5.1.6 beta4

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
kwok
Team Member

Re: 5.1.6 beta4

Post by kwok »

ah, so im not the only one with 25 pounder problems... thougth it was just my bad luck it bugged out a couple times. tried testing multiple times but couldn't reproduce consistently.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

seha wrote:the 25 pounders are bugged. most of the time they dont want to fire. unless it is very close range and only when they don't have to rotate.
This has been around for a long time and it happens to all kinds of static howitzers - US, WM and CW to both emplaced and naked versions. Unless there is someone who can tell me how to reproduce the bug, it is hard to fix it. :/

seha wrote:and when the supercharge rounds in royal artillery is unlocked. the yellow circle that indicate the barrage does not get bigger with more range anymore for priest and 25 pounders. it gets bigger normally before the unlock. but after the unlock it will be same on every range.
Minor thing, overlooked in the first place.

seha wrote:also after you unlock the super charge rounds for royal artillery. the british mortar emplacement barrage will be free to use and cost nothing.
Another overlooked thing.

seha wrote:goliath cant be repaired. and it should be very hard to hit with cannons. any cannons.
The chance to hit this thing is not very high for cannons. It is usually not more than 30% even at close range.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:I think about the smoke that now almost no body use it(I don't know why) because it is free, but if you put price to it I am sure that the 99% of folks here won't use it any more, also I think that the mortars need to cost munition even if you have to pay for the mortars barrage (may be 10 or 15) other way we will have in few minutes(4 or 5) or less, The 81mm German mortar festival in the field.

Sure? its 330 ammo afterall. Even when i was literally swimming in ammo i didnt build more than two of them. For what reason? You cant just spend like 1000 MP for 3 mortars without protecting units.
And even if there are two of them, why not? It wont be worse than a single mortar that makes barrages nonstop.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Viper

Post by Viper »

MarKr wrote:This has been around for a long time and it happens to all kinds of static howitzers - US, WM and CW to both emplaced and naked versions. Unless there is someone who can tell me how to reproduce the bug, it is hard to fix it. :/

i know. but i think the 25 pounders are now particularly more broken with this bug. they are impossible to use.

and the thing with supercharge unlock. i think when this thing is unlocked. all arty units affected by the unlock will be using 5.1.5 artillery values. thats why the mortar barrage becomes free and yellow circles never get bigger.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

When auto-aiming grenade will be fixed?

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

seha wrote:
MarKr wrote:This has been around for a long time and it happens to all kinds of static howitzers - US, WM and CW to both emplaced and naked versions. Unless there is someone who can tell me how to reproduce the bug, it is hard to fix it. :/

i know. but i think the 25 pounders are now particularly more broken with this bug. they are impossible to use.

and the thing with supercharge unlock. i think when this thing is unlocked. all arty units affected by the unlock will be using 5.1.5 artillery values. thats why the mortar barrage becomes free and yellow circles never get bigger.

Did u build them close to a tree building wall or wathever yellow cover close?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@mofeta: Since our test game, I've tried the howitzers more on my test map and the problem was there even if there were no walls or trees around so I guess this is not the core of the problem.

Mr. FeministDonut

No any markkr responding on my question... >.>

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

@FeministDonut
By auto aiming grenade, you mean AT rifle grenade of rifle squad? It's engine limitation, nothing can be done about this. It's the same with rockets from shrecks that behave like quided and follow the target even if it's moving quickly.
@bugged howizers
The problem is that when you have some obstacles around you the static gun simply cant turn and it bugs out. Same with terrain slop. If you build on uneven terrain or have your priest/wespe etc. on a slop, it won't fire. Engine limitation aswell I guess.

Mr. FeministDonut

The New BK Champion wrote:@FeministDonut
By auto aiming grenade, you mean AT rifle grenade of rifle squad? It's engine limitation, nothing can be done about this. It's the same with rockets from shrecks that behave like quided and follow the target even if it's moving quickly.
@bugged howizers
The problem is that when you have some obstacles around you the static gun simply cant turn and it bugs out. Same with terrain slop. If you build on uneven terrain or have your priest/wespe etc. on a slop, it won't fire. Engine limitation aswell I guess.

AT rifle nade I believe is okay, since it's won in RNG roll, but what I actually mean is a usual grenade, that being thrown out of the building and being flying out of range, right in the enemy squad even if you didn't select them

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:No any markkr responding on my question... >.>
This is something I've never found any trace of its origin and I presume it is some engine glitch. The only solution I can think of would be making the grenades unavailable to use from buildings.

