Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.5.0 Changelog Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Wake

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.5.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Wake »

MarKr wrote:
-New US 30 Cal MG Emplacement has no Armor Piercing Burst and no Suppression Fire abilities like the old one. AP rounds to counter light vehicles and suppression fire was an instant-pin on any enemy infantry.

The 30cal emplacement replaces the US garisonable one - it also had no abilities.

It did, didn't it? I thought ALL the MG Emplacements had AP Rounds and Suppression Fire. I remember thinking how ridiculous it was to have Suppression Fire on the MG42 Emplacement, or AP Rounds on the 50 Cal Emplacement. But they still all had them, didn't they? The Vickers, MG42, 30 Cal, and 50 Cal right? Or am I mistaken? If I am then why not add them? All mobile MG's including the mobile 30 cal get those 2 abilities, so why not the emplaced version?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I am sure it didn't have any abilities - I checked it when I was reworking the 30cal. I think that it is cheaper than any other emplacement so it is without abilities. Maybe if it proves to be too inefficient some abilities might be added.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote: havent got alternative to cheap anti inf sherman, ostwind is good of course, but less resisntat to everything, can be penetrated even by 37 mm pak and have no supression ability, thats why 2 at teams always enough to kill it, one of them will be damaged hard, but other will kill ostwind while it reloading.

That's the problem. A vehicle that is supposed to be deadly against infantry is fearing any AT team coming, even frontally

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

My ostwind survived 3 zooks usually? That doesn't seem low... and its effective vs inf, not really sure what is the problem with this unit. If you are going straight ahead into two at teams, you deserve to die...

Wake

Post by Wake »

Ostwind is very weird. It's on a panzer IV chasis but can be easily killed by the US light 37mm AT gun to the front, meanwhile if the same light AT gun shoots 100 times at a normal panzer IV it will never penetrate.

mg42slo

Post by mg42slo »

To elaborate on the inf vs tank mod a bit more, the handhold AT effectiveness is at an absolute low. Piats are utterly worthless, half a year ago i could destroy even a KT with comando piats, pull that of now and you get a damn medal. Zooks bounce and miss, schreks also like no patch before. I was flanking pz4 with m18 recoiless the past 2 days and it bounced from the rear, beating the point of any tactic. A pz 4 with a thin sawdust (zemerit) coating ate 7 zooks, 1 recoiless and a schrek from front and rear after being drawn into a corner and survived with half its health. But the issue is not purely an allied one ive seen tetrarch survive 2 schreks half the time... The camo is still bugged since they reveal themselves when turning towards a tank moving by, making ambushes a stroke of luck since all units have 0 aim time to inf that drops camo. Half a year ago i wouldn't even consider a sherman bouncing a shrek, or surviving 2 hits...

Point is having tank hunters is essential for all inf doctrines whereas it was more or less optional some time ago, you had different ways for dealing with armor threats, now its just Achilles or m10 spam.

@wake it gets penned by 37mm sometimes but it also bounced zooks and schreks... so yeah its weird

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Wolf wrote:My ostwind survived 3 zooks usually? That doesn't seem low... and its effective vs inf, not really sure what is the problem with this unit. If you are going straight ahead into two at teams, you deserve to die...

I didnt say that Ostwind if bad, i just compared it with M4 HE.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Wolf wrote: not really sure what is the problem with this unit. If you are going straight ahead into two at teams, you deserve to die...

You are not going straight ahead into two at teams but if two (or one) at team come frontally to your ostwind/wiberlwind with any obstacle in view and are able to shoot their bazookas and immobilize or destroy it and then retreat with there is a problem.

