5.1.7 live release

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Beast Slayer
Posts: 109
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Beast Slayer » 17 Mar 2019, 16:04

Wolf wrote:Those of you who have problems with ingame texts, try to join current beta - it is currently compatible with non-beta version so you should be able to play with others.

Im testing the beta version right now and although some issues with the descriptions was corrected many other stay.

Infantry assault team ability have no longer "no range" as description and is displayed correctly (cheers):

relic00016.jpg

Demolition Stormtroopers still do not provide information about their ability to deploy from neutral buildings:

relic00017.jpg

If you provide this info about regular Stormtroopers then why not to do the same for the Demo Squad? Or perhaps you can mention this in the doctrinal unlock instead so you will not need to provide this info in each call-in ability individually.

Staghounds "no range" issue was also fixed but the inaccurate description about its role (yellow letters) is still present:

relic00021.jpg

Also I disagree with the generic name chosen for this unit which instead of "Staghound" states "Lightly armored recon and support vehicle". Its like removing names of every single medium tank in this mod and replacing them with generic descriptions like "medium tank".

Pantherturm unlock still provide wrong description about 88mm pak43 emplacement. I do not think its necessary to provide screenshot because the description did not change and I already provided one in my previous post.

I will play some more games when I will have time and report any issues I found.

Until then.

Beast Slayer
Posts: 109
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Beast Slayer » 18 Mar 2019, 19:41

Alright so I went through every description which was changed in this patch and most of them are displayed correctly and provide more accurate information with the exception of the aformentioned pantherturm unlock, stielgranate 24 with fragmentation sleeve and staghound.

Description of the observation post was only partially fixed because it still mentions that it heals "nearby" soldiers which is not true. It heals only squads garrisoned inside.

Doctrinal unlock:

relic00024.jpg

Build menu:

relic00025.jpg

Description of the schwimmwagen was also only partially fixed because there is still no mention about mg42:

relic00023.jpg

Victor target ability should be changed in the same way as the PE equivalent was because there is no 25 pounder nor priest in american inf doc:

relic00026.jpg

Misleading description of the wehr bunker is still there:

relic00011.jpg

None of these upgrades with the exception of the repair station are available outside of the def doc. Upgrade options in the blitz doc look like this:

relic00020.jpg

I would recommend to swap the current description of the bunker for the PE one which looks like this:

relic00022.jpg

This version is much better because it will not confuse anybody and all the necessary information about possible upgrades is already mentioned in the def doc unlock anyway:

relic00010.jpg

Besides of these few small issues this patch is very polished and I was not able to found any bugs.

Good job!

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 2766
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby MarKr » 18 Mar 2019, 20:14

Some of those will be changed/fixed but some (e.g the bunker descriptions) were not changed intentionally. Some of the concepts for doc rework have in them changes to bunkers so we did not change the bunker texts yet because it is possible it would be changed only to change it soon after again - these will be changed along with the changes of respective doctrines.
Image

Beast Slayer
Posts: 109
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Beast Slayer » 18 Mar 2019, 20:24

MarKr wrote:Some of those will be changed/fixed but some (e.g the bunker descriptions) were not changed intentionally. Some of the concepts for doc rework have in them changes to bunkers so we did not change the bunker texts yet because it is possible it would be changed only to change it soon after again - these will be changed along with the changes of respective doctrines.

I see.

Thanks for the explanation. Im looking forward to the doctrine reworks.

Cheers!

Beast Slayer
Posts: 109
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Beast Slayer » 18 Mar 2019, 20:53

Last thing.

Some time ago I reported that evasive action ability mentions that it is increasing health regeneration of the affected squad:

Link to the post:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3166

Screenshot:

relic00019.jpg

I do not think this is true but nobody bothered to answer me so Im not 100% sure. If this information is indeed incorrect then this description should be fixed too. Just remove the "enabling them to heal faster" part and thats about it.

Thanks.

User avatar
Viper
Posts: 408
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 23:18

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Viper » 24 Mar 2019, 19:29

why does it still say 516 on steam?


steam.png



517 was released more than 1 week ago........

User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 993
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Wolf » 24 Mar 2019, 20:53

Beta "texts" will be switched to live to make room for "normal" beta soon, so those of you who switched to try texts, switch back please.
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3866
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Tiger1996 » 24 Mar 2019, 23:12

Viper wrote:why does it still say 516 on steam?

I think that's why...

Critical glitch in version 5.1.7 (live branch):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8jPSukHBVk
Video is unlisted.

Not sure what is exactly doing this immense damage against JPz L/70 and half-tracks or armored cars.. but I think it might be the shot-gun.

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 393
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby mofetagalactica » 25 Mar 2019, 03:26

I think warhawks already reported such problem with the shotgun in the past, but seems like it got way worse in this patch.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 2766
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby MarKr » 25 Mar 2019, 07:52

We haven't changed anything about the shotgun so it could hardly get worse with this update. Since nothing was changed, I am pretty sure that this thing has been in the mod for years and only now somebody noticed it.
Image

User avatar
Viper
Posts: 408
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 23:18

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Viper » 26 Mar 2019, 14:42

i think you shouldnt wait too long to fix this bug. you dont need to release 518 for this. maybe small hotfix for 517

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 3455
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Warhawks97 » 26 Mar 2019, 20:09

MarKr wrote:We haven't changed anything about the shotgun so it could hardly get worse with this update. Since nothing was changed, I am pretty sure that this thing has been in the mod for years and only now somebody noticed it.


mofetagalactica wrote:I think warhawks already reported such problem with the shotgun in the past, but seems like it got way worse in this patch.


it got noted already, quite a long time ago i would say somewhere in a topic. Idk who but someone already talked/asked about that weapon in particular. I provided datas/stats of the shotgun. I think it was someone mentioned that it was able to damage vehicles or something and other weird behaviour.

Thing is just that its quite rare that someone using this units shotgun to hunt down vehicles by purpose.

User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 993
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Wolf » 26 Mar 2019, 20:51

Viper wrote:i think you shouldnt wait too long to fix this bug. you dont need to release 518 for this. maybe small hotfix for 517

It should be fixed since yesterday
Image

User avatar
Viper
Posts: 408
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 23:18

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Viper » 28 Mar 2019, 01:22

Wolf wrote:It should be fixed since yesterday

yes.
thanks.

Mr. FeministDonut
Posts: 333
Joined: 13 Aug 2015, 21:05

Re: 5.1.7 live release

Postby Mr. FeministDonut » 01 Apr 2019, 20:44

Give Sherman ability to heal soldiers, drop smoke grenade with launcher and remove CP limit for M10 Wolverine, and I will be fine with it


Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest