Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.1 Limited Steam Beta

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Michael_Z_Freeman

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.1 Limited Steam Beta

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Would love a key ! :mrgreen:

MarKr wrote:For all of you testing the beta build - the changes and mod in general is made to be played under certain settings and other settings might cause ballance issues. The seetings were mentioned 1000times but just to be safe, I will say it once more:
- 2v2 or 3v3
- High resources
- big maps (prefferably the +1 system)
If someone reports that he played 5 games on Angloville map, all with the same doc and got his ass kicked every time and thus the doc is "weak and needs buff" - such report is useless because the game was not played on the needed settings. If you don't like the recommended settings, try to "suffer
through" a few games like that anyway - just for the testing purposes. If you're not willing to do that, you should probably not ask for the beta access.

Never heard those recommended settings before. Is that just for this beta or a general BK thing ?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:Never heard those recommended settings before. Is that just for this beta or a general BK thing ?

Not just the beta of course, but generally.

Though I would probably have to say that also a 4vs4 wouldn't be a problem at all, but only if you find a big enough map for it... Such as this extremely huge map right there for example; viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1605 Which is going to be added into the mod at some point soon!

I might also add that standard and high resources are both rather OK in my humble opinion, as I believe that it highly depends on the map you are going to play after all, when a map is already rich with resource points.. then it fits more for standard resources... And vice versa.
But that's just my opinion...

BloodyRacer

Post by BloodyRacer »

I would like to have a key too. Thanks in advance

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The recommended settings have been on the old launchers for some time, no longer there since latest patches.

If you want more detailed opinions on settings, particularly the ones that were recommended, can check out these posts:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=736
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2397
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hey, I was away for last few days with mostly none internet connection so only now I can start replying...

I have two keys left. As it was said that it will be "first come first served" I will send them to those who asked first. If we'll have more keys, they will be distributed again.

aReallySourKraut wrote:Quick question...if people are on the beta, can they connect to non-beta games? Are most of the BK Community playing the beta these days?
Those who have beta access can play with other people but need to "switch" versions (which is a "5-click" process). So it is not the case that with beta access you can no longer play regular games. But when you have beta active, you cannot join games of people who have "classic" 5.0.0 version.

Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:Never heard those recommended settings before. Is that just for this beta or a general BK thing ?
Just as kwok said - it used to be clearly written in the launcher but then we made adjustments for the Steam release and it is not shown there now. However the settings are (and have been for a long time) recommended for general BK. Check kwok's links he provided above - he explains there in detail what advantages these settings have and how it prevents ballance issues.

Arowes

Post by Arowes »

Any keys remaining?

Thobraa

Post by Thobraa »

Hey i would like to have a key for the beta also is it possible to get 3 more for my friends?

zach6844

Post by zach6844 »

can i have a key, if any are left.

Jaimy2709

Post by Jaimy2709 »

Could i get 2 Steam keys

kind regards,

J.Drescher

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I am sorry guys, all keys have been given, there are no left.

Gurkenkilla

Post by Gurkenkilla »

Is it possible to post the Changelog of the Beta here?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, changelog added to the first post in the thread.

Gurkenkilla

Post by Gurkenkilla »

Thanks MarKr for the Changelog and all the effort you put in BK Mod! :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:
EDIT by MarKr:
There was a request to post the changelog too. So I add it here rather than somewhere to the middle of the thread:

General:

- Revised performance of various AA units vs planes
- Your medics now need to collect 18 wounded soldiers from the field in order for you to get a free squad

That changes on AA means what? Buffs, nerfs?
Ok. Sounds good but with which exact intention? Less zombie armies? (Esspecially def doc and inf doc)

US:
- Tweaked M1 Garands for Rangers and Riflemen
- Riflegrenades are now available to all doctrines
- Riflegrenades now require WSC building instead of Motorpool
- When you purchase Rifle grenade upgrade you cannot purchase BARs or Grease guns any longer and vice versa
- Cost of Riflemen increased to 255MP
- Cost of Rangers increased to 390MP

What kind of tweak is it? Are Rangers now significantly better than Rifle squads just like grens and assault grens are significantly better than volks and normal Pgrens? According to the new cost it seems that they can compete with heavy assault grens. Hopefully this is the first step of a general revision of US faction is purely being a trash spam faction.
That thing with rifle nade is a nice new approach. That it comes with wsc is a good thing.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:That changes on AA means what? Buffs, nerfs?
Both, depending on unit. No, it is not the "CD/clip size" rework you wanted.
Warhawks97 wrote:Ok. Sounds good but with which exact intention? Less zombie armies? (Esspecially def doc and inf doc)
Pretty much, yes. Main INTENDED purpose of triage centers was a healing point for infantry and a side feature was the ability to provide free squads, however people often seen it like "Triage centers? Yes, they give you free squads...oh, btw they can also heal your infantry." another thing was that each faction received a free squad of different strenght (US<WM<CW) while PE got nothing. This way players will primarily need to spend resources on infantry and not just rely on getting the free stuff.

