Blitzkrieg Mod has been Greenlit!

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Blitzkrieg Mod has been Greenlit!

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

VOTE HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =907578213 to see Blitzkrieg mod on Steam!

Hello guys, yes you have read well and you are not dreaming, we are going to move Blitzkrieg mod on Steam, the road is long, but it might be worth it.

How can we do that? very simple:

1-We need from you, nice Bk screens shots (without the historical addon or Nazi symbols and some pictures without texts, menu, buttons, taskbar etc...) to create nicely our Greenlight page, we will choose the best screens.

2-We need 1 Blitzkrieg mod presentation video (without the historical addon or Nazi symbols) for that Greenlight page, the video should be less than 3 mn long, the Bk logo must be in the intro and at the end of the video clip, no marking, texts or describtion are allowed.

Here the first video to feed the dragon: https://youtu.be/XGRSKWKzB8o

3-We need to raise $100 to pay the Steam fees (Donation can be made to help us achieve that). *DONE

4- When this page wil be created, we need lots of votes from the whole coh1 and Steam community! Bk mod will be greenlit quickly if we receive a lot of good votes fast.

If you want to see Blitzkrieg Mod on Steam, this is what we need to do ;)

The Blitzkrieg Mod Team.

After 25 days being on the Greenlight page, Blitzkrieg mod has been Greenlit!

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod on Steam (Greenlight)

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

This is huge 8-)
Consider it done! Specifically for the video part... ^_______________________^
I will provide my utmost ;)

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

When do you need the money no later than by?
Attachments
Tigers.jpg
Ze Plane!!.jpg

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Regarding the Steam fees, the quicker, the better, i will put donations updates in the first post.

Volksgrenadiers

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

Here are some pictures use it how you need. And when i will have money i will donate some...
Attachments
nemec6.jpg
nemec5.jpg
nemec4.jpg
nemec3.jpg
nemec2.jpg
nemec.jpg

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Wow! I ll try to help you with some of those tasks :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Guys, regarding the ingame screens we don't want menu, taskbars, texts, etc... on your pictures, your screen shot need to look like that, cleaned from all those things, thanks.

EDIT: some with menu and taskbars are welcome.
Attachments
coh1.jpg

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I think we can have few screens with the menu, atleast to show that we have more to offer.

We don't need donations in to certain date or deadline, we will make it from our pockets if needed, but of course donations help, and many players asked how can they support us without modding the game directly, this is what anyone can do.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

From viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1109&
Jagdpanther wrote:Is is a tax ? Because i can take care of than if it's under 100$
So, Jagdpanther...did you mean what you said? :D

Liferacer

Post by Liferacer »

Good job, I donate 10 EUR (215014184G448052H).

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Liferacer wrote:Good job, I donate 10 EUR (215014184G448052H).

thx its noted.

EDIT: Message from our biggest donator (75.00 Euros) : For the Steam Greenlight project. Thank you for many hours of BK fun, keep up the good work.
Regards, PanzerMk8.

Greenlight integration fees payed, thanks you all.

Bk Mod team.

Krieger Blitzer

EDIT: Message from our biggest donator (75.00 Euros) : For the Steam Greenlight project. Thank you for many hours of BK fun, keep up the good work.
Regards, PanzerMk8.

Greenlight integration fees payed, thanks you all.

wow!!! Okay... That was unexpected!! Even though I can't seem too happy about that to be honest, as I actually kept saving up my money for months especially for this green-light process... And I was planning to donate what I have next weekend.. but looks like I was a little bit too late, or somebody else was apparently much faster and way more lavish as well.
Yet, at the same time; i definitely can't be sad either to see that the donation part has now been all fulfilled!

But alright... Now I think it's time to bring some videos accordingly to the requested criteria and eventually see which one is the best.
Also, I think I am still going to donate something anyway.. just to show my support.

Liferacer

Post by Liferacer »

wow, cool =)

Are there any news regarding the voting? :D

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The voting will come when the Greenlight page will be created on Steam.

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Great screen imo.
nemec2.jpg

Krieger Blitzer

Panzerblitz1 wrote:2-We need 1 Blitzkrieg mod presentation video (without the historical addon or Nazi symbols) for that Greenlight page, the video should be less than 3 mn long, the Bk logo must be in the intro and at the end of the video clip, no marking, texts or describtion are allowed.

Here the first video to feed the dragon: https://youtu.be/XGRSKWKzB8o

I am also feeding the dragon here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqdhV44c8EQ ;)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Looks good, but not sure if we can put it up with the music.

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf wrote:Looks good, but not sure if we can put it up with the music.

What can be wrong with the music?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Is it licensed?

Krieger Blitzer

Well, it's actually not eligible to be monetized. But it's eligible for free use! Which means I can still use it... Otherwise the video would be either removed or muted by YouTube already if I wasn't allowed to use it.. but nothing seems to be wrong so far.

And if you put the video on Steam, Bk mod is still a free game... So; it's still a non-profit cause!

autraymond

Post by autraymond »

nice vids lads! :D
"There are 2 kind of people who play CoH, those who only play Axis and those who don't give a f***!" - Kwok 2021

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

You cant use any stuff even when its not for profit, if that would be true, we could use any model or whatever. That somebody does not care or cant detect everything does not mean that it is right. You should either use music that is realy free or have specific permission or license that is allowing specific use.

So yes, if its explicitly written that it can be used for free, then yes, but you can't assume that just because "it wasnt removed yet" or anything like that that its free.

Krieger Blitzer

I am afraid you are wrong with this one ^^ Models are a different story, they aren't eligible for free use unless the owner allows... But most music tracks are eligible for free use, the creators of those tracks don't mind people using their music specifically as long as their music is credited in the video description.. they are actually happy to see that people are listening to their music!
However, they would surely mind if you use their music as a way of earning money without actually purchasing their music.
Check this screenshot:-
https://s1.postimg.org/n67i1j09r/Untitled_0.jpg
So, i would say you could just use the video and no worries at all... I am also the responsible at the end of the day.

So yes, if its explicitly written that it can be used for free, then yes, but you can't assume that just because "it wasnt removed yet" or anything like that that its free.

I honestly doubt that YouTube would ever remove or mute the video at any point.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Okay, that is a different story, if it was properly identified and marked as such, then we can use it, but it might be showing ads instead of (well actually before) the video. If it is allowed for embed too.

This part is however definitely not true:
Models are a different story, they aren't eligible for free use unless the owner allows... But most music tracks are eligible for free use, the creator of those tracks don't mind people using their music specifically as long as their music is credited in the video description.. they are actually happy to see that people listening to their music!

Every music is your own and it is considered yours unless you license it differently imo. There was similar issue with "abandonware", where people thought that old DOS games are free, because nobody cares or author company is not existing anymore. And it is not legal (which gave a GOG kinda good marketing btw.)

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370 is one of the resources.

Krieger Blitzer

Okay, that is a different story, if it was properly identified and marked as such, then we can use it, but it might be showing ads instead of (well actually before) the video. If it is allowed for embed too.

Well, usually videos are fully scanned within 2 or 3 days after uploading them... And video statistics should be also visible for me meanwhile.. so let's just probably wait a little bit and see what would happen. If 3 days are passed and absolutely nothing happened, then I suppose we are all good!

I have only ever crossed the copyright line ONCE. It happened to my "enhanced vehicles reverse mechanics" video... As it actually got muted after about 4 days from uploading it! Hopefully this video won't end up the same :D Let's see. But what's really weird, is the fact that the "enhanced vehicles reverse mechanics" video was actually eligible to be monetized SOMEHOW until it got muted!!!