use on heavy tanks. (SP, Persh, Church Ace, Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther)
3) Make it available only while at team is ambushed or garrisoned.

I am talking about it over and over and over.... this ability turns zooks and schrecks into long range quickfire weapons. With treadbreaker ability its possible to rush a persh in a singlr run. normal shot, then 2-3 further ability shots.

Long long time ago i suggested something for at squads to give order to concentrate fire on critrical parts. Doing so would increase the chance for cirt hit but would increase aim time and maybe reducing damage when aiming the treads and not the hull. It wouldnt be an ability.

This tread breaker is freacking annoying, Just at squads get pretty OP with it. But its also BS to use this ability with 37 mm pak HT from PE, hitting jumbo frontally and causing no damage but engine destroyed. Hilarious.

It can be used against super heavies like Stupa, JT,Kt, elephant.

so for balance, fun, historcial, gameplay and other reasons remove that shit. Units that can do so are:

US and WE AT squad, Boys-AT, Panther G (it least the old could), PE HT with 37 mm gun. Did i forget one?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Yes good you mention it again. It's like the 10th time we talk about this. There is no tactic at all in that in it's very frustrating. I would really like to seeing it removed.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

"Sarge! I have the tracks all aimed up, ready to fire?" ~Grunt
"Nope, sorry kid, we must be invisible an/or inside a building to aim for the tracks" ~Sarge
"God damnit! I hate these damn rules!" ~Grunt

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:"Sarge! I have the tracks all aimed up, ready to fire?" ~Grunt
"Nope, sorry kid, we must be invisible an/or inside a building to aim for the tracks" ~Sarge
"God damnit! I hate these damn rules!" ~Grunt

:D
"Sarge! I have the tracks all aimed up, ready to fire?"
"Nope, sorry kid, we must wait 200 seconds for cooldown and i dont have 75 ammo right now"

"Commander, they shoot at us with schrecks and i cant fire so far with my main gun! why?"
"They just payed 75 ammo for a special ability, when the schreck will hit us now or touching the ground in front of us our engine will blow up!"

you see its the same shit

Well, i said that i would rather have some kind of "priority aiming". Order squad to aim at tracks etc would increase chance to immobilize tanks or doing other crits that reduces flexibility of enemie tank but chance for high damage hits would be reduced. This would work only on short, maybe mid range. On long range nobody would be able to aim on crit parts on that range. There it would be all about luck to do some crit as nobody could say where the rocket will hit.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

If we apply my logic, nothing works, so I suggest never following it, I do it as I get bored, and it's funny.

It's like my previous "Sarge" and "Grunt" scenario on the previous forum about the not being able to access the HE ammo due to a timer, and munitions fee.

But yeah, if we play out this situation with anything in this game, it would show how flawed it is.

And about priority aiming, this would be very useful, like if you could select an option for "Target Close Enemies" the squad would target the enemy closest to them, which would help prevent grenade throwers getting into range, and would save the effort of needing to micro it.
Last edited by V13dweller on 31 Dec 2014, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Well...if nothing else the range for tread breaker ability could get lowered so the infantry would need to get closer...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Well...if nothing else the range for tread breaker ability could get lowered so the infantry would need to get closer...

just kick it out.... There is already a chance by default to deal crit damage so why we do need that?

Its not the range only. Its because a shot hits the ground or hits the tank frontally, deals 0 damage but engine is destroyed... wtf.
The rapid fire possible by using that

and other stuff that is super annyoing. Kick it simply.

If you want increase simply the chance by deault to deal crit damage the closer the enemie tank is....

I mean not even vcoh has something like that or only a single unit....

It might be a "feature" but again a annyoing feature. More realism here would be the better "feature" instead having such a silly and unrealistic ability.

Long time ago ive been writting about such unrealistic abilites/features. For example "suppressing Tanks" with bren is also stupid. I mean a Guy with Bren can pin/suppress a Tank and even King tiger etc afaik... what a bs.

Talking about nasty things there is also the "Hit and run" for M10 wolverine and achilles. Cost 60 ammo and the enemie is "stunned" or catched or in discription "surprised" or whatever and unable to do something lmao. But the shots itself by M10 doing nothing, seems like not even leaving the barrel. Its never used anyway. I can open a topic about that as well if you wish.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Glad we all agree. Could we see it then removed in the next version?

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

Using common sense, if you knew your gun could not penetrate the armour of an enemy tank, I would aim for the tracks, as then at least I can stop the vehicle in it's tracks (Pun intended)

So I beleive this ability should stay on lower caliber AT guns or vehicles, as it's the logical thing to do,

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Ok for lower caliber AT guns or vehicles, but not for infantry

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:Using common sense, if you knew your gun could not penetrate the armour of an enemy tank, I would aim for the tracks, as then at least I can stop the vehicle in it's tracks (Pun intended)

So I beleive this ability should stay on lower caliber AT guns or vehicles, as it's the logical thing to do,

sure would be logical to do so but it doesnt have to be an ability. kind of "priority aiming" would be better. Also even if the guy with the AT weapon know that the weapon cant penetrate the enemie armor he still has to be close enough to aim on those critical parts. Actually he need to be very close considering the overall bad accuracy of hendheld AT.

Also every Pak, tank and vehicle would have such an ability then. Vehicles like Greyhounds and stuarts, 28 mm panzerbüchse, Puma etc would also try to hit treads of enemie tanks. So that a few units have such an ability while others not makes also no sense. Every men with an AT weapon or gun would aim for treads of enemie tanks when being aware that the weapon cant penetrate the normal armor of the enemie Tank.