Warhawks97 wrote:What kind of tweak is it? Are Rangers now significantly better than Rifle squads just like grens and assault grens are significantly better than volks and normal Pgrens? According to the new cost it seems that they can compete with heavy assault grens. Hopefully this is the first step of a general revision of US faction is purely being a trash spam faction.
That thing with rifle nade is a nice new approach. That it comes with wsc is a good thing.
I'm not giving you any specific numbers. Howevevr Riflemen are now more suited for "fire superiority" - shoot faster with less accuracy and "some of those bullets will hit"; because of this change there is little reason to gain accuacy boost with vet levels because low basic accuracy value gains very little from the vet bonus, so to make things more consistent Riflemen shoot even faster with vet levels (but gain no accuracy buffs with veterancy).
Rangers shoot slower with their Garands at longer ranges (about same speed as Kar98s) and are more accurate with their Garands than now but still less accurate than Grenadiers with Kar98s, but they have another change that boosts their performance a bit (I will not tell what it is in order not affect the beta testers in their objective perception of the change; but sofar from the feedback I received Rangers "feel noticeably stronger").

Rifle nades for Riflemen are an alternative early-game AT option for the US. It requires purchasing the upgrade (35ammo iirc) + spend ammo on each shot and the shot can miss, so it is not 100% shoot-kill solution but simply another thing that can be used in the early game vs vehicles.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Both, depending on unit. No, it is not the "CD/clip size" rework you wanted.

Ok. well i didnt want to push it further anyway. Just asking if we have a more logical difference in Anti-Air efficiency. Like 40/37 mm> quad cal 50 and 20 mm> single mounts.

Pretty much, yes. Main INTENDED purpose of triage centers was a healing point for infantry and a side feature was the ability to provide free squads, however people often seen it like "Triage centers? Yes, they give you free squads...oh, btw they can also heal your infantry." another thing was that each faction received a free squad of different strenght (US<WM<CW) while PE got nothing. This way players will primarily need to spend resources on infantry and not just rely on getting the free stuff.

Like it.

I'm not giving you any specific numbers. Howevevr Riflemen are now more suited for "fire superiority" - shoot faster with less accuracy and "some of those bullets will hit"; because of this change there is little reason to gain accuacy boost with vet levels because low basic accuracy value gains very little from the vet bonus, so to make things more consistent Riflemen shoot even faster with vet levels (but gain no accuracy buffs with veterancy).

Just nice, like that change. Glad we ultimately got to understood it (that part with 0x0=0)

Rangers shoot slower with their Garands at longer ranges (about same speed as Kar98s) and are more accurate with their Garands than now but still less accurate than Grenadiers with Kar98s, but they have another change that boosts their performance a bit (I will not tell what it is in order not affect the beta testers in their objective perception of the change; but sofar from the feedback I received Rangers "feel noticeably stronger").

Great. If i may ask: How many testers do we have? Just asking for the number, not names.

Rifle nades for Riflemen are an alternative early-game AT option for the US. It requires purchasing the upgrade (35ammo iirc) + spend ammo on each shot and the shot can miss, so it is not 100% shoot-kill solution but simply another thing that can be used in the early game vs vehicles.

ok
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:Great. If i may ask: How many testers do we have? Just asking for the number, not names.
It is currently around 25 people...however we did not receive much of feedback yet. This either means that the current beta is quite fine or people who asked for beta keys don't actually play and thus have thing to report (in which case they key was sort of wasted on them) or they only asked for beta to have the newer stuff with shorter AT aim times and don't care about reporting anything...I would like to believe it is the first option, but at the same time that option seems most unlikely :lol:

EDIT:
Just asking if we have a more logical difference in Anti-Air efficiency. Like 40/37 mm> quad cal 50 and 20 mm> single mounts.
I already said this in the other topic - what you call here "more logical difference" is purely based on historical accuracy and would be a nightmare for balance. We simply cannot have base defenses of some faction 3x more effective than defenses of another. We need to keep the gameplay in mind here.

