Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0 Patch TEST

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Butterkeks

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Butterkeks »

Zetsuboon wrote:You have to see it like this 2 AT-Boys cost 540 MP which is really expensive if they were just one troop it is like 6 men with 2 AT-Rifles thats very very expensive and when you look on the other units like the british riflemen they cost 435 MP (I think) and they are really good.. but because of the high price of the Boys u need to decide hardly whats more important.

Hm well ok, so cheaper Boys causes my inf section to come more early. But this still doesn't solve the problem: One Scout Car and I'm defeated ;)

Zetsuboon wrote: maybe you should add an Upgrade to stens so the boys are more effective to inf
Pls list some pros and contras about this idea :)

Well I personally don't like this idea. Boys AT is (or better said should be) an AT-squad, therefore it should be good vs vehicles, not Inf.

But even if I want to kill inf with them, I'd prefer to have the Lee Enfields. Two Boys AT with Lee Enfields can sometimes kill the first Volks squad. Give them stens and you have to come closer with them to kill inf, that suicide for a three man squad that should actually be in an ambush.
And by the time you could afford to "waste" ammo on them you don't need them anymore.

Btw regarding Boys:
In 4.9 they are not able to go in stationary mode when in trenches. Intended(because of teleport bug)/bug/happened by accident?
Sorry if this was already satted but I guess nobody has the time to read thorugh all this when the topic is constantly dragged away.

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

@JimQwilleran
You unterstood me wrong I guess
This 6 men squad thing was just an example cause one boys troop costs 270 mb and there are 3 men in it so would 2 cost 540 and for better illustration I made the example with the 1 AT-Boys squad with 6 men which would cost 540 MP and has nothing special but 2 at-rifles ^^

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

Butterkeks wrote:Well I personally don't like this idea. Boys AT is (or better said should be) an AT-squad, therefore it should be good vs vehicles, not Inf.

But even if I want to kill inf with them, I'd prefer to have the Lee Enfields. Two Boys AT with Lee Enfields can sometimes kill the first Volks squad. Give them stens and you have to come closer with them to kill inf, that suicide for a three man squad that should actually be in an ambush.
And by the time you could afford to "waste" ammo on them you don't need them anymore.

Ok I understand you
I just came to this idea cause they are used in early game and so just good against light vehicles (and even there they often dont do their job and stop doing damage when there is 1 hp left of the vehicle) but in early game they can also be a good anti-inf squad and the idea behind the stens is just that the british riflemen are very good on a medium to long range (I think so if I am wrong pls tell me) so you can push a little bit better with at squads in maps with many houses while you shot with the riflemen from a farther distance

But somehow the AT-boys need a buff and a 4 men group with 2 at-rifles would be unbalanced..

And for your problem Butterkeks with the scout cars.. ok thats right they are really strong but I guess they are just getting really dangerous when there are high res and u dont have an US-friend who helps u out with zookas
I think if its a match with standard res you can easily hold them in the background with your at-boys or even destroy them

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Zetsuboon wrote:Ok I understand you
I just came to this idea cause they are used in early game and so just good against light vehicles (and even there they often dont do their job and stop doing damage when there is 1 hp left of the vehicle) but in early game they can also be a good anti-inf squad and the idea behind the stens is just that the british riflemen are very good on a medium to long range (I think so if I am wrong pls tell me) so you can push a little bit better with at squads in maps with many houses while you shot with the riflemen from a farther distance

Use the Lieutnant ;)
With this guy besides them, Brits kick ass on all ranges ;)

Zetsuboon wrote:But somehow the AT-boys need a buff and a 4 men group with 2 at-rifles would be unbalanced..

Yeah, I see it like Jim, the most simple solution would be to buff the Boys AT. Damage is ok, reload time is ok, just some more accuracy. I know that there is this 15% buff in current patch, but they still miss way too often.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Strangely, 15% should be quite noticeable change. I had a game when Boys shot at my shwimm 4 times, and missed all from different distances. But in other game they shot 2 time at armored car at full distance, and hit 2 times and killed it instantly... Their biggest problem is unreliability...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

In 4.9 they are not able to go in stationary mode when in trenches. Intended(because of teleport bug)/bug/happened by accident?
Sorry if this was already satted but I guess nobody has the time to read thorugh all this when the topic is constantly dragged away.
That was an unintended part of the bug fix :/ . But as I said it will be returned back to what it was before.

