Now listen me carefully and try to understand pls, im not trying to offend you, just wanna make BK better. Whats the problem with previous patches and why game became kinda more boring? Thats because your overnerfes, most of the things needed change for sure, but in not so radical way. Was super OP - now super shit ( 12 recoilles shots instead 3 to kill pz4, commando with smoke are killed by volks instead bashing everything, easy frag stupa instead 1 army unit, all dies in halftruck instead no deaths, worst accuracy of stuh and stupd instead best accuracy and etc.). I will tell here what i would have done with all this, and you will tell me why i maybe not right, ok? Lets start.
The game became nore campy and boring because many things dissapeared after nerf, examples: Super offensive stuh now easy frag, although i never had problems with it ( as inf doc drive on it with halftruck + at team with upgraded zooks inside, truck will take a shot, then boys will kill stuh, as commando just use piat with invisible smoke, hellcat in armor doc, so there were many counters and its kinda balanced). Commando smoke - was one of the best offensive things to prevent early camping with mg42, i always firstly bought 2 commano squads with stens using smoke + good micro + flanking you could break any early defence, interesting and active game. Now i stopped play this doc because it have no doc advantages in compare to airborne, really, can you name at least one? 101s can be equipted for any combat distance + HQ team + res drops adn etc. etc., in Raf doc you must open hakf of your command tree just to allow your commando at least not die from volks squads lol, only few fun things remained in this doc - cangaroo with 2 snipers, commando with enfields and Raf jeep, thats all, other things are just weak. Scott, why the hell you nerfed it, 50 fuel vehicle ( 50f its god damn much for armor doc) with long reload time which can be killed with a single shot of most axis weapons, it was fun fast unit which also was making game active, currently 300mp shermans everywhere, they are slow, cant be atacked by inf at all, but also cant atack, so both sides are just staying, no more fun hunting with scotts as well as fun hunting for scotts. And i can continue in such way about all other cahnges. Now, what i would have done with all it.
The main question, why you denies any balancing with cost adjustments?
1) Stuh, problem was that everybody went for stuhs in bk, it was a good all arround unit if you cover it with AT and good micro managment, bust still could be countered easily actually. I think you had to just adjust its price, imagine 600 MP and 90 F = no more stupid stuh spam, quit balanced, high effective unit, but for big price. People will think 3 times before investing so many res to a unit which can die just from everything and you will stay with naked ass, without res. That also means balanced way of different doc trees, have problems with masses of inf? - open stormtroopers. See that enemie have 2 airdocs and lack of at stuff? - pz4 and ostwinds here. See that 2 brits went for emplacements spam? - there is your expensive stuh
Curently - pz4 absolutely best solution in all situations, because recoilless or commando piats without smoke can only scratch them = more paks from alied side = passive game = more arty.
Before - stuh absolutely best solution in all situations, because very cheap for its prefomance.
And dont tell me about "not any unit should have 100% accuracy", because its only funny, we have 100 accuracy arty, schrecks, he shermans, nearly all tanks with TC missing very rare, but unit with 15 sec. reloading time cant have good accuracy, really? Moreover, this hitting a dirt in front of itself is even less logical than 100% accuracy, crew drunken? or blind?
2) Commando smoke, im sure that it was a problem only because of price, 15 ammo for making your inf immune to all bullets and shells, lol? And still, people played and countered it (ostwind ground fire into smoke\fire nades\gren bundels\S minse of tiger ace\ stupa\ grille or simple have schwims on front, when they were close to commando they werent invisible). For 15 ammo it was activated every time when raf player see enemie and enemie couldnt do much, that was a problem. What if it costed 40 ammo? = powerfull OFFENSIVE ability which must be activated smartly for overruning mg42, or immobolizing heavy tanks, or saving your squad from complete death, or for captureing important res point balanced? i think perfectly.
3) Airstrikes were bashing everything, now 2 ostwinds bashing all planes, no air support = more arty. AA is fine now, adjust planes price (100 ammo strafe and claster bombs, 150 ammo rocket run and thunderbolt 250kg)
4) SE sniper - was a cool unique daddy with semi rifle, on of the ways of preventing airborne inf domination on field. Now just the same as all other snipers, although its doc specific unit. What if it cost 450 mp? Better than other snopers? - yes. More expensive? - yes. And player have choice. to build fully functional stormgrenadiers or a single sniper, which can die just from random shot of anything.