But the problem is with infantry and tanks in general, in both factions. Example. Having a Pershing, that costs a lot, and seeing a panzergrenadier squad coming frontally running, throwing a sticky bomb, immobilizing the tank and then retreating with sometimes not even half of the squad dead?
Last edited by Kasbah on 29 Dec 2014, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Why should it be a problem, if there is some obstacle? If you could do it with granted success on negative (road) or no cover (grass), then okay, but if there is something blocking the ostwind view, what exactly is the problem again? Ostwind just doesn't seem like unit which is having somewhat big problems with frontal attacking squads. Yeah, of course, if its half of the time looking elsewhere and squads are running through yellow and green covers, then they surely have a chance.

Yummy

Post by Yummy »

Terror changes are good and balanced, replacement of KCH with cheaper, deadly but still more vulnerable unit. But everything else is not. Stg 44 for grenadiers in every doctrine? Why? Now BK player would not spend 2 points to get assault grenadiers, but he will go straight for tanks. Defense doctrine with assault rifles and defense bonus cover, lol, do you know what that means? Only nukes can kill these guys and they will inflict huge damage at any distance!
Furthermore, plane / aa changes, have you tested them? I think AA are way too effective, shooting down every plane at the edge of the map.
And for fuck sake, buff allies mgs, I win allied mg with my volksgrenadiers behind green cover with 1 casualty ...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yummy says:
Furthermore, plane / aa changes, have you tested them? I think AA are way too effective, shooting down every plane at the edge of the map.

But a few posts above you can see:
5) AA also good, it will bring more tactics to games, cause fighter atacks now must be activated smartly, not just like "click here and kill fakin everything".

I have tested them to certain extend but you must understand that there are many AA weapons in the game and it is not in my power to test all of them thoroughly. I tried them on test maps and they had abou 60% shot down sucess.
AAs are a bit tough to balance. Right now they should be able to fire at planes much better than before, that means that they are able to fire more bullets at planes which meant that we had to actually nerf accuracy against planes otherwise planes would have no chance. However if a vehicle has AA mode, it should be very deadly when it is active. Also keep in mind that AAs have a certain radius around themselves and if the plane's flightpath does not cross this radius, AA doesn't start shooting at all so especially on bigger maps one AA still cannot cover the whole map (this was already included in vCoH but due to targeting problems not very obvious).
Bottom line is that if AAs will prove to be too effective, they will receive some nerfs to balance them.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

too sad that i hadnt time to play because i´ve build up a new pc which is rdy hopefuly delivered and build up in 3 days:P

anyway... what ive read here makes me enjoy the patch already:)..

More normal tanks and not only running straight for aces which kicked all other tanks asses. sounds very cool.

About frontal rushes on tanks. With axis i dont have so many problems with some micro as zooks like to fail (esspecially against moving targets). Ostwind is a real blob killer:). A Tank IV H with Ostwind behind will make any inf assault a suicide.
As allied i have to say that i use only e8´s once ive unlocked booth sandbags and when having no fuel issues. It get more often pened like a jumbo but receives a way less damage if penetrated by hendheld AT. Often a sandbaged vet 1 e8 survives 3-4 panzerschreck hits. Also Panzerfaust does less damage to sandbaged e8 than to a jumbo which is an advantage when fighting gebirgsjäger.
Sandbags seem to have a huge impact on hendheld AT but low impact against enemey tank fire but as they were intended to reduce effectivness of hollow charge weapons its good. I like to combine 2 e8 with one HE sherman in late game. Its pretty effective combo and is like the Tank IV/Ostwind combo. Just test it.

Glad to hear that RAF is less blobbing (guess luft as well) and that new reinforce cost have an impact. I have to make my own experience to see if it is good now but i guess its much better now.

AA effectivness: I had no real problems with AA performence of Bofors, M15A1, Ostwind, Möbelwagen, Wirbelwind. They already killed a lot.
Only the M16 (qaud cal 50) had to be reworked in my opinion as it couldnt penetrate airplanes and having unchanged accuracy in AA mode. I will see their effectivness in the next days and what exactly had been changed.

One question about the AA is about M15A1´s cal 50 weapons. Got their rof fixed and their overall effectivness? Is the rof as it should be for twin cal 50?

