Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 902
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Wolf » 05 Sep 2017, 23:09

It is possible that some of the sounds are worse, but it is most likely not result of what we wanted, but result of file restructuralisation, which made sounds that were added by previous developers to work again. It probably worked in some previous 4.7 whatever version and didn't work since then. We just made it work again. If some sounds are vcoh and shouldn't be, then it is a bug.

Also there aren't any additions regarding AI or whatever that should indicate bigger cpu load. The only performance changes should be related to graphics / sounds, except we fixed some fps drops on CW side which in no way should affect overall FPS. In fact due to lower number of files to be read, it should load faster and should be about no different afterwards.

It is also possible that ground hd textures did not change only ground but weapons too. We are investigating that.
Image

mofetagalactica
Posts: 112
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby mofetagalactica » 06 Sep 2017, 04:06

Good work with the flamethrowers they finally are effective againts infantry and buildings.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3088
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Tiger1996 » 06 Sep 2017, 16:05

Alright, so we have now pretty much came across everything on this patch throughout our testing sessions... And here is perhaps my final feedback.

If there are any serious bugs, then it's what i have already noted on the previous page;

- Demo Storm squad still retreat in crawl mode.

- Armor doc tank commanders can't use off map arty even when it is unlocked, only until the crew veterancy is unlocked too.

- Comet hull and coxial MGs for some reason suppressing all kind of inf units almost immediately.

That's in addition to the Def doc emplaced flak88 arty barrage bug if u guys still remember it. Hopefully you figured out a fix to that...

Also by the way:
- PaKs should no longer be able to abuse for rapid shooting

Did you actually increase the aim time of AT guns? I know you didn't mention anything about the aim time in the change-log. Yet, I believe it's very obvious and significant.. or very hard to go un-noticed... As it was probably one of the very first things that caught my attention. The solution is not bad, but i think u should inform everyone about the exact aim time value...

Last but not least, i would say let's keep the current new sounds.. i am actually getting used to them! But don't lose the old sound files, u may still need to revert back at some point in the future, who knows.

About HD textures, only the ground HD textures were special. The infantry HD textures were not making ANY difference. But i don't even care much about the HD ground textures as long as i have ultra game settings anyway. Even though i actually had to use it sometimes when i managed to lower my game settings in order to avoid overheating issues, therefore i think it would be nice if players would still have the possibility to turn them ON or OFF as usual.

I will report via PM if i encounter any further bugs.

User avatar
Panzerblitz1
Team Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: 24 Nov 2014, 00:12
Location: Paris, right under the Eiffel tower.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Panzerblitz1 » 06 Sep 2017, 18:47

Guys the HD ground is full of bugs, has never been updated since for ever and isn't compatible with 3/4 of the maps, adding to that, it will lag and eat your fps like nothing, so the HD ground texture will not come back, simply because its a bad file who can' t be updated without a lot of rework.
Regarding infantry textures nothing is changing, if you're in extra quality for models, its HD.
Image

User avatar
Endro
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Dec 2014, 18:08
Location: Belgium

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Endro » 06 Sep 2017, 22:10

jagdpanzer IV/48 reward of hetzer have already the same camo system


edit: At gun have 4sec( but in game is more 6sec) aim time now ? Oo :shock:

sale93
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 20:40

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby sale93 » 07 Sep 2017, 19:38

Hi, are Mappack s 1 and 2 included in 5.0.0 Patch or i must instal them after i instaling 5.0.0 patch ?
STEAM name : sale936

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3088
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Tiger1996 » 07 Sep 2017, 20:05

endromede wrote:edit: At gun have 4sec( but in game is more 6sec) aim time now ? Oo :shock:

Yup, you are absolutely correct... And I have to consider this game breaking.
I have also already noted this indirectly on my previous post when I said:
Tiger1996 wrote:Also by the way:
- PaKs should no longer be able to abuse for rapid shooting

Did you actually increase the aim time of AT guns? I know you didn't mention anything about the aim time in the change-log. Yet, I believe it's very obvious and significant.. or very hard to go un-noticed... As it was probably one of the very first things that caught my attention. The solution is not bad, but i think u should inform everyone about the exact aim time value...


