Blitzkrieg Mod has been Greenlit!

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
speeddemon02

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod on Steam (Greenlight)

Post by speeddemon02 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I honestly doubt that YouTube would ever remove or mute the video at any point.

Sadly they will if it follows their agenda and it does not matter how much money they lose too. Several channels I am watching are being hit because of this. The channels themselves aren't huge, but not small either.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

speeddemon02 wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:I honestly doubt that YouTube would ever remove or mute the video at any point.

Sadly they will if it follows their agenda and it does not matter how much money they lose too. Several channels I am watching are being hit because of this. The channels themselves aren't huge, but not small either.

Speaking of YouTube, then i think it's actually shooting itself in the leg... I am well tracking all the updates considering the YouTube crisis of the boycott being recently led by most of the advertisement company providers. So, this way YouTube isn't only losing those financial sponsors apparently.. but also it's going to lose all the YouTube video creators eventually! Perhaps it was a mistake when they decided to co-operate with Google.

But regarding the "enhanced vehicles reverse mechanics" video then I must say that I am honestly so confused about how it was exactly muted. The fact that the video was firstly eligible to be monetized in the first place, is actually mind blowing.
When that video got suddenly muted... I then quickly went to check all the famous videos featuring the well known Matrix soundtrack called Clubbed To Death, which was the same soundtrack I used on my "enhanced vehicles reverse mechanics" video.

And I was TRULY shocked when I found out that ALL those extremely popular videos that were featuring this music, were also completely removed at the same when my video was muted!! Perhaps I was lucky enough that my "enhanced vehicles reverse mechanics" video wasn't entirely removed but only muted, probably because the video isn't all about featuring the music itself in the first place!
But hey... Why those popular music videos were removed ONLY then? Or I mean; why were they removed only after I uploaded my "vehicles reverse" video with this music which was SOMEHOW eligible to be monetized? Given the fact that those popular music videos which were all featuring the original Clubbed To Death soundtrack have been already existing up there for about 10 years or even more actually. And now, if you google search this music... You will immediately observe that people are actually RE-UPLOADING THEM AGAIN right now!

As you could even read several comments by different people wondering "where are the old videos with xxxxxxxxxxxxx views guys? can't find them anymore!" Which makes me think that it was actually all due to a glitch, nothing more or less... And I believe this glitch took place ONLY when i uploaded my video with this music.. I probably shouldn't have ever clicked the monetize button for it!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

There are hundreds of web sites who propose licensed free music and soundtracks, just pick one and its done.

Krieger Blitzer

Well... I will have a talk with Leonida, as we are probably going to prepare an entirely new video with some licensed free music.. but it should be held back only as a reserve just in case! So whenever the video I made is removed, muted or whatever; you could then just quickly replace it with another one. I will try to make sure the new video is as good as the one I already uploaded, if not better.
Though that perhaps it will be Leonida himself who uploads the 2nd video this time on his own YouTube channel, but I can still share his video to my channel too. And yes; it's actually possible to share videos from one channel to another, and we even already did it once with his SturmTiger video btw!

But for now, I would say you are good to go with this video I made.. just don't worry so much about the music, after all the owner of this soundtrack is allowing me to use it in my video as long as it's not eligible to be monetized. So it doesn't seem like if I am breaking the law here or something.
Moreover, I think the EaW mod trailer video on Steam is actually not using a licensed music either...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Tiger1996 wrote:but it should be held back only as a reserve just in case! So whenever the video I made is removed, muted or whatever; you could then just quickly replace it with another one.

Steam and utube are not quite the same thing... don't think because utube allowed u to use licensed music ( for now ) that steam will do the same, using licensed material without authorizations its getting into trouble for nothing and "could" be a negative point for the bk introduction to the steam platform, we will not tempt the devil or just pray it will work, you need to change that soundtrack or we can't use ur video for steam, period.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, if the situation is really like this.. then easily... How about I just purchase the soundtrack?? :P

I am going to buy it from Amazon next Tuesday or some other day this week:-
https://www.amazon.com/Death-Road-Awe/dp/B001202NGQ

Going to do it as soon as I can, I will let u know when I do so. Also, if anyone knows any other methods where i can buy this soundtrack online; then please just inform me about the way.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Its not like that, you think that you can just purchause any music for about 1$ and use it everywhere?

Krieger Blitzer

When I went to my video manager, I clicked "file\issue a dispute" on the soundtrack.. and from the options; I selected "I own a CD or a DVD of this soundtrack or I have bought it online" and then it asked me for the license code. Which apparently means; YES!! Surprisingly I can... Or how would u explain that? :D

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

It just doesn't work like that, it might work for some personal private use, but definitely not as global rule. Read something about licensing, you will be surprised it seems.

Krieger Blitzer

I was already surprised when it asked me to enter the license code! I couldn't believe it :D But I agree with you, i never thought it could be working this way... But looks like it depends on the material itself. YouTube apparently allows me to license this soundtrack for this particular video only, so it doesn't mean i can use it anywhere! As it apparently doesn't always work for all other soundtracks or all the videos.

I went to other videos throughout my video manager which also contains soundtracks that aren't eligible to be monetized, and when I clicked the exact same option.. it didn't ask me for a license code this time!! But it only said that purchasing THAT music still doesn't mean that I can use it for this video. So, I guess it highly depends on the soundtrack itself and the video!

Also, if u put my video on Steam.. you don't have to upload it on Steam... You can just link it via YouTube.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I don't think you understand how copyrighted material work, in your case in order to diffuse a licenced music you need:
1- that it is your original creation,
2- to have the authorization of the author or the company who own the rights,
3- that the music has been authorized by their owners to go into public domain and free from all private/companies rights.

