Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.5

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.5

Post by MarKr »

@mofeta: Thanks for report, will be fixed.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Comet might be having the old armor values too, not just the old cost.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Mefisto and I have been unable to throw grenades from buildings.

Or use panzerfaust.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@Wald: That is weird...nothing was changed about the internal functioning of grenade or panzerfaust abilities :?

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

Walderschmidt wrote:Mefisto and I have been unable to throw grenades from buildings.

Or use panzerfaust.

Wald

That's an old bug that happens from time to time in all versions. Especially when there is no window facing the direction u want to throw a grenade at.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Comet might be having the old armor values too, not just the old cost.

yes, comet uses the old costs and values. Somehow the old Comet tank file made it into it.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:Comet might be having the old armor values too, not just the old cost.

yes, comet uses the old costs and values. Somehow the old Comet tank file made it into it.

Yeah...

And honestly though, I have hard times believing it was just an accident... I mean, not trying to point my fingers at anyone here.. but just how come?

Comet was changed on v5.1.3 so how could it be possible that the old files would "just jump" into v5.1.5 somehow??

It's less hard to believe what happened if the Comet changes were implemented on v5.1.4 because it's just the previous version then.. but really, how come that some changes from 2 versions away would suddenly just jump in??!!
I think it's a logical question, things don't just "undo" themselves... WTF!

This way... Would it be correct to doubt or suspect that ALL the changes of 5.1.3 have been also undone?? And not just the Comets part?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2467
I think the next thing we need to make sure of, right now.. is to check whether those 5.1.3 changes are all still intact into the current new version.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

No Tiger, it can happen. It happend in previous versions as well. For example in one version the Axis guns had been reverted (using old stats). I hinted markr but i did that secretly and nobody even noticed such things. This one is just an obvious one. Trust me such things can happen. Btw it already existed in past beta versions. I checked it out a few mins ago. I saved all the files back to 4.xx versions. This didnt came with release but already made it into the beta without anyone noticing it (perhaps all of you guys prefered playing the official versions instead of the Beta? I had to test stuff in Beta against Bots but i didnt tested comets bc there was no change planned so i didnt expect an error here).

And sometimes weird things happen that are hardly explainable. I modded myself arround and strange things can happen. I also had stats changed on stuff i didnt touch for months and crashes out of nowehere. Or a file causing a crash and saving it again in the same way and suddenly the game runs.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

We will fix stuff like that in a hotfix.

And yes Tiger, it can happen.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:yes, comet uses the old costs and values. Somehow the old Comet tank file made it into it.
Yeah, don't know how that happened but some changes from 5.1.3 are not there - specifically the changes to Staghounds and also costs of field medic squads, but other things seem to be there.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

MarKr wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:yes, comet uses the old costs and values. Somehow the old Comet tank file made it into it.
Yeah, don't know how that happened but some changes from 5.1.3 are not there - specifically the changes to Staghounds and also costs of field medic squads, but other things seem to be there.

What a mess :/

Frost

Post by Frost »

The New BK Champion wrote:
MarKr wrote:

What a mess :/

:roll: :D

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Actually, I though, if we can lower the cost of AP shells, let's say at least for the towed AT guns, for 15-25 ammunition down? For example right now, the biggest German non-doctrinal pak is unnable to penetrate Firefly for example, or Jumbo 75.
Allied 57mm that can't be used without AP rounds loaded. Instead of buffing the penetration (when there was changes regarding making it worse perfomance than before), I suggest just make AP rounds a bit cheaper, just like it was made with HMG 42

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:Actually, I though, if we can lower the cost of AP shells, let's say at least for the towed AT guns, for 15-25 ammunition down? For example right now, the biggest German non-doctrinal pak is unnable to penetrate Firefly for example, or Jumbo 75.

Huh? Cant pen firefly?! So far all axis guns calibre 75 mm and L/46 and 48 have chances to pen jumbo. Woth ambush and AP even quite good chances.
And Firefly?

Allied 57mm that can't be used without AP rounds loaded. Instead of buffing the penetration (when there was changes regarding making it worse perfomance than before), I suggest just make AP rounds a bit cheaper, just like it was made with HMG 42

The 57 mm costs only 50 ammo iirc like 17 pdrs AP. 25 seems a bit too cheap or? I mean who would shoot without it? It is a tactical decision and should not become some sort of no-brainer i would say.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Spoiler: show
Huh? Cant pen firefly?! So far all axis guns calibre 75 mm and L/46 and 48 have chances to pen jumbo. Woth ambush and AP even quite good chances.
And Firefly?

What's the numbers of it penetration then? Any stream I watches or either playing my own games against those vehicles without APCR rounds loaded, showing bad performance against them, with a bigger AT gun being also bad at speed.

Spoiler: show
The 57 mm costs only 50 ammo iirc like 17 pdrs AP. 25 seems a bit too cheap or? I mean who would shoot without it? It is a tactical decision and should not become some sort of no-brainer i would say.

I don't think spending MP first on a gun, that should constantly drain your ammunition too make any use of useless anti-tank gun, is a really what was planned.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:What's the numbers of it penetration then? Any stream I watches or either playing my own games against those vehicles without APCR rounds loaded, showing bad performance against them, with a bigger AT gun being also bad at speed.

Pak 40 has 24,975% pen vs jumbo and 31,21875% when in ambush.

vs Firfefly it should be 78,75% normal and 98,4375% when shooting from ambush.
When Firefly got that armor upgrade that drops to 63% and 78,75%.

With other words: Firefly is a normal sherman and with upgrades it becomes a bit better than an easy eight. However second sandbags on e8 makes the e8 better again.

I don't think spending MP first on a gun, that should constantly drain your ammunition too make any use of useless anti-tank gun, is a really what was planned.

I dont see a huge issue here. The heavy AT take on medium tanks quite well. Not guranteed pen but they do the job. Increasing it would make AP shots useless or?

The mediums combine cheap cost, mobility and rof with high efficiency vs all vehicles and even medium tanks. The Allieds got recently boosted in 5.14 and performed much worse.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Original post updated with hotfix changelog which should be released later today.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

HotFix currently live on Beta-testing branch.
Will be switched to normal if everything is okay later today.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Haven't had a chance to test, having a hard time finding testers, only complainers. Anyone online wanting to get a game?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

I tested with Frost, Shanks, and Yser. And we just finished...

Hotchkiss is fine now, Comet price & armor are also fixed, HE rounds ability for 76 Jumbo is working now.
Didn't test Priest yet, but i will do that soon.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Ok, 5.1.5 HF switched to normal branch.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

I use non-Steam COH.

Is the 5.1.5 installer out yet?

If so, could someone provide a link, please.

I have Googled.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hi,

sorry but since we got to Steam we no longer release non-steam installers. Steam is now the only place where we upload updates.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

MarKr wrote:sorry but since we got to Steam we no longer release non-steam installers. Steam is now the only place where we upload updates.

I have a 5.1.3 beta installer.

I think this must have been after you came to Steam?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

That is weird...I thought the last version we released as non-steam was the 5.1.0. Where did you get the installer? Moddb?