5.1.4 preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Warhawks97

Re: 5.1.4 preview

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
M3 is up to Wolf....it is a visual glitch but not really any serious, it is not like the main purpose of M3 should be mobile fire platform for infantry. It is a transporter that provides cover to loaded infantry, even if they cannot shoot from it, it is not a big problem.

are you sure? There have been plenty of players using this vehicle with inf inside. I used it sometimes with rifles inside and it is an armored transporter from which the people inside can shoot in all directions while being so far bulletproof to small arms.
If we would only need a transporter we could build trucks (we just would have to give them the ablity to reinforce nearby units).
Lots of people used it with bazooka teams inside. But that was a part i didnt like bc you could rush tanks and vehicles too easily.
For me it was a combat transporter which i used as fireplatform with infantry also staying arround it and reinforcing.

It would be really great to have this fixed. Even just for optical reasons. All other armored transport vehicles have their soldiers visibile and able to shoot.
The cheaper HT version got even removed from BK bc of this glitch.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

If I am sure about its intended purpose? Yes, I am but, you speak about the way people used (or maybe abused?) it. Yes, people used it as a mobile infantry-shooting platform. But it is meant to be a trasporter that provides protection from small arms to infantry + can provide fire support from the MG.
Some of the armored transports (Kangaroo or the other CW armored truck) don't have weapons on their own, M3 still has the .50cal so in terms of firepower even with the glitch, M3 is still doing better than some other armored transporters in the game.
The M2 was removed but it could have stayed, just cheaper and always with the canope, thus no visual problem. But it was ove

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:What kind of reasoning is this? Marder never had flank speed and so it should get it now because Hellcat has no longer the speed boost when it leaves camo? :?

You got it wrong, I think.
I said Marder.3 should get flank speed as well as Hellcat, I mean in case that Hellcat would have it too...
Also because Marder3 dies easily with any regular bullets, which isn't really fair to be honest!

MarKr wrote:Hellcat is still way faster than M10 you cannot really say that it has no speed advantage.
It can stay like this.

I am afraid u r just killing the Hellcat this way. No one ever complained about the Hellcat speed performance.. so why nerfing it??
Hellcat has basic speed of 8 and Wolverine has basic speed of 5 so the Hellcat is obviously faster by default.. true, but I think the flank speed ability is still superior without any doubt, specifically in terms of providing acceleration.

MarKr wrote:Yes, I am but, you speak about the way people used (or maybe abused?) it. Yes, people used it as a mobile infantry-shooting platform. But it is meant to be a trasporter that provides protection from small arms to infantry + can provide fire support from the MG.

Transporter vehicles are not just transporter vehicles.. combat half-tracks were designed so that infantry could be quickly transported anywhere on the battlefield, but also the half-tracks were open from the top for a reason... Soldiers inside are always supposed to fire whatever weapons they have, and there is no abuse with AT teams inside HTs anymore after adding the 2s aim time for handheld AT weapons!
Anyways, hopefully Wolf could find a solution for it at some point then.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:If I am sure about its intended purpose? Yes, I am but, you speak about the way people used (or maybe abused?) it. Yes, people used it as a mobile infantry-shooting platform. But it is meant to be a trasporter that provides protection from small arms to infantry + can provide fire support from the MG.

Oh, so what about other HT´s such as the 250 and 251? Make the guys inside invisible as well so that the vehicle can "serve its (BK) purpose"?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Oh come on, don't make it like "allies dont have it, so let axis not have it too".

It is a bug, it will be fixed, but it is not something that should make "zomg we should revolt about how unfair and catastrophic it is" reactions. Current function is completely ok from our point of view, but "better" function is also not completely bad, so, just... it will be fixed. No need for any more drama.

And 5.1.4 will be live on normal non-beta branch.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

hahahhahahaa

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Wolf wrote:Oh come on, don't make it like "allies dont have it, so let axis not have it too".

It is a bug, it will be fixed, but it is not something that should make "zomg we should revolt about how unfair and catastrophic it is" reactions. Current function is completely ok from our point of view, but "better" function is also not completely bad, so, just... it will be fixed. No need for any more drama.

Welp, but hellcat without flanking speed its close to catastrophic. Just saying unless u make further buffs to his default speed

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf wrote:Oh come on, don't make it like "allies dont have it, so let axis not have it too".

Good morning...

Viper

Post by Viper »

Tiger1996 wrote:Good morning...

yes :mrgreen:

his first public forum post in 2018 :D his last one was in december 2017 so.....good morning wolf !

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

do i need to download whole bk mod again to play 5.1.4 patch. i have 5.1.3 mod installed and working good.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

If you run the steam version, it will update to the latest version automatically (as long as you have that enabled).
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

i have steam version but very limited data. around 300mb for now. so will it download whole bk mod of around 2.5gb all again?

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Technically, the patch should only be a few MB, but don't hold me to that - I didn't pay attection to that because for me it's a non-issue (unlimited high-speed internet will make you not care about file sizes...).
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

k thanks i hope it will be a few mbs.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The patch files are less than 3MB in total, so you should be fine ;)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

For those who haven't noticed yet - the update was relesed yesterday ;)

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

why is this update preventing me from showing ingame. i only show up online on steam even if i am playing bk mod

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I am not sure what you mean. Other people can't see you in game lobby?

|7th|Nighthawk

Post by |7th|Nighthawk »

No, you cannot see that he's ingame. He shows up as online and if you want to invite him ingame, he shows as offline.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Does that happen for all of you or only him?

The update should only work with the mod files so it should not affect Steam's ability to see people online...

Krieger Blitzer

sami bosal wrote:why is this update preventing me from showing ingame. i only show up online on steam even if i am playing bk mod

Did you close the Bk launcher after running the game?
If you close the Bk launcher, people will not see you online in their CoH friends list.. keep the launcher running in the background as long as you are playing Bk Mod anytime.

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

Tiger1996 wrote:
sami bosal wrote:why is this update preventing me from showing ingame. i only show up online on steam even if i am playing bk mod

Did you close the Bk launcher after running the game?
If you close the Bk launcher, people will not see you online in their CoH friends list.. keep the launcher running in the background as long as you are playing Bk Mod anytime.

i will try next time

Krieger Blitzer

Alright, let us know.

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

i tried open launcher in background but same situation. shows online on steam but offline in the game.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

But still - does this happen only to you, or is it the case for everyone?