Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0 Patch TEST

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0.0 Changelog Preview

Post by MarKr »

Hold Ground sets them in a mode where they cannot move. So retreat button should not work there.

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

MarKr wrote:Hold Ground sets them in a mode where they cannot move. So retreat button should not work there.

I understand that. Before the update it was possible, just wanted to query it
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I have just played 1,5 h game with Sukin, Crimax, Tiger, Zhivago... and I think that Inf doc got nerfed heavily. I also think that Churchills armor is now realistic but can be a balance problem. They are just too thick for 75mm guns.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Churchills are really nice apparently...

But the Axis 75s are dealing quite weird.. I mean that the 75mm HTs and JPzs are way much better against them than Panthers, Tigers or even 75mm AT guns!! I think a check is needed over there.

crimax

Post by crimax »

Just some impressions ...

1 - Give 3rd bazooka to US AT squad (to Infantry Doc only maybe), zooks and shreks are not the same weapon ...
2 - How (the hell) much have been Chutchill buffed ??? Six (6) 75mm AT Gun with AP rounds and Zero damage (frontally and flank) Oo

Please check it ...
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Krieger Blitzer

My last Churchill was killed by a 75mm AT gun but it bounced 6 shots before it. And just like as I said, the 75mm HTs or Marder1s and JPzs could still kill it very easily somehow!
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 23 Aug 2015, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

In other cases churchills were killed with 2 shots of panzerjaeger 39....

Krieger Blitzer

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:In other cases churchills were killed with 2 shots of panzerjaeger 39....

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying... A check is needed.

Marder1s, JPzs and 75mm HTs.. they could easily smash it!! Panthers can't on the other hand.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

And 1 more moment, troops cant retreat when Hold ground ability is activated, was it intended in that way? Feels veeery uncomfortable.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I'll ty to do something about Hold Ground and retreat...

And 1 more moment, troops cant retreat when Hold ground ability is activated, was it intended in that way? Feels veeery uncomfortable.
Thank to those assholes who abuse teleport bug...

I also think that Churchills armor is now realistic but can be a balance problem.
Why? Their weapons are really crappy and even if 75mm guns strugle against them, Churchills have trouble killing even PIVs...

I also think that Churchills armor is now realistic but can be a balance problem. They are just too thick for 75mm guns.
That was what you guys wanted....omg this is incredible...at first it is "make Churchills really durable but with crap weapons" and when that is made it is suddenly "75mm have trouble with it!" you know, 75mm is mounted on pretty much anything in Axis arsenal from HTs over medium tanks to Heavy tanks so if it so good against Churchills, then Churchills will be crap again... Anyway, long barreled 75mm gun has about 15% penetration chance at max range (so if you get closer, your chances go up significantely). Also axis tanks have AP ability so use it. Panther gun has a bit higher chance, 88s are set to around 40% iirc...

Marder1s, JPzs and 75mm HTs.. they could easily smash it!! Panthers can't on the other hand.
I'll check that but I thought I changed all the weapons :roll: ... or these got just lucky shots :D

Krieger Blitzer

The 75mm HTs, JPzs and Marders... Neither any of them should be any better than the actual 75mm AT guns against Churchills.. and yes, I seriously liked how u weakened the 75mm AT guns against them just like as supposed! SO I am NOT with those who are claiming that Churchills were over buffed anyhow; but just check it for now, as that the 75mm HTs and all the others of which I mentioned firstly above should all be also weakened against Churchills!!!
However that once again like as I told u before even before the testing version.. they will need a slight price increase then I guess :)

Terence's Mouth

Post by Terence's Mouth »

That Hold Ground change is fuckin bullshit it destroys whole game, and that retreat thing if bug or not too, pls change it back.
I know you said you did it for some bugs but this bugs are so little that they doesnt matters
Old way was much better now you just get crazy by using it.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Panther should do better vs Mark IV churchill. This is not the 152mm of armor one. Panther could easily penetrate 102 mm of armor.
Terence's Mouth wrote:Hold Ground change is fuckin bullshit it destroys whole game, and that retreat thing if bug or not too,
That's true, hold ground is now a problem. But dont be angry to hear that, we just report our impressions.

Krieger Blitzer

Thanks to Armynator and his friends... They deserve a punish on the head for spreading this bug among players!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Checked. Marder, pak 40 Tank IV and Marder (III at least) are pretty equal. Hetzer and Jagdpanzer IV/48 got overlooked apparently. They are as good as Panther oO. For Panther i have to say that its weird that it is weaker in penetration as the Tiger oO. Maybe it was planned the other way arround? oO

As it seems in effectivness vs churchill: Tiger> Hetzer/JPIV48/> Panther>Panzer IV/ Pak 40

Also pak 40 PE/ Sdkfz 234/4 with pak 40 and IV/70 isnt listed in patch file. (Forgot?)

