Page 5 of 5

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 04 Apr 2017, 22:27
by Leonida [525]
I would say keep 90 for the gameplay, too much time rotating if in realistic way

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 05 Apr 2017, 03:03
by mofetagalactica
Then at least fix the bug where the tank turns into other tanks when the turret its already aiming at the tank that you want to shoot making you lose even more time with the slow turret rotation when you use the HVPB hability or shomething like that.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 05 Apr 2017, 09:51
by Panzerblitz1
mofetagalactica wrote:Then at least fix the bug where the tank turns into other tanks when the turret its already aiming at the tank that you want to shoot making you lose even more time with the slow turret rotation when you use the HVPB hability or shomething like that.


Its not a bug.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 05 Apr 2017, 12:24
by mofetagalactica
Panzerblitz1 wrote:
mofetagalactica wrote:Then at least fix the bug where the tank turns into other tanks when the turret its already aiming at the tank that you want to shoot making you lose even more time with the slow turret rotation when you use the HVPB hability or shomething like that.


Its not a bug.


Then what it is? Because i have lose plenty of time trying to use the hability just because that.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 05 Apr 2017, 15:22
by Tiger1996
It looks like you don't understand how this whole thing works.. mate. Even though it's very simple... So, let me try to explain;
Currently M10, Pz4.J and Panther.D can only rotate their turrets 180° (90° to the right and 90° to the left) therefore when you order your tank to attack a target that is located behind, your tank will eventually turn itself.

Which is actually a benefit, and not a bug at all.. as it saves you a lot of time. Now, imagine such an extremely slow turret rotating 360° on the other hand! If so, then when you order your tank to shoot a tank behind, your tank won't automatically turn... But you will have to wait AGES until the turret finally turns to the back side. And whenever the turret hopefully turns to the rear, it will be a pain in the ass trying to adjust it again facing the front! That's why it was set up to turn only 90° to the right and another to the left. And never to turn 360° (180° to the right and 180° to the left) the other way around. As it's a very good game-play setup currently... Not sure if changing it would be ever a good idea.
But if this is ever going to change for the Wolverine to turn 360° accordingly to the poll, then at least I hope the Pz4.j as well as the Panther.D won't be changed.. as i would honestly wish them to stay as they are.

However, there is one idea that crossed my mind recently... What about implementing a new ability here? if possible of course? Which is similar to "hold facing" but with a different purpose. The new ability can be called "hold turret facing" so that after activating it, slow turrets won't turn at all.. converting those tanks to be more like Stugs!

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 07 Apr 2017, 17:56
by Panzerblitz1
I also can add that tankers were turning the entire tank in order to aim more quickly on targets, there were train that way to not expose their sides for too long.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 06:24
by XAHTEP39
360 degree turn is necessary if tracks or engine are wrecked!

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 09:09
by MarKr
If tracks or engine are wrecked then anything that can harm armored vehicles can destroy M10 before it will rotate its turret to shoot.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 08 Apr 2017, 21:18
by heinrichfritz13
eventhough that's the point.. 360 degrees for these 90 degrees tanks would be great if their tracks were disabled.. and facing it manually is better than for the tank to automatically turns itself rather than rotating it's turret

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 09 Apr 2017, 00:14
by Panzerblitz1
This will not change the survability of the unit, the turret is way too slow and it will be rekt in a blink of an eye if detracked.
We won't change that, it will simply make things worse in pvp's.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 12 Apr 2017, 19:59
by mofetagalactica
Tiger1996 wrote:It looks like you don't understand how this whole thing works.. mate. Even though it's very simple... So, let me try to explain;
Currently M10, Pz4.J and Panther.D can only rotate their turrets 180° (90° to the right and 90° to the left) therefore when you order your tank to attack a target that is located behind, your tank will eventually turn itself.

