5.1.7 Beta II

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

5.1.7 Beta II

Post by MarKr »

Hi,

we've just released the second beta. It fixes some problems reported for the first beta. If the fixes work, this version will be released as live within few days. The changelog shows the changes from the first beta too, news are in green:

General:
- Static Howitzers will no longer refuse to fire at a position
- Force Retreat abilities will now properly retreat infantry squads with Hold Ground active
- Axis 20mm guns will no longer bounce off of Armored Jeep
- 37mm cannons will not fail to penetrate the über cannon-proof vests of Axis snipers
- Various text fixes and adjustments based on the feedback here on the forum
- Panzer IV F2 has now AP ammo upgrade as first and HE ammo as second, it used to be the other way which made the game literarly unplayable
- Axis 20mm guns will no longer penetrate Cromwell tanks

US:
- 37mm gun now provides light cover to the crew (applied yellow cover because with green the crew suffers from immortality syndrome - this time for real)
- Rifle HEAT grenades should no longer deal too little damage to Motorbikes and Schwimmwagens
- Rifle HEAT grenades can now only be targetted at vehicles
- Lowered the HP of M26 Pershing to 850 (from 1000)
- Lowered the HP of Pershing Ace to 1050 (from 1200)
- Adding a .50cal to a tank will no longer kick a Tank Commander out of the tank
- Field medics can no longer reinforce with paradrop
- Minimum attack range of Recoilless Jeep gun set to 5
- Lowered the range of US HEAT rifle grenade to 40 (from 60)
- Increased aim time of US HEAT grenades to 1.5 - 2 sec. (from 0.25)

CW:
- It should be no longer possible to glitch Tulip rockets so that the second one is "guided" at the target
- Applied a further tweak to the Emplaced 25 pounders so that they don't refuse to fire anymore
- 2-inch mortar will no longer have the "Hold Fire" button displayed twice when the unit enters camouflage mode
- Removed deflection damage from unpgraded Daimler 2 pounder gun

WM:
- Applied top MG changes to StuG MG (was forgotten in previous patch)
- Cost of Early Tiger tank lowered to 840MP (from 950MP)
- Cost of Late Tiger tank lowered to 865MP (from 975MP)
- Cost of Tiger Ace lowered to 1370MP (from 1550MP)
- Lowered the cost of Heavy tank factory to 300MP (from 400MP)
- Sdkfz 234/4 (stubby 75mm gun "Puma") now has proper sound when shooting the HEAT/B shot

PE:
- PE double AT nade requires "Experienced AT crews (upgrade 03)" should be "Double AT efforts (upgrade_32)"
- Observation Halftrack should no longer switch places with PaK40 in Logistikompanie
- Removed Periscope upgrade from Flammenhetzer (was forgotten when Periscopes were removed)
- Added 15 Fuel cost to Vampire Halftrack (from 0 Fuel)
- Vampire Halftrack now requires Logistic Company Upgrade

Also added various text changes and fixes (applied to English texts):
- M36B1 has now its own description in the Tank Depot (used to have the same as M36)
- Field repairs on US tanks should now properly show tje reason why they are unusable when in combat
- 101st Weapon Supply Upgrade no longer mentions weapon cost reduction for non-existent BARs
- .50cal MG nest has now its own description
- Fortified post now informs about its ability to reinforce squads nearby
- Recoilles Jeep will no longer try convince its users that it excels at hunting down enemy snipers

- Staghound no longer states it is a command vehicle

- 88mm Fla36 unlock in Defensive doctrine now also mentions the unlock of 88mm PaK43 emplacement
- Fragmentation sleeve grandes no longer state they can only be used from cover
- Stormtrooper call-in description now states that the squad can infiltrate buildings

- PE Schwimmwagen no longer states it is unarmed
- Fixed description of Light Observation HT
- PE VT no longer mentions 105mm and 88mm arty participating

Please, give it a try and see if the mentioned things work so that we can release this one.