I am really excited for inf doc VT and new Terror doc:) Is the pack howitzer also affected by VT or only the 105 howitzers? At least CW arty seems less neccessary following sukins post. Hopefully we see new doc combos on allied side with new inf doc VT and better churchills.

yummy pointed out some concerns with new grens in def doc with defensive training and that they will shred everything in assault now with stgs. If those issues become serious we maybe could remove stgs from def doc grens and the defensive training would allow them to purchase LMG 42 for a cheaper cost and stgs replaced with mp40´s to underline their role as a more defensive unit in the defensive doc while being for offense in terror doc. So Grenadiers role would be a bit doc depending. Just a thought.

what ive saw is that the cal 30 emplacment is not available for inf doc:( Am i right?.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I think the Ostwind is fine.

@MG42;
Hey! M18 Recoilless rifle is mainly anti vehicles and only light tanks.. PIAT is same, however that it surely has a much better chance of causing damage and immobilization if it hits the above-rear.

@Yummy;
Grenadiers MP44s availability for all WH docs also is alright as I think.. they still cost 65 ammo (this is not few) and sometimes they drop out, u know!
Also I liked how good or OP are the AA weapons become recently ^^ This will save my Tigers ass from Typhoons very well xD

@MessUP;
I am not going to praise on Wolf, but he must be appreciated indeed... He did most of what the community asked. Removing the KCH was suggested by many players who objected with a historical background about that actually there weren't any squad that was formed only to be about officer members. I wasn't with the idea of removing them btw, but to my perspective KCH were nothing but 6 soldiers with 6 MP44s and so removing them doesn't really annoy me because of that now u have early effective Grenadiers instead.. which is a very good thing!

I disagree with u... Not all the games are only about arty and inf! Look, this depends on the map u r playing and also on the docs chosen by u and ur enemy. Even throughout the videos I uploaded on YouTube and shared here on the forums several times.. u can there clearly see great tank fights and warfare!! But well I agree with that sometimes during some games, arty rollings becomes badly effective to the extent of which makes the game really a lot boring to be played.

But what makes me wonder is the change made about the 'Ace' units.. as since that absolutely no one actually suggested to reduce their veterancy points!!! There were a lot much better ideas suggested about that subject.
I guess that even some players also finally agreed to what I suggested Wolf regarding that although they were disagreeing it at the beginning but well, I will repeat my suggestions only once more as to be last time.. wish if they become more considered:-

1) I asked to totally remove the PAce. And to instead set the Vet0 1 time call in SP as to be main while to delay it with 2 more CPs while to also reduce its cost by 700MP.

2) To make the Tiger Ace available to be called in only a once same as the SP and like in vCoH2 but then it should be already Vet4 in a result because it's actually a single Ace.

3) To replace the Churchill Ace with a normal Vet0 Croc 75mm Churchill to be called in infinitely with no limits and costs only 900MP.

4) To reduce the cost of the Pershing by 10 fuel. And also reduce the cost of both the Jackson and Comets by 30 fuel. And to also reduce the cost of the Panther G by 20 fuel. While to reduce the cost of the Panther A by 10 fuel. But to keep the Panther D exactly as it is!

@Wolf; such changes will definitely solve the 'Ace' units problem without harming balance, realism or history. Also this is too simple to be done as I believe.. I mean those changes are only about cost and availability!! ;)

Finally I would like to hint about the Hotckiss light tank! What's wrong with its speed???!!! o.O It's slower than the Tiger tank my dear...

