Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Post by Kr0noZ »

Tiger1996 wrote:So I had one idea regarding sounds throughout my conversation with Kr0noZ on Discord btw, though I am not sure if it's technically as well as practically possible or not... As I am also really unsure if this would affect compatibility. However; the idea I have in mind is: What if there would be a button that switches between the old and the new sounds just by selecting and un-selecting it? [...] It's pretty much the same how the historical add-on works, or how the HD textures used to work just by switching skins and textures.. though I am not sure if switching sounds would also work the same way!

As I already told you, that would be a massive effort^^
Bear in mind that all new sounds for vanilla things would need to be separated out, all sound for new stuff needs to be there regardless however or it wouldn't work. That's a lot of files to manually sort through - I'm pretty sure neither Wolf nor MarKr will even consider that.

@Jagdpanther: I know you've been around for a long time, so you know BK was first and foremost a realism project aiming at a more realistic damage system, more realistic visuals and more realistic audio. So these new sound are actually an expression of the mod achieving one of it's core goals (which it should have long ago but it was bugged) and they stay.
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well then, I kinda feel sorry for anyone who hates the new sounds. Even though I believe they are quite good to be honest!
But ya, each one has a different taste when it comes to be about such things ^^

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I think most sounds are okay for most of the people, only complains are about 75 at gun and k98?

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Wolf wrote:I think most sounds are okay for most of the people, only complains are about 75 at gun and k98?

Indeed,only kar 98 and 75 is bad pfounder is lil bit bad too all other's are good especially priest one.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf wrote:I think most sounds are okay for most of the people, only complains are about 75 at gun and k98?

Opinions vary.. but I'd rather tell that all of them are actually good enough, including the 75 AT gun and K98 as well... Though I would probably still say that the turret rotation sound of Tiger1 and Comet (they have the same sound btw) is probably the worst; for me it sounds a bit more like a robot. But again, this is just my personal preference and some others might disagree. Therefore I guess you don't have to revert any of the new sounds! Overall they are fine.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Tiger1996 wrote:

Opinions vary.. but I'd rather tell that all of them are actually good enough, including the 75 AT gun and K98 as well... Though I would probably still say that the turret rotation sound of Tiger1 and Comet (they have the same sound btw) is probably the worst; for me it sounds a bit more like a robot. But again, this is just my personal preference and some others might disagree. Therefore I guess you don't have to revert any of the new sounds! Overall they are fine.

churchill Croc has it too
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

The K98 sound is much more realistic than the vanilla one, yes it sounds less powerful but it's a rifle, not a ship cannon...
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Nieles
Global Moderator

Post by Nieles »

Turret rotation does sound like that in reality so that's a good one.
The 75 and k98 are quite oke, the 75 might be a discussion but like Kronos said the k98 is a rifle and not a ship cannon!
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Anyone remember when the HMG42 sound got changed to sound more like being far away. I would love to get the old HMG42 sound back. Once xali made a vote (there should be a yotube promo vid) where we could choose between a realistic HMG42 sound that sounds like standing next to it and that "HMG 42 shoots in the distant" sound. The original HMG42 was voted but the "distant sound" added at the end. Maybe anyone else can remember?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Sounds will stay as they are, its definitive, there is no changing, replacing or going back options regarding bk sounds, first because it is extremely tricky to set, and takes for ever to change without being sure that it might work at 100%, and fuck up other things, we saw it recently when we discovered our own customs sounds wasn't working the way it was supposed to be all these years, not being rude, but sounds stay.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

All of them are worse and a vote can prove it (unless people aren't blinded by "new and shiny" and vote with their d*cks instead of their brains). Sound is one of the core things that made CoH the best ww2 RTS of all time and rarely you'll find more superior sounds. Choosing these new sounds over the old ones is like replacing the CoH explosions which are pure perfection (the extra debris added by BK mod is an addition/improvement not a replacement) with MoW explosions.

Kr0noZ wrote:The K98 sound is much more realistic than the vanilla one, yes it sounds less powerful but it's a rifle, not a ship cannon...

I dont know where you got the argument of the k98 being more/less powerful, no one talked about the "power" of a k98. I was the only one talking about an old sound being more powerful than a new one and that was the tiger firing sound not the k98.

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Sounds will stay as they are, its definitive, there is no changing, replacing or going back options regarding bk sounds, first because it is extremely tricky to set, and takes for ever to change without being sure that it might work at 100%, and fuck up other things, we saw it recently when we discovered our own customs sounds wasn't working the way it was supposed to be all these years, not being rude, but sounds stay.