Which is actually a benefit, and not a bug at all.. as it saves you a lot of time. Now, imagine such an extremely slow turret rotating 360° on the other hand! If so, then when you order your tank to shoot a tank behind, your tank won't automatically turn... But you will have to wait AGES until the turret finally turns to the back side. And whenever the turret hopefully turns to the rear, it will be a pain in the ass trying to adjust it again facing the front! That's why it was set up to turn only 90° to the right and another to the left. And never to turn 360° (180° to the right and 180° to the left) the other way around. As it's a very good game-play setup currently... Not sure if changing it would be ever a good idea.
But if this is ever going to change for the Wolverine to turn 360° accordingly to the poll, then at least I hope the Pz4.j as well as the Panther.D won't be changed.. as i would honestly wish them to stay as they are.

However, there is one idea that crossed my mind recently... What about implementing a new ability here? if possible of course? Which is similar to "hold facing" but with a different purpose. The new ability can be called "hold turret facing" so that after activating it, slow turrets won't turn at all.. converting those tanks to be more like Stugs!


That is not what im talking about, nobody understood the bug im talking about since nobody uses the m10, anyway just try this in-game grab an m10 put it 45º aiming at other heavy tank (with the cannon already aiming and shooting that panther or tiger or wathever) then afterthat use the special hability of the armor doctrine the high penetration explosive bullet or something like that i dont remember how is called, anyway you will notice that the tank will turn again 90º aiming at the other tank (and the turret will have to turn again) and after that it will shoot.

Something like you said about implementing a new ability making it hold the turret facing it will awesome for a tank like this.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 09:28
by heinrichfritz13
pls fix the ranger infiltration bug pls

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 11:05
by Panzerblitz1
heinrichfritz13 wrote:pls fix the ranger infiltration bug pls


What bug?

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 11:51
by JimQwilleran
I bet it's about their "cloaks of invisibility" :P.

Btw, when is the new patch going to be released? Wanna try the new rangers!

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 12:30
by MarKr
Yes, we decided that their new invisibility jackets might be a little bit off from historical point of view so we will remove them in the next patch. :D

It is hard to tell when the next patch is coming. The files are ready so Wolf will pack it once he has some spare time which will hopefully be soon ;)

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 12:36
by Panzerblitz1
ah...that.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 13:30
by Tiger1996
MarKr wrote:It is hard to tell when the next patch is coming. The files are ready so Wolf will pack it once he has some spare time which will hopefully be soon ;)

While me and Leonida were testing some stuff together, as he was also helping me with the trailer video yesterday.. we actually came across 2 different bugs by accident :P One related to flak 88s, and another regarding the Luft strafe run... I think I should soon actually record an unlisted video of those bugs and probably post them on the bug section; but not before i finish making the Steam trailer video first, even though it's just 3 minutes... But I am trying to make it look like a diamond, I keep asking myself while editing the video "Hmm, what would I like new players to see? is this video now good enough??" and it's honestly taking much more time than i ever expected. However; I am hopefully done with it soon enough, even though my neck already starts hurting... Yet, I am still working my ass off right now :D

But i think that updating or patching the mod anyway would be much easier as well as way more flexible from now on when it's finally available on Steam! So, even if i was a little late to report those bugs.. then i think it's all fine after all.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 13:46
by sgtToni95
What the hell Tiger, why are you typing here instead of editing!!! I must fire that guy with the whip i hired to make you work faster..................... GO WOOOOOOOORKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! SCHNELLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 13:50
by Tiger1996
:lol:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 13:58
by Panzerblitz1
Tell us what you found to check if we have the time to correct it.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 14:05
by Leonida [525]
Yes we found out that flak88 empl cant pen the rear of church crocodile, even with APCR at point blank range (it does like 1/15 times :) .. Then luft strafing run literally oneshot also church croco

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 15:07
by Panzerblitz1
Yes but this is already fixed guys in the next patch.

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.7 Patch

Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 15:41
by Leonida [525]
Oh, great then :) ty