The New BK Champion wrote:The problem is that when you have some obstacles around you the static gun simply cant turn and it bugs out. Same with terrain slop. If you build on uneven terrain or have your priest/wespe etc. on a slop, it won't fire. Engine limitation aswell I guess.
This does not seem to be the case - as I wrote, I have a testing map and I tried to build the howitzer in place where there was completely flat terrain and no trees, walls, bushes or any obstacles around and it still did not shoot some times. Not sure if the terrain slop plays a role or not, I have not tested that.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

the fire shot of the PE mortar, has the same range as the normal shot ... was one of the changes?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

It has always been like that oO
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Warhawks97 wrote:
MEFISTO wrote:I think about the smoke that now almost no body use it(I don't know why) because it is free, but if you put price to it I am sure that the 99% of folks here won't use it any more, also I think that the mortars need to cost munition even if you have to pay for the mortars barrage (may be 10 or 15) other way we will have in few minutes(4 or 5) or less, The 81mm German mortar festival in the field.

Sure? its 330 ammo afterall. Even when i was literally swimming in ammo i didnt build more than two of them. For what reason? You cant just spend like 1000 MP for 3 mortars without protecting units.
And even if there are two of them, why not? It wont be worse than a single mortar that makes barrages nonstop.

Ok this is my point, now in the early game with standard resource a German player have to make some important decisions like upgrade his volks with mp44, make an Mg or save ammo to make his deadly 81mm mortar, in the new patch German players don't have to worry about it so technically the mortar will come early than before in almost all of the times reducing the small time advantage of allies player with theirs 61mm mortar{(before pick any doctrine)}. Also I remember a lot of patch before when allies can make the 81mm mortar Halftrack without Upgraded Production of the Motor Pool(they did it for a reason) to balance the times (extend it) between the German can make the normal 81mm mortar and Allies can make the 81mm mortar Halftrack, so if the mortar doesn't cost ammo you will brake the time in almost all of the time between 61mm and 81mm.
And about the 81mm mortar festival in a 3v3 or 4v4 you will see it don't worry. :lol:

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Warhawks97 wrote:It has always been like that oO

or rays, you're right

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The New BK Champion wrote:@FeministDonut
@bugged howizers

TECHNICALLY this can be changed. but gameplay recommended not because it will be annoyingly hard to hit anything because units don't try to track their targets on the move. balancing it will be extremely hard.
but TECHNICALLY, you can make a schrek shot something like a straight shooting mortar shot that does a lot of damage to tanks when it hits within the hitbox of a tank. tried it in coh2, it just feels messy than what it's worth. the amount of times you'd miss vs the amount of times you visually recognize a homing rocket (because most the time it is always homing but you dont notice) is too different.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

yser

Post by yser »

just tried 4v4 and I notice
Stuart not need HE +mortars taking ammo +hostkiss still OP 78 kill in game

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

New mortar changes = awesome sauce

New Goliath changes = good (I actually buy them now and don't feel they're a total waste)

Luftwaffle = doesn't need Hetzer (source - Kwok played this round drunk as Luftwaffle and didn't use hetzer or Panther)

yeet.jpg

Love the new top MG changes with Americans.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

I agree on what Walderschmidt said in that i like the new changes to the the top mg's, mortars, and goliaths, but on the point about the hetzer, i would rather they get rid of the panther and leave the hetzer since it can still deal with heavy tanks with no issue if it is cloaked. The panther is completely unnecesary for an airborne doctrine though, maybe switch their pz4 f2 to an h or j to compensate

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

yser wrote:just tried 4v4 and I notice

The bug with hotchkiss will be fixed. Markr managed to locate the problem :)
I disagree with removing hetzer from luft. It makes more sense to get rid of panther if u really have to remove something...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Im glad that the latest changes are efficient in games, step by step, bit by bit.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I agree. There's no reason Luftwaffle should have the Panther. At the very least make it so they can only have one if you want to test things out.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Viper

Post by Viper »

yes. i agree with everyone. move panther.d to blitz doctrine as reward for panther.a and get leig18 unlock in luft.

remove firefly from raf and get 75mm howitzers unlock same as american airborne. it will be small arty tool for raf too. just like lieg18 for luft.

keep hetzer and achilles in luft and raf.
both are weaker now anyway. hetzer lost flank speed and achilles turret getting much slower. no need to remove them.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

yser wrote:just tried 4v4 and I notice

Use Hotschkis need's to cost a bit more like 65