The panther should be better as tiger in penetration and yeah... relatively reliable counter to them i think. Otherwise only biggest 88 and hendheld AT will pen the early churchills. The MK VII can be very thick in armor able to bounce panthers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm.. so it's exactly like as I guessed it... The Axis 75s need to be checked one by one against Churchills; and don't be afraid.. just buff the Churchills armor even more against the 75mm HTs, the JPzs and also vs Marders. They should be as weak as the 75mm AT guns now against it...
BUT a price increase then on the other hand!

MarKr wrote:
But just remember while keeping in mind that I once hinted on it.
IF it comes to increasing their prices in the future I fully expect an "I told you so" from you :).

Remember?! :lol:
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 23 Aug 2015, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm.. so it's exactly like as I guessed it... The Axis 75s need to be checked one by one against Churchills; and don't be afraid.. just buff the Churchills armor even more against the 75mm HTs, the JPzs and also vs Marders. BUT a price increase then on the other hand!

cost are good because they are always in need of support units. Giving them panther cost would make them very usless. You got supported by sukin here which means you would have had a lot more cost when providing AT and anti inf support. Its only damage soaker with limited damageoutput and the Crocc cost fairly 1300 MP.

Just Panther guns should be more effective, esspecially vs MK IV and VI.

The 75 mm L/48 checked one by one to have them as equal as possible.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Aside Churchills, I dont like total nerf of inf doc. Bazooka nerfed in numbers, 107 nerfed in hp (needed, but still it's a nerf), AT guns more expensive and nerfed vs heavy tanks (killing Pz IV never was a problem). 0 buffs, 1 bazooka for Ranger squad wont help me kill Panther G, it will only feed it for vet.

Krieger Blitzer

@Hawks;
The Croc now costs 1100 MP... And I am surely not asking to make Churchills as much expensive as Panthers anyhow.. just a slightly more fuel price!

@Jim;
Luft doc got much nerf too, so it's just fine.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:Luft doc got much nerf too, so it's just fine.
It's not fine if I play vs: Terror, Bk, Def, SE, TH.

Krieger Blitzer

And what makes u think that it's gonna be any better with the Luft doc against all the other Allies docs too??!!

Crimax now already believes that the Luft doc turned into being the weakest doc ever btw...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:And what makes u think that it's gonna be any better with the Luft doc against all the other Allies docs too??!!

Lol, if you have a problem with Luft, just say it.

I say I have a problem with inf. Leave me alone.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:@Hawks;
The Croc now costs 1100 MP... And I am surely not asking to make Churchills as much expensive as Panthers anyhow.. just a slightly more fuel price!

@Jim;
Luft doc got much nerf too, so it's just fine.

your prob is that you always swim in res. You rarely use any other unit than single Tank (Tiger, SP) while expecting most of the other stuff coming from mates. So a church, Firefly and inf squad would cost you easily more than 1200 MP only to have an slowly moving assault force. The 75 mm jumbo is just fine in cost while its fatser + having an MG. Churchills arent really too cheap when you cant rely on your mates for AT and anti inf support. The RE doc would again become just a doc that cant do anything forward by its own and would completely rely on mates support.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 23 Aug 2015, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

@Jim;
Leave Crimax and all the others alone too... Even Sukin is also bothered to see the Luft doc now!

So if u r sad with the Inf doc, and they are sad as well with the Luft doc.. we could then come to the conclusion that things are set balanced.

@Hawks;
Can't u see?
I am not the only one saying that Churchills with the current cost shall be a balance problem!! Specifically when they would become even better against JPzs, 75mm HTs and Marders etc.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:@Jim;
Leave Crimax and all the others alone too... Even Sukin is also bothered to see the Luft doc now!

So if u r sad with the Inf doc, and they are sad as well with the Luft doc.. we could then come to the conclusion that things are set balanced.

@Hawks;
Can't u see?
I am not the only one saying that Churchills with the current cost shall be a balance problem!! Specifically when they would become even better against JPzs, 75mm HTs and Marders etc.

The MK VI cost almost as much as an inf doc Jumbo sherman! Just jumbo has top MG, is faster, has smoke screen available. So how expensive do you want a slowly moving unit that can be afterall be killed by hendheld AT´s and without any chance to penetrated armor?! OK jumbo is a way easier penetrated but still. Churchill tanks puropse is to SUPPORT advance by being supported at the same time! How to do so with CW when churchill would cost like 600 MP and and even sappers 315 MP? Once you would lose the assault force and you wont be able to rebuild a new one being pushed and pushed by continues speedfull axis assaults with schreck inf.

First when you show me a game where you can use churchills with support provided by your own we can discuss about the cost. But as long as you just park your churchills next to your teammates and doing nothing else you just shouldnt speak already over the cost of these tanks. CW is already one of the most expensive factions where you pay for special units already as much or more as US and axis pay for multirole units.

For luft doc. Well if it seems to be unplayable or whatever we could talk about changes. But it cant be that a doc is only played and deadly because of stuff like silly sd2 spam which bothered all players. In case 88 can get arty barrage.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 23 Aug 2015, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.