And that was one of the things that I was willing to show MarKr in a live stream btw, because I know that such matters can not be really believed if they were told, but only when they are seen... And I honestly can't believe that this patch was pre-tested within a closed/limited circle before this topic comes out anyhow. Otherwise such things would have been easily discovered!

@sale93
The patch includes both mappacks.

sale93
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 20:40

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby sale93 » 07 Sep 2017, 20:15

thanks Tiger ;)
STEAM name : sale936

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 1737
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby MarKr » 07 Sep 2017, 21:37

Once set up delays between shots are the same as before, but the guns no longer shoot after set up without aiming, which was abuseable. This affects all of the guns, how is it "game breaking" if it applies to all of them?
Image

Vancer2
Posts: 8
Joined: 18 Feb 2017, 22:12
Location: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vancer2
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Vancer2 » 08 Sep 2017, 03:19

Can you fix the bug to where infantry sometimes dont throw grenades when inside buildings

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3088
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Tiger1996 » 08 Sep 2017, 05:20

MarKr wrote:Once set up delays between shots are the same as before, but the guns no longer shoot after set up without aiming, which was abuseable. This affects all of the guns, how is it "game breaking" if it applies to all of them?

Game breaking obviously because AT guns are now sort of useless, generally all of them.
You could pretty much travel to the moon and come back while they are still aiming! This makes it nearly impossible for AT guns to catch highly mobile vehicles.. currently half-tracks can just overcome AT guns head on.
Adding aim time wasn't a bad idea itself, however; the current aim time is so huge, should be like actual 2 seconds or so.
Being the same as the aim time of handheld AT weapons or AA cannons atm... Their aim time is kinda idealist I think.

User avatar
Frost
Posts: 89
Joined: 25 Sep 2016, 20:25

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Frost » 08 Sep 2017, 11:17

Vancer2 wrote:Can you fix the bug to where infantry sometimes dont throw grenades when inside buildings



its not a bug you have to spot units insaid the building first.. or let them fire at you which this i will never understand.....
Image

User avatar
Jagdpanther
Posts: 212
Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 03:33
Location: Romania

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Jagdpanther » 08 Sep 2017, 21:15

Can we get an answer on the sounds? Are they staying? Are they gonna be replaced by the old ones? Is gonna be a vote? Al least can we have a tutorial on how to use the old ones and still be able to play multiplayer? These new sounds especially the kar98 and the 75mm are like nails to chalkboard for me.
Last edited by Jagdpanther on 08 Sep 2017, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3088
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Tiger1996 » 08 Sep 2017, 21:33

I guess having some sort of a vote on the new sounds matter could be nice and fair then.

User avatar
Panzer-Lehr-Division
Posts: 396
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 14:03

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Panzer-Lehr-Division » 09 Sep 2017, 12:31

Agreed about the sounds and also maybe add HD as addon later for people who want's?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

User avatar
Panzerblitz1
Team Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: 24 Nov 2014, 00:12
Location: Paris, right under the Eiffel tower.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Panzerblitz1 » 09 Sep 2017, 16:43

I think you guys don't really understand the problem here, the Steam restructuration of the game revealed the REAL Blitzkrieg custom sound, yes you heared me well, THE REAL CUSTOM BK SOUND, those files and we are the first very surprised by it as we thought we had the real deal, didn't worked well from all these years, so again what you have now IS the real BK sound pack, and because of that we will not remove it, first because it will be a pain in the butt to come back to vcoh sounds, and we can't come back to the previous sounds due to Steam integration.

So the current sounds stay, as they are now trully working in bk.

Regarding the HD ground pack, i already said it all and will not repeat myself.
Image

User avatar
Jagdpanther
Posts: 212
Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 03:33
Location: Romania

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Jagdpanther » 09 Sep 2017, 22:03

​It might sound weird but even if they are custom bk sounds, they ARE NOT BK LEVEL, these are poor quality sounds. BK is known for quality and attention to detail unlike other coh mods, that's why it was in top 10 on moddb. If i knew what will be done to the mod i would have never supported the portation on Steam, it kills what bk was famous for, QUALITY. These sounds were "dormant", made inactive by whoever added them probably Xalibur for a reason, because they weren't good enough, he probably added them to try them out but they didn't passed the quality test.

@Panzerblitz1 please stop acting like you have the last word on things. If i remember correctly once Xalibur left it was agreed to be a community effort to keep the development going, who knew to code and were willing they were free to do so. The rest could give feedback and vote. I like to think bk is something like wikipedia where everyone is free to contribute but only the best is kept based on a voting system but it seems only a few make the decisions.