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

Yeah like I said it was just an idea to argue about and I really wanted contras :D so thx

And the Lieutnant is a tough guy I know
But u need to carry about him the whole time cause when you play against a BK-Mod Veteran ^^ he would be dead really fast cause he has just one sten. But I know the buff that he gives is just amazing :D but I am just missing something for close combat with the brits.. you just have there the commandos and the sappers with RE and both are not the best squads ^^ ok I dont tested the new commandos already can someone tell me how they are now? I used to play airforce before the patch and there they just kicked ass with all upgrades u could give them and before that you had to be very careful if u want them to stay a little longer on ur side ^^

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

JimQwilleran wrote:Strangely, 15% should be quite noticeable change. I had a game when Boys shot at my shwimm 4 times, and missed all from different distances. But in other game they shot 2 time at armored car at full distance, and hit 2 times and killed it instantly... Their biggest problem is unreliability...

Yeah, BK works a lot over chances and percentages...
The question (I already aked but got no answer^^) is, how these 15% were implemented.
Was it before that boys hit in 20% of time and now hit in 35%?
Or was it like 20% and now 20%*1,15 = 23% ?

(These numbers are completely fictional, I don't know the real ones)

Markr wrote:That was an unintended part of the bug fix :/ . But as I said it will be returned back to what it was before.

Ah ok good to know. Thanks :)

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Zetsuboon wrote:Yeah like I said it was just an idea to argue about and I really wanted contras :D so thx

And the Lieutnant is a tough guy I know
But u need to carry about him the whole time cause when you play against a BK-Mod Veteran ^^ he would be dead really fast cause he has just one sten. But I know the buff that he gives is just amazing :D but I am just missing something for close combat with the brits.. you just have there the commandos and the sappers with RE and both are not the best squads ^^ ok I dont tested the new commandos already can someone tell me how they are now? I used to play airforce before the patch and there they just kicked ass with all upgrades u could give them and before that you had to be very careful if u want them to stay a little longer on ur side ^^

The Lieutnant should not be in the ceneter of the fights, he should in green cover, a few meters away, but still in range for his buffs ;)

Use the Recce, my friend :D
The .50cal can effectively shred inf at long, medium and short distances. It's very usefull, even in late game :)

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Thinking about it, all other doctrines have a light at gun dont they? For around 200mp and it will hit 8/10 times I reckon, killing up to around a halftrack in one hit. Having 2 AT boys in a squad, that will hit about 6/10 times, bringing a half track down to ~5% health if both hit successfully first time isn't too much to ask surely?
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

Ah yeah I wrote a little bit wrong about the captain u know.. my bad
And the Recce is amazing I know that (I played brits most of the time in bk mod)
But I am someone who prefers inf combat (so now I often play inf doc with US) and when the driver of the recce doesnt find the right gear to drive backwards when schrecks are coming its really annoying (like with every tank) but I still use him every game cause he is the best Inf-shredder so far in early game :D

Back to the lieutnant I wrote this because of my problem (inf for close combat) and he has this sten so I was thinking about that case that u will put him to the frontlines cause he is very good in close combat and... I think too much and write not all the things that are going on in my head I think that causes some misunderstanding of my posts I am sorry for that ^^

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

jaggardos wrote:Thinking about it, all other doctrines have a light at gun dont they?
Brits had a great gun, 40mm 2 pounder. It had an insane ROF and had awesome penetration. At the close distance could penetrate any German tank up to Panzer IV E. Our (? :D) never fullfiled dream has always been to have 2p in CoH. But there has always been a problem of lack of models...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

jaggardos wrote:Thinking about it, all other doctrines have a light at gun dont they? For around 200mp and it will hit 8/10 times I reckon, killing up to around a halftrack in one hit. Having 2 AT boys in a squad, that will hit about 6/10 times, bringing a half track down to ~5% health if both hit successfully first time isn't too much to ask surely?