Also I have to point on that a friend suggested to add 3 new models:-
1) The Grant which is the British version of the US M3 Lee tank to be surely equipped with 2 guns; 1 short 75mm gun mounted in hull and another 37mm gun as to be the turret. I say it could be on customize army list for example...
2) The Pz38T Axis light tank that should be available early like the Chaffe.
3) And the powerful Matilda II British inf support tank that should be available early too!

mm guys, These would be good models.. and so I want to know and hear what r ur opinions?! Think of it however it's not really important but just to say anyways :)

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

The Hotchkiss also needs a Coaxial MG and HE rounds, right now it's really just an artillery piece.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Yummy wrote:Terror changes are good and balanced, replacement of KCH with cheaper, deadly but still more vulnerable unit. But everything else is not. Stg 44 for grenadiers in every doctrine? Why? Now BK player would not spend 2 points to get assault grenadiers, but he will go straight for tanks. Defense doctrine with assault rifles and defense bonus cover, lol, do you know what that means? Only nukes can kill these guys and they will inflict huge damage at any distance!
And for fuck sake, buff allies mgs, I win allied mg with my volksgrenadiers behind green cover with 1 casualty ...

Stormtroopers still have grenades assault ability, grenade bundles, own retreat\heal\producing truck, own officers team whick provide great buffes, basic vet. lvl after upgrade, can crawl while hiden and have passive camo....you sure that all that advantages in compare to grens are not enough to open them? I played 1 game as defence vs. Shadowichi on my side, didnt actually notice that something was wrong, commando with enfields and brens did a short job to grens even with this def ability. As for aa, ask arty player to take them down now, i like that air strikes are not so unpunishable, 3-4 bofors enough to protect priests from Henchels, as well as 3-4 Ostwinds enough to protect all forces from Typhoons and Thunderbolts.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

I never laughed so hard...

Did somebody really say Messu would be a member of the Community AND a good player?! LOL

Must be the joke of the year, I've never seen a player worse than him and I guess there's no player who's ass I've kicked more times than his^^
(If he wasn't trying to avoid a match by saying how it makes no sense for him to play vs us because he will surely win...fo shizzle bro)
And as he's the most disgusting player in history of BK and cries like a little Bitch every time he looses (well, he IS a US-Marine...) and only
knows how to flame I wouldn't consider him as a part of the community.

But to the changes:

Great Job Wolf! I really like them :)

But to answer some questions, especially on the Tiger Ace:

It was needed to lower the vet of TA because of the following tactic (really hardcore abused by some guy who thinks he has seriously tank skills but doesn't even know how to handle a good fight...):

Play WM witk BK doc, bunker at middle, build maultier. As soon as you see something moving, even if it's only a pioneer sqaud, kill it with maultier. You need the CP. If you have enough, get the tiger ace. Do NOTHING until you get the tiger ace. Got it? Ok then let's go. As it's vet 3, it has distant shot. So you take a sniper and search for enemy tanks. Found one? ok, take it out with distant shot, no risk for your tiger. FOund an MG? Maultier. Found a Pak? Maultier or just run into it with two tank hunter sqauds. Won only because of this one particular unit? Check, great, now you can talk about how you have such serious skills. Best would be if you upload it to youtube so everybody can see your heavy skills.

What I'm trying to say is, that there are many matches where allies seem to win until TA gets called. At that point you sometimes have no chance any more because they kill everything with the distant shot.
Say what you want - the whining in this discussion speaks for it: "OMH HOW AM I ABLE TO KILL ANYTHING NOW WITHOUT DISTANT SHOT?! OMG I'M FUCKED!"
So really THANK YOU for that, Wolf. Now we can see who has real skills.

ALso the KCH removal was a good point. Heroic infantry which has protection against nearly every suppresion... sure, why not...

But I know why Messu is crying: Since he only plays Terror on Duclair, he has seen how most of his OP units are now nerfed. As an hardcore fanboy, you can't discuss with him, so just leave it.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Thank you very much!
For this new path!