As i said, if you chose to help please do so ONLY if your change is an improvement and not a degradation otherwise it was better if the mod was never touched. IMO it's not worth the loss that these new sounds inflict with the gain of a few more players that Steam will bring.
Image

User avatar
idliketoplaybetter
Posts: 202
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 19:55

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby idliketoplaybetter » 09 Sep 2017, 22:35

When i see comments like this above, i realise why companies like Ubisoft and EA never give a fuck about their player base and products.

p.s. thanks for still patching the game!
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 1737
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby MarKr » 09 Sep 2017, 23:07

Jagdpanther wrote:These sounds were "dormant", made inactive by whoever added them probably Xalibur for a reason, because they weren't good enough, he probably added them to try them out but they didn't passed the quality test.
That is purely your interpretation of things cleraly based on your preferences. But the truth is that these sounds were added to the files to replace the "old ones". However before 5.0.0 there were more files than now (some files were merged for 5.0.0) and for some unknon reason they did not work as they were meant to work - e.g. the Tiger turret rotation sound was working correctly in some 4.7.x version but then there were tweaks to file structure and even when it worked before, the sound was no longer in the game even when the team had no idea why it disappeared - it was NOT removed on purpose, same goes for the other sounds, they were not played because of a glitch. The current sounds actually ARE what was meant for BK and they were not used because of a glitch, NOT because Xali saw them as "low quality" or whatever. People are just used to the old sounds...as if anyone here actually fired Kar98 or PaK40 in real life...how can you say what is "closer to real sound" anyway? Just search youtube for videos of shooting PaK40 or Kar98 and the sounds don't really sound very consistent either - based on device that recorded it...though the PaK40 now sounds more like what you can hear in the videos...or maybe it is just me, hard to say. Bottom line is that the sounds are largely based on personal taste and I bet that for every person who doesn't like them you find one who does (if they express oppinion publicly on forum is another thing).
Anyway I would be cautious when presenting presumptions as facts.

Jagdpanther wrote:If i remember correctly once Xalibur left it was agreed to be a community effort to keep the development going, who knew to code and were willing they were free to do so.
And if my info is correct, you are not really correct here either. Xali left without a word to anyone and Wolf started his community project because BK was not being developed by anyone and after that the rest of the active team (people chosen by Xali) agreed to give the decision rights into Wolf's hands.

Jagdpanther wrote:As i said, if you chose to help please do so ONLY if your change is an improvement and not a degradation otherwise it was better if the mod was never touched.
And who is to say what is an "improvement" and what is a "degradation"? You? These qualities are strictly based on subjective opinion. What you don't like, others may like and vice versa. "Voting" doesn't really reflect global opinion of the community, only oppinion of people active on the forum, which is only a fraction of the whole community. I guess that if there was a vote right now, the results would be "keep old sounds", but I am not convinced about the result if really ALL players voted. Since voting is unreliable there needs to be someone who makes the calls and because the dev team are the people investing their time into making things possible, it is dev team who makes the calls. It may not be what you want to hear, it may not be what you like but that is what it is.
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3088
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Tiger1996 » 09 Sep 2017, 23:38

Well, I am currently with Kr0noZ and my mate Redgaarden talking on Discord the same time as I am typing this post. And I honestly don't know what to say.. but, I think I can confirm what MarKr said, as we also agree that the new sounds actually aren't that terrible... I mean, they are more authentic in my humble opinion. Even though I felt they are a bit strange the first time when I heard them, but then eventually I got used to them. I still understand how much Jagdpanther is in fact passionate about this game. Yet; I probably have to repeat what MarKr said but more briefly, as these new sounds apparently were not planned to be implemented on this patch in the first place btw. At least from what I understand... These new sounds suddenly became active when they repacked all the archive game files. So, these are actually the pure Bk sounds that we have been missing for too long now!
And some of them are in fact real recordings of actual weapon sounds too.

User avatar
Kr0noZ
Global Moderator
Posts: 117
Joined: 26 Nov 2014, 06:20
Location: Germany

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Kr0noZ » 09 Sep 2017, 23:40

Jagdpanther wrote:​I like to think bk is something like wikipedia where everyone is free to contribute but only the best is kept based on a voting system but it seems only a few make the decisions.