Thanks ;)

MenciusMoldbug

Re: 5.1.7 Beta II

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

MarKr wrote:- Pantherthurm unlock in Defensive doctrine now also mentions the unlock of PaK43 emplacement

Pantherthurms unlock the 88mm ATG emplacement? Still tells me in the beta patch that I need the flak 88 (after the pantherthurms) unlocked to be able to build the 88mm Pak43 emplacement.

If the 2 pounder deflection damage was a bug. It should be noted that the staghound also does deflection damage on bounces (so it can kill 1 HP tanks on a bounced shot).

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:Pantherthurms unlock the 88mm ATG emplacement? Still tells me in the beta patch that I need the flak 88 (after the pantherthurms) unlocked to be able to build the 88mm Pak43 emplacement.

My bad, the Flak36 unlock mentions the PaK43 emplacement, changelog corrected.

MenciusMoldbug wrote:If the 2 pounder deflection damage was a bug. It should be noted that the staghound also does deflection damage on bounces (so it can kill 1 HP tanks on a bounced shot).
Will be changed too, thanks for the report.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Good job on fixing most of the issues associated with the descriptions reported in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2807

This mod is much more polished now because of that.

I do not see any changes concerning Wasp though. Will you apply any of the changes I suggested in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3121

This unit is grossly overpriced for what it can possibly offer in terms of combat efficiency. Currently it can be beaten by freaking Pioneers in flamethrower fight. You should seriously consider to drop its price and improve its FT ( damage and possibly even range ) at the same time to make it as a viable choice. Right now its a unit which nobody use for a good reason.

What about the issue with the permanently present tech up cost affecting British Lieutenant, Captain and Command Tank reported there?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3141

I think this is a pretty big issue. Nobody in their right mind will ever repurchase Lieutenant or Captain for 15 and 30 fuel respectively. I strongly suggest to remove the fuel cost from these two units completely and to lower the fuel cost of CT after first purchase so people will be able to rebuy them even when they need fuel for something else.

Overall Im satisfied with this patch because it introduced a lot of quality of life changes.

Keep it up.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Beast Slayer wrote:I do not see any changes concerning Wasp though. Will you apply any of the changes I suggested in this thread?
We have not introduced any changes to Wasp because we still have not come to a conclusion what changes should be applied. Another issue is that we want to release the 5.1.7 rather sooner than later and this would be a change which would require a release, collection of feedback, another release with changes according to the feedback, then another feedback collection and another relase with further tweaks... we would end up with at least 3 more betas. We're making rework changes already which means that I need to work separately with one version of files which is the current 5.1.7 beta and another version of files which already includes the changes for the reworks and the longer this keeps going the higher the chance that some files get messed up and more problems would rise up. So Wasp (and possibly flamethrower changes in general) will come later.

Beast Slayer wrote:What about the issue with the permanently present tech up cost affecting British Lieutenant, Captain and Command Tank reported there?
This is another issue - we're thinking about possible rework of CW tech up system so this patch has not introduced any changes for now because it is possible that in near future the changes would be replaced again.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Alright then. Take your time. The most important thing is that you will eventually work on these issues and fix them.

Cheers!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wit the doctrinal changed comming do we also get a def doc tec tree redesign?

I am not sure out of my head how it currently looks like but there is something like an unlock for the 75 mm Pak 40 emplacment which is not connected with 88 emplacment.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have one bunker line with bunker and Panther turret and then an emplacment unlock line with 75 mm, 88 flak 36 and then 88 mm Pak 43. Or the 88´s unlocked together?

Its one of these weird mixed together unlock line with multiple unlocks of different stuff thrown into one single unlock (similiar as Luftwaffe strafe and stuka bombers put in one).

So players could decide going for bunkers which crews cant die (speaking of panther turret) or for emplacments which provides better guns but have a crew that can die.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

- Panzer IV F2 has now AP ammo upgrade as first and HE ammo as second, it used to be the other way which made the game literarly unplayable

Thank you! :D

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

looks fine, thanks.
another question, do you have plans to make leutenanuts cheaper (no fuel cost) after you bought them once?

Viper

Post by Viper »

very good version. safe to go live. i think.