Being tricky to set justifies bringing the mod from great to average?
Last edited by Jagdpanther on 11 Sep 2017, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I'm both, old vCoh and preety old bkmod player already.
I've tried few different custom made soundpacks for Coh for my whole game experience, and this "new"/re-appereard sounds of Mod are good in my taste. Kar98 sounds better than LeeEnfield now :D (which was my favourite)
I see no problem there, unless it would cost on perfomance (occasional situation i've explained before, on the Replay section).
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

Jagdpanther wrote:All of them are worse and a vote can prove it (unless people aren't blinded by "new and shiny" and vote with their d*cks instead of their brains).

The current sounds are good, the old sounds were also great... So I am fine either ways; but if there is a vote, which apparently won't ever be btw.. but I'm just saying "IF" then I guess I would actually vote for the current sounds, even though I don't really like some of them. Yet, I'd still vote for them! And you can't say that anyone who votes for the current sounds is dumb or whatever. Because as I said, it's highly subjective rather than objective, and each person has a different taste or very personal preferences on such matters.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Tiger1996 wrote:
Jagdpanther wrote:All of them are worse and a vote can prove it (unless people aren't blinded by "new and shiny" and vote with their d*cks instead of their brains).

The current sounds are good, the old sounds were also great... So I am fine either ways; but if there is a vote, which apparently won't ever be btw.. but I'm just saying "IF" then I guess I would actually vote for the current sounds, even though I don't really like some of them. Yet, I'd still vote for them! And you can't say that anyone who votes for the current sounds is dumb or whatever. Because as I said, it's highly subjective rather than objective, and each person has a different taste or very personal preferences on such matters.

Dude i understand it, you like everything. I also understand that you don't know much about quality, take my gameplay video for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHrDjGrGiwU and compare it with your video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vnTFUsvt0. Do you see a difference? I would NEVER play BK or any game with such horrible lag, i'd rather not play than play like that. Listen carefully between the priest sounds for example and you'll clearly see the old one is better, there is nothing subjective about it.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, your video quality sounds great... I won't deny. However; let's also not forget that if you compare the 2 examples you have picked, you would also quickly notice that your video is 1080p and mine is just 720p on the other hand, yet; I am aware that my PC currently isn't the best. Even though I have successfully done other videos in 1080p with better performance, as I tend to frequently change my game settings from time to another.
I am not going to share any examples here though but I am pretty sure that u would find better examples with more solid fps ratios if you get to search or dig a bit deeper into my BK playlist with more than a hundred videos now. So, not all the videos I upload have the same quality, some are a bit lagging but also others are definitely not.

Bottom line is; I surely know much enough about quality, maybe even more than you do, however.. just my machine isn't as good as yours at the moment. But don't worry, it's only a couple of few more days until I would finally have a new high-end laptop that easily bypasses even what you have got! ^^ Nonetheless, I would still say that the video of which you took as an example in my case is WAY FAR from being "horribly lagging" btw.
I mean, I have actually had much worse fps ratios in few other videos before than in this particular recent video of mine which u have just shared. As I honestly can't understand how anyone would recognize this one video there to be "lagging" at all to be honest. As I said, even though your video obviously has better quality.. yet, I guess the video you have picked as an example in my case is still fluent enough as it's still too far from being "bad quality" or whatever...

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Tiger1996 wrote:Well, your video quality sounds great... I won't deny. However; let's also not forget that if you compare the 2 examples you have picked, you would also quickly notice that your video is 1080p and mine is just 720p on the other hand, yet; I am aware that my PC currently isn't the best. Even though I have successfully done other videos in 1080p with better performance, as I tend to frequently change my game settings from time to another.
I am not going to share any examples here though but I am pretty sure that u would find better examples with more solid fps ratios if you get to search or dig a bit deeper into my BK playlist with more than a hundred videos now. So, not all the videos I upload have the same quality, some are a bit lagging but also others are definitely not.

Bottom line is; I surely know much enough about quality, maybe even more than you do, however.. just my machine isn't as good as yours at the moment. But don't worry, it's only a couple of few more days until I would finally have a new high-end laptop that easily bypasses even what you have got! ^^ Nonetheless, I would still say that the video of which you took as an example in my case is WAY FAR from being "horribly lagging" btw.
I mean, I have actually had much worse fps ratios in few other videos before than in this particular recent video of mine which u have just shared. As I honestly can't understand how anyone would recognize this one video there to be "lagging" at all to be honest. As I said, even though your video obviously has better quality.. yet, I guess the video you have picked as an example in my case is still fluent enough as it's still too far from being "bad quality" or whatever...