This isn't a democracy^^

MarKr wrote:as if anyone here actually fired Kar98 or PaK40 in real life...how can you say what is "closer to real sound" anyway? Just search youtube for videos of shooting PaK40 or Kar98 and the sounds don't really sound very consistent either - based on device that recorded it...though the PaK40 now sounds more like what you can hear in the videos

I have (the Kar98k at least), and I can tell you that these "new" sounds were actually made to be closer to reality than the sound-studio fabrications relic used for the vanilla game.

User avatar
Jagdpanther
Posts: 212
Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 03:33
Location: Romania

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Jagdpanther » 10 Sep 2017, 00:15

MarKr wrote:That is purely your interpretation of things cleraly based on your preferences. But the truth is that these sounds were added to the files to replace the "old ones". However before 5.0.0 there were more files than now (some files were merged for 5.0.0) and for some unknon reason they did not work as they were meant to work - e.g. the Tiger turret rotation sound was working correctly in some 4.7.x version but then there were tweaks to file structure and even when it worked before, the sound was no longer in the game even when the team had no idea why it disappeared - it was NOT removed on purpose, same goes for the other sounds, they were not played because of a glitch. The current sounds actually ARE what was meant for BK and they were not used because of a glitch, NOT because Xali saw them as "low quality" or whatever. People are just used to the old sounds...as if anyone here actually fired Kar98 or PaK40 in real life...how can you say what is "closer to real sound" anyway? Just search youtube for videos of shooting PaK40 or Kar98 and the sounds don't really sound very consistent either - based on device that recorded it...though the PaK40 now sounds more like what you can hear in the videos...or maybe it is just me, hard to say. Bottom line is that the sounds are largely based on personal taste and I bet that for every person who doesn't like them you find one who does (if they express oppinion publicly on forum is another thing).
Anyway I would be cautious when presenting presumptions as facts.


That interpretation is based on what seemed more plausible. You don't have to listen to youtube videos to decide which sounds are better, just the tiger shooting sound for example, the old one had a deep bass that gave it a sense of power, this new one has no life, no spark, it's just meh, average. These little things are what made me fall in love with bk.

Glitch or not, doest it really matters? For the sole purpose of fixing a glitch we get something which is worse? Can't we just "keep" the glitch? What's more important, glitch free code that no one sees or emotion creating little moments like hearing a tiger fire?

Kr0noZ wrote:I have (the Kar98k at least), and I can tell you that these "new" sounds were actually made to be closer to reality than the sound-studio fabrications relic used for the vanilla game.


Some of these sounds might sound closer to reality but they do not sound "better to the ear" if you understand what i mean, the kar98 for example it just hurts my hearing, it is very harsh to the ear, or the 75mm gun, it' a very "long" sound with no bass typical to a high velocity tank gun. And don't get me wrong, i'm not against all sounds, the tiger turret rotation sound is pure bliss.

MarKr wrote:And if my info is correct, you are not really correct here either. Xali left without a word to anyone and Wolf started his community project because BK was not being developed by anyone and after that the rest of the active team (people chosen by Xali) agreed to give the decision rights into Wolf's hands.


It doesn't matter who makes the decisions as long as we the players have a voice thru a voting system otherwise there will always be complaints and we'll just lose players. For me personally, i don't think i'll keep on playing with this sounds and this breaks my heart. And it's not because i don't want to, it's because the sounds hurt my ears. I count the days until the i7 8700k is reaselead so i cant play buttery smooth 60fps 4v4s.

MarKr wrote:And who is to say what is an "improvement" and what is a "degradation"? You? These qualities are strictly based on subjective opinion. What you don't like, others may like and vice versa. "Voting" doesn't really reflect global opinion of the community, only oppinion of people active on the forum, which is only a fraction of the whole community. I guess that if there was a vote right now, the results would be "keep old sounds", but I am not convinced about the result if really ALL players voted. Since voting is unreliable there needs to be someone who makes the calls and because the dev team are the people investing their time into making things possible, it is dev team who makes the calls. It may not be what you want to hear, it may not be what you like but that is what it is.


