Public Beta access

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Public Beta access

Post by MarKr »

Hello,

in a few days we would like to release a beta with several quite important changes and we need a thorough testing so we decided to make beta public. If you want to participate in beta testing follow these steps:
1) In your Steam library right-click on "Company of Heroes: Blitzkrieg Mod" and select "Properties"

2) Click on "Betas" tab and into the "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas" field write "currentBKbeta" (without the quotation marks) and click the "Check code" button:

3) In the "select beta you would like to opt into" field, select "beta-testing - Beta testing branch" and then click "Close"

4) If everything went right, you should see in your Steam library "Company of Heroes: Blitzkrieg Mod [beta-testing]" instead of just "Company of Heroes: Blitzkrieg Mod":

You can switch back to non-beta anytime by right-licking at the CoH:BK in your Steam library -> Properties -> Betas Tab -> in the "select beta you would like to opt into" choose "NONE - opt out of all beta programs":

If you want to play beta, you need to play with people who also have the beta-testing active, otherwise you will get a desync in first few seconds of the game or you won't see the non-beta games in the lobby at all.

Right now the files available on beta are the same as the files in the live version. The beta will be updated in few days, we will announce you when it happens.

If you decide to play the beta, we would appreciate some feedback - that is the whole point of beta program :)

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Public Beta access

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Cool.. but I think next time you should use Discord more often when there are any sort of announcements ;) Because actually I think Discord is becoming more active than any other platform at the moment... Not just for Bk Mod but also other mods. Looks like that Discord didn't only replace the old TeamSpeak servers.. but apparently it's also replacing most online forums across the web!

yorkchang

Post by yorkchang »

Hello,I' m a hardcore players for BK mod. I have the experience of unlimited recruiting snipers. Could you create two game mode, one is unlocking the limitation of resources, another one is tank mode, which only allows produce tanks, panzers, half-tracks,tracks, other vehicle and repair personnel. I'm looking forward to play a tank battle with my friends. Thank you very much.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Hi. Is the beta still the same as the live files as I'm not getting a download.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:Hi. Is the beta still the same as the live files as I'm not getting a download.

yes.
517 beta = 517 official
at the moment.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Viper wrote:
Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:Hi. Is the beta still the same as the live files as I'm not getting a download.

yes.
517 beta = 517 official
at the moment.

OK, thanks.

Malarki83

Post by Malarki83 »

Where do i see the version number of the Mod? Ingame i only see the version of CoH itself. I´ve signed up for Beta today.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The game version is not visible in the game but if you have steam set to auto-update, you always have the latest live or beta version (based on if you have beta active or not).

Malarki83

Post by Malarki83 »

I have Beta active, but it didn´t start any download

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Malarki83 wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 13:58
I have Beta active, but it didn´t start any download
The current version is the same as the beta.

That is to say, a beta got released and then after enough feedback it was approved and the main version was updated to the beta version.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Malarki83

Post by Malarki83 »

Ahhh ok thanks!