First of all, video quality looks great not sounds great. 1080p/720p has nothing to do with lag, it has to do with file bitrate/amount of pixels. All your videos are low quality that's a fact, i was never able to watch your videos for more than 5 seconds. A laptop will NEVER beat desktop in gaming performance so you'll not "bypass" what i have, not even this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GM1JA608Y 9000$ beast can beat a desktop pc and that's because laptops have weak mobile CPU's and the CPU is the most important part in CPU intensive games like RTS games. Even a 1000$ desktop PC can beat that thing.

Tiger1996 wrote:As I honestly can't understand how anyone would recognize this one video there to be "lagging" at all to be honest.

My heart goes to all the people that tried to argue with you when i see such statements.

Krieger Blitzer

If I were you, I would honestly be less confident and rather more careful too. It looks like you lost your mind or something, do you realize you are being rude here? You have gone too far to be honest. Regardless however, I am not going to into such a discussion of whose PC is better or what videos have better quality... I am really unsure where are u willing to go with this or what would u want to achieve, but generally it seems like your eyes can't really distinguish between "high quality", and "fine/average quality" from "bad quality" on the other hand.

It also looks like you don't appreciate other opinions. As you consider your preference to be the only good direction, and all others not. By the way though, I absolutely don't care whether if you think my videos have good or bad quality either! But if you are really happy with your PC that much, then go ahead and make some more Bk videos. You only uploaded 2 videos until now! And it has been 11 months since your last one. That's of course if you are so much a believer that your videos are more worth to be watched due to better quality or performance, and I assure you; I would gladly support any good quality content. Whoever has uploaded! So don't worry, I am not that kind of a person who hates on anyone. Or well, with that being said.. in the worst condition; if you don't like the new BK sounds, you could also choose to stop playing BK. You obviously have many options to consider...

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

I spoke with @Tiger1996 in private and made peace. I apologize if i have been a little harsh with my previous posts. The only thing i want is to keep the standards high. The best or nothing is what i go for in life.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Sounds will stay as they are, its definitive, there is no changing, replacing or going back options regarding bk sounds, first because it is extremely tricky to set, and takes for ever to change without being sure that it might work at 100%, and fuck up other things, we saw it recently when we discovered our own customs sounds wasn't working the way it was supposed to be all these years, not being rude, but sounds stay.

Jagdpanther wrote:Being tricky to set justifies bringing the mod from great to average?

I don't think the mod is average even with the bk working sound mod as you said, and tricky means NOT POSSIBLE, or we come back to Vcoh.

EDIT: nothing is of course impossible, but i have a enough of having people who never like the newest changes.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Warhawks97 wrote:Anyone remember when the HMG42 sound got changed to sound more like being far away. I would love to get the old HMG42 sound back. Once xali made a vote (there should be a yotube promo vid) where we could choose between a realistic HMG42 sound that sounds like standing next to it and that "HMG 42 shoots in the distant" sound. The original HMG42 was voted but the "distant sound" added at the end. Maybe anyone else can remember?

True old times blue

Nieles
Global Moderator

Post by Nieles »

Eveything with Xali is old times Panzer, but yes i also remember!
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

why has the US 105 mm howitzer a different sound than priest? Havent they been the same weapon? 105 mm M102?

I do like the sounds more and more. The axis 20 mm on puma for example is just... love it. It doesnt so extremly different as the other single 20 mm guns anymore. Also Bofors sounds nice. Keep up the work.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

MarKr wrote:Hello,

There are changes made to prevent some abuseable things, also some weapons have revised penetration values vs certain targets. There are changes to defense structures such as barbed wires, tank traps, road blocks and sandbags - after you finish building them, they turn "neutral" (no longer belong to you; same as trenches) this should prevent the situations where AI kept throwing grenades at these things in order to "destroy enemy buildings" and also Stuka raid will no longer target them - now they should only go after intended targets.

I hope pvp Stuka targeting problem is the only reason for this change.

For Solo/multicoop game, it is the typical false good idea. As a paradox players will love that, simply because it will allow to abuse AI like it never had been possible before. It will become very simple, especially on bridge maps, to quickly isolated AI, turning the game in pause, because AI will no more try to destroy obstacle in order to attack players.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Our priority will be always pvp games, if some settings/values are a problem during pvp games, this must be corrected for balance reasons.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Our priority will be always pvp games

It is what I though, and when the feature is displayed as an enhancement for pve games too,( when it is the inverse)
, it sound more likely as a -- sorry not to have find a better solution. That made me perplexe, is why dont be honest from the start ? You have nothing to sell.