MessUupgood

Post by MessUupgood »

Butterkeks... I'm still to this day waiting for that 1v1. Anytime you wanna get wrecked yet again... There ant a soul in this Community that can spank my ass 1v1, haven't lost in a long long time. You are more than welcome to step up anytime, I will stomp you as usual. You can go run and cry and can hold Cyberzombie's cock in your mouth until the swelling goes down. Kek's I talk shit but I also destroy in bk... you talk shit... and just talk shit. You've never been any good, you've always just kinda clinged to Cyberzombie in 2v2's. Which is why you won't ever touch me 1v1... no one to save you there. :))) Pussy bitch get on my level... I will end you, shitty patch or not.
Last edited by MessUupgood on 30 Dec 2014, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

MessUupgood

Post by MessUupgood »

heres the simple killer over removing KCH.... When allies has nearly a dozen super troops similar to KCH... you take away the one decent specialized troop of the axis??? That is what happens when you have dumb ass noobs running the patches and more dumbass noobs saying its legit. With people like Wolf running the show and even bigger idiots like butterkeks thinking it is okay.... LOL this mod is fucked, but I knew that 3 patches ago. Tried the nice guy approach to "help." But you idiots are going to continue to blow each other day in day out as bk mod gets a kick in the balls time and time again.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

MessUupgood wrote:heres the simple killer over removing KCH.... When allies has nearly a dozen super troops similar to KCH... you take away the one decent specialized troop of the axis??? That is what happens when you have dumb ass noobs running the patches and more dumbass noobs saying its legit. With people like Wolf running the show and even bigger idiots like butterkeks thinking it is okay.... LOL this mod is fucked, but I knew that 3 patches ago. Tried the nice guy approach to "help." But you idiots are going to continue to blow each other day in day out as bk mod gets a kick in the balls time and time again.

Sir...listen to me very carefully, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR VENOM SPREADING LIKE A VIRUS IN HERE, Or you're being nice and constructive with the community or you will be ban for ever in here, you're allowed to express why you think things isn"t right in a friendly way, BUT NOT INSULTING OR BASHING ANY TEAM MEMBERS OR USERS HERE, Its the only time i will warn you before you're gone for good.

EDIT/ BANNED!

Panzerblitz1.
Last edited by Panzerblitz1 on 31 Dec 2014, 16:24, edited 3 times in total.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

I challenged you so often for 1v1. You always denied.
Because you had fear of loosing.

Accept it.

And if you would really know how to play this game you wouldn't compare KCH to any Allied inf.

Undefeated 1v1? Old Forum, a shitload of 1v1 in which your ass get's beaten up.

Accep the fact that everybody hates youa nd that you are the Übernoob.

Just get over it.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Butterkeks wrote:I challenged you so often for 1v1. You always denied.
Because you had fear of loosing.

Accept it.

And if you would really know how to play this game you wouldn't compare KCH to any Allied inf.

Undefeated 1v1? Old Forum, a shitload of 1v1 in which your ass get's beaten up.

Accep the fact that everybody hates youa nd that you are the Übernoob.

Just get over it.

I want this thing ended, do not spread gazoline on it and lets move on in a better constructive way, thank you all.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

When allies has nearly a dozen super troops similar to KCH...

Can you give an example? Since you're talking about patch going down for last 3-5 patches, name an Allied infantry that has heroic critical, MP44 equivalent weapons as default, possible upgrade for long shots and AT weapon, VT ability, available at about the same time as KCH and with command aura for surrounding troops (yes, KCH had one).

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Butterkeks wrote:Sorry, Panzer, just read it now

How can I delete posts?

You edit your post and put closed/ this will be taking care of later.

MessUupgood

Post by MessUupgood »

keks you are so busted... you are an allied fanboy. you stink at them too... lmao so you blame the game. See that is the simple fact of what is happening to this game. People that suck at it are in control of it now... they take losses then automatically blame the game rather than the idiot behind it. This game was close before but now for the sake of "balance" its the furthest it has ever been. Keks I can play both sides just about equally as good, allies or axis bro... anytime you wanna get handled again... add me on steam :) it's a waste of time to even talk about. noobs gone wild is what this is a product of.