I'm pretty sure anyone can make the difference between good and bad, even a computer can so it's not just me. Voting helps even if not all people who play will vote, it's better if 20% of the players vote then none don't you think?
Last edited by Jagdpanther on 10 Sep 2017, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3088
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Tiger1996 » 10 Sep 2017, 00:30

Alright.
So I had one idea regarding sounds throughout my conversation with Kr0noZ on Discord btw, though I am not sure if it's technically as well as practically possible or not... As I am also really unsure if this would affect compatibility. However; the idea I have in mind is: What if there would be a button that switches between the old and the new sounds just by selecting and un-selecting it? I think this way people like Jagdpanther could rest assured. It's pretty much the same how the historical add-on works, or how the HD textures used to work just by switching skins and textures.. though I am not sure if switching sounds would also work the same way!

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 1737
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby MarKr » 10 Sep 2017, 00:57

Jagdpanther wrote:just the tiger shooting sound for example, the old one had a deep bass that gave it a sense of power, this new one has no life, no spark, it's just meh, average. These little things are what made me fall in love with bk.
This is purely your opinion on what is "better" (especially the last sentence perfectly points at the fact it is only your prefference), others might dissagree.

Jagdpanther wrote:For the sole purpose of fixing a glitch we get something which is worse? Can't we just "keep" the glitch? What's more important, glitch free code that no one sees or emotion creating little moments like hearing a tiger fire?
...
Some of these sounds might sound closer to reality but they do not sound "better to the ear" if you understand what i mean, the kar98 for example it just hurts my hearing, it is very harsh to the ear, or the 75mm gun like Panzer-Lehr said, it sounds more like an arty piece, a very "long" sound with no bass typical to a high velocity tank gun.
Again, everything underlined is subjective.

Jagdpanther wrote:It doesn't matter who makes the decisions as long as we the players have a voice thru a voting system otherwise there will always be complaints and we'll just lose players.
It is not really as you say. Even now there are people who like the new sounds. We keep them, you are dissapointed. We return the old ones, the others get dissapointed. And it goes like this with ANYTHING, no matter if you vote about it or not. Let's say that you have some ballance change suggestion. We implement it, you will be happy but at the same time you can bet whatever you want that there will be someone who will hate the change. Or let's say that we apply all the stuff that e.g. Warhawks or Sukin were asking for - those who asked for the changes will defend the changes and keep saying it was a good change because it promotes the play style they favor, but at the same time there will be people who will tell you that the game is fucked up completely and that they will stop playing, because it is "unplayable" (because the changes go straight against their play style). And vice versa - if go with suggestions of these people, then the other group will be pissed off.

Jagdpanther wrote:I'm pretty sure anyone can make the difference between good and bad, even a computer can so it's not just me. Voting helps even if not all people who play will vote, it's better if 20% of the players vote then none don't you think?
Yes, anyone can make distinction between "good and bad" - based on their personal taste. PCs cannot say what is better. PCs can compare sound quality and evaluate which one has "more of something" - e.g. which one is louder, which one has higher tones, which one has more Kbps etc. but if you give to PC two sounds which have the same Kbps (or whatever is the meassurement unit for sound quality) it will not tell you which one is better because PCs don't have personal prefferences. So we are again back at "better" is based on personal taste.
Image

User avatar
Jagdpanther
Posts: 212
Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 03:33
Location: Romania

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.0.0 Patch

Postby Jagdpanther » 10 Sep 2017, 01:29

MarKr wrote:It is not really as you say. Even now there are people who like the new sounds. We keep them, you are dissapointed. We return the old ones, the others get dissapointed. And it goes like this with ANYTHING, no matter if you vote about it or not. Let's say that you have some ballance change suggestion. We implement it, you will be happy but at the same time you can bet whatever you want that there will be someone who will hate the change. Or let's say that we apply all the stuff that e.g. Warhawks or Sukin were asking for - those who asked for the changes will defend the changes and keep saying it was a good change because it promotes the play style they favor, but at the same time there will be people who will tell you that the game is fucked up completely and that they will stop playing, because it is "unplayable" (because the changes go straight against their play style). And vice versa - if go with suggestions of these people, then the other group will be pissed off.


The majority wins of course. And the voting is obviously not for balance, you cannot have an opinion on making something straighter, everyone wants that.
Last edited by Jagdpanther on 10 Sep 2017, 02:00, edited 2 times in total.
Image


Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests