Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.6.0 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.6.0 Patch

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Wit this armor type schwim is dieing under rifles fire like shit, though repair time of schwim is still the highest.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

They should surely receive their old well known armor functions state of v4.85 through the next patch really... I don't know for what reason did MarKr actually change the values of it though since no one asked. It was ok!

Oh, come on... do I really have to look up the posts where someone complained that Schwimms can survive several shots from BOYS where Bike could take much less and at the same time Schwimm got hit by BOYS in like 1 out of 6 shots? Because of these complaints the easiest solution was to give it the same armor type as Bike has since there it worked relativelly well.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Wit this armor type schwim is dieing under rifles fire like shit, though repair time of schwim is still the highest.

But that should mean also, that motorbike dies under rifle fire even faster and it was like that even before 4.8.6.0

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Jeeps are this way so much superior when compared to Axis ones.. basic US Jeeps were already able to beat the WH Motorbikes one on one but the Schwims on the other hand were the only to stand against Jeeps, I mean buffing Jeeps as well as nerfing Schwims at the same time seem to be a bad idea I guess! A buff to the Jeeps without a nerf to the Schwims would be really enough...
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 26 Feb 2015, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

So wasn't that practically wrong entirely? As schwimm costs +10MP and has multiple abilities? :p
Anyway, you might be right that rifles are hitting schwimm easier than motorcycle, but I didn't find anything wrong, schwimm should take more than motorcycle and we did not want to change that.
So again, schwimm nerf was ment to be against AT. Jeep buff ment to be primarily against inf.
If its not like that, then its considered as bug and will be fixed in next patch.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Thing was that the old schwimmwagen did survive 3 boys AT hits and even pak hits sometimes. Means with schwimmwagen head to draw Boys AT fire followed by s cout car a british player got rushed by schwimm-scout car- Pgrens quite often (depending on map cover etc) but on range schwimm did beat Boys AT in yellow cover quite easily.

The 1 vs 1 between jeep and schwimm could be adjusted, sure. And actually i like it that axis need cover for their inf in early just as allied had to do that all the time.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

For all of you saying the jeep is too strong right now, it's because you've been conditioned to think that the jeep is terrible. I used to completely ignore jeeps because I knew they were so bad. Doing that after this patch would be a very bad idea. It is now a very good unit, equivalent to the PE schwimmwagen. Axis infantry need to get to cover if they want to engage a jeep. Many players don't do this because they don't expect the jeep to actually hurt them.

So now, if an early axis infantry unit is caught out in the open, they will probably have to retreat, or at least take heavy losses. But it's the same for allied infantry facing a bike or schwimm. Engineers are often dead meat if a bike sees them in an open field. The same goes for rifles, and even infantry sections will take a few casualties unless they happen to be in cover at the time.

So now, if an axis player doesn't want to have to retreat, he must wheel around the light AT gun with his infantry units. Just like the allies have to do. The jeep is now equivalent to a schwimm (and better than a bike, but more expensive) and the bren carrier and dingo are equivalent to a scout car.

The point is, axis players must now build AT in early game.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Ok, i made my first experience. schwimm died under rifle and jeep fire which is ok. The jeep then only suppressed pios but volks and PE grens got no damage and i had no problems with the suppression.

I couldnt find any probs in my two played games in 4.8.6 (booth as axis).

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

It was mentioned that aircraft are being tested so that they survive getting onto the battlefield. Mine still are shot down at the edge of the maps.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

For the last two days I've been tweeking the base AAs. It is hard, especially when I realize that on each map the conditions are different - When you have 2vs2 it is possible that 4 AA positions will fire at a plane at the same time - that's in case the plane flies directly at the base sector AND the bases are next to each other. But when the bases are further away from each other, then probably only two will fire (AAs of the other base ignore the plane). And then you have 3vs3 and 4vs4 and in each of them pretty much the same situation however more AAs shooting :/.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Just leave mobile AA very strong and back up base AA to old conditions, all will be fine.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Just leave mobile AA very strong and back up base AA to old conditions, all will be fine.

old conditions would mean: aim-> stop aiming->aim again-> shoot.

also base AA weaker than mobile one would mean that also the stationary AA´s being build by AB, CW, Luft and def would be weaker which isnt fair (esspecially as CW has no mobile AA with stationary mode). They should somehow be equal and i dont mind if many airplanes gonna die when passing a base with like 6 AA guns shooting them... its ok when they die. Just that a single mobile AA in AA mode kills an entire bomber patrole alone and doing like 8 kills in 15 seconds is kinda OP. Stationary and mobile in stationary should be equal so far and i think that simply the accuracy is very high as every bullet seems to be a hit even against fast moving single engined fighters.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

that also the stationary AA´s being build by AB, CW, Luft and def would be weaker which isnt fair (esspecially as CW has no mobile AA with stationary mode).

No, the AAs you have at the begining of the game are technically a different buildings than those that engineers/pios/sappers can build in the field. This allows setting different stats and is also a reason why the starting base defense is a bit more durable than those you can build later...