There is no need to fill full pages further more regarding that story, its useless, you need to choose a free licensed soundtrack for us to be able to use your video for steam, like i told you, there are hundreds of cool music free from rights you can use from the net on some specialized websites.

Exemples:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vja87ZXejyk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZMRMgr-gE

Krieger Blitzer

There is no need to fill full pages further more regarding that story

Ok, sending a PM.

Killer midget2

Post by Killer midget2 »

Congratulations on working on getting this fantastic mod Greenlighted on Steam. I have trawled through my screenshots and have gotten some of the ones that from your descriptions, sound like you could use. Use them as freely as you like, good luck for the whole process of Greenlight and I hope you keep producing more excellent content for this mod. (If you could use any sort of particular screenshot or view of something, I can always try and get any you need)
Attachments
20170417173540_1.jpg
20170417173344_1.jpg
20170417172350_1.jpg
20170417171732_1.jpg
20170417171123_1.jpg
20170308205954_1.jpg
20170224212158_1.jpg
20161103233236_1.jpg

crimax

Post by crimax »

Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Liferacer

Post by Liferacer »

Maybe it will help you
Attachments
bk (10).jpg
bk (9).jpg
bk (8).jpg
bk (7).jpg
bk (6).jpg
bk (5).jpg
bk (4).jpg
bk (3).jpg
bk (2).jpg
bk (1).jpg

Liferacer

Post by Liferacer »

These ones too
Attachments
bk (15).jpg
bk (14).jpg
bk (13).jpg
bk (12).jpg
bk (11).jpg

Krieger Blitzer

Cool pics guys! ;)
I will also see if I can later provide some pics myself.

@Devs
Oh well, I have some updates here...
I actually spent all the night trying to modify the audio of my video.. I did it all online via the YouTube inner video editor. I found out that this is the best thing I could do, instead of uploading an entirely new video.
And so for this is the final result... Looks like I successfully replaced the soundtrack!
So please re-visit the video and take a look at it once again:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqdhV44c8EQ

I know that there might be some noisy sound in the background for now, though I believe it's very slight. But I am still doing my best as I am yet trying to reduce it as much as ever possible, but I am afraid I won't be ever able to completely get rid of it. However, the video is now eligible to be monetized!
Finally it has a copyright free soundtrack now, which I think is a great piece of music too :)

Let me know what you think about the video now. If you think the video is currently not good enough at the current state, then i could actually just revert it to the original state, yes... It's possible to revert it back anytime to what it was originally. As it would also have the old soundtrack back, which is not licensed for sure. But then at this point, I could just start making an entirely new video then.. from the scratch.

But first, plz let me hear your honest opinions regarding the video after the modifications I have made.. all good now?

PanzerMk8

Post by PanzerMk8 »

Hi BKriegers,

glad to see this is coming along nicely. If you need some music composed and/or produced, please let me know, more than happy to put something together for a movies/video/slideshow. Just send me a link where I can download the video file with sounds (but without music) and I should be able to create something within a few days.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

PanzerMk8 wrote:Hi BKriegers,

glad to see this is coming along nicely. If you need some music composed and/or produced, please let me know, more than happy to put something together for a movies/video/slideshow. Just send me a link where I can download the video file with sounds (but without music) and I should be able to create something within a few days.

Hi PanzerMk8, thank you again for your great donation, welcome on board ;) MP sent.

Hi guys, a little update regarding the Steam page, Steam fees has been bought and the page is now created, its currently still a work in progress, we will release the official Steam link soon.
Tiger, no worries, we will add your video in there too.

PanzerMk8

Post by PanzerMk8 »

No worries, thank you for all the good work you have done. Glad to contribute to this great project.

Krieger Blitzer

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Hi PanzerMk8, thank you again for your great donation, welcome on board ;)

I already have him on Steam now! :D

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Hi guys, a little update regarding the Steam page, Steam fees has been bought and the page is now created, its currently still a work in progress, we will release the official Steam link soon.
Tiger, no worries, we will add your video in there too.

YAY! Can't wait to see the link of the Steam page... Never been so excited ^_^

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Great! I'm making a little video trailer too, hope i'm not late :lol:

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Leonida [525] wrote:Great! I'm making a little video trailer too, hope i'm not late :lol:

I don't think more trailers are needed anymore, its indeed a bit too late for that, but you can make a video with a more details describtions of new units bk as to offer compare to vcoh? a gameplay video that clearly demonstrates what it is like to actually play bk mod, without commentary of course, it you need the Bk steam logo, you ask me.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Good! Well I made just some seconds, so I've no problems at all changing the video in the way u said, i'll start working on it! I've already some ideas :D .. Tiger today sent me the new logo, thx Pzblitz :)

EDIT: Here it is the video! I made a sort of "overview" of what Bk Mod offers compared to Vanilla Coh, hope u like. If u need other kind of video i can make, no problems :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxe-tt ... e=youtu.be

PS: all music is copyright free :D
Last edited by Leonida [525] on 21 Apr 2017, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Leonida [525] wrote:Good! Well I made just some seconds, so I've no problems at all changing the video in the way u said, i'll start working on it! I've already some ideas :D .. Tiger today sent me the new logo, thx Pzblitz :)

Here it is the video! I made a sort of "overview" of what Bk Mod offers compared to Vanilla Coh, hope u like. If u need other kind of video i can make, no problems :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxe-tt ... e=youtu.be

PS: all music is copyright free :D

Great stuff, thx a lot, this will go to Greenlight page as well ;) good job.

PS: Edit your first post instead of double posting.