Defintely not too much^^

Zetsuboon wrote:Back to the lieutnant I wrote this because of my problem (inf for close combat) and he has this sten so I was thinking about that case that u will put him to the frontlines cause he is very good in close combat and... I think too much and write not all the things that are going on in my head I think that causes some misunderstanding of my posts I am sorry for that ^^

Np^^
Well with the lieutnant buffs the rifle section will kill enemy if before they are close enough to use their short distant weapons ;)
Or at least he will retreat before it get's too dangerous for him.

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

jaggardos wrote:Thinking about it, all other doctrines have a light at gun dont they? For around 200mp and it will hit 8/10 times I reckon, killing up to around a halftrack in one hit. Having 2 AT boys in a squad, that will hit about 6/10 times, bringing a half track down to ~5% health if both hit successfully first time isn't too much to ask surely?

I think u dont see the all in all product.. at guns have pros and contras and so do at boys
I think that 270 MP is too much and 2 AT-rifles/squad would be very unbalanced in early game
The main advantage of the AT-boys is that they have mobility at-guns are slow and when there is one guy left the gun cant move anymore
now think of the at boys with one boy left you can still move them and retreat

I think better accurracy and cheaper price would make them a beloved at-unit

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

JimQwilleran wrote:
jaggardos wrote:Thinking about it, all other doctrines have a light at gun dont they?
Brits had a great gun, 40mm 2 pounder. It had an insane ROF and had awesome penetration. At the close distance could penetrate any German tank up to Panzer IV E. Our (? :D) never fullfiled dream has always been to have 2p in CoH. But there has always been a problem of lack of models...

Well I am still trying to get into model building. Question is if I will be able to build models before BK2 is released^^ I think not.

But I will have a look at the 2-pdr, maybe it's something quite easy that can be done via much copy&paste. If I manage to do it, I will make a new thread for it and ask the devs and community if they wish an implementation. ;)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Butterkeks wrote:But I will have a look at the 2-pdr, maybe it's something quite easy that can be done via much copy&paste. If I manage to do it, I will make a new thread for it and ask the devs and community if they wish an implementation.
Nice! Let me know if you would need any help :D. (as if I was able to do anything xD)

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Had a look at it, forget about it :D

I will not be able to do stuff like this in the next months, maybe even years^^
I was hoping that it maybe would look very much like the 6pdr or so, so I could maybe simply copy&paste something and it would look like the 2pdr, but this thing looks so fucking strange^^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_2-pounder

For those of you who want to have a look at it ;) Have also a looka t the german version of this article, the pictures there are a bit better to explain why I will be not able to do anything about this^^

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Zetsuboon wrote:I think u dont see the all in all product.. at guns have pros and contras and so do at boys
I think that 270 MP is too much and 2 AT-rifles/squad would be very unbalanced in early game
The main advantage of the AT-boys is that they have mobility at-guns are slow and when there is one guy left the gun cant move anymore
now think of the at boys with one boy left you can still move them and retreat

I think better accurracy and cheaper price would make them a beloved at-unit

Actually yes, I agree. Make it around 200 maybe, and I feel around 40% mobile and 80% static sounds realistic to me

JimQwilleran wrote:

Yes its great, but thats early mid game, rather than early early, which is what we're talking about
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr, what about the bug I reported with the accurate long shot? :)
Were u able to take the delay down or are u also going to implement it on the old way back then?

And hey guys; I have already hinted Wolf in details about this discussion regarding the 3rd Zooka btw... As he seemed to be very busy anyways to say anything however that I believe it won't come back anyhow! Yet I might be wrong too but I don't think so. That was accordingly based on a poll after similiar huge discussions already in the past considering this.
But for the RL I 'think' yes; more likely as an optional upgrade.. as it's already written in the change-log!

Boys AT rifle boys are not really any kind of a concern now in my humble opinion!! I guess they are just fine as they are now... There was an old topic for it if u all remember, and all these ideas about it were introduced before.. Wolf as u know at that time only agreed on the price reduction which they are getting atm.

