*Enhanced Vehicles Reverse!*

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Lartza

Re: *Enhanced Vehicles Reverse!*

Post by Lartza »

I would not want to see superspeed reversing like this, the current mechanic is better than that and I've not had such problems with the added micro that would justify the realism break of this imo. Tanks that were slow to reverse in the war should be in the game.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Jalis wrote:Why for free ? I am not sure soldiers had free demo charges, hurting only vegetation, in the bocage in 1944. For hedgerow, USA used blades fixed in front of tanks ... at bk on M4 or M10 iirc you can buy bulldozer blade. Germans have tanks enough heavy to crush vegetation without upgrade.

Probably, if need, howitzer tanks such as scott, stuh42 can do the job for free. Flamethrower tanks, also, even they could be not so popular.
Also a squad did not had to give out 50 bullets*ammo* for a stg :'D this is not a all about Realism mod so Who care? And in reallife german had heavy tanks and this mean's that they can crush Bushes and so? and what the fuck? they needed *upgrades* in reallife ?? o.o let this Realism under the Table There is not very much Realism in this mod.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

We are testing the new vehicles reverse system and we have some troubles with it in game, some a.i. vehicles are moving in reverse mode... so we are checking what is wrong with it, it seems that somehow the a.i. don't make the difference between reverse and forward with some units anymore now.

Krieger Blitzer

*Enhanced Vehicles Reverse!*

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Lartza wrote:I would not want to see superspeed reversing like this, the current mechanic is better than that and I've not had such problems with the added micro that would justify the realism break of this imo. Tanks that were slow to reverse in the war should be in the game.

Welcome there! The new functions are not allowing tanks to drive backward in a super speed, as it only aims on improved adjustments of the vehicles path finding.. specifically so that tanks hopefully wouldn't have to keep turning around themselves each time the player attempts to reverse.

Though it's honestly quite interesting to see that somebody favors the current mechanics! Which obviously seems to be contradicting the opinion for the vast majority of players.. at least based on; or according to the several positive reactions I have received on the video.

Panzerblitz1 wrote:We are testing the new vehicles reverse system and we have some troubles with it in game, some a.i. vehicles are moving in reverse mode... so we are checking what is wrong with it, it seems that somehow the a.i. don't make the difference between reverse and forward with some units anymore now.

Yup, that's pretty predictable i would say! It was the first thing that ever came into our minds when me and Endro managed to test it for the first time too. However; I think Endro would be more acquiesced of providing you with further details regarding this issue than I ever could...

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

For game there is no difference between reverse and forward speed, because it is the same.

However there is a difference for a vehicule between front and rear.

roughly and simplified.

Default sens is front in the desired direction. The nuance is the distance to travel. There is a kind of table for that. If distance is less than x (x is short distance in the table) vehicle will travel in the current position (that can be rear first, so for you reverse speed). if distance is more than X, vehicle will pivot first in the desired direction, front first, then it will move.

If you set a too generous distance it will turn in a mess. Roughly the vehicle will travel indifferently front or rear first, in the most favorable way to manuever as less as possible.

Lartza

Post by Lartza »

Tiger1996 wrote:
Lartza wrote:I would not want to see superspeed reversing like this, the current mechanic is better than that and I've not had such problems with the added micro that would justify the realism break of this imo. Tanks that were slow to reverse in the war should be in the game.

Welcome there! The new functions are not allowing tanks to drive backward in a super speed, as it only aims on improved adjustments of the vehicles path finding.. specifically so that tanks hopefully wouldn't have to keep turning around themselves each time the player attempts to reverse.

Though it's honestly quite interesting to see that somebody favors the current mechanics! Which obviously seems to be contradicting the opinion for the vast majority of players.. at least based on; or according to the several positive reactions I have received on the video.

Speaks about everyone being different I guess :D Out of the three people I know who play CoH/BK, me and another friend have never had issues with reversing and both would dislike if any historical inaccuracy was introduced just to "fix" that, we agreed on that when I linked him the video. Second friend, who has played less BK than us though, always complains about reversing and would possibly welcome this change in any form :P Haven't heard his opinion though, hasn't seen the video.

It would just be super weird to see a tank reverse fast and a player should take the specs into account that their Panther reverses at an inbearable rate of, slower than walking speed, if you drive it to the front line and then need to retreat.

So all in all, a working crawl speed reverse would probably be the most preferable option to us all since it would free up micro, but one should not be able to rely on reverse to escape even a Maus :P

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

This feature will not be applied in next patch. It makes for some reason AI send tanks in reverse at you and Endro is atm bussy in real life to try to fix it. If we'll make it work somehow in the future, we can rethink adding it but to be honest it is not that hard to hold shift and click several times behind a tank to make it go reverse so this feature is not necessary atm.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Great to see that it's finally implemented on v4.9.7 ^_^