5.1.5 beta v3

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: 5.1.5 beta v3

Post by MarKr »

You said you played vs the same 3 players every time...is it possible that one of them was the source of the desync? Maybe due to bad internet connection or slow PC? Nobody else mentioned anything about desync so perhaps the source is not in the game? Hard to say without more info...

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:You said you played vs the same 3 players every time...is it possible that one of them was the source of the desync? Maybe due to bad internet connection or slow PC? Nobody else mentioned anything about desync so perhaps the source is not in the game? Hard to say without more info...

Unsure. Had the same group on today plus 2 more and successfully played 2 3v3 matches without desync. My guess is map problem.

Fields of Engagement, for one, is notorious for both desyncs and crashes. Would you look into it, please? That's one of my favorite maps.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

We played the revised trun too, that desync'd almost immediately. But come to think of it, we played with the SAME players today successfully with even more players. So it does sound like a problem of one of the players maybe having an unlucky bad connection one day. IRL RNG hates us too apparently.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Im pretty sure the desync occurs when one player of the group don’t have a good ping or having pack losses on some maps who demands more pc ressources, if its the case it fuck up the whole team game.
I also noticed that the CW faction is demanding more pc ressources.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Walderschmidt wrote:Fields of Engagement, for one, is notorious for both desyncs and crashes. Would you look into it, please? That's one of my favorite maps.
This is playmobil's field of expertise. I will try to reach him and ask if some fix is possible.

Darkone7

Post by Darkone7 »

Bad connection / high ping or weak pc doesn't desync, for me it was often while someone placing a pnzwerfer barrage on certain maps.
trolling is also a possibility, we all know how to cause a desync

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I wouldn't be so sure that "Bad connection / high ping or weak pc doesn't desync" desyncs often happen after you start seeing the message "Waiting for player X to catch up (grace left X seconds)" - this is, as far as I know caused by high ping/bad connection.

Anyway this is exactly why it is hard to solve desync issues - everyone tells you that the desync is "most likely caused by X", but for each player "X = different thing". And as you said - there are ways to desync the game intentionally and it is not like the person who does that would tell to the others "Hey, I desynced the game intentionally" so the rest of the players in the match are only left with guesses of what it actually caused.