Glad we ultimately got to understood it (that part with 0x0=0)
That was understood the whole time, basic math. But some people in their exagerations couldn't understand that 0.22 is not 0 and and 1.05 is 0 neither and thus it is not 0x0=0 but rather 0.22x1.05=0.231 which is not 0 :lol:

Watman

Post by Watman »

Well, if I have something worth telling you ... I will.

But i don't think ur interested in feedback like .. PAK is crappy now or I liked the old faction flags better.

Nessi

Post by Nessi »

hi i would like to join the beta

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@watman: how is "PAK crappy NOW"? the initial aim time was halved, so how come it is more crappy now in beta than in 5.0.0? :?

Watman

Post by Watman »

Well ... I never played the 5.0.0 version so I compared it to before 5.0.0

Psychologic

Post by Psychologic »

Wolf wrote:Hey guys,

we have made another progress in our way to steam. As part of pre-steam release we are offering interested players access to our otherwise closed beta builds.

Any player who writes here can request steam key for Company of Heroes: Blitzkrieg Mod. You have to own and have installed Company of Heroes on steam (it was recently renamed from new steam version to just Company of Heroes).

I or another team member will then send you the key and instructions how to join beta-branch. You can activate that key like you would from any other game in steam.

You can simply switch between 5.0.0 and 5.1.1 beta on steam.

So, anyone interested?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT by MarKr:
There was a request to post the changelog too. So I add it here rather than somewhere to the middle of the thread:

General:
- Improved faction flags in the game lobby
- Fixed missing part of texture on some Axis infantry units
- for 37mm, 50mm and 57mm guns delay before first shot reduced to half
- Revised performance of various AA units vs planes
- Your medics now need to collect 18 wounded soldiers from the field in order for you to get a free squad
- Medic teams buildable in Triage centers/Medic bunkers + AB dropable medic team now heal soldiers around automatically once they don't move (no longer needed to activate the ability manually)

US:
- Fixed Tank Commander off-map arty ability requiring wrong unlock in unlock tree
- .50cal twin on M15A1 should perform better vs planes (no longer bounce off of planes)
- Fixed suppression values for .50cal twin on M15A1 and also performance vs infantry in certain cover types revised
- Removed unit limit on M15A1
- Added "Hold position" ability to Ranger Captain
- Jumbo tanks will no longer take continuous damage near Tiger Ace tanks
- Tweaked efficiency of M18 HE shot
- Tweaked M1 Garands for Rangers and Riflemen
- Riflemen now with veterancy levels get cooldown reduction instead of accuracy bonus
- Riflegrenades are now available to all doctrines
- Riflegrenades now require WSC building instead of Motorpool
- When you purchase Rifle grenade upgrade you cannot purchase BARs or Grease guns any longer and vice versa
- Cost of Riflemen increased to 255MP
- Cost of Rangers increased to 390MP

CW:
- Tweaked efficiency of HE shot on Achilles, Firefly, 17 pounder

Axis:
- Storms Demosquad no longer retreats in crawl mode
- HLL3 has tweaked crits - either deals only damage or destroys vehicle outright
- Lowered efficiency of MG42 on sdkfz234/3 (Puma chasiss with stubby 75mm cannon + front-facing MG42)
- Corrected animation for the default gun crew on naked 20mm flak
- VT ability in Def doc no longer mentions need for StuH42

PE:
- Henschels should no longer attack structures and AT guns on their flight path
- Ambush ability on Jagdpanther no longer dissapears when it is not possible to activate it
- Tweaked efficiency of MarderIII HE shot
- Infantry can no longer upgrade neutral buildings to "Reinforcement points"
- Upgrading "Defensive operations" will now allow FHQs to heal nearby soldiers
- Corrected penetration chance of Beute Sherman 76(W) vs Super Pershing

"Tweaked HE shot of unit X" = lowered efficiency on all these units (smaller AoE, bigger damage drop)

I'm very interested! Awesome you guys are doing this

GR-FoxDie

Post by GR-FoxDie »

I love COH with the BK Mod.

If there are keys, I would like to have one to test and help. :shock:

nekketsumiko

Post by nekketsumiko »

Finally it's on steam! Thanks for the hard work!
May i have a key also? (if possible i would love to have additional key for a friend)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

There are no keys available at the moment. But we will have more info about the next batch for you soon.

Current beta updated to 5.1.2.