@Hawks;
So u will never stop to annoy? :D
Look at me... recently I do no longer speak about any kind of my already denied suggestions of which I requested before. Examples:-
Ammo to AT teams, certain Tiger's tank ability changes, swapping the Jumbo with the Calliope.. on and on. I am not even whining about the Tigerphobia as it got nerfed just due to a single topic and not even a poll... Yet u r whining about the 3rd Zooka! Although it was even u who submitted the demanding topic for this change certainly.

I am done. I will not be requesting from Wolf anything more again... As I had a private conversation with him recently when I told him all my suggestions and requests for the last time.
That's why u could see now that I am just speechless. While I am just arguing here about ur ranting! As I do really dislike it...

I stopped arguing with MarKr about increasing the Churchills price too. Because of that my own goal honestly was to just help them to move on specifically for releasing this patch... And so my job now will be completely finished once the patch is officially released.. so ya; I am not going to be active anymore after this patch. However that I will keep up with my supporting to them!!! And remember, those points of which u r again requesting now, once got rejected before... Except at Bk2 perhaps.

So probably save ur energy now for Bk2.. I think u should stop ur productive ideas for Bk1 as well plz! At least temporarily.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:And hey guys; I have already hinted Wolf in details about this discussion regarding the 3rd Zooka btw... As he seemed to be very busy anyways to say anything however that I believe it won't come back anyhow! Yet I might be wrong too but I don't think so. That was accordingly based on a poll after similiar huge discussions already in the past considering this.
But for the RL I 'think' yes; more likely as an optional upgrade.. as it's already written in the change-log!
Tiger1996 wrote:While I am just arguing here about ur ranting! As I do really dislike it...

Firstly, we would like to hear things from Wolf... well, from Wolf himself, not from anybody else.
Secondly, we haven't been talking about bazooka for a quite time. Now we talk about possible future of Boys etc. Is this also a problem for you?

Tiger1996 wrote:I am done. I will not be requesting from Wolf anything more again... As I had a private conversation with him recently when I told him all my suggestions and requests for the last time.

Honestly, I can hardly believe that.

Krieger Blitzer

JimQwilleran wrote:Is this also a problem for you?

I was not addressing my words to u.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Really? I thought that god himself always speaks to all his fellow minions...

Krieger Blitzer

But u r just ash.. not even minions!!! :D

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

JimQwilleran wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:And hey guys; I have already hinted Wolf in details about this discussion regarding the 3rd Zooka btw... As he seemed to be very busy anyways to say anything however that I believe it won't come back anyhow! Yet I might be wrong too but I don't think so. That was accordingly based on a poll after similiar huge discussions already in the past considering this.
Tiger1996 wrote:While I am just arguing here about ur ranting! As I do really dislike it...

Firstly, we would like to hear things from Wolf... well, from Wolf himself, not from anybody else.
Secondly, we haven't been talking about bazooka for a quite time. Now we talk about possible future of Boys etc. Is this also a problem for you?

And it beginns...
The topic was closed, everybody agreed to wait for Markr to talk to Wolf and then hear what they say. But then there's Tiger who simply can't just shut up and has to drag the topic to it again and again and again...

JimQwilleran wrote: Tiger1996 wrote:
I am done. I will not be requesting from Wolf anything more again... As I had a private conversation with him recently when I told him all my suggestions and requests for the last time.

Honestly, I can hardly believe that.

Me too. You won't annoy him for a week or so and then start again annoying him because the community wishes stuff you don't like.

Tiger1996 wrote:@Hawks;
So u will never stop to annoy? :D

Will you, Tiger?

jaggardos wrote:Yes its great, but thats early mid game, rather than early early, which is what we're talking about

I think you understood him wrong. He asked for the implementation of a 2pdr gun for brits as early early AT. Like Pak36 of Axis. Not about the 6 pounder which could be recruited in early mid game ;)

Krieger Blitzer

I was clearly speaking to Hawks, by also commenting MarKr's post and mentioning my own information and attitudes... Any problems??
If u really think I am dragging the topic out this way.. then just u need to shut up and not to discuss anything with me!!