Before - all prefered snipers, because 2 of them could do prettu much.
Currenlty - all prefer stormgrenadiers.
5) Scott - as i already said above, dunno why you changed it, it was already very expensive for 1 shot unit with long cool down. And exactly now, when axis always have tons of grens of field, why dont revive this hunting machine? And again, players have choice, fast scott which can 1 shot squads but also dies with 1 shot, or slow M4 with HE but which can survive up to 4 schrecks and faster reload time. Less staying HE shermans = more active game.
Before - all used scotts.
Now - no scotts.
And this + 10 range will not change anything, why i need big range when unit will not be able to hit anything on it?
5) Biggest fail - non arty doc limitation, together with other change above it leaded to arty parties ( raf cant atack without smoke, He shermans are to slow in compare to scotts, airborne cant atack because 1 pz4 fucks them all, stuhs cant clear the path from emplacements becuase easy frags, btw, yesterday i played vs. maeglin, he is probably the last man who is trying to use stuhs, i just ran on it with inf doc at team, stuh hited a dirt in front of itself and then died) so after that existed SE and CW in every game.
Simple fact, if you have 2 howitzers - you can shoot only with 2, if you have 10 howitzers - you can shoot only with 2. Also this limit is stupid because can be avoided by smart players easily, yesterday i had 6 nebels. As inf doc it looks just ridicoulus, we pushed forward and howitzers out of range now? Sry, crew guys, i must kill you because i need a new howitzer, closer to front.
I like very much what you did to terror, buffed stuka + grens - great offense. Now sometimes dialogs in lobby are like: Do we need SE against def stuff spam? No, ill go terror, stuka is enough for clearing paks and other shit. So, no se, no arty party. And thats very cool wolf, games became better, stuka is not spammable, expensive, terror havent got any res trades, that means that you use arty only exactly when you need it, when CW arty and SE be like: ok, lets shoot to fog of war, maybe i will hit something.
Its a simple example how adding more good arty leads to less amount of arty parties, because there is no extreme need in heavy arty docs. im more than sure that if we will have commando with smoke, scotts, inf arty withouh limits, than CW arty will not be such a "must have" thing on alied side. Also with addind 75mm howitzer to Armor doc. Finally teams will need SE or CW only if WE defence\ CW sappers are going to a real fortifications spam, all other things will be solved with light arty, or inf doc.
6) Field gun - the problem was in very much HP and high accuracy, you nerfed both. My last experince with it: I bought this thing for 350 mp, which is pretty much, placed on field where no obsticles at all to protect my side against inf and what happened? PE at squad came to this area, field gun hited a dirt, guys sprinted to it and killed with a single panzerfaust shot - very fun and effective unit. You had to decrease gun and crew hitpoints without touching accuracy, but you changed both and what now? I havent seen this unit fir a very long time.
7) Stupa - yep, it was 1 army unit, and def player could play only with it and rebuild right after loosing. So, why not make 1 army unit cost like an army? lets say 1000 mp, 100 ammo and 190 fuel. 1 more choice for player, invest res to a unit which might be very deadly, but also can die from 1 17p shot, hellcat , rocket run or whatever.
8) Usa halftruck - was the way of axis superior in early game compensation, because they have scout cars, absolutely deadly mg42s, 81mm mortars much earlier than USA and etc., this truck sometimes was the only hope for preventing axis heavy camping ( run through mg and pak, kill morta truck and etc.). it was never a big threat to skilled axis player, bring schreck on front, keep it together with volks equipted by mp40, and this truck cant do anything). Now its a completely BS which cant help you, since all dead when truck explodes, i completely stopped to use it after vet 2 rangers and vet 1 at team died there after schreck shot from max distance. Players had choice - this truck with inf or Greyhound\quad call and etc., now they havent, nobodu builds this truck. You had to limit explode deaths to 50% at least, in that case trucks still will be usefull, but you will also have some inf looses after explode.
I will stop here, hope you got my point. I really belive that all this old fun things together with good changes you did (terror reworked a bit, good armor for churchils and etc. will make game a way better).
Last edited by Sukin-kot (SVT)
on 14 Feb 2015, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.